Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties (6600 Views)

That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences / Nigeria: South West, Edo Move To Rebuild Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Nigeria, South Africa Agree On Visa-free Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 08, 2013
Inik:
I still stand on what i said earlier. In terms of population, arts and culture, sports, religion, entertainment etc Nigeria is ahead of south africa

Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Inik(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2013
andrewza:

Population? Yes but it not a advantiage. Far from it.

The availability of labour is high. This could turn to cheap labour due to the competition for jobs therefore leading to faster development due to decreased costs and higher production meaning a higher income.
Higher chance of skilled workers.
Business will have a very large market because of the high and wide variety of demand for goods.
The population will be paying tax. More people means more money for the government which then means that they can build hospitals and school etc.
In war situations the country with the larger population will have the upper hand.

Arts and culture? Never heard any thing about this from a nigerian side. Other than a few books I read in school.

Read up the contribution of Nigerian literature to Africa. Peter Abrahams your best known novelist was inspired by Nigerian writers

Sports? No maybe soccer but that is it. In every other aspect SA sport secien is bigger, better funded and better perfoming.

True but we are better at soccer. Cricket and rugby are not popular sports in africa

Relgion? Your 2 mian groups are trying to kill each other. How is that a good thing.

We have exported our brand of Christianity to South Africa, our mega churches are dominating the south african scene

Nolloy wood may make movies like you breed children. But that dose not mean much. SA make movies and tv serries for the internastiol market.

Nollywood is the third biggest movie industry in the world, nigerian movies sell like hot cake all around the world

Other than popuasltion nigeria has nothing on SA. And in a since that is all we want. South africas local market can not support the output of our industries. We need a large resnably wealthy market. AKA nigeria.

Your biggest exports to nigeria are Mtn and dstv. These companies make more money in nigeria than in the rest of the continent cos of our large population
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 08, 2013
andrewza:

Let see.
Nastionlized BP. That affected UK not SA

Boycot a sports event. Not really all that threaning

Provided some traing and supplys. Not much use since most ANC grunts where poorly equipmet and trained.

Once again in the big picture Nigeria did very littel.
i don't expect you to value the above
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 08, 2013
andrewza:

Population? Yes but it not a advantiage. Far from it.

Arts and culture? Never heard any thing about this from a nigerian side. Other than a few books I read in school.

Sports? No maybe soccer but that is it. In every other aspect SA sport secien is bigger, better funded and better perfoming.

Relgion? Your 2 mian groups are trying to kill each other. How is that a good thing.

Nolloy wood may make movies like you breed children. But that dose not mean much. SA make movies and tv serries for the internastiol market.

Other than popuasltion nigeria has nothing on SA. And in a since that is all we want. South africas local market can not support the output of our industries. We need a large resnably wealthy market. AKA nigeria.
you're a racist white FVCk... Nobody sells their culture to those who invade a country and take her indigenes as slaves... SA is a joke... Until crime and corruption eats you up like termites.. Fingers crossed
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by andrewza: 9:56pm On May 08, 2013
Unless you can pull of the first one of getting thos masses of unemployed gain fully employed you will not see a postive advange of a large popuasltion. As it stands it is a disandvange with high poverty.

As I siad. Other than a few books I don't know much about arts and culture.

Soccer is one sport. You menstion sport not soccer. There fore I had to point out that over all SA sport secien is bigger.

You mean that church that people are accusse of lieing? Over all it is a minorty in SA.

Nolloywood produce a lot. But most is not of any realy qualty. SA produces world class movies and TV shows. Many holloy wood movies are filimed in SA. And the few movies we do make become large successes.

That is a not true. MTN and muiti choice are the 2 largest brands in nigeria. But we trad a lot of other items. Example are such things has Car's, machinry and spar parts from intersnastion companys produced and or assbelled in SA. And has I said. SA wants more access. Shop right is looking to expand heavly in to nigeria.
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by andrewza: 10:17pm On May 08, 2013
sheyie2007: you're a racist white FVCk... Nobody sells their culture to those who invade a country and take her indigenes as slaves... SA is a joke... Until crime and corruption eats you up like termites.. Fingers crossed

Can you proof that I am racsit. Because if not keep still.

SA crime rates have been on a steady decrease. Where in nigeria crime statistics are not reported and entire villeges get raided by villges.

And nigeria is rated one of the worlds most corrupt countries.
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 08, 2013
andrewza:

Can you proof that I am racsit. Because if not keep still.

SA crime rates have been on a steady decrease. Where in nigeria crime statistics are not reported and entire villeges get raided by villges.

And nigeria is rated one of the worlds most corrupt countries.
look who's talking.. Show me NIGERIA's corruption rating in the world and I'll show you SA.s latest crime stats

You still maintain your number 7 position in the world

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-highest-reported-crime-rates.html

If we're regarded as one of the most corrupt, we should be on this list
http://www.wonderslist.com/2013/02/10/10-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 08, 2013
[quote author=Inik][/quote]

Looking at this link Nigeria's high population should worry any Nigerian. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE9380DH20130409?irpc=932
Nigeria's population is more quantify than quality.

Other than football (though the PSL is rated as the top league in Africa) Nigeria is not at SA level when it comes to sport, judging by last summer's olympic games South Africa is way ahead of Nigeria.

Arts and culture, South Africa has produced world class artist in Music ( jazz, opera, pop, raggea, classical, traditional, house etc. South Africa has produced world class theater productions that have won international awards. Nollywood may produce alot of movies, but it's more quantity than quality, South African movies, soapies, dramas have been nominated and won many international awards. We produce world class television series, many Hollywood movies are produced in South Africa.

South Africa has more than 100 companies operating in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 08, 2013
zetdee:

Looking at this link Nigeria's high population should worry any Nigerian. http://www.reuters.com/
article/
idUSBRE9380DH20130409?
irpc=932

Other than football (though the PSL is rated as the top league in Africa) Nigeria is not at SA level when it comes to sport, judging by last summer's olympic games South Africa is way ahead of Nigeria.

Arts and culture, South Africa has produced world class artist in Music ( jazz, opera, pop, raggea, classical, traditional, house etc I don't know any famous Nigerian musicians (not saying there aren't any. South Africa has produced world class theater productions that have won international awards. Nollywood may produce alot of movies, but it's more quantity than quality, South African movies, soapies, dramas have been nominated and won many international awards. We produce world class television series, many Hollywood movies are produced in South Africa.

Why are you crying?
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 08, 2013
sheyie2007:
Why are you crying?

Lol, I'm having a discussion, why don't you please educate me about Nigeria,
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 08, 2013
zetdee:

Lol, I'm having a discussion, why don't you please educate me about Nigeria,
you'd find all.the answers you seek on this platform. Just look around. Your compatriots have posted the same thing countless times and they got their response... smiley
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 08, 2013
sheyie2007: you'd find all.the answers you need on this platform. Just look around. Your compatriots have posted the same thing countless times and they got their response... smiley

I've followed alot of Nigeria vs South Africa discussions and Nigeria always comes second.
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by RickyRoss1(m): 11:39pm On May 08, 2013
zetdee:

I've followed alot of Nigeria vs South Africa discussions and Nigeria always comes second.

I don't know what you keep doing here. This is a Nigerian forum for Gods sake, the same Nigeria you hate so much, please leave this place for us.

Besides, when listing any of SA achievements remove the white supremacists, the whites are Europeans and they made SA a success. Till date, you are regarded as a second class citizen in your own country. The land originally belong to the blacks, but you guys are stupidd enough to allow whites take over everything. That is why Mugabe is my hero till tomorrow. In your own country, the whites dictates what happens, the entire land belongs to the white man, the technology etc. Can you just mention 10 outstanding black contribution to South Africa apart from HIV/AIDS, Homosexuality, drug running, Xenophobia etc? I dont even know why people respond to ignorant people like you. Take your senselessness to South African forum. Thank you very much
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 08, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

I don't know what you keep doing here. This is a Nigerian forum for Gods sake, the same Nigeria you hate so much, please leave this place for us.

Besides, when listing any of SA achievements remove the white supremacists, the whites are Europeans and they made SA a success. Till date, you are regarded as a second class citizen in your own country. The land originally belong to the blacks, but you guys are stupidd enough to allow whites take over everything. That is why Mugabe is my hero till tomorrow. In your own country, the whites dictates what happens, the entire land belongs to the white man, the technology etc. Can you just mention 10 outstanding black contribution to South Africa apart from HIV/AIDS, Homosexuality, drug running, Xenophobia etc? I dont even know why people respond to ignorant people like you. Take your senselessness to South African forum. Thank you very much

lol nothing new here, typical Nigerian hot air.
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by andrewza: 12:09am On May 09, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

If all the nigerians in SA leave you have the right to say that.

What is the problem that nigerian have with whites.

HIV/AIDS levels are in a steady decrease where in nigeria it is steadly increasing.

Nigeria has there own gays, only in SA we don't stone them.

Drug runing is more a nigerian thing in SA

Let see how you enjoy it when 15% of your populastion is out siders
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by hardniola(m): 2:53am On May 09, 2013
this tie is only going to benefit white SA.....d black sa dont have much brain............so even if d tie became stronger they we sttill practice d xenophobic act coz dey can lose they dont av any investment in africa except afrikaans(whitey).
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Nobody: 3:45am On May 09, 2013
hardniola: this tie is only going to benefit white SA.....d black sa dont have much brain............so even if d tie became stronger they we sttill practice d xenophobic act coz dey can lose they dont av any investment in africa except afrikaans(whitey).

More Nigerian hot air from a tribalist . MTN is black run and owned and doing very well in Naija, there are many black saffas investing in Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by Inik(m): 11:27am On May 09, 2013
zetdee:

Looking at this link Nigeria's high population should worry any Nigerian. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE9380DH20130409?irpc=932

Arts and culture, South Africa has produced world class artist in Music ( jazz, opera, pop, raggea, classical, traditional, house etc. South Africa has produced world class theater productions that have won international awards. Nollywood may produce alot of movies, but it's more quantity than quality, South African movies, soapies, dramas have been nominated and won many international awards. We produce world class television series, many Hollywood movies are produced in South Africa.

You are entitled to your opinion
Re: Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties by sithwell: 7:02am On May 17, 2013
sheyie2007: look who's talking.. Show me NIGERIA's corruption rating in the world and I'll show you SA.s latest crime stats

You still maintain your number 7 position in the world

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-highest-reported-crime-rates.html

If we're regarded as one of the most corrupt, we should be on this list
http://www.wonderslist.com/2013/02/10/10-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/

Your mapsofworld link actually supports what Andrew is saying. It's stats of reported crime rates. It says clearly.

That's why the US and UK are leading. They have good reporting systems. By posting the link, you are agreeing with him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Military Bombs Arepo To Dislodge Militants [PHOTOS] / Even Tinubu Or Anybody Cannot Stop This Man From Becoming President! / The Outcome Of The Emergency Meeting Of APC NWC On The Supreme court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.