Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger (12628 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 07, 2013
Abdul Fattah:

Shouldn't that be ... who is the "greater" comedian ?
You are right. But that particular post has been given amnesty by me.

1 Like

Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Chillypelly(m): 4:35pm On May 07, 2013
I just ordered a 40 feet container loaded with tinned tomatoes from italy. I believe the demand will even increase as 2015 approaches. The man is gradually plunging Imo into a state despotism. We dont hear of the 23,16&14 floors set of hotels, 16 floor residential towers, Airport terminal, 27 general hospitals, tallest tower in africa, 12 floors shopping mall, multistorey carpark bla bla bla. Let the Despot just finish his 4years and get out for more responsible leaders to emerge.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by PopupBlocker: 5:31pm On May 07, 2013
I remember the jubilation on NL when this 2nd hand citizen dullard was elected as gov cheesy

Oh gosh, how time flies by cheesy grin cheesy

I am indeed grateful for intelligent individuals like Gov Fayemi.........and may Obatala bless our new Dep. Gov.

Asheeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by alexchiny: 6:08pm On May 07, 2013
Rochas the comedian. Hahahahahahahahahaaahahaha. See what cluelessness can cause! Retardeen Okorocha
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by tomakint: 6:19pm On May 07, 2013
alexchiny: Rochas the comedian. Hahahahahahahahahaaahahaha. See what cluelessness can cause! Retardeen Okorocha
No, no, Alex, I will have to disagree with you on this one, he is not a retard trust me, he is purely a 'schemer' someone in the mould of Tinubu, James Ibori,etc
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by IGBOSON1: 6:28pm On May 07, 2013
Chillypelly: I just ordered a 40 feet container loaded with tinned tomatoes from italy. I believe the demand will even increase as 2015 approaches. The man is gradually plunging Imo into a state despotism. We dont hear of the 23,16&14 floors set of hotels, 16 floor residential towers, Airport terminal, 27 general hospitals, tallest tower in africa, 12 floors shopping mall, multistorey carpark bla bla bla. Let the Despot just finish his 4years and get out for more responsible leaders to emerge.

^^^On the bolded: didn't he lay the foundation for commencement of construction works on some of those projects you mentioned? I know of the one in Owerri that the say would have a shopping mall, and the 5-star hotel in Orlu. And how come there aren't any renders/updates of these projects anywhere, like you see with others (from other states) on skyscrapercity?

Something just isn't adding up, and i can't put my finger on what it is. undecided
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On May 07, 2013
And to think this is the acclaimed best governor from that side of the country.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Obiagu1(m): 6:37pm On May 07, 2013
Dede1: Imo State has completely gone to the dogs. Thanks to Alhaji Rochas Okorocha.

I think it's time Igbos introduce Natural Born Citizen law which will allow only those that were born and bred in Igboland to hold sensitive political offices.
Zik comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by abes(m): 7:47pm On May 07, 2013
Obiagu1:

I think it's time Igbos introduce Natural Born Citizen law which will allow only those that were born and bred in Igboland to hold sensitive political offices.
Zik comes to mind.

Do you mean the same Zik? born and bred in Igboland?
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 07, 2013
Obiagu1:

Zik comes to mind.

Zik was actually born in Zungeru, Niger State.

1 Like

Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by PopupBlocker: 7:58pm On May 07, 2013
CFCfan:

Lol that dude is an uneducated buffoon.
Forget that one.

1 Like

Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Vansnickers: 8:29pm On May 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The govt of Owelle Rochas Okorocha has done some good things for the people of Imo state but it is never short of comedy.

Governor Rochas Okorocha while speaking on national tv few hours ago and listing the achievements of his govt, claim to be building a multimillion naira Freedom Square where people can go and ventillate their anger. He said any citizen that enters the Freedom Square will be given 5hours to utters any statement in anger or ventillate their anger on any given issue. Within those 5hrs, the person will have immunity but after the 5hrs the person will be on his own.

The governor went further to state that Imo people will also be provided with pure water and tomatoes which they can splash on the floor in anger. It is not clear whether the splashing of those items will be restricted to Freedom Square or whether it can be done in any part of the state.

In another development that got me reeling with laughter, Rochas said a chieftancy title will be bestowed on him tomorrow (7/5/2013). Guess what the title is? Senior Advocate of the Masses (SAM).
Lol..

Funny. Where is the Link though?
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 07, 2013
Van snickers:

Funny. Where is the Link though?
You still dey ask link? Sincere 9gerian na link himself. Lol..

If you read the opening post carefully, you'll see the source of the information. You can also Google Freedom Square, Imo state
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Obiagu1(m): 9:44pm On May 07, 2013
CFCfan:

That's what I mean. We don't need those born outside Igboland again, especially those born in the North.
Zik is a typical example of who we should stay away from no matter how educated or experienced they are.

2 Likes

Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Dibiachukwu: 10:18pm On May 07, 2013
Obiagu1:

That's what I mean. We don't need those born outside Igboland again, especially those born in the North.
Zik is a typical example of who we should stay away from no matter how educated or experienced they are.
Every sane igbo person has some respect for zik but when it comes to politics and military we should stick to those born in alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by richardbry: 10:29pm On May 07, 2013
aletheia:

1. There's nothing basically wrong with this idea. We are not in China or North Korea. Public debate is part of democracy. You may want to look at [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speakers%27_Corner]Speaker's Corner[/url] on Wikipedia.

2. It would appear that you are trying too hard to discredit anyone that is perceived as a possible threat to Jonathan. Relax man.

3. Your writing style and circumstantial evidence does suggest you are the one formerly known as Beaf.

Also known as Reno Omokri
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by FreeWill01: 11:05pm On May 07, 2013
Yup I saw it last week, but didn't know what it would be used for, until now...funny sha, Imo State needs better things than this, abi Owelle no dey see the roads....the concept makes sense sha, but irrelevant to the state.

Sincere 9gerian:
The building is almost completed na if not 100% completed.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by MrUzo: 11:10pm On May 07, 2013
he has been caught ;d

aletheia:

1. There's nothing basically wrong with this idea. We are not in China or North Korea. Public debate is part of democracy. You may want to look at [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speakers%27_Corner]Speaker's Corner[/url] on Wikipedia.

2. It would appear that you are trying too hard to discredit anyone that is perceived as a possible threat to Jonathan. Relax man.

3. Your writing style and circumstantial evidence does suggest you are the one formerly known as Beaf.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 07, 2013
I just drove through the Freedom square this afternoon. So much meriment going on when i passed. Its a beautiful environment to behold...

The private houses borderng that square are top of the world...but i never knew Rochas is a comedian.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Chillypelly(m): 12:08am On May 08, 2013
@Igbo son The aforementioned projects in my last post have all been started but the stages at each site is not encouraging. I was at the site of the 23 floors 5-star hotel in owerri costing 19billion, the 12 storey shopping mall costing 3billion, the tallest tower costing 14.5billion and the 16 floors residential estate costing 10billion and the were all at the toothing stage since last 2 years november even after the governor claimed his govt has paid 40% of the contract sum which even contravenes our procurement law in nigeria... You can now see why my anger boils.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by digitalman: 2:47am On May 08, 2013
Senior Advocate of the Masses cheesy
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Onyegecha(f): 7:18am On May 08, 2013
Imo people love laughter and merriment. Maybe that is why we got a comedian as governor. Unfortunately, there is a thin line between funny and crazy. I think our governor has crossed that line long ago. Someone who knows how to tame a wild bull in a China shop is needed urgently.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by IGBOSON1: 10:52am On May 08, 2013
Chillypelly: @Igbo son The aforementioned projects in my last post have all been started but the stages at each site is not encouraging. I was at the site of the 23 floors 5-star hotel in owerri costing 19billion, the 12 storey shopping mall costing 3billion, the tallest tower costing 14.5billion and the 16 floors residential estate costing 10billion and the were all at the toothing stage since last 2 years november even after the governor claimed his govt has paid 40% of the contract sum which even contravenes our procurement law in nigeria... You can now see why my anger boils.

^^^I'm getting tired of all this empty noise coming out of Owerri! It would appear that all these projects mentioned (as elitist as they are) are not going beyond the foundation level; and i'm sorry for Imo people if -as you say- 40% of the contract sum has already been paid.

Another reason(s) why i'm worried and feel the whole thing may be fraudulent noise is that: there are no renders anywhere of these so-called huge projects; the contracts were not awarded to reputable construction companies from which you could find out more on the projects by going to their website; and up to a year after some of these projects were launched (like the hotel at Orlu), absolutely nothing is seen or heard of the projects anymore.

Why the fuc/k can't Ndi-Imo ask questions on these issues? When you go to some Imo-related websites and forums, all you notice are gullible people praising the man, even in the face of all these unanswered questions . It's now 2 years of his administration and all we see are empty celebrations everywhere and 'achievements' that seem to exist only in the minds of the otimpku concerned. By now i would have been expecting to see videos/pics/tv-programmes of roads, schools, hospitals on-going and completed; as well as new factories and industries attracted via many of his foreign trips, as well as those from Nigerians (like you see with Anambra). I'm not happy with the way governance in Imo seems to be mainly about the person of Rochas and his family; coupled with the large amount of time and resources devoted to issues of politics and politicking in Imo.

Inspite of all the above, i still think he's an improvement on his predecessor; he just needs to concentrate more on governance and try to be less 'visible' as his achievements would speak for him.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by asha80(m): 11:45am On May 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I'm getting tired of all this empty noise coming out of Owerri! It would appear that all these projects mentioned (as elitist as they are) are not going beyond the foundation level; and i'm sorry for Imo people if -as you say- 40% of the contract sum has already been paid.

Another reason(s) why i'm worried and feel the whole thing may be fraudulent noise is that: there are no renders anywhere of these so-called huge projects; the contracts were not awarded to reputable construction companies from which you could find out more on the projects by going to their website; and up to a year after some of these projects were launched (like the hotel at Orlu), absolutely nothing is seen or heard of the projects anymore.

Why the fuc/k can't Ndi-Imo ask questions on these issues? When you go to some Imo-related websites and forums, all you notice are gullible people praising the man, even in the face of all these unanswered questions . It's now 2 years of his administration and all we see are empty celebrations everywhere and 'achievements' that seem to exist only in the minds of the otimpku concerned. By now i would have been expecting to see videos/pics/tv-programmes of roads, schools, hospitals on-going and completed; as well as new factories and industries attracted via many of his foreign trips, as well as those from Nigerians (like you see with Anambra). I'm not happy with the way governance in Imo seems to be mainly about the person of Rochas and his family; coupled with the large amount of time and resources devoted to issues of politics and politicking in Imo.

Inspite of all the above, i still think he's an improvement on his predecessor; he just needs to concentrate more on governance and try to be less 'visible' as his achievements would speak for him.
if you think rochas is having a smooth then you are mistaken..the kind of oppossition and criticizm he receives from opponents and some citizens is extremely high.there are actually owerri based newspapers dedicated to highlighting flaws of rochas administration.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Chillypelly(m): 12:50pm On May 08, 2013
@Igbo son and asha Let me give you few examples why i said Imo is plunging into the hands of despots. In 2010 Ohakim designed a new government house that was well structured and planned by the then contracting firm Arab contractors commissioned to construct it for 3 reasons;
1. To decongest the old owerri city
2. To open up new layout at the well planned new owerri city for investors to leverage on its location to develop a world class city comparable with the greater ph city as envisaged. Such investors were to invest in hospitality and tourism,waste mgt, construction of a private uni, shopping malls, markets, housing estates and development of mixed plot for networth individuals.
3. To make running of govt business to be easier since most govt agencies were located at that axis of the town. Infact a world class conference centre was even constructed and named Ahiajoku convention centre.
Unfortunately Rochas cancelled the well thought out plan and rather started building in the the already congested old govt house. He even built a conference centre in the centre of the over populated heart of owerri. He is even saying the Ahiajoku CC that is second to the city hall in lagos will be turn to a shopping mall. I'm saddened by all these, because i was part of the team that designed the new govt house which would have allowed for a huge departure from the congestion we experience in owerri today.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by asha80(m): 1:20pm On May 08, 2013
Chillypelly: @Igbo son and asha Let me give you few examples why i said Imo is plunging into the hands of despots. In 2010 Ohakim designed a new government house that was well structured and planned by the then contracting firm Arab contractors commissioned to construct it for 3 reasons;
1. To decongest the old owerri city
2. To open up new layout at the well planned new owerri city for investors to leverage on its location to develop a world class city comparable with the greater ph city as envisaged. Such investors were to invest in hospitality and tourism,waste mgt, construction of a private uni, shopping malls, markets, housing estates and development of mixed plot for networth individuals.
3. To make running of govt business to be easier since most govt agencies were located at that axis of the town. Infact a world class conference centre was even constructed and named Ahiajoku convention centre.
Unfortunately Rochas cancelled the well thought out plan and rather started building in the the already congested old govt house. He even built a conference centre in the centre of the over populated heart of owerri. He is even saying the Ahiajoku CC that is second to the city hall in lagos will be turn to a shopping mall. I'm saddened by all these, because i was part of the team that designed the new govt house which would have allowed for a huge departure from the congestion we experience in owerri today.
that ohakim's ahiajoku hall was not fully completed as at the time ohakim left office....i wonder why four years of ohakim was not enough to design and build the new government house you are talking about...as we trying to put rochas in line pls do not bring up ohakim's tenure whose main achievement in office was clean and green self deceit of owerri municipal.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Abagworo(m): 2:27pm On May 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

You need to pay more attention to reality than internet lies. The writer lied as many of those projects were resisted by Imo people for various reasons including land related and some argued that hotel is better left for private sector. The Rockview hotel which is a private sector owned outfit is the largest in the Southeast today while Concorde owned by State government is also the 2nd largest hotel in the Southeast. I've posted pictures of what I saw in Orlu which makes Orlu environmentally at per or better than many State capitals. You can compare with old and new videos or pictures from Imo State.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Dede1(m): 3:04pm On May 08, 2013
I stand to be corrected and say, Alhaji Rochas Okorocha has not accomplished anything in Imo State so far. Since Alhaji Rochas Okorocha assumed office, he built a corrugated Iron Gate for Concorde Hotel, Remodeled Commissioner’s quarters, Sold ITC and ADA Palm to his fronts such as Ginikana and Roche respectively and repaved the Wethdral Road at Ogbo Osisi.

He destroyed Owerre with kneejerk road constructions by grading the streets without tarring them.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by asha80(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2013
Dede1: I stand to be corrected and say, Alhaji Rochas Okorocha has not accomplished anything in Imo State so far. Since Alhaji Rochas Okorocha assumed office, he built a corrugated Iron Gate for Concorde Hotel, Remodeled Commissioner’s quarters, Sold ITC and ADA Palm to his fronts such as Ginikana and Roche respectively and repaved the Wethdral Road at Ogbo Osisi.

He destroyed Owerre with kneejerk road constructions by grading the streets without tarring them.
imo state goes beyod owerri municipal.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Dede1(m): 4:06pm On May 08, 2013
asha 80: imo state goes beyod owerri municipal.

It is evidential that Imo State included 27 Local Government areas. I can state categorically that these LGAs house more than handful of praise singers of Alhaji Rochas Okorocha.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by clint77ng: 5:11pm On May 08, 2013
Haba. i thought he said that his head was examined in the UK and nothing was found wrong? see what imo has been reduced to. A laughing stock. All these APC followers supporting freedom square, i wonder what they will say if it were to be GEJ. Clueless, dullard, inexperience, slowpoke, human right abuser. After 4yrs, we fit turn am to boys scout secretariat.
Re: Comedy Unlimited: Rochas Builds Freedom Square For Ventilation Of Anger by Chillypelly(m): 11:57pm On May 08, 2013
@Abagworo I feel sorry realising how gullible you present yourself. Please clearly state one signature project by Rochas outside the dualization of orlu township roads You have sold your soul for a pot of porridge and in due time you will cry out loud in pains. Rochas has succeeded in crippling the economic base of Imo state. Please find time to verify the identity of the contractor handling the chinese resturant in mbari of course its a 28 year old female relative of Rochas. Painfully there is no development blueprint for planning in Imo state. Today he scratches here, the next day he demolishes it. I feel touched to see that some people have chosen to remain adamant in their folly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sirika Arranged With Ethiopian Air To Use Risky Planes For Nigeria Air - Sagay / Nigerian Osi Uwenyiora Makes History With NY Giants / GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.