Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Official Xbox One Thread - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Official Xbox One Thread (8213 Views)

I Will Buy Your Xbox One Or PS4 Console And Ship It, For A Payment / Playstation 4 Vs Xbox One (Comprehensive Comparison) / XBOX One Game Console By Microsoft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 10:39pm On May 30, 2013
benalvino:

Dude... ok let me put it this way... today's tv are pal secam ntsc etc... all those techs are in it... If you get region 1 disk for PS3 that is region 2... while it may work or works... trust me you cant download content for that game... And I don't see anyone who is even affected by how the 360 region stuff was last time... The 360 was by far the best console last generation or this generation... better multitasking... better graphics... better online experience... more apps... frequently updated... down side was no blueray... but how many people even buy blueray disc?

playstation lost the console war and xbox wins... I had never had the 360... got ps3 and homebrew hack in it... but all my friends had xbox and I say its the best experience.
didn't nintendo win the console wars? Cause they always have sitting in the background watching other companies decline in sales while nintendo has always had much better sales than the ps3 even with inferior hardware and games however games made by nintendo themselves always focus on core material and gameplay its so simple and yet nintendo franchises always receive greatest reception but all nintendo does is cash in on the same franchises over and over again and add new materials to what couldve been there in the first place if they had the hardware. My guess is that nintendo purposely makes inferior consoles because their motive is gameplay and immersion not necessarily quality and it satisfies its core fans with this splendid gameplay so what we don't actually know is that nintendo is slowly gaining the attention of every gamer like a virus for instance nintendo ported batman arkham city , darksiders 2 and mass effect 3 onto their latest console the wii u which is supposed to appeal to hardcore gamers as well as usual nintendo gamers . Also nintendo has beaten sony twice in the portable department the nintendo ds made more sales than the psp and had a much better reception than its psp counterpart same wuth the psvita versus the 3ds sony obviously has better hardware on the vita but sales are not as good as the 3ds in north america and even in sony's home country japan its only recently the psvita has had some decent sales in asain countries because of the promise of triple A titles like killzone and tearaway while nintendo has pleased their fans straight from the beginning with a handful of titles which have gotten way better reviews than a lot of the psvita games that are out. Anyway just saying nintendo has been winning the console war all along not in africa though but I don't know much about nintendo compared with microsoft . By the way what does homebrew hacking do to the ps3
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 10:40pm On May 30, 2013
Sorry if I wrote too much btw wanted my point to go through
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 10:57pm On May 30, 2013
damn!!u two need a tournament battle shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 11:23pm On May 30, 2013
awaeardfdfrfd: Sorry if I wrote too much btw wanted my point to go through

Some punctuation would have helped too. smiley

Yeah Nintendo has arguably been the most profitable of the big 3 but in recent times they have started to experience slow sales. The Wii U their next gen console hasn't taken off with a buzz so it is doubtful that the success they witnessed with the Wii will repeat itself again.

I'm tipping Sony for the overall better console this time even though this is premature of me because they haven't fully disclosed what the features of the PS4 are.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by benalvino(m): 10:08am On May 31, 2013
@9games I know what am talking about and yes Xbox360 was superior in multitasking graphics and better online game I don't see what can compete with Xbox live... I told you I have never own 360 but yet am a fan boy... am a Microsoft fan yes... when I was in Nigeria I had Ps3 cos I cant experience good internet and I don't want to spend much buying Cds... so I use the Homebrew for PS3. Now am in the Uk only one person I know Own Ps3...every other of my friend Have xbox... Even when fifa2013 was out the line I saw for xbox buyers against PS 3 was 10 to 1.

360 is the standard for which games are developed... Consoles are holding the power od PS back because most time the Games are ported to pc from xbox and to ps 3 also... Goto youtube type graphics comparison Ps3 vs Xbox and be surprised...

the Ps3 cant even multitask properly that is why you have long update time... Yes internet speed is 20mega byte per second you can download one gig of movie in les that 1 minute but the ps 3 is still painfully slow and you can check that online also.

the xbox was updated with features every year making it new... smart glass etc... while ps 3 was downgraded removing Linux os support backward compatibility support.

Nintendo wii makes money but they lost the battle why because of their targets are kids... most kids will just play it and don't think of upgrading the console if their parents don't make the decision... that is why Wii U is selling like snail slower than the Xbox now in Us and uk that has been leading sales for over 2 years straight in the US...

You may call me fan Boy but it does change anything... what I have said is a fact you can visit Youtube and knock your self out with the comparison...

also the ps 3 blueray was a waste... only 2 percent of the games makes full use of it... like metal gear solid final fantasy etc... 98% are just DVD...
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 12:48pm On May 31, 2013
^^

Will you stop with the FUD already! Gosh

Your post is riddled with too many unfounded statements that it hurts to read.

360 is the standard for which games are developed...
Says who? This is just ridiculous, developers built console games based on PowerPC architecture, an architecture that both the X360 and the PS3 were both structured upon. PC games are based on the X86 architecture so saying that the X360 is the standard for developing games doesn't make sense at all.

the Ps3 cant even multitask properly that is why you have long update time... Yes internet speed is 20mega byte per second you can download one gig of movie in les that 1 minute but the ps 3 is still painfully slow and you can check that online also.
What in the world? Please tell us what you mean by multitasking in a game console then show us how the X360 carries it out and how the PS3 didn't.

the xbox was updated with features every year making it new... smart glass etc... while ps 3 was downgraded removing Linux os support backward compatibility support.
Both the X360 and the PS3 receive regular firmware updates so what are you talking about? The X360 has the smart glass application, the PS3 has the cross play feature with the vita. Kinect and Move are motion based accessories for X360 and the PS3 respectively. Both consoles saw similar lines of feature additions so saying that the PS3 was left 'un-updated', if there is such a word, is just untrue.

How can you say the Bluray player on the PS3 is a waste? Maybe you didn't have need for it but there are many other users who found it a useful utility. It is obvious that your observations are highly subjective and far from accurate. Matter of fact I don't have the strength to continue dissecting your unfounded statements - it is tiring.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
recent rumors reveals that Xbox one is expected to cost more than ps4
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 7:39am On Jun 04, 2013
9ineGames: recent rumors reveals that Xbox one is expected to cost more than ps4
yes I heard 600 punds for it while the ps4 is gonna be on the range of 400 dollars to 459 which is equal to 300 pounds I think not sure
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
If those rumors are true then guys at Redmond have lost it.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2013
"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2013
how game licensing works for xbox one:
"Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2013
how to borrow your friends games on xbox one:
"Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
^Its still a hard sell no matter how they cut it at this point.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
from what i can tell(Microsoft)is trying to shift the blame on developers ..
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by monkeysmoke(m): 2:25am On Jun 08, 2013
Even from the latest clarification from MS about the whole DRM thing, the Xbox one is just a mess.

So let say after i buy the xpensive Xbox One i will be forced to get an internet connection and also have to worry about my data cap and subscription if i wanna play game.
We don't have good networks in Nigeria and the data limit we get here are ridiculous.
A friend of mine got Swift 4G recently it couldn't even burst pass 200kb/s. lol @ 4G

Microsoft are just being stupid and greedy. The current generation of consoles doesn't have any DRM shit on it yet games like HALO, COD, GTA, Red Dead Redemption and many more broke pass millions of sales. How can they not be satisfied by that? I don't see any excuse for this new second hand game policy because its a greedy bull shit!!

Some Xbox One games that makes use of cloud will require constant internet connection. This is another rubbish because am sure most 1st party games on the console will use this feature. I didn't know MS can be this stupid, instead of relying on the consoles power they are cowardly relying on cloud which is almost impossible in Nigeria because of our slow network and expensive data limit/cap.
So that's why MS used a weaker GPU and a RAM slower than the PS4 because they want to rely on Cloud **FAIL**

Seriously if the Xbox One launches like this i won't accept it if its given to me for free becos i won't go through all that nonsense Policy shit for a game console.
How will i be gaming with a console that checks in every 24 hours with the internet for rubbish reasons.

PS4 is the last hope of Gaming now i hope SONY doesn't screw up too.....
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 2:52am On Jun 08, 2013
^^
i 100% feel u bro,for now,the last option is Wii u(depends on ps4 E3 show on monday)we would also be hosting live coverage on our Facebook and updates here on nairaland (please feel free to join and lets all share our opinions)
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 11:30am On Jun 08, 2013
9ineGames: from what i can tell(Microsoft)is trying to shift the blame on developers ..
hahahahahaha sounds much more ridiculous each time I hear about microsofts dumb techniques this year but seriously all I want to do is play games on a superior consoles with badass graphics and also I don't want my new console to freeze like the ps3 all this complicated stuff has completely lost me I might just buy a wii u
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by monkeysmoke(m): 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
9ineGames: ^^
i 100% feel u bro,for now,the last option is Wii u(depends on ps4 E3 show on monday)we would also be hosting live coverage on our Facebook and updates here on nairaland (please feel free to join and lets all share our opinions)
Yeah am really anticipating the E3.
My fingers crossed, hope next gen consoles doesn't mess up Gaming for us.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
Sony had better not just screw up things for us.
Everyone will be following this year's E3 with keen interest.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Bawss1: Sony had better not just screw up things for us.
Everyone will be following this year's E3 with keen interest.
yeah also anticipated of what sony is planning for the psvita and what badass games will be released for the system
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 10:38am On Jun 10, 2013
Microsoft's Xbox One E3 briefing to start at 5:15PM today.
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bawss1: Microsoft's Xbox One E3 briefing to start at 5:15PM today.
yeah E3 starts today so psyched
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
Na wa o. Why did the title of this thread revert to the incorrectly spelt word "Trend"?
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by Bawss1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Anyone following the X1 event on E3? Phantom Pain is coming to the X1
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
Microsoft's biggest exclusive property is getting a brand new installment for Xbox One. Master Chief returns for a full first-person shooter experience.(New Halo Coming In 2014)

Re: Official Xbox One Thread by PAPAAFRICA: 2:46am On Jun 11, 2013
looks like a vcr
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by azpekuliar: 1:50am On Jun 15, 2013
benalvino:

playstation lost the console war and xbox wins... I had never had the 360... got ps3 and homebrew hack in it... but all my friends had xbox and I say its the best experience.

Nicca, the PlayStation 3 might have lost out to the Xbox 360 in the last generation, but how about the generation before? It's a landslide victory. The PlayStation 2 is the highest selling console of all time! 150,000,000 copies sold and still selling compared to the Xbox's 77,000, 000 sold!

Fast-forward to the new generation, PlayStation 4 is already well ahead of the Xbox One in pre-orders. I was initially going for the Xbox One until Sony's unveiling of the PS4 at E3 2013 on Wednesday.

A $100 cheaper price tag, no online connection requirement, no used game restrictions.

Team PlayStation 4 all the way!

2 Likes

Re: Official Xbox One Thread by awaeardfdfrfd: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
azpekuliar:

Nicca, the PlayStation 3 might have lost out to the Xbox 360 in the last generation, but how about the generation before? It's a landslide victory. The PlayStation 2 is the highest selling console of all time! 150,000,000 copies sold and still selling compared to the Xbox's 77,000, 000 sold!

Fast-forward to the new generation, PlayStation 4 is already well ahead of the Xbox One in pre-orders. I was initially going for the Xbox One until Sony's unveiling of the PS4 at E3 2013 on Wednesday.

A $100 cheaper price tag, no online connection requirement, no used game restrictions.

forever PLAYSTATION!!!!
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by monkeysmoke(m): 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
azpekuliar:

NEWS: PS3 is Currently ahead of XBOX 360 in total world wide sale. Go check on it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

PS3 launched a year later than the XBOX 360 and it was even more expensive yet it now leading in world wide sales!!
Xbox is not even winning anything...
Re: Official Xbox One Thread by princee007(m): 6:30am On Jun 17, 2013

Re: Official Xbox One Thread by 9ineGames: 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
ps4 currently wining !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Own Or Have You Built A GAMING PC: Please Share Your System Specification / Websites For Downloading Ppsspp Games For Android Phone / Do Not Post Adverts Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.