Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? (25931 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Please Do This Before Wearing Your Shoes (Must See Pic) / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by ashson: 2:42am On May 08, 2013
Back in da Days...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by MrOON: 3:25am On May 08, 2013
Obi and Simbi.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by tinuolababy(f): 3:45am On May 08, 2013
Sawaba grin grin
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by naijazown(m): 5:29am On May 08, 2013
BATA or LENARDS...
grin

I remember having a pair imposed on me by ma old-guy...As I try spoil am reach, shoe no gree spoil.
E rugged diee...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by whiteeyes: 5:32am On May 08, 2013
Hahahaaha, cortina! Those were for priveledged children. They were the best theN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by greatgod2012(f): 5:44am On May 08, 2013
Yeah!
It could only be found at Bata or Lennard then, back then, in my secondary school, we werent permitted to use rubber sandal, so, this is what most of used then, very durable, i used mine for 2 years+ before it became an under-sized for me........lol
but, i think recently, i have started seeing it again on school girls o, but, just few girls, maybe, its back again.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Pataki: 7:56am On May 08, 2013
Lol......sweet memories.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by aadetoyin(f): 8:02am On May 08, 2013
Yeeeeeeees. I love them. So comfortable. I can remember am always eager to get a new pair of Bata shoes back then around Ojota. Whenever I pass that area I just keep wondering what happened to Bata and Lenards
Sweet memories.
Can u remember those long socks we used to wear?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Temismith(f): 8:05am On May 08, 2013
Kito,sisi and victoria sandals.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by zaynie(f): 8:05am On May 08, 2013
I remember forcing my mom to buy it for me cos my bestie had it den. Well she did n I barely wore it for a term den I made her kip it for me till I had kids. Well I have a son naw n I have a special cortina to bequeath to him.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 8:34am On May 08, 2013
:DBata and pop socks days. So long, Molly. I don old o undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 08, 2013
Very expensive shoes then, I wear my own so Tay, the sole comot! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by bebe2(f): 10:24am On May 08, 2013
children of nowadays
wats the age of the average nairaland user??
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by EveryLadY(f): 12:13pm On May 08, 2013
OMG! yes my elder bros and sis used it.Dad decided to buy it for them in place of Xmass shoe.Omo see cry,plus the fact the shoe does not spoil on time.they just hated it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 08, 2013
Wow. What a blast from the past, I remember those shoes only too well.

Bata.
Cortina.
Lucky shoes.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 08, 2013
ah, my cortina cheesy

stopped wearing it in ss1 after one guy was looking for his bälls sad
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by omodapson(m): 5:16pm On May 08, 2013
I remember. Long lasting, pass on to next in line grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 08, 2013
aadetoyin:
Can u remember those long socks we used to wear?

Computer socks

8 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by ashson: 5:14pm On May 13, 2013
winkInteresting.... smileyInteresting....
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 10:10am On May 14, 2013
We had another name for it then in Kano: kuturu goes to school.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Joyland(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2013
Yes, in Ghana it was called Achimota Sandals. It's such an everlasting sandals.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by uyogabie(f): 11:32am On May 14, 2013
'back to school'.their still in the market but difficult to get the long lasting ones.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Lilimax(f): 4:50pm On May 14, 2013
I remember Cortina vividly. Made by Bata ...by choice.
I guess that's where the name bata originated from undecided
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by deor03(m): 4:51pm On May 14, 2013
We were not rich enough. My parents posted me so tay I stopped asking

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by supaeagles(m): 4:52pm On May 14, 2013
Ah......sweet memories ..... though admitting it sort of dates my self but who cares - those shoes, as fugly as they looked, were the shizniz back then!

@OP - thanks for the post + picture and the trip down memory lane - I have given you my 'like' in appreciation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by ariyebaba(m): 4:55pm On May 14, 2013
Yes i did ! Aeon years ago

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin

those were the days !
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 14, 2013
The cortina shoes back then, were one-in-town and the best….... cool

5 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by tafiya: 4:56pm On May 14, 2013
Yah cortina was the official shoe back then @ FGC Ikot Ekpene...what a sweet memory!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 14, 2013
Haba,
This one nah for people wey hold nah. .

That year, I wore scandals.

70naira rubber scandals, easy to polish!

Just add Vaseline or kerosene and you'll be good to go.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 14, 2013
yaaayy... i got my own cortina shoe from BATA in Lagos... it was stolen in my school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by LesbianBoy(m): 4:58pm On May 14, 2013
Like this comment if you wore 'kito' sandals back in the days!

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Father Preferred My Younger Brother. / My Brother's Wife Has Never Said Sorry To Him Since They Got Married / 13 Questions Nigerian Parents Ask When You Say You’re Going To Visit A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.