Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,058 members, 7,867,002 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:25 AM

The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped (569 Views)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by Medley(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2013
how can a country dat intends to grow into the top 20 economy in the world commit homicide with no remorse whatsoever, in the guise of an ancient diabolic tradition called 'oro', a tradition which allows a group of people to kill anyone found on the street in the night, this is pure wickedness.

some say the killings are done if a member of the royal traditional family dies, why kill others for the death of a mortal being,why dont they kill their people? will these killings bring back the dead?

I could remember how a pregnant woman that was going with her husband to the hospital to be delivered of her baby were both killed in cold blood all in the name of òró.

my questions are; does it mean that the government cant stop this wicked acts? how do we want to grow with this kind of tradition? does it mean that they are done so secretly that our govt are oblivious of this killings or is it that they just simply shut their eyes to this act.

This killings must be stopped.
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by xreal: 9:04pm On May 07, 2013
What's dis; and where did dis happen?
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2013
show proof!

this seems to be a cultural issue since it involves the trad. ruler.
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by Medley(m): 9:22pm On May 07, 2013
xreal: What's dis; and where did dis happen?

this(oro) happens in some parts of lagos, though am not sure of other western state in Nigeria. The killings are done secretly.
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:28pm On May 07, 2013
^show proof, show all the info. then well talk.

dont be vague.
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by ooman(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2013
Medley:

it happens in some parts of lagos,am not sure of other state in the west, and are done so secretly.

your signature needs revise, your english is too bad
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^show proof, show all the info. then well talk.

dont be vague.

Fake pagan!!!

So you dont even know.....They do it in Lagos well!

There is this horrible sound that they make from an instrument and people warn each other not to go out before the oro starts. It has reduced but I think that they still beat people up for being on the road on that day.

They did this in Idimu some years back
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:37pm On May 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fake pagan!!!

So you dont even know.....They do it in Lagos well!

There is this horrible sound that they make from an instrument and people warn each other not to go out before the oro starts. It has reduced but I think that they still beat people up for being on the road on that day.

They did this in Idimu some years back

Im not Yoruba! you can excuse me! grin

oh btw ive heard of that! they dont kill ppl. they just beat them up. I remember last time they had a clash with the muslims over that. It came on frontpage.
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Im not Yoruba! you can excuse me! grin

oh btw ive heard of that! they dont kill ppl. they just beat them up. I remember last time they had a clash with the muslims over that. It came on frontpage.

I am not Yoruba either

smiley smiley
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:44pm On May 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

I am not Yoruba either

smiley smiley

oh yah ofcourse Sir! cool
Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

oh yah ofcourse Sir! cool

Dont mind me jo,

I was just happy that for once, I knew something cultural that you didnt know! grin grin

1 Like

Re: The ÒRÓ Wickedness Should Be Stopped by Medley(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2013
ooman:

your signature needs revise, your english is too bad

thnks mr english,what do u av to say about the issue?,we all know dat you speak fluently,no wonder Nigeria is were it is,i was in a hurry,didnt proof read.
mr 'always out for mistakes', what have ur english solved?,i'd prefer wisdom. am busy with other worthy ventures,i av not had the time for the signature revision.

(1) (Reply)

Do Any African Nations Have Holidays Of "Pagan" Origin/influence? / Hasn't The Gospel Reached Everyone? / Hubu Dunyah (love Of The World)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.