Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! (54491 Views)

Revealed: Abiola Ajimobi Instigated His Colleagues To Stop The Payment Of N18,00 / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by eagleeye2: 1:55pm On May 07, 2013
So if Ojukwu (God bless his heart) had won an election while alive you people will be jumping and jubilating.
Ojukwu (as we Igbos know, is our hero), but to some other people he represents other things.
Abeg, let's be fair when we bring other people for scrutiny. Buhari (I don't Hold Forte for him) acted with the times and circumstances he found himself. It was either that he supported the Northern agenda at that time or he was killed for going against the North. Fajuyi paid with his life, when he decided to protect his guest and C-IN-C Ironsi.
That was the era they lived in, and that is what obtains then. Either you go with the rest or you are killed with the rest. Your Choice.

27 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Gboliwe: 2:14pm On May 07, 2013
I dont know why General Buhari is still being discussed as a potential presidential candidate. That is too backward, please.

He will not, should not, cannot, shall not and would not rule this nation. Not when he is alive or even when he dies. He is not fit

8 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by mikeywise(m): 2:33pm On May 07, 2013
Gboliwe: I dont know why General Buhari is still being discussed as a potential presidential candidate. That is too backward, please.

He will not, should not, cannot, shall not and would not rule this nation. Not when he is alive or even when he dies. He is not fit

and who are u to make such assertion?

9 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 07, 2013
eagle,eye:

Point B,
I may disappoint you with my reply, but I have always believed in the saying that what is source for the Igbo man, should not be poison to the Hausa or Yoruba man.
In your righteous exultation, you have forgotten that the Hausa man will always come up with the arguement that It was an Igbo man, Nzeogwu, who first introduced coup in Nigeria. Did you ever stop to think how the other people felt when a fellow soldier(s) took up arms and went to kill both civilians and Other Soldiers in the wake of the first coup in Nigeria.
You are entitled to your opinion of Buhari being a muderer and should not try to foist your views on other Igbos and/or try to make theem feel guilt for supporting Buhari and his Ideologies.
By the way am Igbo and will defend the Igbo course, but I will not foolishly think that the events of the 60's especially the era of Coup and blood letting leading to the civil war, will make me emotionally blackmail.
Until Buhari is tried by a competent court of Justice, he still remains Innocent of all the accusations you levelled against him.
LOBATAN! A MILLION LIKES FOR YOUR COMMENT.

In the nearest future we shall know between Buhari and Jonathan who will be tried for massive killings of Civilians in the International Court of Justice.

21 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Dede1(m): 3:09pm On May 07, 2013
eagle,eye:
So if Ojukwu (God bless his heart) had won an election while alive you people will be jumping and jubilating.
Ojukwu (as we Igbos know, is our hero), but to some other people he represents other things.
Abeg, let's be fair when we bring other people for scrutiny. Buhari (I don't Hold Forte for him) acted with the times and circumstances he found himself. It was either that he supported the Northern agenda at that time or he was killed for going against the North. Fajuyi paid with his life, when he decided to protect his guest and C-IN-C Ironsi.
That was the era they lived in, and that is what obtains then. Either you go with the rest or you are killed with the rest. Your Choice.

You are simply ignorant of the facts. At this stage of your life, you are still dwelling on silly rumors and innuendoes such as “Fajuyi paid with his life, when he decided to protect his guest and C-IN-C Irons”.

4 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Dede1(m): 3:19pm On May 07, 2013
eagle,eye:

Point B,
I may disappoint you with my reply, but I have always believed in the saying that what is source for the Igbo man, should not be poison to the Hausa or Yoruba man.
In your righteous exultation, you have forgotten that the Hausa man will always come up with the arguement that It was an Igbo man, Nzeogwu, who first introduced coup in Nigeria. Did you ever stop to think how the other people felt when a fellow soldier(s) took up arms and went to kill both civilians and Other Soldiers in the wake of the first coup in Nigeria.
You are entitled to your opinion of Buhari being a muderer and should not try to foist your views on other Igbos and/or try to make theem feel guilt for supporting Buhari and his Ideologies.
By the way am Igbo and will defend the Igbo course, but I will not foolishly think that the events of the 60's especially the era of Coup and blood letting leading to the civil war, will make me emotionally blackmail.
Until Buhari is tried by a competent court of Justice, he still remains Innocent of all the accusations you levelled against him.

It is unfortunate you are twisted out of human form because Muhammadu Buhari’s record as a soldier is made public. Let me inform you that one’s record as a military officer is not a subject of court deliberation. Lt Muhammadu Buhari was active participant in the July 29, 1966 coup that saw to the massacre of Nigerian officers of Igbo dissents and soldiers from eastern region.

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Olaolufred(m): 3:22pm On May 07, 2013
A COUP DET'AT WAS CARRIED OUT BY MAJOR NZEOGWU.

UNFORTUNATELY, IT WAS A COUP THAT KILLED MORE NORTHERN TECHNOCRAT AND POLITICIANS THAN SOME OTHERS IN SOUTH WEST AND BENDEL.
WE MAY CLAIM IT WAS NOT A SECTIONAL COUP, BUT THE SLAIN PERSONALITIES ARE FROM THE OTHER ETHNIC NATIONALITIES.
SO IT PAINTED A PICTURE WHICH COULD HAVE LEAD TO COUNTER COUP.

LET US BE FAIR EVEN THOUGH WE ARE TRYING TO SUBJUCATE THE TRUTH.
BUHARI WAS PART OF THE COUNTER COUP WHICH IS NOT NEW TO MILITARY.

BUHARI IS ELIGIBLE TO RULE NIGERIA AS YOU AND I ALSO.
SO, LET THIS MAN BE.

16 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 3:23pm On May 07, 2013
eagle,eye:

Point B,

Actually, I am not disappointed in anyway to encounter a so-called Igbo defending the murder of his fellow Igbos by hausa/fulani elements, hiding under circumstance. Actually, there are quite a number of Igbos like yourself, who prefer to play the ostrich and pretend all is well even as Igbos are continually massacred in the north with the connivance of their leaders, in mold of Buhari, despite the fact that the we are not in the 'era of coups and civil war.'

I also wonder where you saw absolve Nzeogwu in this thread, or I praise him for killing civilians or his other soldiers during his naive coup. As a matter of fact, Nzeogwu is dead, and Ojukwu never won any election in Nigeria on the account of his role in Biafra.

As for Buhari being a murderer, I can only say you lied when you claimed it was my opinion. The source of the story is provided for you to verify. Buhari indeed either supervised or participated in the murdering of his comrades. Perhaps, you should be wondering how many of those Igbo officers Buhari personally killed in the orgy, his demeanor when he pull the trigger to send those surprised and half awake comrades to their maker.

It is shameful that you easily conceded that Nzeogwu and co in the first coup killed other soldiers, but when it was revealed that Buhari also participated in revenge killing Igbo soldiers, you defer to a court of competent jurisdiction. Pray, which court of competent jurisdiction convicted Nzeogwu (who was given a state burial by FG)? How would you claim you defend Igbo, yet pander to double standard when judging Igbos conducts vis-a-vis others? Some of you don't even know who you are anymore. It such a shame!

Nevertheless, I have not forced my view of any Igbos. I only aim for intelligent people (non Igbos inclusive) to know the man - buhari, better, especially in view of the revelation that he participated in killing defenseless people. What they do with such knowledge is entirely up to them.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Demdem(m): 3:40pm On May 07, 2013
Let's even assume that Buhari was involved in the killings. I strongly believe he did well. Those soldiers needed to die having killed themselves to secure power themselves. Kudos to Buhari.what a brave soldier he is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Olaolufred(m): 3:40pm On May 07, 2013
PointB:

Actually, I am not disappointed in anyway to encounter a so-called Igbo defending the murder of his fellow Igbos by hausa/fulani elements, hiding under circumstance. Actually, there are quite a number of Igbos like yourself, who prefer to play the ostrich and pretend all is well even as Igbos are continually massacred in the north with the connivance of their leaders, in mold of Buhari, despite the fact that the we are not in the 'era of coups and civil war.'

I also wonder where you saw absolve Nzeogwu in this thread, or I praise him for killing civilians or his other soldiers during his naive coup. As a matter of fact, Nzeogwu is dead, and Ojukwu never won any election in Nigeria on the account of his role in Biafra.

As for Buhari being a murderer, I can only say you lied when you claimed it was my opinion. The source of the story is provided for you to verify. Buhari indeed either supervised or participated in the murdering of his comrades. Perhaps, you should be wondering how many of those Igbo officers Buhari personally killed in the orgy, his demeanor when he pull the trigger to send those surprised and half awake comrades to their maker.

It is shameful that you easily conceded that Nzeogwu and co in the first coup killed other soldiers, but when it was revealed that Buhari also participated in revenge killing Igbo soldiers, you defer to a court of competent jurisdiction. Pray, which court of competent jurisdiction convicted Nzeogwu (who was given a state burial by FG)? How would you claim you defend Igbo, yet pander to double standard when judging Igbos conducts vis-a-vis others? Some of you don't even know who you are anymore. It such a shame!

Nevertheless, I have not forced my view of any Igbos. I only aim for intelligent people (non Igbos inclusive) to know the man - buhari, better, especially in view of the revelation that he participated in killing defenseless people. What they do with such knowledge is entirely up to them.

OBJ RULED NIGERIA DESPITE PARTICIPATING IN BIAFRA WAR.
PROBABLY HE MUST HAVE KILLED ONE OR TWO BIAFRAN SOLDIERS OR CIVILIAN.
DOES THAT DISQUALIFY HIM FROM RULING NIGERIA TWICE?
YOU MAY KNOW BETTER.

12 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Dede1(m): 3:47pm On May 07, 2013
PointB:

Bros, you do not need to bother about ill-informed troll who still dwells on innuendoes and silly rumors. I stopped taking the poster seriously when he\she had this to say- “Fajuyi paid with his life, when he decided to protect his guest and C-IN-C Irons”.

You can easily discern the class of intellect of the aforementioned individual by the class of goons who are fanning ambers of support for his\her goofy sketch.

4 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 4:13pm On May 07, 2013
Dede1:

Bros, you do not need to bother about ill-informed troll who still dwells on innuendoes and silly rumors. I stopped taking the poster seriously when he\she had this to say- “Fajuyi paid with his life, when he decided to protect his guest and C-IN-C Irons”.

You can easily discern the class of intellect of the aforementioned individual by the class of goons who are fanning ambers of support for his\her goofy sketch.

My brother thanks for your wisdom,
I do not intend to entertain him. I only want to reach others who, though redeemable, yet think like him.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 4:19pm On May 07, 2013
Olaolufred:

OBJ RULED NIGERIA DESPITE PARTICIPATING IN BIAFRA WAR.
PROBABLY HE MUST HAVE KILLED ONE OR TWO BIAFRAN SOLDIERS OR CIVILIAN.
DOES THAT DISQUALIFY HIM FROM RULING NIGERIA TWICE?
YOU MAY KNOW BETTER.

Obj fought in the civil war, he probably commanded troops who killed more Biafran soldiers (in battle) than Buhari can ever think of butchering. But Obj was not know to have slaughter unarmed comrades in cold blood. Therein lies the difference between the two men - one (Obj) was a commander , the other (buhari) was just a cold blooded butcher.

Perhaps you should read it again slowly, and try to imagine the scenario:

By the time (Murtala) Muhammed got to Ikeja, Captain Martin Adamu, Lts. Nathan, Nassarawa, Muhammadu Buhari , Alfred Gom, Longboem and a bunch of NCOs were already in control of the battalion, having executed several Igbo soldiers and officers (including Major B Nnamani, one of the company commanders) and arrested many others by cordoning off the quartermaster section of the barracks or grabbing soldiers as they came out for morning PT.

(Murtala) Muhammed reportedly gave orders to stop the killing

Please tell us what is gallant (brave) in the action of Muhammadu Buhari and his gang of butchers here, in comparison with whatever Obj might have done.

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by alexchiny: 4:26pm On May 07, 2013
eagle,eye:

Correction sir! Fajuyi didn't die protecting Ironsi. He was earmarked for death for allegedly supporting the Nzeogwu led coup. Get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by UmarSanda: 4:37pm On May 07, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro: Point B.

What is your purpose with post? Do you want a discussion on Buhari's eligibility for presidential race in 2015, or, do you want to discuss his participation in 66 coup?
dnt mind d eediot,@op is Buhari d leader of d Coup?, he is a soldier following order, and i dnt want 2 believe ur fada didnt tell u dat its ur kinsmen dat started d trouble den, n u r stil here whinning like a hungry kitten. If ur fada didnt tel u, ur kinsmen led by Nzogwu who grew up as a Northerner slain many Northern n South western leaders whle dey spare there own, u think u cn do dat n go scot free? U dnt want 2 mention d dead, yet u can mention Murtala and Ahmadu Bello? Wat a hypocrate.

U r working hard 2 discredit GMB, bt u wil nt suceed, dat hatred wil kill u n ur likes.

17 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 07, 2013
eagle,eye:

Is it this same reason that led him to:.
1. Overthrow an elected government.
2. Call for muslims to vote muslims.
3. Have, uptill now, refused to campaign or reach out to SE and SS.
4. Make inflammatory statements that tend to divide.
5. Unnatural quest for power.
Buhari is an anti-democrat and ought not to benefit from one.

5 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
Umar Sanda: dnt mind d eediot,@op is Buhari d leader of d Coup?, he is a soldier following order, and i dnt want 2 believe ur fada didnt tell u dat its ur kinsmen dat started d trouble den, n u r stil here whinning like a hungry kitten. If ur fada didnt tel u, ur kinsmen led by Nzogwu who grew up as a Northerner slain many Northern n South western leaders whle dey spare there own, u think u cn do dat n go scot free? U dnt want 2 mention d dead, yet u can mention Murtala and Ahmadu Bello? Wat a hypocrate.

U r working hard 2 discredit GMB, bt u wil nt suceed, dat hatred wil kill u n ur likes.

So that Buhari is not the leader, even though he was one of the planner and organiser, makes it right that he murder his colleagues in cold blood? And how did you arrive at the point that Buhari was following orders? Whose orders was it that he killed the men? Was it Murtala Mohammed's who stop the killings apparently because he was appalled by what Buhari and co had done?

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 07, 2013
I wonder why i should judge a man based on whatever he did before i was born. This is 2013 and not in the 60's for fucck sake! I don't know why the poster created this thread but have it in mind that Buhari is loved by most Nigerians for his strict and civilized rule in the 80's. At least i was pretty young by then and know what good governance is all about. Buhari should be given a chance to revive this sick nation.

15 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by jidestar: 5:11pm On May 07, 2013
berem: I wonder why i should judge a man based on whatever he did before i was born. This is 2013 and not in the 60's for fucck sake! I don't know why the poster created this thread but have it in mind that Buhari is loved by most Nigerians for his strict and civilized rule in the 80's. At least i was pretty young by then and know what good governance is all about. Buhari should be given a chance to revive this sick nation.

Na so oh! You have spoken well ma pesin. No mind dat biafran propagandist, dat is why we dey marry igbo girl, if u be one.Before u finish we go give u moderator for this section. no mind those anofia.

10 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by UmarSanda: 5:22pm On May 07, 2013
PointB:

shattap dia! Did u even hav a brain at all, d guy is telling u d plain truth u r stil trying 2 twist facts.

Did u just say Buhari is a coward? So they shld hav wake d soldiers n tel dem, "bros we wan kill u" abi? If u dnt kw, Nzeogwu killd Ahmadu Bello whle he was praying, n also his pregnant wife, wat do u call dat? As far as am concern d counter coup is justifiable, u shld threw d blame at d doorstep of ur greedy n bigoted leaders, am greatly disapointd at d killing of Ndigbo dat follows n led 2 d Civil war, bt yet d blame stil remain at ur doorstep, any Hausa man wil nt tak it lightly wit u wen u kill d likes of Sardauna n Balewa.

9 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 07, 2013
Umar Sanda: shattap dia! Did u even hav a brain at all, d guy is telling u d plain truth u r stil trying 2 twist facts.

Did u just say Buhari is a coward? So they shld hav wake d soldiers n tel dem, "bros we wan kill u" abi? If u dnt kw, Nzeogwu killd Ahmadu Bello whle he was praying, n also his pregnant wife, wat do u call dat? As far as am concern d counter coup is justifiable, u shld threw d blame at d doorstep of ur greedy n bigoted leaders, am greatly disapointd at d killing of Ndigbo dat follows n led 2 d Civil war, bt yet d blame stil remain at ur doorstep, any Hausa man wil nt tak it lightly wit u wen u kill d likes of Sardauna n Balewa.

I am not for any coup or counter coup!

I am against the fraud called Nigeria. It was a mistake and remains a mistake that must be corrected.
Enough of the bloodshed.

3 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by jidestar: 5:41pm On May 07, 2013
berem: I wonder why i should judge a man based on whatever he did before i was born. This is 2013 and not in the 60's for fucck sake! I don't know why the poster created this thread but have it in mind that Buhari is loved by most Nigerians for his strict and civilized rule in the 80's. At least i was pretty young by then and know what good governance is all about. Buhari should be given a chance to revive this sick nation.
But Berem sha, take it easy with our igbo bro. We need dem to they produce fine wife for us, before long no more igbo. grin
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by UmarSanda: 5:47pm On May 07, 2013
Berem! Na u dey yarn sense lik dis? Abi u b sekuseye? @OP u pretend u dnt c d part where i stated dat ur kinsmen startd d whole thing, sincerely tell me if u wil nt react if Buhari led a coup dat kill only Ndigbo, whle Northeners were spared?

4 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by UmarSanda: 6:00pm On May 07, 2013
noblezone:

I am not for any coup or counter coup!

I am against the fraud called Nigeria. It was a mistake and remains a mistake that must be corrected.
Enough of the bloodshed.
Ok,i agree wit u, bt dnt u thnk d Igbos r n serious abt Biafra, if dey do, let dem put dia house in order first, let d Senators, Governors n oda Officials of Igbo extraction com 2gda afta rubbing mind wit d entire Igbo populace n write 2 d appropriate quaters dat dey want 2 b on dia own, i bet u it wil b easy, bt 2day, many Igbo wil tel u dey dnt wnt Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by eagleeye2: 6:41pm On May 07, 2013
Dede1:

It is unfortunate you are twisted out of human form because Muhammadu Buhari’s record as a soldier is made public. Let me inform you that one’s record as a military officer is not a subject of court deliberation. Lt Muhammadu Buhari was active participant in the July 29, 1966 coup that saw to the massacre of Nigerian officers of Igbo dissents and soldiers from eastern region.

Dede,
I have no doubt that Buhari actively participated in the July 29, 1966 Coup. The July coup was an answer to Nzeogwu's coup.
If Nzeogwu and co did not deem it fit to carry out a coup in which some Officers of the Nigerian Army from other tribes were killed, their would never have been a retaliatory coup by Buhari and co.
Please stop being clouded by Sentiment. I am not justifying any of the coupist, but don't just give a dog a bad name in other to hang it.
Take Buhari to court let him be tried for his sins, that is all I am saying. Because if Buhari is taking to court all other coupist will be taking along with him.
Justice for one is Justice for all.

9 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by eagleeye2: 6:42pm On May 07, 2013
Dede1:

You are simply ignorant of the facts. At this stage of your life, you are still dwelling on silly rumors and innuendoes such as “Fajuyi paid with his life, when he decided to protect his guest and C-IN-C Irons”.
Since I am Ignorant, Dede I will appreciate it very much if you will educate me on the events that led to Ironsi's death.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2013
[size=14pt]OP is a comedian

The same OP who would argue that Nzeogwu, Ifeanjuna etc who killed defenceless civilians are revolutionaries

And now argues Buhari who killed soldiers is a murderer.

Its like their is a daft gene in some people[/size]

10 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by eagleeye2: 6:49pm On May 07, 2013
PointB:

POINT B,
We can argue back and forth till thy Kingdom come. The truth is that in your hatred for Buhari, you will prefer that he alone be singled out and punished for a crime that was not solely committed by him.
Go through my posts and you will see me vigorously defending the Igbos, especially the killing that took place after the July coup.
BUT WHAT I WILL NEVER DO IS TO SINGLE OUT A SINGLE MAN AND CONDEMN HIM FOR AN ACTION TAKEN BY MANY OTHERS. THAT MY BROTHER FROM IGBO LAND IS HYPOCRISY.

4 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by solomon111(m): 6:51pm On May 07, 2013
Buhari is loved by 'most' Nigerians?
Which Nigerians are you talking about?

3 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by dayokanu(m): 6:53pm On May 07, 2013
If the OP tribesmen didnt start the killing of soldiers and civilians Buhari wouldnt have acted.

So OP blame your people who first started coup in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by solomon111(m): 6:58pm On May 07, 2013
dayokanu: If the OP tribesmen didnt start the killing of soldiers and civilians Buhari wouldnt have acted.

So OP blame your people who first started coup in Nigeria
vote for him then since you love murderers of igbos.
But don't expect him to garner any success in the SE/SS and the middle-belt.
I am sure the core-north and SW is enough to win him the presidency.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by PointB: 7:03pm On May 07, 2013
Umar Sanda: shattap dia! Did u even hav a brain at all, d guy is telling u d plain truth u r stil trying 2 twist facts.

Stop pandering to sentiments. This thread is not interested in who fired the first shot in the Jan 15 coup. It is an exposition of how Buhari, supervised and participated in the butchering, without orders, several of his unarmed colleagues, when they could have easily been arrested and detained.

I am only bringing this up simply because many did not know this dark side of the man who had contested and lost election severally in Nigeria. I am not sure if karma is toying with him, or providence is working against him. But what I am very sure reading that report is that Mohammmadu Buhari actually pulled the trigger to kill a few men who were probably wearing t-shirts, against military code of ethics and Geneva convention. The argument that Nzeogwu was responsible for Buhari's sheer barbarity in butchering his colleagues actually portray him - buhari- in more darker form. It reveals a a man whose vindictiveness makes emotionally unstable. Such people are often carry alot of darkness in the mind, and needless to add, very evil.

Let me put the above in perspective:

At the outset of planning for the coup, late General Garba says in his book '"Revolution in Nigeria", Another View', that "We intended explicitly to kill no one. The aims were, firstly, to get Decree No. 34 abrogated; secondly, to bring the coup makers of January 15 to trial; thirdly, to accord due honour to the military and political leaders - especially the Prime Minister - who had been killed."

However, as we now know, the rebellion was anything but bloodless as other agendas took center stage when all hell broke loose.Garba insists that there was no specific plan to annihilate all Igbo officers and soldiers - although it appeared so to neutral observers from the way many northern NCOs (aided by some officers and civilians) were carrying on with reckless abandon and total disregard for life and property. Garba himself admits that they went "berserk".

Garba himself admits that they went "berserk" Who were those among the original planners who went 'berserk' in the bloody orgy, butchering even unarmed colleagues, against initial plan? One name stands out, and tall - the tall one, of heart of darkness- Mohammadu Buhari!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Fayose To FG: Tell Nigerians Owners Of REMITA / UPDATE: Many students feared killed as suicide bomber hits Yobe school / IPOB Gunman Reveals His Face With Gun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.