Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown (9929 Views)

See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Nigerian Anthem Before American Anthem, Guests Tell Obaigbena, Thisday / Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown by naptu2: 6:12am On May 08, 2013
Although I deeply hate military rule, one thing I liked about them is that they didn't joke with protocol.

At a national event not too long ago, they brought out the national colours before the president arrived. They even dipped the colours for the general salute! I witnessed this abomination with my own eyes.

The national colours should only be dipped for the national salute (President, Governors or their representatives).
Re: Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown by naptu2: 6:27am On May 08, 2013
I'm trying to decide whether I should post a lecture on "Importance Of Protocol And Dress Code In Administration And Management Of Public Service" by the former Chief of Protocol in the Bendel State Civil Service (he was lecturing senior civil servants in the Edo State Civil Service). It addresses issues of appropriate dress, order of precedence, anthems to be played, etc. It's quite long and I fear the anti-spam bot.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown by Ishilove: 6:42am On May 08, 2013
naptu2: I'm trying to decide whether I should post a lecture on "Importance Of Protocol And Dress Code In Administration And Management Of Public Service" by the former Chief of Protocol in the Bendel State Civil Service (he was lecturing senior civil servants in the Edo State Civil Service). It addresses issues of appropriate dress, order of precedence, anthems to be played, etc. It's quite long and I fear the anti-spam bot.
The fear of pyguru is the beginning of wisdom grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown by Mystery11(m): 9:34am On May 11, 2013
Ibro Yaya: Am just watching the reception of GEJ in capetown live on AIT. I notice that Nigerian anthem was sang first before the South african Anthem.
Am then wondering why the buhaha when American anthem was sang[i][/i] first during Clintons Visit to Ogun State.
I think is just protocol that you honour your guest first. Nigerians should learn or what do you think?

It is ,was sung not sang
Re: Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 11, 2013
Mystery 1:

It is ,was sung not sang
nl dictionary how cool undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Denies Applauding Wike's Achievements In Rivers. / Boko Haram Attack: Buhari Heads To Chad / NNPC Operational Expenses Of Idle Refineries Hit ₦6 Billion In October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.