Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

What Is The Best Parental Advise You Have Ever Received? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Best Parental Advise You Have Ever Received? (996 Views)

A Kind Nairalander Deposited 2000k To My Account For D Fake 1k I Received Pics / Have You Ever Received This Kind Of Mail? / Most Painful Insult You've Ever Received? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Parental Advise You Have Ever Received? by gmhc(m): 6:42pm On May 06, 2013
Good day y'all,
I just thought of this and i felt it would be nice to hear your opinion on it. We all know how vital the role of parent is in the development of a child. As a kid, my parents would scold me, spank me or even punish me each time i go wrong. But as i was growing up all this stopped and what they now do is talk to me because they know I am becoming an adult or rather permit me to say *unfloggable* again. When i gained admission into university, my mother gave all the womanly advise of don't join bad gang, face your studies and the likes but the best advise came from the mouth of my father. In his quiet tone he looked at me and said, 'son you are now a man because you will be leaving us to stay alone on your own, "always remember the son of who you are" as my people will say ranti omo eni ti iwo nse.
This word act as my guiding principle and i am going to carry it over to use it as a word of advice for my children too.

So lets keep it coming, what is the best advise you have received from your parent/guardian?
Re: What Is The Best Parental Advise You Have Ever Received? by gmhc(m): 6:48pm On May 07, 2013
Is it that nobody has something to say or...
Re: What Is The Best Parental Advise You Have Ever Received? by ihedioramma: 7:37pm On May 07, 2013
TO OBEY THE LAWS OF JESUS AND FELLO HIS TEACHINGS .
Re: What Is The Best Parental Advise You Have Ever Received? by ihedioramma: 7:38pm On May 07, 2013
TO OBEY THE LAWS OF JESUS AND FELLOW HIS TEACHINGS .

(1) (Reply)

EMS - How Effective Is Thier Services? / Fupre Student Just Shot Dead By Robbers / What Comes To Your Mind When You See A Beautiful Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.