Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria (9783 Views)

'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors / FG Not Serious About Fighting Ebola –doctors, Nurses / Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 08, 2013
ee don tey. No be today!
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by Uniqueme(f): 4:06pm On May 08, 2013
All d delivery I tuk while in Niger state was done wit torchlite held in place by my sleeing hairnet.social Amenities ve a strong role 2 play in d reduction of maternal Mortality.PROUD TO BE A MIDWIFE
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by afeda: 4:09pm On May 08, 2013
I WROTE MY FINAL YEAR EXAMINATION WITH CANDLE LIGHT IN THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN IN SEPTEMBER 2001.
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by otobrisesarah(f): 4:32pm On May 08, 2013
[quote author=allotrops][/quote]My dear, God is not a man! He will finish His white throne judgement even faster than the blink of the eye.
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by Symphony007: 4:51pm On May 08, 2013
On this issue, every state government should go and learn from the man jonathan is hunting, chibuike ameachi. This is not possible in rivers state where there are multiple health care centers in each community,where special attention is given to pregnant women and new borns.

Primary healthcare for all should never be a privelage, it's a right,your right!!- gov.ameachi
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by gerald09(m): 5:33pm On May 08, 2013
Wow even the unborn children suffer their parents failure, n Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ wonder why Nigeria is on the verge of fallin apart the blood n tears of the innocent children is drowning d country. But @ the other side of the fence, providing health care services to some rural areas especially in the North is a suicide mission.
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by thorpido(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2013
Joavid: God bless our mothers. they r trying
God bless the health practitioners who have to make do with what is available.
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by jjoro79(m): 7:04pm On May 08, 2013
Is never a suprise if naija use torch light for delivery
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by Peterpan1(m): 9:17pm On May 08, 2013
Mmh, where do i start from, is it our idealess leaders who lack basic wisdom on leadership, is it the ministers who embezzle funds meant for the promotion and upgrading of their respective ministries, is it the civil servant who for the fact that his oga at the top has taken his cut, takes his too, is it the commisioners that are not only visionless but also hypocrites (donates a dispencer or an oxygen concentrator to a rural hospital and then broadcasts it on national tv), is it we the masses that after going throuh ante-hell will still sell our votes, WHO DO I BLAME? The transformation of Nigeria begins with one step; and that is us, if each and every one of us would make a resolution that we would do our best to the service of this Nation, believe me this nation will be transformed for the better, always remember "It begins with you".

1 Like

Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by idriis: 11:17pm On May 08, 2013
ebamma: .Their own better sef,me na candle light them use born me
you be bolo for where I dey na....me na firewood light we use on my birth day oh
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by billyG(m): 12:54pm On May 09, 2013
Na lie make we see d video.
Re: Nurses Use Mobile Phone Torchlights To Deliver Babies In Nigeria by kinguwem: 7:13pm On May 09, 2013
As a NYSC doctor in 2000 in Cottage Hospital, Baissa, Kurmi L.G.A. I performed several operations including emergency caesareans, herniorrhaphies, appendectomies etc. in the night using candles & touch lights. Then there were no mobile phones. A lot of deliveries were conducted in the night. The Local Government Chairman & the Director of PHC were not bothered about the situation. They were only interested in the revenue generated by the hospital. The best the Chairman did was to rent his personal generator to the hospital at a fee of N500 per day while the Council supplied fuel whenever it was available.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hospitals’ Shutdown: Strike Threat Ridiculous - Ngige / Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, / Key Facts About Yellow Fever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.