Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? (869 Views)

Isnt It Wrong For Christian Pharmacists To Sell Condoms / Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? / Is It True Dat D Holy Bible Isnt Complete (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by kambo(m): 6:48am On May 07, 2013
... worked up about him.

him = GOD. JEHOVAH JIREH, JESUS, JEHOVAH NISSI.
the everlasting father, the creator of heaven and earth.
the invisible one.
the father of spirits.., Holy spirit etc.

you create more threads tryiing to disprove God than theists
create on anything about him!!!

You get so livid with emotion -- you begin cussing,
if somebody says anything contrary to your opinions.

You almost cant mention HIS name in the same breathe without
spilling a cuss word.
Y does something that is not real draw so much emotion and energy
from you?
Arguing about him heightens your blood pressure!!
You burn with the same passion terrorists and fundamentalists
display. cracked folks.
All this for unreality?!

You stay up all night defending and researching to score hit points.

This is contrary to the way people in real life treat
unreal entities: fictions of imaginations.
They laff,then ignore..

if he isnt real , Y does he command so much of your attention?

Like, you dont have important things to do with your time..

the last time i checked, inconsequentials were often ignored..

Y so much effort expended. so much precious time wasted.

on something invented that isnt real?

4 Likes

Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by frank317: 7:18am On May 07, 2013
I believe in God, but I don't think he is what religion had made him to be. If he is what religion has made him to be, then he is everying we say he is and everythin we say he is not.

But back to topic, I think the question shuld be, if he is real why are u worked up? U see this question can b turned back to u. If he is real do u have to evangelize, preach in buses etc just to convince people he is real? If he is real everybody will b convinced he is real by a natural self awareness. U don't have to argue with anybody, no body would have doubted his existance.

That being said, I think God is God for God's sake but not for our sake. We are who we are for our own sake, bringing God in our daily life is just a burden we chose to carry, it changes noting.

5 Likes

Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by Nobody: 8:49am On May 07, 2013
I guess there's nothing left to say...

1 Like

Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by Candour(m): 9:55am On May 07, 2013
frank3.16:
I believe in God, but I don't think he is what religion had made him to be. If he is what religion has made him to be, then he is everying we say he is and everythin we say he is not.

But back to topic, I think the question shuld be, if he is real why are u worked up? U see this question can b turned back to u. If he is real do u have to evangelize, preach in buses etc just to convince people he is real? If he is real everybody will b convinced he is real by a natural self awareness. U don't have to argue with anybody, no body would have doubted his existance.

That being said, I think God is God for God's sake but not for our sake. We are who we are for our own sake, bringing God in our daily life is just a burden we chose to carry, it changes noting.

@OP.
True.Some so-called atheist are at best skeptics who are in turmoil about religion.This is normal as we encounter things we can't explain on a daily basis but i dont think only atheists are worked up.Some so-called Christians are actually worse.

You're right to an extent frank3.16.we Christians are more worked up than some Atheists.Apostle Paul advised in Phil 4:6 that we be anxious for nothing.We should be the most serene of individuals but alas,the venom with which we attack supposed opponents and defend our various churches and MOG's does not portray people who have inner peace at all.

We've seen Christianity as a way of escape from the current state of affairs in our country so we bend God to fit in.When it goes otherwise,we become schizophrenic at trying to explain what we think the cause is.Some even lie to defend God in the process.see the verses below
John 16:33
''These things i have spoken unto you,that in me ye might have peace.In the world ye shall have tribulation:but be of good cheer;i have overcome the world''

Timothy 3:12
''yea,and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution''

We are not promised a rose petaled pathway when we become Christians.Infact true Christians are told to expect more troubles.

I saw your post about losing your fiance in that accident on benin-ore road and i've followed your write ups since then.take heart brother.evil and good happen to both good and bad people weather a christian,muslim,pagan or atheist as long as you're on this earth.There are some things we can't explain on this side of eternity and we'll only weary ourselves trying to.

3 Likes

Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by kambo(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2013
frank3.16:

actually, d argumnt doesnt go both ways as u say.
U act on ur beliefs not ur unbeliefs.
If u believe a chair can carry ur weight u sit on it. Overtime u dnt even thnk twice b4 actg. But if u believe somtin isnt real, u dnt exert much effrt. E.g if u dnt blve in say a real genie and a magic lamp, tht can do ur biddin,like for aladdin, you'll laff of pple who do as fools. I wud. U'll scoff at tht genie , make mockery of him, hav tonnes of laffs, then get back 2 ur normal life. Soon, d poking will get dreary 4 u- cuz u've got mor important thngs to do. But wen u over-xtend urself, say write books , create videos, I mean spend serious time and effrt , tryg to prove d genie in d bottle doesnt exist! Then somtin seriously is going wrong...

People dnt giv too much tot to inconsequential thngs,talkless of imaginary nonsense such as a real life genie.

If i argue and call u a fool 4 belivg in dat genie, cuss ur stupid genie to ur face.. Dare him to grant me a wish.. I'm off. But if i hav to research, say the asian texts about d genie or even analyse d genies xrcter, to discredit him, then I'm over xtendg myself. And in some ways provg tht this imaginary genie is a BIGGER DEAL thn i'd like 2 admit.
If i buy prime television time, go to a publisher, spend even a year studyg abt the genies text to falsify him i shd b questioned!!

If strng emotion is vented by disbelievers in d genie, often, somtin is amiss. If a disbeliever in d genie gets in a shoutg match with one monk, holdg his genie lamp, i'd wonder y d ventg? If d mocker went as far as smashg a monks lamp, who is just mindg his busness- somtin is wrong. On d contrary, knowg dat genies dnt exists, i'd buy more lamps as a gift for my imaginary-genie-wrshper out of mockery.
If i kill a genie wrshpper-thn,
or hate one and celebrate his death/dwnfall/torture
wth all honesty- my claim of disbelief is false. Wat wud a foolish monk rubbin his genie lamp mindg his busness do to warrant violent attacks!! .
Ths shows there really is more to it. The genie must b real.

1 Like

Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 08, 2013
[size=58pt]THANK YOU OOOO!!!![/size]

i never have and probably never will understand how ppl
can claim to dislike, disbelieve or disapprove of individuals/people or ideas
but are so obsessed that talking about them becomes their life's sole purpose
!! grin grin grin grin

i am throwing LOADS of stones with this post..who ever it hits GOOD FOR YOU! kiss
Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 08, 2013
*Kails*:
[size=58pt]THANK YOU OOOO!!!![/size]

i never have and probably never will understand how ppl
can claim to dislike, disbelieve or disapprove of individuals/people or ideas
but are so obsessed that talking about them becomes their life's sole purpose
!! grin grin grin grin

i am throwing LOADS of stones with this post..who ever it hits GOOD FOR YOU! kiss

This Kalis, the day I will handle you..........
Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 08, 2013
frank3.16:

Well said.

It is christians that are worked up.

Saturday mornings and sundays, I am woken up by bells ringing and chanting from a nearby church.
At work, some foolish supplier puts in Rhapsodies of Realities (A church booklet) with every delivery
At home, the girlfriend forces me to watch nollywood films on dstv and at the end of every film; "To god be the glory"
Drinking beer at the local joint, some guys are wearing rosaries.....

Bombarded with God and yet the op is saying that we shouldnt talk about him?
If the christians could practice their religion in peace and in moderation, would I have anything to say?
Do you see atheists bashing pagans?
Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by kambo(m): 11:32pm On May 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well said.

It is christians that are worked up.

Saturday mornings and sundays, I am woken up by bells ringing and chanting from a nearby church.
At work, some foolish supplier puts in Rhapsodies of Realities (A church booklet) with every delivery
At home, the girlfriend forces me to watch nollywood films on dstv and at the end of every film; "To god be the glory"
Drinking beer at the local joint, some guys are wearing rosaries.....

Bombarded with God and yet the op is saying that we shouldnt talk about him?
If the christians could practice their religion in peace and in moderation, would I have anything to say?
Do you see atheists bashing pagans?

you've not made anypoint. The counter argument "if he is real, y get worked up" is not an answer.
Its like sayg if a chair is real y sit on it. The preacher,rhapsody poster is actg out their belief (witnessg. For d rhapsody guy, giving God d glory for d nollywood folks) . The pastor wth d loud speakers disturbg d neighbourhood is a noise pollutant.. Though this is a trend as if loud noise is more effectve. But the crwd may justify volume.

If he is real, sombdy who's xperiencd Him b4 cud get wrked up, just like ppl get wrkd up about
pop stars,celebrities, intellectuals etc perfectly understandable.
But inapplicable in d reverse.
These folks dnt exert tryg 2 prove his reality(to doubters) but rather to experience
his reality for thmselves.

Y will exert over somtin not real.?
Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by Nobody: 4:59am On May 09, 2013
kambo:

you've not made anypoint. The counter argument "if he is real, y get worked up" is not an answer.
Its like sayg if a chair is real y sit on it. The preacher,rhapsody poster is actg out their belief (witnessg. For d rhapsody guy, giving God d glory for d nollywood folks) . The pastor wth d loud speakers disturbg d neighbourhood is a
noise pollutant.. Though this is a trend as if loud noise is more effectve. But the crwd may justify volume.

If he is real, sombdy who's xperiencd Him b4 cud get wrked up, just like ppl get wrkd up about
pop stars,celebrities, intellectuals etc perfectly understandable.
But inapplicable in d reverse.
These folks dnt exert tryg 2 prove his reality(to doubters) but rather to experience
his reality for thmselves.

Y will exert over somtin not real.?

Seriously illogical thinking...................

This is no way this proves anything about God other than you christians disturb others with belief in God.

Do you see atheists going from house to house evangelizing about no God?
Do you see atheists preaching in the market square about no God?
Do you see atheists opening churches in every street corner?
Do you see atheists pulling people out of churches?

But you see atheists on the internet complaining about how christians and muslims force their religions on others and you conclude that we are worked up about God.

Let me educate you. In real life, God and religion do not come out from my mouth 98% of the time, except when discussing it with friends on a rare occassion. Why would I talk about something that has no place in my life?

Furthermore, you should use your brain to understand that for every time you talk about God, someone has the right to talk about there being no God.
Re: If He Isnt Real, Why Are You So Worked Up? by frank317: 9:05am On May 09, 2013
kambo:

actually, d argumnt doesnt go both ways as u say.
U act on ur beliefs not ur unbeliefs.
If u believe a chair can carry ur weight u sit on it. Overtime u dnt even thnk twice b4 actg. But if u believe somtin isnt real, u dnt exert much effrt. E.g if u dnt blve in say a real genie and a magic lamp, tht can do ur biddin,like for aladdin, you'll laff of pple who do as fools. I wud. U'll scoff at tht genie , make mockery of him, hav tonnes of laffs, then get back 2 ur normal life. Soon, d poking will get dreary 4 u- cuz u've got mor important thngs to do. But wen u over-xtend urself, say write books , create videos, I mean spend serious time and effrt , tryg to prove d genie in d bottle doesnt exist! Then somtin seriously is going wrong...

People dnt giv too much tot to inconsequential thngs,talkless of imaginary nonsense such as a real life genie.

If i argue and call u a fool 4 belivg in dat genie, cuss ur stupid genie to ur face.. Dare him to grant me a wish.. I'm off. But if i hav to research, say the asian texts about d genie or even analyse d genies xrcter, to discredit him, then I'm over xtendg myself. And in some ways provg tht this imaginary genie is a BIGGER DEAL thn i'd like 2 admit.
If i buy prime television time, go to a publisher, spend even a year studyg abt the genies text to falsify him i shd b questioned!!

If strng emotion is vented by disbelievers in d genie, often, somtin is amiss. If a disbeliever in d genie gets in a shoutg match with one monk, holdg his genie lamp, i'd wonder y d ventg? If d mocker went as far as smashg a monks lamp, who is just mindg his busness- somtin is wrong. On d contrary, knowg dat genies dnt exists, i'd buy more lamps as a gift for my imaginary-genie-wrshper out of mockery.
If i kill a genie wrshpper-thn,
or hate one and celebrate his death/dwnfall/torture
wth all honesty- my claim of disbelief is false. Wat wud a foolish monk rubbin his genie lamp mindg his busness do to warrant violent attacks!! .
Ths shows there really is more to it. The genie must b real.

its really funny you compare the believe in God with something as insignificant as the believe in genie. believe me if beliving in genie was shoved in our throat the way beliving in God is being done in our society today, then people will react the same way.

there is no action with out a reaction. people talk about God in different language, religion, yet they cant explain it. the atheist reaction is only based on the action of most believers in God. remember atheist feel they have come to a realization that what almost every individual around them preached as truth is actually false. to me, they are just reaction normally... u should have expected it instead of asking such a silly question (yet u chose to not respond to the points i made about the need to tell people God is real when he is actually real)

besides, pls stop thinking every reaction from people who dont believe in ur belief is persecution. some of them also think u are persecuting them when u react to their unbelief

(1) (Reply)

Is He Your Forefather's Mate? / Is It Right To Judge? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Monday 17th June, 2013 Think About The End! By Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.