Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! (37243 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / $600,000 Stolen In Raid Of Bureau De Change At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 6:46pm On May 05, 2013
Beware of Diamond Bank- N818,000 Stolen In One Day

Pls I am posting this on behalf of a friend.

"Please I'm going through serious pains right now & I really need help on the way Forward.

I opened a Salary Account with Diamond Bank in September 2012 to keep funds for my wife as I was travelling for my M.Sc program in the United Kingdom this January 2013.

I applied for internet banking to be able to make transfers in December 2012 paying the exorbitant amount of N4,900 Naira which they told me was for a token device which would secure my account from fraud.

As at April this year, from Salary Inflows and other Deposits, I had a Total of About 820,000 Naira in the Account.

I woke up on the 23rd of April 2013 to see multiple debit alerts from my account with my so-called secure token still in my bag here in the UK.

I immediately Emailed the Bank (screenshot of email attached) on the fraudulent withdrawal and received only an auto-response.

With the lack of reply, I called their customer care line (at the expensive international rates!) and after waiting through the long interactive voice response process finally got to speak to someone.

The person who answered said they were going to take on the case and I kept getting new responses anytime I called back.

It was a day later after angrily speaking to the person who gave me another assorted "canned" reply that I was given a phone number which I SHOULD CALL to get the matter resolved.

When I called, I spoke to a certain Mr Ifeyemi who said they are investigating the matter and also asked me a series of questions to support the investigation.

Based on the outcome of the so-called investigation, the bank is telling me stories that an email was sent to my laptop which took the money (HOW ON EARTH DOES THAT HAPPEN)

I AM NOW BEING TOLD BY DIAMOND BANK THAT I WOULD BE THE ONE TO LOOK FOR THE FRAUDSTERS AND THEY ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES.

THE ACCOUNTS WHERE MY HARD-EARNED MONEY WAS TRANSFERRED TO ARE ALL INDICATED,

ISN'T A BANK WHICH SOLD ME A PRODUCT WHICH IS SECURE SUPPOSED TO FREEZE THE ACCOUNTS WHERE MY MONEY WAS TRANSFERRED TO PENDING INVESTIGATION SINCE I REPORTED THE FRAUD IMMEDIATELY?

HOW WAS MY MONEY SIPHONED FROM MY ACCOUNT WITH MY TOKEN SECURELY HERE WITH ME?

SHOULD I SUSPECT STAFF OF THE BANK FOR THIS?

IS THIS BANK NOT LIABLE FOR THIS FRAUD ON MY ACCOUNT AND REFUND OF MY FUNDS?

I have attached a screenshot of the transactions that day as well as the first email I sent.

I really need help on a way forward for this, who do I report to? Should I sue this fraudulent bank and report them to other regulatory bodies?

Who can sort me out of this MESS?

My wife is stranded in Nigeria

I am stranded in the United Kingdom,

And the Bank which claims to be "There for you" is trying to avoid all responsibility for the occurrence after I have paid for a "secure token"

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by surveyProf(m): 6:57pm On May 05, 2013
Did u get a reply from them, I guess this is their page.....

Ditto
Op¬ Are u saying you don't know any of those persons that funds were transfered to, i.e . from your on-line banking report?
Adebayo Lowa Miche
Sunday Nnewi Bialo
Adebayo Lowa Miche
William Junior
Kareem Akeem oke
Bukola Micheal Ped

Perhaps your account must have been hacked, but u have a token, with that the token, your account can not be hacked, that is my surprise!

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 7:11pm On May 05, 2013
I know none of those people and my token is here securely with me.

I reported to the bank and it was after I called them they are telling me they are not liable.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 7:15pm On May 05, 2013
This thing was reported barely 2 hours later and I only received an auto-reply email.

Is that how a Bank reacts to fraud?

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by surveyProf(m): 7:17pm On May 05, 2013
dannywest: I know none of those people and my token is here securely with me.

I reported to the bank and it was after I called them they are telling me they are not liable.

They will contact u soonest, I have mailed the page to dem, (i.e the write up u placed here now) via their FB page, and other customers are making comment too.... perhaps this will make them respond faster.

29 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Trut(m): 7:18pm On May 05, 2013
Sometimes banks staff play HANKY PANKY with peoples hard earned money. A staff of defunct AfriBank once emptied my mum account because she didn't make transaction in her account for more 5 years, when my mum went to withdraw her money, they told her that she has no money in her account, my mum then spark in the bank hall which draw the attention of the manager, they manager plead with her to have patient while they investigate matter, upon investigation they realise that it was a former staff that zwap her money on the pretence that she didn't transact in that account for years. After every every, they refund her money without interest and she close the account after that incident.

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by surveyProf(m): 7:18pm On May 05, 2013
dannywest: This thing was reported barely 2 hours later and I only received an auto-reply email.

Is that how a Bank reacts to fraud?

My question is, do u sometimes share computers with others? have u made transfer via on-line banking before?

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by surveyProf(m): 7:21pm On May 05, 2013
Trut: Sometimes bank staffs play HANKY PANKY with peoples hard earned money. A staff of defunct AfriBank once emptied my account because she didn't make transaction in her account for more 5 years, when my mum goto withdraw her money, they told her that she has no money in her account, my mum then spark in the bank hall which draw the attention of the manager. They did investigation and realise that it was a former staff that zwap her money in the pretence that she didn't transact in that account for years.

This happens a lot, especially to deceased customers, who must have not make withdrawer or deposit for years, and nobody is coming forward.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 7:24pm On May 05, 2013
surveyProf:

They will contact u soonest, I have mailed the page to dem, (i.e the write up u placed here now) via their FB page, and other customers are making comment too.... perhaps this will make them respond faster.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 7:26pm On May 05, 2013
surveyProf:

My question is, do u sometimes share computers with others? have u made transfer via on-line banking before?

I've made only 1 transfer from the account and that was 30,000 to my GTBank account on the 31st of January to test how fast the service was.
I made the transfer here in the UK and it was from my personal computer which i dont share
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Alowonle2013(f): 7:27pm On May 05, 2013
Bros, forget oo, am very much sorry for this. Naa this happened to me last 2011 with intercontinental bank plc, till today, i get nothing out of my money and with the noise and shout. All no bring kobo. Pls just take heart and look for help. Becos u keep spending the more.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by surveyProf(m): 7:34pm On May 05, 2013
dannywest:

I've made only 1 transfer from the account and that was 30,000 to my GTBank account on the 31st of January to test how fast the service was.
I made the transfer here in the UK and it was from my personal computer which i dont share

Sometimes too some of those crime-rs do what is called phishing i.e currently there are two different types of websites for GTB on-line banking, and it takes the grace of God for anyone to differentiate the real from the fake one, many people have fallen Vitim over the years, as a result of not knowing, I will check If it is applicable to Diamond bank too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Trut(m): 7:36pm On May 05, 2013
surveyProf:

This happens a lot, especially to deceased customers, who must have not make withdrawer or deposit for years, and nobody is coming forward.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by surveyProf(m): 7:44pm On May 05, 2013
It is equally happening in Citi-bank, some Russians boys made this site, just to steal customers money, most online money transfer customers always fall victims, reason is they just can not know which site is real or fake.

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by surveyProf(m): 8:01pm On May 05, 2013
SOMETIMES TOO THOSE BOYS WILL SEND YOU SOMETHING LIKE THIS< DONT CLICK OR SUPPLY ANY DETAILS......

Nanook
05-12-2011, 11:14 AM
From Diamond Bank
Return-Path: <diamondbank@diamondbank.com>
Received: from 82.128.85.183, Lagos, Nigeria, Multi-links Telecommunications Limited, [abuse@multilinks.com]
Reply-To: <do-not-reply@diamondbank.com>
Subject: Customer Information Update
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011
Return-Path: [diamondbank@diamondbank.com]

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the recent information update on your account with the Bank.

We also wish to update our Online Banking data information and would request for you to fill and submit the needed information

by clicking or copying and pasting the following link on your web browser.

http : // pastehtml . com/view/1efes1d. html

We would be looking forward to serving you better and making your online bank account interface more secure and safer for online transactions.

Thank you for choosing Diamond Bank.

Yours faithfully,
DIAMOND BANK PLC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Diamond Bank and/or its Customer and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from a disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Bank. Diamond Bank shall not be liable for any mails sent without due authorisation or through unauthorised access. If you are not the intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please delete this mail and notify us immediately at [info@diamondbank.com].

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by jam04(m): 8:28pm On May 05, 2013
You can send an email to ICPC regarding this issue. The bank must be held liable for this. Even if atall, they aren't at fault, they should at least assist you in tracking those that did it.
They can't just leave you out in the blue!!!!

8 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by dannywest: 5:11am On May 06, 2013
jam04: You can send an email to ICPC regarding this issue. The bank must be held liable for this. Even if atall, they aren't at fault, they should at least assist you in tracking those that did it.
They can't just leave you out in the blue!!!!

Pls how do I contact them
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Booty4me: 8:49am On May 06, 2013
woooooooooooooooh

This one nah bad ass hackers aka phishing

Op you sure say you never click anyhow link from fake Diamond email?

cox that the way they could zaap all your cash all in one day

This is the reason i dont trust online transaction angry
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by AjanleKoko: 9:10am On May 06, 2013
Get a lawyer to write the bank and threaten legal action. Don't just sit and fume in frustration. Take them to court.

4 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by ifeanyi83(m): 9:49am On May 06, 2013
Report the matter to the consumer rights protection agency. They'll take it up.

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by AjanleKoko: 9:50am On May 06, 2013
ifeanyi83: Report the matter to the consumer rights protection agency. They'll take it up.

Also a good suggestion.

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by rozayx5(m): 9:52am On May 06, 2013
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:53am On May 06, 2013
Let your lawyer write them through EFCC.
You'll be amazed!

3 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Fogman(m): 9:58am On May 06, 2013
So unfortunate, keep putting pressure on them, they must do something

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nobody: 10:00am On May 06, 2013
Awon boys don position for one joint for Malaysia dey order more peppersoup and beer on top ur 800k lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nobody: 10:01am On May 06, 2013
Threaten them with lawyer them they will be serious about fishing those that are responsible
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by splashbaby(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2013
This might look very much like Phishing ...I don't know how the "Token" work...Online banking transactions requires serious caution especially if you are not tech savvy!

1 Like

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by strangest(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2013
@op am afraid you may be a victim of phishing scam... Did you click on any link that is suppose to come from Diamond bank and supplied your info?
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by bolaino(m): 10:03am On May 06, 2013
This is really serious ooo, @op, pls report this to all the relevant bodies that can assist u in recovering your money.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by blkmum700: 10:05am On May 06, 2013
@op
i think You have fall a victim of Phishing scam,Maybe you Updated link sent to your email by fraudster,it's doesn't matter if you share your computer or not,Once you click on a Phishing scam site and update your information,the information automatically goes to the fraudster email address which they use later to log into the Original bank website,but i still think the bank should be able to arrest the account owners where the funds are transferred to since you said you don't transfer those money,it's very stupid for them to tell you an email was sent to your computer and if they can't arrest the account owner then it must be an insider job that's why they don't want to arrest them.Please search for Phishing scam on google so you don't fall a victim again.

5 Likes

Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by Nobody: 10:05am On May 06, 2013
Did you receive any mail from diamond bank telling you to click on a link to activate your account or confirm your account? I think your account was hacked(Phishing), some hackers might have send you a fake link that looks like the real diamond bank and prompt you to update your account. I receive those emails every time from those hungry scammers, they are very smart and heartless.

Its better you write the ICPC or EFCC and let them investigate the account the money was transferred to, Sorry bro.
Re: N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- ! by JUO(m): 10:07am On May 06, 2013
don't you have limit on the account and why put all your money in that account?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits / How To Deal In Agric Products From North / Arthur Eze Hosts Birthday Reception For Prince Olisa, Visits Prisons, IDP Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.