Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (16018 Views)

Pastor Treks From Benin City To Abuja For Buhari [PHOTOS] / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by karlmax2: 12:34pm On May 08, 2013
The world's 10 worst cities to live in, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit global “liveability” study, which looks at how “tolerable” it is to live in a particular place given its crime levels, threat of conflict, quality of medical care, levels of censorship, temperature, schools and transport links.

1. Dhaka, Bangladesh is the worst city in the world to live in, according to the report, with an overall rating of 38.7 out of 100
2. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (38.9)
3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
4. Harare, Zimbabwe (39.4)
5. Algiers, Algeria (40.9)
6. Karachi, Pakistan (40.9)
7. Tripoli, Libya (42.cool
8. Douala, Cameroon (43.3)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool
10. Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, which scores an overall rating of 45.9 out of 100

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertypicturegalleries/9478023/The-worlds-10-worst-cities-to-live-in.html#?frame=2311093
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 08, 2013
This ish is old, besides, no Mexican city is listed..bogus stats

4 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by karlmax2: 12:43pm On May 08, 2013
sheyie2007: This ish is old, besides, no Mexican city is listed..bogus stats
this rankings were released today why not read the link

4 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Tolexander: 12:58pm On May 08, 2013
70% of the population in lagos make it a worse city!

4 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by gramci: 12:59pm On May 08, 2013
karl max: this rankings were released today why not read the link

Ignore the mofo, because its not Akwa Ibom
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 08, 2013
This same Lagos that I live in ? Dont know about foreigners who compile this report, but I feel safe and okay here in Las Gidi of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Omen100(m): 1:10pm On May 08, 2013
karl max: The world's 10 worst cities to live in, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit global “liveability” study, which looks at how “tolerable” it is to live in a particular place given its crime levels, threat of conflict, quality of medical care, levels of censorship, temperature, schools and transport links.

1. Dhaka, Bangladesh is the worst city in the world to live in, according to the report, with an overall rating of 38.7 out of 100
2. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (38.9)
3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
4. Harare, Zimbabwe (39.4)
5. Algiers, Algeria (40.9)
6. Karachi, Pakistan (40.9)
7. Tripoli, Libya (42.cool
8. Douala, Cameroon (43.3)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool
10. Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, which scores an overall rating of 45.9 out of 100

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertypicturegalleries/9478023/The-worlds-10-worst-cities-to-live-in.html#?frame=2311093

Mr. Karl, its high time you relinquish been a dreamer-king, use your god given head for once angry angry angry
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by omiobo: 1:14pm On May 08, 2013
karl max: this rankings were released today why not read the link
OP,na old news joor!

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by karlmax2: 1:15pm On May 08, 2013
Omen100:

Mr. Karl, its high time you relinquish been a dreamer-king, use your god given head for once angry angry angry
mr omen100 am not the Economist Intelligence Unit that released the findings.on the countrary u are the one to use your head, but i can see is deep inside fashole and tinubus ass so u can't make use of it.

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by NeoXVI: 1:37pm On May 08, 2013
Omen100:

Why are you attacking the op? Is he the one that came up with the rankings?

As per the rankings, I don't see what temperature is doing there as a criteria. It's not like any city can do anything about it's weather conditions.

This should be taken with a grain of salt, but it should indicate to us that we still have a long way to go and should not rest on our oars. All praise singers need to calm down grin grin grin cheesy tongue

7 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Demdem(m): 1:42pm On May 08, 2013
What about Ph, Aba, uyo, maidugiri, kano even Abuja etc were they not ranked? Even in his bad state, it seems to be one of the best if not the best in Nigeria. We do have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by RickyRoss1(m): 2:15pm On May 08, 2013
Hmm, very interesting stats, but i doubt its accuracy...
What is Iran, Tripoli, Algiers and Harare doing on this list? Whoever compiled this list is a slowpoke.

I visited Mumbai and Delhi January and those 2 Indian cities are very dirty and behind Harare.

Harare is among the top 7 most beautiful cities in Africa, FACT.
No city in West and central Africa comes close to Harare in beauty, development and everything.

This is the same website that claim Accra Ghana was the 2nd worst city to live in. That was when American oil companies were having problems getting oil blocks in Ghana. But within few months after Cosmos oil company got lucrative contracts in Ghana these same western media cooked up another list where they rated Ghana highly.

The western media is an instrument the west is using to rubbish rogue states. I bet Harare is on this list because of Mugabe. Make a white man president of Zimbabwe today and tomorrow these western media will rate Zimbabwe as being the best country in Africa. Fact is, Harare is more beautiful and better than many Eastern European countries, FACT...

16 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by solomon111(m): 3:21pm On May 08, 2013
Demdem: What about Ph, Aba, uyo, maidugiri, kano even Abuja etc were they not ranked? Even in his bad state, it seems to be one of the best if not the best in Nigeria. We do have a long way to go.
lagos is one of the worst livable states even in Nigeria.
The reason most people are there is for economic reasons.
So i don't know what you are talking about.

4 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:28pm On May 08, 2013
We know that. The stress is hell!
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by PopupBlocker: 3:28pm On May 08, 2013
[size=18pt]Lagos is a State..........[/size]

With that said, why aren't any Mexican cities listed?

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by HonKontigi: 3:29pm On May 08, 2013
The rating is for those who want to believe it. Shikena

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by lagcity(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2013
Billyonaire: This same Lagos that I live in ? Dont know about foreigners who compile this report, but I feel safe and okay here in Las Gidi of Nigeria.

Thank you!
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Born2beRich1(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2013
Old News.

Next.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Wale112(m): 3:31pm On May 08, 2013
[b]Thank God I moved to Ghana and enjoying the peace n stability here[/b]Nigeria jaga jaga

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by RedLight1: 3:32pm On May 08, 2013
Billyonaire: This same Lagos that I live in ? Dont know about foreigners who compile this report, but I feel safe and okay here in Las Gidi of Nigeria.
that's why i pity those people that belive anything composed by these foreign bastards that never set their foots on nigeria before

i live in lagos and dont think there is any other place i wanna live in nigeria apart from lagos

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Codedrock(m): 3:33pm On May 08, 2013
But i tink it is still the best in the world to me
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by supaeagles(m): 3:34pm On May 08, 2013
Nonsense - why dem wrongly mischaracterize my darling las gidiz like this
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 08, 2013
Lagos is over-hyped state,unfit for humans,fashola is only giving it a superficial liftment..that doesnt rule that its still a dungeon to live.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by pobosky20(m): 3:34pm On May 08, 2013
If Lagos is 3rd,what will be Borno's position? What about states from Afganistan? Sudan unko? Nawa o...
This is just a guess work,not a research at all.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by slyk2(m): 3:35pm On May 08, 2013
D info is a thrash.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by PopupBlocker: 3:35pm On May 08, 2013
Lol how did Borno escape this brand?
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Wale112(m): 3:36pm On May 08, 2013
see me see trouble o. Why dont u die for new Born babies to live?
Red-Light:
ediot ... a bloody gaynian pretending to be nigerian
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Krasid(m): 3:38pm On May 08, 2013
why so much hate on lagos?.if they like let them put lagos in number 1,lagos still rocks.STUPWEED STATS.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Archmed(m): 3:39pm On May 08, 2013
i love Lasgidi!!

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by dolphinife: 3:39pm On May 08, 2013
some people just love to be mischevious. If Lagos is the worst third city to live , how do you reconcile that with the number of people trooping to Lagos on per second billings?
Lagos is a cosmopolitan place where every tribe on earth is ably represented. It therefore baffles me fore one NEW YORKER or a LONDONER to be dispelling false information like this
as far as i know, Lagos is the most safest city to live in in Africa, compared to south african cities with high crime rate, mexico cities of drug pushing and kidnapping, and host of other cities which i might not listed here.
and for our information, if Lagos state is not safe or healthy for some people to live in, why cnt those people enter their cars, with their families and their business, and walk back, crawl or drive back to their God-forsaken villages

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by slimming: 3:39pm On May 08, 2013
So, lagos is worst than Karachi where bombing is a daily meal. na wash

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawyer Files Suit At ECOWAS, High Courts To Compel Arrest Of Arewa Youth Leaders / Just In: Guber Election : El-rufai Wins Polling Unit / BREAKING: Senate Pass 2019 Budget, Adds Extra Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.