Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? (5217 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nowadays, I am even confused myself.

The ridiculous things I have heard so far

-The four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) are not part of the new testament
-Christ supported tithing
-Satan is not a spirit
-The soul is a spirit
-The soul is an aura of human being
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by UyiIredia(m): 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
I think you've just scratched the surface. The Bible has been interpreted in many grotesque ways.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by tobechi74: 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
U get it wrong . Twistin d bible isnt job of atheist but job of protestants

4 Likes

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
tobechi74: U get it wrong . Twistin d bible isnt job of atheist but job of protestants

You mean prosperity and tithe preachers? grin grin grin
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
Is your perception of a verse a twisting of scripture? Or what do you mean? And could your perception be working for you a prove of it not been twisted? How does one verify that ones perception is judged against which yardstick?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hey logicboy, what do you think of an official parody religion for nairaland atheists?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
hisblud: Is your perception of a verse a twisting of scripture? Or what do you mean? And could your perception be working for you a prove of it not been twisted?

Stop this Anonyism! angry

Asking ridiculous questions........how about this;

if you dream within a dream within a dream, are you sleeping in the first two dreams?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Nowadays, I am even confused myself.

Yes! You have to be more CONFUSED. Confused because you only have logic to interpret scriptures. When the same logic is engaged with you to "reason" the scripture, you end up being confused. The proper way of interpreting scripture is using scriptures-to-explain-scriptures.

Logicboy03:

The ridiculous things I have heard so far

You called it ridiculous because you never learned anything in the first place when you were busy serving the table. Well, I don't know of other things but certainly, you need to go sit down and learn the truth for yourself and not just reading the bible to find fault or come back to ridicule the word; when you do that, we will always be here to challenge your knowledge.

Logicboy03:

-The four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) are not part of the new testament

This teachings, you ran away from the thread. We helped you out. We have trashed it out. Go back and learn. Click HERE

Logicboy03:

-Christ supported tithing
-Satan is not a spirit
-The soul is a spirit
-The soul is an aura of human being

I'm not starting this year with tithing but Christ NEVER taught tithing. It was an Old testament practice that was still in effect when Christ was physically on earth. It was still a "matter of the law" according to Matthew 23:23. Hence, Matthew to John was still old testament but were written AFTER the death of Christ. I believe that was the reason scholars placed it as a new testament. The context/content of Matthew to John is old testament aside Christ's teaching that He came and beginning to change. You need to go back to that thread above that I gave the link and learn.

I don't know about other three aspect but I believe what you need to do (if you really want to know the truth) is to first give your life to Christ and believe the Gospel. The Spirit of God then in-dwells you and teach you all truth of the word. You have a responsibility and that responsibility is to yourself to be diligent in studying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Stop this Anonyism! angry

Asking ridiculous questions........how about this;

if you dream within a dream within a dream, are you sleeping in the first two dreams?
oh i tot questions were part of atheism or are we beating you to it, playing it on you and its making you spin on a needle. Dont worry we must keep asking? Dont you like it?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
If you know the truth, the truth shall makd you free.. Jn8;32, Now you may ask, what is the truth? Jesus Christ answered by Himself, He said- I am the way the TRUTH and the life......jn 14:6. The bible also says in Colossians 2:2-3, that in Christ is hid ALL THE TREASURES OF WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE.. I can go on and on, the bottom line is - without CHRIST, you will continue to live in perpetual confusion. I pray God help you to accept Him today.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 9:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God, how unsearchable are his judgements and his ways past finding out-Rome 11:33, but he has reveal it to us through HIS SPIRIT -2corinth 2:9. You can never understand the bible with 'sense knowledge' but with 'revelation knowledge,'
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 02, 2013
inurmind: Hey logicboy, what do you think of an official parody religion for nairaland atheists?

That's cool! I'm in
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes! You have to be more CONFUSED. Confused because you only have logic to interpret scriptures. When the same logic is engaged with you to "reason" the scripture, you end up being confused. The proper way of interpreting scripture is using scriptures-to-explain-scriptures.

You called it ridiculous because you never learned anything in the first place when you were busy serving the table. Well, I don't know of other things but certainly, you need to go sit down and learn the truth for yourself and not just reading the bible to find fault or come back to ridicule the word; when you do that, we will always be here to challenge your knowledge.

This teachings, you ran away from the thread. We helped you out. We have trashed it out. Go back and learn. Click HERE

I'm not starting this year with tithing but Christ NEVER taught tithing. It was an Old testament practice that was still in effect when Christ was physically on earth. It was still a "matter of the law" according to Matthew 23:23. Hence, Matthew to John was still old testament but were written AFTER the death of Christ. I believe that was the reason scholars placed it as a new testament. The context/content of Matthew to John is old testament aside Christ's teaching that He came and beginning to change. You need to go back to that thread above that I gave the link and learn.

I don't know about other three aspect but I believe what you need to do (if you really want to know the truth) is to first give your life to Christ and believe the Gospel. The Spirit of God then in-dwells you and teach you all truth of the word. You have a responsibility and that responsibility is to yourself to be diligent in studying the truth.

Goshen, I hardly argue with you and truthislight because all you guys know is to give some twisted protestant prosperity interpretations of the bible
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 02, 2013
hisblud: oh i tot questions were part of atheism or are we beating you to it, playing it on you and its making you spin on a needle. Dont worry we must keep asking? Dont you like it?

Lolz......
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 4:48am On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Goshen, I hardly argue with you and truthislight because all you guys know is to give some twisted protestant prosperity interpretations of the bible

What!... shocked shocked shocked

You can't argue me or truthislight because you lack sound biblical stamina to argue us. What we speak is beyond your "logic" hence we defeat you in biblical reasoning. We only use scriptures to explain scriptures. That's the way to sound teaching bro. Like I said, I will keep my eyes on you henceforth and tackle you whenever you spew biblical rubbish... grin
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 6:35am On Jan 02, 2013
Interpreting scriptures with scriptures?

LMAO

sounds like using harry potter books to interprete harry potter in order to confirm some harry potter facts

The bible is nothing but a bunch of verses that encompass almost any sort of view or prejudice you care for. And you can just harvest it for whatever supports what you alreadywant to believe, and ignore or rationalize away the rest.

Thats the fact about the bible and whatever interpretion people are giving it.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 9:56am On Jan 02, 2013
cyrexx: Interpreting scriptures with scriptures?

LMAO

sounds like using harry potter books to interprete harry potter in order to confirm some harry potter facts

The bible is nothing but a bunch of verses that encompass almost any sort of view or prejudice you care for. And you can just harvest it for whatever supports what you alreadywant to believe, and ignore or rationalize away the rest.

It is interesting how bias can blind a man to reason.....

How do you interpret a physics theory if not by comparing it to other physics theories?
How do you interpret an article of law if not by comparing it to other articles in the same legal code?
How do you interpret an excerpt of a novel or any book for that matter if not by comparing it with other parts of the book?

How do you interpret anything at all if not by comparing it with things that have the same theme?

The bible is a compilation of 66 books including histories, laws, poetry, letters, and prophecies written by multiple authors over a period of more than 2000 years and yet it maintains one central theme who is Jesus Christ.

If you focus on the person of Christ, you can never go wrong.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2013

LMAO

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2013
Am very sure you did not umderstand Goshen. What he meant is that . the bible has integrity, it can speak for itself, we dont need to argue for the bible, it has stood firm all through the ages that other books must copy from it to have semblance of relevance. @Goshen, rid on brother, i gat ya back.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by mazaje(m): 10:13am On Jan 02, 2013
The gospels not part of the new testament or new covenant?. . .That's a new one, never heard that before, any way the bible is a book that you can make what ever you want to make out of it. . .

LMAO

This is called self projecting yourself as god(SPAG). . .It is the phenomenon through which believers, when trying to ascribe a personality and wishes to their chosen god, tend to arrive at something that is oddly similar to what they themselves think and feel. The bible contains a lot of paradoxical statements, conflicting accounts that cannot be unraveled and many contradictions. It also has commands that some christian do not wish to obey and descriptions of god that the some christian do not want to worship so the christian will now have to formulate a way to accpet the bible without rejecting it completely because of the very strong indoctrination that was imposed on him/her. . . .What each Christian is telling you in her or his own way, is that he or she is god because christians can’t reject the bible entirely.

Here is how it goes. . . .

OLADEGBUU believes god is a judging and harsh god. He searches the scriptures and finds evidence of this god and so evaluates those scriptures that back up his belief as more important doctrinally than those scriptures that do not espouse this view point.

Jesoul believes god is a caring and loving "mothering" type of god. She finds scriptures that support her supposition and considers those scriptures more important than all others in a doctrinal sense. Her view of god is supported by scripture but also by her own view of "who god should be" and "what behavior god should exhibit".

Both OLADEGBUU and Jesoul believe that their view is correct. They believe that god is the way he is because it is the type of god they have "sought out" of the scripture. In actuality they have SPAGed or self-projected as god. They have put their own desires and values onto their deity. They then have found "evidence" of this type of god in whatever holy book they think is accurate.

This is proved by looking at what type of church people choose to attend. No one goes to a church with which they disagree. Everyone goes to the type of church that they most agree with. A church where the pastor and most members SPAG in a similar way to themselves.

This is the only "true" god. The SPAGed one. It (god) exists within the imagination of the god-believer. Thus the many christians who claim others (who don't have a similar doctrine to theirs) are not true christians while other christians (who do believe similarly to them) are in fact, true christians.

Thats the fact about the bible and whatever interpretion people are giving it.[/quote]
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 10:51am On Jan 02, 2013
mazaje: The gospels not part of the new testament or new covenant?. . .That's a new one, never heard that before, any way the bible is a book that you can make what ever you want to make out of it. . .

This is called self projecting yourself as god(SPAG). . .It is the phenomenon through which believers, when trying to ascribe a personality and wishes to their chosen god, tend to arrive at something that is oddly similar to what they themselves think and feel. The bible contains a lot of paradoxical statements, conflicting accounts that cannot be unraveled and many contradictions. It also has commands that some christian do not wish to obey and descriptions of god that the some christian do not want to worship so the christian will now have to formulate a way to accpet the bible without rejecting it completely because of the very strong indoctrination that was imposed on him/her. . . .What each Christian is telling you in her or his own way, is that he or she is god because christians can’t reject the bible entirely.

Here is how it goes. . . .

OLADEGBUU believes god is a judging and harsh god. He searches the scriptures and finds evidence of this god and so evaluates those scriptures that back up his belief as more important doctrinally than those scriptures that do not espouse this view point.

Jesoul believes god is a caring and loving "mothering" type of god. She finds scriptures that support her supposition and considers those scriptures more important than all others in a doctrinal sense. Her view of god is supported by scripture but also by her own view of "who god should be" and "what behavior god should exhibit".

Both OLADEGBUU and Jesoul believe that their view is correct. They believe that god is the way he is because it is the type of god they have "sought out" of the scripture. In actuality they have SPAGed or self-projected as god. They have put their own desires and values onto their deity. They then have found "evidence" of this type of god in whatever holy book they think is accurate.

This is proved by looking at what type of church people choose to attend. No one goes to a church with which they disagree. Everyone goes to the type of church that they most agree with. A church where the pastor and most members SPAG in a similar way to themselves.

This is the only "true" god. The SPAGed one. It (god) exists within the imagination of the god-believer. Thus the many christians who claim others (who don't have a similar doctrine to theirs) are not true christians while other christians (who do believe similarly to them) are in fact, true christians.

Lol, I am sure that if we pick any two of your friends at random, they will have two different opinions of who you are and two varied descriptions of the exact nature of your personality. Wouldn't it therefore also be fair to say that the only true mazaje is a SPAGed one?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2013
@mazaje]. . .this wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, DEVILISH.........but the wisdom that is from above, is first PURE,.......(James 3:15-17) my friend, what you dont know, you dont know. Now no matter the diff in understanding and interpretation of the bible by variouse christian groups, the bible says that Christ gave to the church, apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers. For perfecting of the saints. Till we all come in THE UNITY OF THE FAITH, unto a perfect man........ephesians4:10-16. O how i wish you can understand only this, your life will change permanently for good. May God help you.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360:

What!... shocked shocked shocked

You can't argue me or truthislight because you lack sound biblical stamina to argue us. What we speak is beyond your "logic" hence we defeat you in biblical reasoning. We only use scriptures to explain scriptures. That's the way to sound teaching bro. Like I said, I will keep my eyes on you henceforth and tackle you whenever you spew biblical rubbish... grin

Biblical reasoning? A great oxymoron. cheesy

I see that you are one of those people that cant see past your twisted version of the bible.

I have chosen not to argue unnecessary. People like you are clueless to reasoning and logic. You only know one interpretation of a bible that has si many flaws and you think you are wise

A simple question, if Jesus's teaching are different from the old testament, how are his teachings in the gospels then part of the old testament?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I am sure that if we pick any two of your friends at random, they will have two different opinions of who you are and two varied descriptions of the exact nature of your personality. Wouldn't it therefore also be fair to say that the only true mazaje is a SPAGed one?

Gandhi died many years ago. However, the basic story of Gandhi remains the same, no matter who tells it.

Christians can't decide if Jesus was God, son of God or just a prophet.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by mazaje(m): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:

You have just confirmed what I have written about christians and their god. . .In my case I can always come and speak for my self to make it clear in the case where people do not seem to understand me or my position. . .In the case of your god it is always people self projecting themselves as him. He can never show himself and defend his positions because he is the people that are self projecting themselves as him. . .
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2013
@mazaje, logicboy et al. the gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John are not part of the new testament. But you guys are not Christians why worry? Oh i see, the BIBLE is so sweet, so irresistable, even the devil can not do without. Guys stop peeping through the key hole in the window, plz come in the door is wide open no gate fee. JESUS CHRIST -THE WAY THE TRUTH THE LIFE
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by mazaje(m): 11:39am On Jan 02, 2013
christemmbassey: @mazaje, logicboy et al. the gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John are not part of the new testament. But you guys are not Christians why worry? Oh i see, the BIBLE is so sweet, so irresistable, even the devil can not do without. Guys stop peeping through the key hole in the window, plz come in the door is wide open no gate fee. JESUS CHRIST -THE WAY THE TRUTH THE LIFE

You are funny. . .The gospels are not part of the new testament, eh?. . .Hmmmmmm. . . .Another new one. . .Christianity is evolving everyday. . .

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 02, 2013
christemmbassey: @mazaje, logicboy et al. the gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John are not part of the new testament. But you guys are not Christians why worry? Oh i see, the BIBLE is so sweet, so irresistable, even the devil can not do without. Guys stop peeping through the key hole in the window, plz come in the door is wide open no gate fee. JESUS CHRIST -THE WAY THE TRUTH THE LIFE

One thing people fail to realise is that their bible is incomplete. Worse off, if you arent a catholic, your bible is then double incomplete.

Your interpretation of old and new testaments is flawed.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2013
tobechi74: U get it wrong . Twistin d bible isnt job of atheist but job of protestants

lol
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 11:53am On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

I see that you are one of those people that cant see past your twisted version of the bible.

I have chosen not to argue unnecessary. People like you are clueless to reasoning and logic. You only know one interpretation of a bible that has si many flaws and you think you are wise

A simple question, if Jesus's teaching are different from the old testament, how are his teachings in the gospels then part of the old testament?
logicboy! Logicboy!! Logicboy!!! Why do you resort to buhari argument, i mean this deaf and dump kind of arguments where you resort to attacking ppl instead of puting forward superior arguments. Mathew, Mark, Luke and John are not part of the new covenant simply because what is recorded there happened b4 the death of Jesus. Now do you read or benefit from a WILL b4 the death of the will writer(testator)? No sir the testator must die first. Awo, Ojukwu etc died b4 thier wills could be read. Now if you cant understand this very simple thing is it the more spiritual fact whether Christ is God, Son or Prophet you will understand? Plz grow up first and be civil in ur posts
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
christemmbassey: logicboy! Logicboy!! Logicboy!!! Why do you resort to buhari argument, i mean this deaf and dump kind of arguments where you resort to attacking ppl instead of puting forward superior arguments. Mathew, Mark, Luke and John are not part of the new covenant simply because what is recorded there happened b4 the death of Jesus. Now do you read or benefit from a WILL b4 the death of the will writer(testator)? No sir the testator must die first. Awo, Ojukwu etc died b4 thier wills could be read. Now if you cant understand this very simple thing is it the more spiritual fact whether Christ is God, Son or Prophet you will understand? Plz grow up first and be civil in ur posts

@ bold;

Logicboy03:

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
mazaje:

You are funny. . .The gospels are not part of the new testament, eh?. . .Hmmmmmm. . . .Another new one. . .Christianity is evolving everyday. . .
Final nail, HEBREWS 9:15-17. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new tetament, 'that by means of death, for the redemption of the trangressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might recieve the promise of eternal inheritance. 16. FOR WHERE A TESTAMENT IS, THERE MUST ALSO OF NECESSITY BE THE DEATH OF THE TESTATOR. 17. For a testament is of force AfTER men are DEAD: OTHERWISE IT IS OF NO STRENGHT at all while the TESTATOR LIVETH. The books of Mathew, Mark, luke and John are not part of the new testament, because everything therein happened b4 the death of Christ. QED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Deal With Temptation / An Urgent Message From The Lord Jesus: “i Am Coming!” (part Ix) / Pastor Enoch Adeboye On Cnn African Voices: Read The Q&a/transcript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.