Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

What Muslims Should Protest About.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Muslims Should Protest About.. (477 Views)

What Muslims Can Do For The Society. / What Muslims Should Know About Christmas. / Lord Chosen Members Protest Against Mrs Juliet's Confession DVD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Muslims Should Protest About.. by Nobody: 11:20am On May 06, 2013
THIS IS WHY MY MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS ARE PROTESTING.
P R O T E S T! | Protest Against Dr. Doyin Okupe's Insult
on Islam.
===============================
If you are a Mulslim, it is a must you Click 'LIKE' to
register your Protest
------------------------------------------------------ Monday, 8th April, 2013, on a Programm 'STRAIGHTALK'
aired bt TVC News, President Jonathan's spokesman, Dr.
Doyin Okupe refered to Islam as 'The Mother of Boko
Haram'. Islam & the Nigerian Muslims has not done any harm to
the government of President Jonathan to deserve this
insult. We therefore condemn this insult in totality and demand
apology from Okupe.
THIS IS WHY MY MUSLIM BRETHERN SHOULD ACTUALLY PROTEST.
I think we should rather protest against and punish and
reject Boko haram that is using d name of Islam to
perpetrate evil..and causing bloodshed in d land...thats
what we shd do. If somebody uses my name to commit
fraud..I think what I will do is to attack d person using
my name to rob people than attacking the people who are being robbed hope my point is clear...and I think
there is a muslim body doing that seriously..they are
kicking against Boko haram's painting of Islam bad...we
should join them rather than pursue people who are
aggrieved..no sentiments
Re: What Muslims Should Protest About.. by olaric(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2013
Must everything about Islam revolve around violence? Why not try other means like prayers for instance?
Re: What Muslims Should Protest About.. by PastorKun(m): 12:18pm On May 06, 2013
@OP
You are very correct, it baffles me why muslims don't protest against boko haram and other terrorist who are bringing their faith to disrepute yet they would protest and kill if an obscure person in Denmark draws cartoons of their prophet.

1 Like

Re: What Muslims Should Protest About.. by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 06, 2013
please take this post to the front page @ moderator.
Re: What Muslims Should Protest About.. by Areaboy2(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2013
Pastor Kun: @OP
You are very correct, it baffles me why muslims don't protest against boko haram and other terrorist who are bringing their faith to disrepute yet they would protest and kill if an obscure person in Denmark draws cartoons of their prophet.

I hardly ever agree with you, but on this occasion you're spot on

until Muslims can stand up and show unequivocally that they do not condone terrorism just as they do not condone blasphemy, majority of people will always consider the religion a violent one. Which is a shame cos it has some good values in it

(1) (Reply)

The Banqueting House / What's Wrong With This Prayers / I Think It Has To Be Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.