Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Official Xbox One Thread - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Official Xbox One Thread (8214 Views)

I Will Buy Your Xbox One Or PS4 Console And Ship It, For A Payment / Playstation 4 Vs Xbox One (Comprehensive Comparison) / XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 7:31pm On May 22, 2013
Bawss1:

Dude. Listen to yourself.

Obviously you didn't bother to see if all the rumours your read would be confirmed by Microsoft. Kotaku ke.

SMH
alright I might not have taken a second look maybe because I'm a sony fanboy but I expected that info to be legit cause its ign and there is a legal system on those things and yes kotaku exists
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 9:39pm On May 23, 2013
Forza Motorsport 5, coming to Xbox One at launch!

Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 12:35am On May 25, 2013
Breaking NEWS:
Xbox One wont be asking for fee on used games but "The Xbox One will automatically authenticate a game using an encryption code built into a game's disc, when it is installed on the machine. That authentication on the console's hard drive tied to the game is then verified regularly through an internet connection. When a person sells the game or it is installed and played on another system, the game is deauthenticated on the original machine until the disc is brought back and used to re-authenticate the installation."
*according to undisclosed source from Polygon*
well,this sounds way better if it is proven to be true,which means Xbox one would allow u sell a used game but would be inactive on your console once the other party gets it in-stored on his console...we all waiting to hear the final truth on June 10!!!
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2013
^
While that is interesting for reselling games how does it affect lending games? If someone lends his disc to a friend does it mean that the owner has the license of the game revoked, as in, he is unable to play it from his console's memory? Questions still remain which Microsoft must address.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 1:15pm On May 25, 2013
^^
no*i think your not getting the message(it was well explained by Microsoft)that's if the source was 100% correct!!!let me try and explain to you..
lets say mr A buys a brand new game cd and in-stores it on his Xbox one(which enables him play without disc any more)*note(but does not mean he can sell to mr B if he is not yet done with the game)selling to Mr B means you no longer own rights to the game disc anymore (which automatically terminates you once Mr B in-stores it on his console)for me,its a good idea,
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 3:23pm On May 25, 2013
Still unclear

When one buys the hard copy of a game,i.e a disc, the X1 allows for the owner to install the game to the console's memory and play later on without the disc correct?
What happens when say this same person lends his neighbour the disc and the neighbour installs same disc on his own X1. Note : A trade hasn't taken place, let's just call it an exchange

Is this scenario possible to begin with? Can the 2 gamers play this particular game simultaneously? Or does the first gamer- the owner- lose rights to play the installed game because his license has been revoked?
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 3:27pm On May 25, 2013
Spell check again. THREAD not tread
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 6:42pm On May 25, 2013
exactly!!!!but note*(the real owner can still pay the game once the disc is been returned)which means his neighbor wont have access again (Microsoft would be able to monitor this 2ro internet connection)hope u understand now?
and thanks once more don't know y i like typing tread always grin grin
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 8:21pm On May 25, 2013
sad? Woah I didn't understand a thing you said this is too damn complicated aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! I don't just get why microsoft would be the only ones to break the natural order of gaming this is not sexy at all
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2013
How is this a new thing it has been like this on pc since 2001 or before when I played half life. You install the game in you pc put in the cd key but you still have to use the cd to start the game. Of course they pirated the game and make it playable without the cd still. This is what the Xbox one wants to do which I don't see any difference from the 360 except they needed an always online internet authentication.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 10:02pm On May 25, 2013
^ You obviously don't understand this feature if you think it's just like how PC games work.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 10:33pm On May 25, 2013
Yes I do. What am saying instead of using cd key to authenticate now they use the internet also and when someone sells a game Microsoft expect a fee from the seller for the game license to be transfered to the new user and deactivate the one from the original user. If U want to lend the game U have to give the person your Xbox account to use the game else you pay the fee. It is going to be bad for Microsoft if internet is used for the authentication every now and then. why they are charging is because they want developers to make more money and encourage people to buy original copy driving sales and helping retail store make more sales.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 12:38am On May 26, 2013
^^yeah @benalvino,ur right *(but Xbox one would be making use of internet)which was rumored to be always online...@bawss i guess u wait til June10 to get the real gist *(so u don't end up confused with all our propaganda) grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 2:29pm On May 28, 2013
Another feature that reduces whatever attraction some people may have for the Xbox One is that it appears the console will be region locked!(http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/26/report-xbox-one-will-be-region-locked/ ) This implies that you will not be able to play games purchased from regions outside the one that the console was made for.

MS is seriously making things easy for the PS4 (if Sony doesn't implement same). Bad start MS, bad start.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 2:35pm On May 28, 2013
My decision has already been shifted toward the ps4 or wii u
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 5:16pm On May 28, 2013
How is it different from the PS 3 and Xbox 360? They are all region locked even SNES was region locked with NTSC version and pal version I don't see the big deal here
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 8:34pm On May 28, 2013
region lock is nothing new for now!!both ps3 and xbox360*(have region lock) smiley smiley
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2013
9ineGames: region lock is nothing new for now!!both ps3 and xbox360*(have region lock) smiley smiley

Incorrect. The PS3 isn't region locked. My console was bought from the USA yet virtually all of my games come from the UK. All that NTSC and PAL ish don't apply on the PS3. I understand the X360 is similar with some minor differences. Why MS decides to reintroduce this feature baffles me... Or maybe not given their anticonsumer approach to building the X1
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 9:36pm On May 28, 2013
^^we have different types of regions(check your ps3 cd now)we have NTSC region 1 ,2 and i guess 3!!!for the fact that pal played on ur NTSC console does not mean every game would play(it all goes down to the region type number also)i personally have experienced that b4)don't dull yourself ..
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 10:21pm On May 28, 2013
Bawss1:

Incorrect. The PS3 isn't region locked. My console was bought from the USA yet virtually all of my games come from the UK. All that NTSC and PAL ish don't apply on the PS3. I understand the X360 is similar with some minor differences. Why MS decides to reintroduce this feature baffles me... Or maybe not given their anticonsumer approach to building the X1

You are unfortunately... Here In Nigeria we use American standard electricity suckey DVD and video games... So the games coming here are actually American standard. To clear it up go to Sony playstation forum

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Games/Is-the-PS3-Region-Free/td-p/7913384
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 12:30am On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

You are unfortunately... Here In Nigeria we use American standard electricity suckey DVD and video games... So the games coming here are actually American standard. To clear it up go to Sony playstation forum

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Games/Is-the-PS3-Region-Free/td-p/7913384

What are you talking about, in Nigeria the standard voltage for domestic use is 240 V AC(RMS) at 50Hz similar to the UK standard and for video encoding the standard used is the PAL standard just like the UK(even though the UK has since moved to a different standard)
So what you stated in your post is factually incorrect. Most of the games sold in this country are usually of the PAL standard, i.e European and not American. If you looked at the link you referred to you would have understood that PAL and NTSC region restrictions did not apply on the PS3. Peruse the answers given to the the question once again if you didn't get it.

Btw I am in Nigeria.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 7:11am On May 29, 2013
Bawss1:

What are you talking about, in Nigeria the standard voltage for domestic use is 240 V AC(RMS) at 50Hz similar to the UK standard and for video encoding the standard used is the PAL standard just like the UK(even though the UK has since moved to a different standard)
So what you stated in your post is factually incorrect. Most of the games sold in this country are usually of the PAL standard, i.e European and not American. If you looked at the link you referred to you would have understood that PAL and NTSC region restrictions did not apply on the PS3. Peruse the answers given to the the question once again if you didn't get it.

Btw I am in Nigeria.

the reason for my post is not to compare electricity but to prove the ps3 is not region free... The electricity thing is an explanation and the link I provided shows the PS3 is not region free that is the point I am trying to make and except you can prove otherwise am correct
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 8:56am On May 29, 2013
benalvino:

the reason for my post is not to compare electricity but to prove the ps3 is not region free... The electricity thing is an explanation and the link I provided shows the PS3 is not region free that is the point I am trying to make and except you can prove otherwise am correct

You are correct? Amazing. You stated in your post
benalvino:
Here In Nigeria we use American standard electricity suckey DVD and video games... So the games coming here are actually American standard.
Which Nigeria are you talking about? Don't dig yourself deeper in this hole of ignorance. Take some time out to find out which standards apply in Nigeria regarding electricity and video encoding before engaging in discussions of this nature because this is all so laughable. While you are doing that read through the link you posted earlier again and understand; the PS3 allows for games from different regions to on play on it. It is for the most part a REGION FREE console (I say most part because there is a small exception of specific SECAM standard games where restrictions apply)
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 9:17am On May 29, 2013
Bawss1:

You are correct? Amazing. You stated in your post
Which Nigeria are you talking about? Don't dig yourself deeper in this hole of ignorance. Take some time out to find out which standards apply in Nigeria regarding electricity and video encoding before engaging in discussions of this nature because this is all so laughable. While you are doing that read through the link you posted earlier again and understand; the PS3 allows for games from different regions to on play on it. It is for the most part a REGION FREE console (I say most part because there is a small exception of specific SECAM standard games where restrictions apply)

bite me :p
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 10:44am On May 29, 2013
benalvino:
bite me :p

LOL. You were an easy spar and I'm not much of a contestant myself.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 11:01am On May 29, 2013
hahah u guys are funny!! @bawss1 you have to listen *(not trying to side anyone here)but @benalvino: is 100% correct!!!!i personally have experienced this b4 *
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 5:50pm On May 29, 2013
I have completely lost track first I heard authenticate , then the others I can't remember I feel like such a noob compared to you guys and I thought I knew games Teach me MASTERS shocked
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 6:13pm On May 29, 2013
9ineGames: hahah u guys are funny!! @bawss1 you have to listen *(not trying to side anyone here)but @benalvino: is 100% correct!!!!i personally have experienced this b4 *

100% correct how? You read my post earlier that said for the most part the PS3 is a region free console right? If it were region locked then PAL games wouldn't work on an NTSC console at all. Where you have encountered restrictions probably had to do with the odd number of SECAM games. Heck, read the link Benalvino posted.

Eitherway this doesn't detract from the fact that MS is handling the release of the X1 in a very bad manner. All this bad publicity may cost them sales in the end.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 12:06pm On May 30, 2013
Bawss1:

100% correct how? You read my post earlier that said for the most part the PS3 is a region free console right? If it were region locked then PAL games wouldn't work on an NTSC console at all. Where you have encountered restrictions probably had to do with the odd number of SECAM games. Heck, read the link Benalvino posted.

Eitherway this doesn't detract from the fact that MS is handling the release of the X1 in a very bad manner. All this bad publicity may cost them sales in the end.

Dude... ok let me put it this way... today's tv are pal secam ntsc etc... all those techs are in it... If you get region 1 disk for PS3 that is region 2... while it may work or works... trust me you cant download content for that game... And I don't see anyone who is even affected by how the 360 region stuff was last time... The 360 was by far the best console last generation or this generation... better multitasking... better graphics... better online experience... more apps... frequently updated... down side was no blueray... but how many people even buy blueray disc?

playstation lost the console war and xbox wins... I had never had the 360... got ps3 and homebrew hack in it... but all my friends had xbox and I say its the best experience.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 3:50pm On May 30, 2013
benalvino:

Dude... ok let me put it this way... today's tv are pal secam ntsc etc... all those techs are in it... If you get region 1 disk for PS3 that is region 2... while it may work or works... trust me you cant download content for that game... And I don't see anyone who is even affected by how the 360 region stuff was last time... The 360 was by far the best console last generation or this generation... better multitasking... better graphics... better online experience... more apps... frequently updated... down side was no blueray... but how many people even buy blueray disc?

playstation lost the console war and xbox wins... I had never had the 360... got ps3 and homebrew hack in it... but all my friends had xbox and I say its the best experience.

Its like we are going round in circles

Perhaps this explains what I have said better
PS3 games are not region locked.

A PS3 does have region locks on the following media:
- Blu-Ray movies
- PS1 games
- PS2 games
- DVD movies

There might be some restrictions on DLCs but that doesn't change how the PS3 is classified. (A walk-around on DLC restrictions is to create an account for its specic region but that's a different story now and I can't verify its reliability)

The X1 like the X360 will be region locked according to MS, maybe that's not much of a biggie to some folks but there are others who consider this a drawback.

OK have had enough of this region locked/free debate. Lets look for other features(of which there are plenty) on the X1 to gripe about. grin
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 6:31pm On May 30, 2013
Bawss1:

Its like we are going round in circles

Perhaps this explains what I have said better

There might be some restrictions on DLCs but that doesn't change how the PS3 is classified. (A walk-around on DLC restrictions is to create an account for its specic region but that's a different story now and I can't verify its reliability)

The X1 like the X360 will be region locked according to MS, maybe that's not much of a biggie to some folks but there are others who consider this a drawback.

OK have had enough of this region locked/free debate. Lets look for other features(of which there are plenty) on the X1 to gripe about. grin

more like mary go round...
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 10:22pm On May 30, 2013
benalvino:
The 360 was by far the best console last generation or this generation... better multitasking... better graphics... better online experience... more apps... frequently updated... down side was no blueray... but how many people even buy blueray disc?

How did I miss this part of your post? You have spoken like a true Xbox fanboy. Easy on the MS kool-aid will you. The Xbox does not have better graphics than the PS3, both are comparable. Same with online experience. Whatever differences that exist on both consoles are marginal. None can claim to be a true global winner. The Americans like their Xbox just as much as the Japanese and Europeans like the PS3. Interestingly both Sony and MS have incurred serious losses producing their respective consoles so none of them were real money spinners in the end. You may have thoroughly enjoyed gaming on your Xbox but there are many who suffered RROD numerous times. The PS3 for all it's technical superiority was matched in perfomance by the X360... In all both consoles were on the same level, anybody who says one is way better than the other is just a drunken fanboy and that role has come to be treated with disdain by serious gamers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Own Or Have You Built A GAMING PC: Please Share Your System Specification / Websites For Downloading Ppsspp Games For Android Phone / Do Not Post Adverts Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.