Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, (9791 Views)

Kogi Staff Screening : Staff Of College Of Health Science And Technology Protest / Virology/Lassa Fever Centre Abakaliki Commissioned By Minister Of Health / Agony Of Health Interns By Dr Kene (mbbs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by quincybee12(f): 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
I was happy when I read an article 'plight of intern pharmacists' on swank channel,,,and the person presented 2 case studies @dala orthopaedic hospital,kano and national assembly clinic, Abuja. At least someone was able to voice out the pains of health interns across the country. It is important to note that this sad plight concerns all fresh graduates of health professions eg pharmacists, doctors, lab scientists, radiographers etc .

I'm currently on an internship programme @nafdac,lagos and I'm being owed 5months salary out of my 7month stay, it is very depressing and frustrating as we pay for accomodation, food, transport and other welfare by ourselves. Where do we get the funds to handle this expenses? Our administrators keep giving us excuses such as TSA policy and other gibberish lies whenever we bring up a complaint. Some people even travel to abuja before they get paid, the staffs are being paid when due,,therefore it's questionable why interns who do the bulk work in these institutions ignored. It all boils down to corruption within or outside the institution, ill stop so far,,but I'm calling on health bodies of respective professions,ministry of health and Nigerian government to tackle this menace as soon as possible,,,my 2 cents.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by quincybee12(f): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
Cc'lalasticlala,mods,,,front page pls
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by sktop: 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
k
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by Dottore: 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
This is really bad. If succeed in getting a placement problem. If you don't succeed problem. What then should interns do.
@OP, I tell you what the sure quickest way to get this solved especially on a personal.basis is to get the man that is in charge, give him a memorable screwing then watch out how he will quickly approve and ensure that all your entitlements with arrears are paid.
Thank me later
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by yomalex(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmm Corruption in High places you guys should form a pressure group. Contact each other and proffer steps to take.

You may need to send messages to each other so check my signature.
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by Drsheddy(m): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
END TIME Plight -health-interns-nigeria# grin grin
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by skillet(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
EVerything and everybody in Nigeria has a 'plight'.

3 Likes

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by adefrosh: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
WHO'S TO BE BLAMED...EKPELE TI YIN
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by Queennikky(f): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
One chance dulllardinho administration

3 Likes

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by YoungB1a(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
K
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by MathsChic(f): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmm.... I'm sure this is not exclusive to health interns.
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by lovelyjay: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
I hope they re seeing this
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by demarc001: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
In my country Nigeria nothing is working
No power
No gen
No job
No security
Soldiers missing
Naija which way?

3 Likes

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by yyeanqah(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Comot make I see front.....Comot make I see front.....Comot make I see front.....
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by naijapips02: 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
the whole institutions in Nigeria are gradually rotting away yet Bubu is still fighting his dreamt up enemies.
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Same in luth
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by SHOPPERS(m): 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
I wonder what is really happening in this country. Where are those billions Buhari and APC claimed were being stollen?

Or were they lying as usual
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by FREEEMANAN(m): 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nigeria is still far off....

Watch Grey's anatomy and get my point...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by PigMeat: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
RESIGN NOW BUHARI!!!!!!
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by RedEagle: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Being owed 5 months out of 7. So sad
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by Notion(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
OK again
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by FREEEMANAN(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
naijapips02:
the whole institutions in Nigeria are gradually rotting away yet Bubu is still fighting his dreamt up enemies.

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by omojeesu(m): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
quincybee12:
I was happy when I read an article 'plight of intern pharmacists' on swank channel,,,and the person presented 2 case studies @dala orthopaedic hospital,kano and national assembly clinic, Abuja. At least someone was able to voice out the pains of health interns across the country. It is important to note that this sad plight concerns all fresh graduates of health professions eg pharmacists, doctors, lab scientists, radiographers etc .

I'm currently on an internship programme @nafdac,lagos and I'm being owed 5months salary out of my 7month stay, it is very depressing and frustrating as we pay for accomodation, food, transport and other welfare by ourselves. Where do we get the funds to handle this expenses? Our administrators keep giving us excuses such as TSA policy and other gibberish lies whenever we bring up a complaint. Some people even travel to abuja before they get paid, the staffs are being paid when due,,therefore it's questionable why interns who do the bulk work in these institutions ignored. It all boils down to corruption within or outside the institution, ill stop so far,,but I'm calling on health bodies of respective professions,ministry of health and Nigerian government to tackle this menace as soon as possible,,,my 2 cents.

Greed leads to corrupt practices. Corrupt practices lead to callousness!

Good luck to Buhari in his efforts to sanitise the system. These unrepentant civil servant criminals are just too many!

1 Like

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by Jacko1(m): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
Why in stating professions you pharmacist b4 doctor..u fo put nurses and physio too as well

1 Like

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by naijapips02: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=FREEEMANAN post=40195226][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by SenorMcSlyl(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
The man above me .... undecided undecided
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by FREEEMANAN(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=naijapips02 post=40195360][/quote]

Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by HastaCuando(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
............ in another news Federal Government Scholars in China are going hungry as a result of unpaid scholarship allowances. Since January 2015, and still counting....
Nigerian Government, what is happening?. Do we wait till these scholars start protesting, so they would be tagged unpatriotic or better still an embarrassment to the nation? Nobody cares of what they are currently undergoing in trying to make ends meet. cry cry cry. This is very unfair!!!
Re: Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, by SenorMcSlyl(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
.... lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox / Key Facts About Yellow Fever / Simple & Natural Ways To Become Virgin Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.