Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? (25915 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Please Do This Before Wearing Your Shoes (Must See Pic) / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Olumogun: 12:01pm On May 15, 2013
I don't know if there can be another brand of shoe that will be so student friendly!

What use to thrill me then was wearing it with white socks and marching on the assembly ground! oh! it is fun.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by akandea(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2013
True! Those were d real cor-shoes
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 1:19am On May 16, 2013
Ooooh lala, memoryl lane! Not everyone could afford them back then. In fact, i have always tried to identify exactly where BATA was located any time i find myself at Ahmadu Bello Street in Jos. What we have these days is a poor imitation; can't turn back the hands of time...
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by dom(m): 9:59am On May 16, 2013
naijaz_own: BATA or LENARDS...
grin

I remember having a pair imposed on me by ma old-guy...As I try spoil am reach, shoe no gree spoil.
E rugged diee...
Lwkmd. you and I are kindred spirits. Being cute and all I had no problem wearing them in primary school o. But when my no nonsense dad got tired of my carelessness with my sandals and punitively decreed a reintroduction of rugged and all-weather cortina in my J.S 2 (1990) I took it personal and as a declaration of war and I privately revolted!!! Lol. Did all i could to destroy it, including taking my bath in it. Yet the bleeding thing refused to die. That period should be my saddest in secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by infinitii(f): 11:04am On May 16, 2013
Yes!!!, CORTINA SANDALS were the best around those days, I remember vividly how my mama get them polished with KIWI brown polish then.............. I wore mine throught out my primary school days
@ slide waxie.........yes VERY HARD LEATHER THAT LASTS YOU FOR A LIFETIME................. I had to give mine away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by StOla: 9:58pm On May 18, 2013
What I remember most about cortina sandals in the early 90's would be the buckle. Very fragile, especially if you're into football, the buckle and the strap were the weak points.

So while it might have been very durable for a girl, it was hardly longlasting for a soccer boy.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by dasparrow: 9:15pm On May 19, 2013
I remember these shoes. Correct leather and they lasted long.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by yusufamo(m): 8:23am On Sep 17, 2013
Good morning all, Please I am seriously in need of a cortina bata shoe. I need it for an interview in Sahara group (THEY CALLED IT TREASURE HUNT) as we have been asked to provide the left leg of a bata cortina shoe. Pls anybody in the house with help on this? Even if na to borrow i will return. it. Plllleeeeaaassseee
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by buklan4realyah(f): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
yusufamo: Good morning all, Please I am seriously in need of a cortina bata shoe. I need it for an interview in Sahara group (THEY CALLED IT TREASURE HUNT) as we have been asked to provide the left leg of a bata cortina shoe. Pls anybody in the house with help on this? Even if na to borrow i will return. it. Pls reach me on 08080992440. Plllleeeeaaassseee

gO to lagos Island market, where dey sell kids skul shoes
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Roland17(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Choiiii... Where did you dig these shoes from?

My elder sister rocked these during her KG and primary school days...

Fond memories... I love you sis...
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by yusufamo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

gO to lagos Island market, where dey sell kids skul shoes
ok, thanks, got one already

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by favediva: 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Please where did u get d shoes 4rm
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by woni: 1:36am On Sep 23, 2013
please can anyone help me with where i can get this shoes to buy now or even borrow pls sad
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by mendelsmattress: 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
resellers wanted nationwide

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by budaatum: 12:35am On May 10, 2018
supereagle:
It was BATA products then. The price used to be btw #100 to 120. Big money in the early 80's.
In the early 80s for where? Ten kobo Obanikoro to Ketu, and my mama nursing sister at the time didn't earn twice that much a month! Even school fees never reach #100 to 120 a month a term for the 80s (or am I just trying to convince myself I wasn't selfish!)

I'm one of those who wore them in primary school. When ma took me to Bata Ojota to buy a pair when my feet got bigger, she found Bambi sandals at half the price. They didn't have my size so gave us a discount too and I ended up with Bata's heal so thick younger sibling to Cortina, which I'd loved but had to hand to my sister with fight.

Three months, my ugly as fuq Bambi's are tight, need new shoes but not according to ma who takes them to work one day and cuts the front off so my toes can breath! I had the only shoes in school no one would steal if you used them make goal post! I eventually bought a pair of strappy sandals popular too in the 80s which I kept in my bag and changed back to Bambi on my way home.

I'm checking that price supereagle. #20 tops. I don't think my mama had a whole terms school fees to buy me shoe! There are 5 of us!
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by budaatum: 3:36am On May 10, 2018
Bata, A Story
Probably posted already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother's Wife Has Never Said Sorry To Him Since They Got Married / Dear Men, DNA Test Is Around ₦100 To ₦200k. Don't Be Unfortunate. / What Are The Things People Without Home Training Do In Another Person's House ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.