Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (16041 Views)

Pastor Treks From Benin City To Abuja For Buhari [PHOTOS] / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ghananotnaija(m): 5:09pm On May 08, 2013
I am a Ghanaian originally from Cape Coast, but temporarily living in Lagos for business.

I categorically deny this ranking! Lagos cannot be just number 3, it has to be the worst. I can't imagine how another city could possibly be less liveable than this Lagos. I pray to God that I can return to Accra soon.

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by hayubee(m): 5:09pm On May 08, 2013
assumin las gidi was shut down 4 1 week imagine wat will happen 2 naija infact africa
Lagos is worst bah go island nd c dis same westerners der bringing dir money here 2 invest foreign firms na im full lag if lag worse y dem dy com y dem no go afganistan. Las gidi of life no place like lag
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by frederal(m): 5:24pm On May 08, 2013
I think Lagos should be #1. Everywhere where is unsafe, even NL( see new rules #17).
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 08, 2013
Please return before someone murder you.. IDIOTIC FOOL
ghananotnaija: I am a Ghanaian originally from Cape Coast, but temporarily living in Lagos for business.

I categorically deny this ranking! Lagos cannot be just number 3, it has to be the worst. I can't imagine how another city could possibly be less liveable than this Lagos. I pray to God that I can return to Accra soon.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Godson201333(m): 5:32pm On May 08, 2013
By the way abidjan is very beautiful and more organized than Lagos,Moreover its called petit paris...very beautiful
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by 360command: 5:33pm On May 08, 2013
sheyie2007: This ish is old, besides, no Mexican city is listed..bogus stats

1. Dhaka, Bangladesh is the worst city in the world to live in, according to the report, with an overall rating of 38.7 out of 100
2. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (38.9)
3. Lagos, Nigeria (39.0)
4. Harare, Zimbabwe (39.4)
5. Algiers, Algeria (40.9)
6. Karachi, Pakistan (40.9)
7. Tripoli, Libya (42.cool
8. Douala, Cameroon (43.3)
9. Tehran, Iran (45.cool
10. Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire,

bro, if you look at the city's above, they are all capital city and i can tell you its more safer living in the capital city of mexico compare to Bogota or Guatamela city.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by MillionDollars: 5:39pm On May 08, 2013
y did dey leave out ibadan
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by eaglechild: 5:41pm On May 08, 2013
Eko oni ogbanje!
Fashola is working!
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by 360command: 5:49pm On May 08, 2013
Godson201333: By the way abidjan is very beautiful and more organized than Lagos,Moreover its called petit paris...very beautiful

there are few places that are beautiful in abidjan .. places like Treichville, rivera then maybe plateau. Have you gone to Yopougan(my spelling is bad). Abidjan is just there. I like their pharmacy shops, samedi soir outings..
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by LeOstrich: 5:54pm On May 08, 2013
ghananotnaija: I am a Ghanaian originally from Cape Coast, but temporarily living in Lagos for business.

Are you exporting aggege bread back to Ghana and importing alomo?

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 08, 2013
Billyonaire: This same Lagos that I live in ? Dont know about foreigners who compile this report, but I feel safe and okay here in Las Gidi of Nigeria.

U are used to the suffering my guy cheesy
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by babyboy3(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2013
Naples is a horrible city
Bogota
Baghdad
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ghananotnaija(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2013
Le Ostrich:

Are you exporting aggege bread back to Ghana and importing alomo?

shocked How do you know my business?
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by systemz(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2013
Eh hn! Is there any doubt.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by systemz(m): 6:58pm On May 08, 2013

So what makes u not to return since, are ur limps cut off or road and airspace to Accra blocked?

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 08, 2013
Tolexander: 70% of the population in lagos make it a worse city!
Stop that,population of Lagos is biger than that of china or what?
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ghananotnaija(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2013
systemz: So what makes u not to return since, are ur limps cut off or road and airspace to Accra blocked?

My business here is not done so I cannot go back yet. It's the same with Nigerians in countries even poorer than Nigeria like India or Cambodia, they're there to make money not because those places are better.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by DoctorMcgruff: 7:23pm On May 08, 2013
SO...

Mogadishu,Baghdad,Kabul, Damascus,Karachi,Juarez,Tijuana are better than us??

hmmm,dont believe everything you read people

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by jidestar: 7:29pm On May 08, 2013
op dat is y una one die their abi? Igbos need to stop all dis hating.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by phantom(m): 7:31pm On May 08, 2013
Currently in lagos.came in from PH for professional exams.cant wait to get out.been dreaming of that sweet ride back to the airport.theres this air of insecurity all round as if you could get robbed suddenly.crazy city!

1 Like

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 08, 2013
baby-boy:
Naples is a horrible city
Bogota
Baghdad
Niggah shut the hell up! its not compulsory to comment undecided
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Solozzo(m): 9:59pm On May 08, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Why are you attacking the op? Is he the one that came up with the rankings?

As per the rankings, I don't see what temperature is doing there as a criteria. It's not like any city can do anything about it's weather conditions.

This should be taken with a grain of salt, but it should indicate to us that we still have a long way to go and should not rest on our oars. All praise singers need to calm down grin grin grin cheesy tongue

Well said! The temperature issue is relevant not just what the environmental temperature is like per se, but the availability of reliable means of temperature control eg, fans a/c , heaters etc.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ehispapa(m): 10:06pm On May 08, 2013
Billyonaire: This same Lagos that I live in ? Dont know about foreigners who compile this report, but I feel safe and okay here in Las Gidi of Nigeria.

they didnt say you being safe, its a general statement and if you have never been out .you will never understand the mess nigerians have turned there country into...of a truth i have travelled so many cities in the world and yet to find any as disorganised,dirty, with no simple basic amenities,smelly and ransacked like any of naija cities...lagos is actually my worst city in naija. planning to see Bangladesh cos i have a friend here from there and its kinda close
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ehispapa(m): 10:08pm On May 08, 2013
hayubee: assumin las gidi was shut down 4 1 week imagine wat will happen 2 naija infact africa
Lagos is worst bah go island nd c dis same westerners der bringing dir money here 2 invest foreign firms na im full lag if lag worse y dem dy com y dem no go afganistan. Las gidi of life no place like lag

Layman !!...travel out and see. its actually the worst i have seen
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ehispapa(m): 10:10pm On May 08, 2013
ghananotnaija:

My business here is not done so I cannot go back yet. It's the same with Nigerians in countries even poorer than Nigeria like India or Cambodia, they're there to make money not because those places are better.

And who said india is poor...i SMH for NL students
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Solozzo(m): 10:11pm On May 08, 2013
DoctorMcgruff: SO...

You maybe surprised they are better than us. I got the shock of my life when I went to work in Maseru Lesotho in 2000 to 2004 and it found maseru to be better than any city in Nigeria. Then they had 24/7 electricity, Internet access, ATMs and sewage and regular water supply as well as a rudimentary medical emergency service and a Lesotho flying doctors service to reach rural areas by air. . They have an MOU with south Africa to provide highly specialized medical care eg heart surgery, renal transplants, all expenses paid by the govt of Lesotho. Lesotho, no bigger than Edo state is one of the poorest countries in the world that relies heavily on donations to survive.

My medical colleagues and I published their medical service structure in a journal in 2004 to illustrate how poor nations can strive in the face of challenges to assist their people.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Stlatyv(m): 10:11pm On May 08, 2013
If truely dat article was released 2day nd d criterias ar level of education,medical centre,threat to nd atmospheric condition nd of al states in 9ja u single out lagos u must b jokin in chinese. Tel me wat position wil borno(bad weather condition,zero security level,education undaground e.t.c),kano,yobe nd jos(witnesin d worsiest security prob presently). Nd in wat way has d level of d 9ja delta state nd eastern states beta dan lasgidi wen it comes to education level,security level. Jst my opinion
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ehispapa(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2013

What do you understand by worst? you mentioned countries in trouble to a peaceful one...read again bro. apart from mogadishu..the other have better, light, road, buildings, water,alternate transport and good standard of living. of course the observation could never have been carried out in those countries in crisis that is why in reporting a finding you hear something like in the SELECTED COUNTRIES...so among the selected ones lagos came third.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by ehispapa(m): 10:18pm On May 08, 2013
St.latyv:
If truely dat article was released 2day nd d criterias ar level of education,medical centre,threat to nd atmospheric condition nd of al states in 9ja u single out lagos u must b jokin in chinese. Tel me wat position wil borno(bad weather condition,zero security level,education undaground e.t.c),kano,yobe nd jos(witnesin d worsiest security prob presently). Nd in wat way has d level of d 9ja delta state nd eastern states beta dan lasgidi wen it comes to education level,security level. Jst my opinion

If not for crisis i prefer Borno than lagos ten times over..you they travel at all? dont joke with some northern states o
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by kpolli(m): 10:23pm On May 08, 2013
No South African city and they are meant to have the highest crime rate.... Please when will the original stats be out?

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Rossikk(m): 10:34pm On May 08, 2013

ehispapa: What do you understand by worst? you mentioned countries in trouble to a peaceful one...read again bro. apart from mogadishu..the other have better, light, road, buildings, water,alternate transport and good standard of living. of course the observation could never have been carried out in those countries in crisis that is why in reporting a finding you hear something like in the SELECTED COUNTRIES...so among the selected ones lagos came third.

You're a daft goat. How do you know that the other cities ''apart from Mogadishu'' all have constant light, better roads, good standard of living'' etc? Because they are not blacks or Africans? So you think all places that are not in Africa must have constant light and good roads? IGNORANT GOAT. Somebody needs to take your dumbasss to KABUL, Afghanstan, or BAGHDAD, to enjoy their ''high standard of living and ''better buildings''''. OLODO.
Re: LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. by Rossikk(m): 10:37pm On May 08, 2013
ehispapa:

And who said india is poor...i SMH for NL students

India IS poor. What the hell are you talking about?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Old Is Nigeria? 99 Or 53? / Lawyer Files Suit At ECOWAS, High Courts To Compel Arrest Of Arewa Youth Leaders / Photos From Jigawa PDP Campaign Rally 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.