Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC (956 Views)

Inec Registration Area Centers In Kuje And Other Area Councils In The Fct / Photos From INEC Registration Center In Radio , Lagos / For Those Who Are Recruited For Inec Registration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by KingSolomonI: 12:58pm On May 08, 2013
The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) has written to the Nigeria Police Force complaining over the theft of its original party registration certificate issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The letter of complaint was said to have been written by the National Secretary of the party, Engr. Buba Galidima to the Utako police station in the Federal Capital (FCT).

Confirming the move by the party's leadership Tuesday, the National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin told THISDAY in a telephone interview that the party took the step to report the enstranged pioneer national chairman, Senator Rufai Hanga to the police for illegally withholding the certificate.

“Yes, the party has reported to the police over its missing certificate of registration which the former chairman, Senator Hanga has been keeping illegally since he was eased out of office,” he said. One of the critical elements in the on-going political party merger processes, which the oppositon coalition is embarking on, is the requirement that each of the parties should be ready to submit back to INEC its original certificate of registration.

However, it was gathered that as part of measures to ensure that the opposition merger does not suffer any set-back, the CPC leaders decided to seek the assistance of the police to help retrieve the party's certificate said to be “missing” from their archives. It was learnt that Galadima had requested the police to give the party a covering note, which would enable it apply for a certified true copy from INEC.

But contrary to Galadima’s position, the aggrieved faction of the party led by Hanga said the original registration certificate had always been in their possession since the inception of the party

The spokesman of the Hanga-led faction, Chief Dennis Ahganya told THISDAY that the group was in rightful custody of the certificate since they have a pending court action challenging the authenticity of the Prince Tony Momoh-led national executive of the CPC. “This is criminality as a result of desperation, even when it was deposed to in all our affidavits that the original certificate is with us and the copy is attached. INEC is not stupid to fall for such gimmicks,” he said.

Aghanya recalled that Fashakin had in one of his recent press statements claimed that the original certificate was with the national leader of the party, Major-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and wondered how the certificate suddenly went missing from their archives. “We are still waiting to see how many more lies they will tell to cover up all their lies. We are not against the merger, although we were not carried along by those championing the cause.

“But we are determined to claim our party and ensure that it is well repositioned for all subsequent elections, including the Anambra State governorship election in September 2013,” he said.

Aghanya said his group also intends to visit the National Assembly leadership to plead with them and remind them of the damage they are doing to the image of the country’s democracy by not readmitting the CPC parliamentary members from Katsina State who were returned by the court.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/our-original-registration-inec-certificate-has-been-stolen-cpc
Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by badmrkt(m): 1:21pm On May 08, 2013
I sometimes read news like this for comic relief.
grin tongue
na me steal ooo crying babies.

1 Like

Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by KGB2008: 1:43pm On May 08, 2013
Are these the jokers that want to take over from PDP? grin grin grin grin.Moderator,please,front page

1 Like

Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 08, 2013
hahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahaaha

Ebuka!!, come and laugh with me ooo!

By the way, Ebuka, who do you think that took it?

It might be an Igbo man because the man who was sited near the certificate was earing jeans

or it might be GEJ or
it might the CAN President!

Or Ebuka, tell me the truth oo, is it you?
Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by Euroclydon(m): 3:54pm On May 08, 2013
Finally, i dont think we really have a credible opposition cos all am seeing are a conglomerate of clowns!

1 Like

Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by mamikky: 4:06pm On May 08, 2013
They got themselves caught in the web of their inefficiency..... why on earth would cpc wait till this crucial moment to notice that its party certificate is missing. SMH.... IF we are not careful, Nigeria as whole may get missing in hand of this party.

2 Likes

Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by SherlockHolmes1(m): 4:28pm On May 08, 2013
This is laughable!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by 1MCN: 5:31pm On May 08, 2013
This is unthinkable!
Sorry, unprintable.
I think the party shouldnt have allowed this chagrin to enter the public domain. Dont they know it's a deep scratch into their integrity and organizational (or corporate) competence?!
I truly want an opposition that is not a self-mortification.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 08, 2013
1MCN: This is unthinkable!
Sorry, unprintable.
I think the party shouldnt have allowed this chagrin to enter the public domain. Dont they know it's a deep scratch into their integrity and organizational (or corporate) competence?!
I truly want an opposition that is not a self-mortification.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

I think its a warning for those "dying" for Buhari!
we may wake up one day to hear that the the Federation Account has been stolen!
Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 08, 2013
#In GMBs voice #" this party lacks diskpleeen and there is serious kwarroption among the members. Abacha did not steal fprom Nigeria so he is better than these ffpl".
Are these the same group of persons that purpot to represent hope and change for the common man?
Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by PointB: 5:58pm On May 08, 2013
Na wa o. They can't even secure their certificates, how can the secure our votes, let alone the country?! grin grin grin grin
Clowns, Power Clowns (CPC)!

1 Like

Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:01pm On May 08, 2013
Always trouble with these people, wat kind of country will Nigeria become on their watch, no doubt a trouble one. grin

1 Like

Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by 1MCN: 7:28pm On May 08, 2013
noblezone:

I think its a warning for those "dying" for Buhari!
we may wake up one day to hear that the the Federation Account has been stolen!

Bros, you harsh ooo. You made me laugh out loud inside a public bus!
I try my most to circumvent and sidetrack the popular NL wrangles. Abeg no go bring me come outside biko
Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by Alxmyr(m): 7:47pm On May 08, 2013
I wouldn't be surprise if the certificate re-appear the moment some people felt their interest is no longer protected in their dream utopia called APC. This is purely political gimmick by one of the merging parties to outsmart the other. Unfortunately, ACN is too quick to go to town with their new romance.
Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by kirian202: 10:09pm On May 08, 2013
First impression matters in every thing, abeg make I laugh small again huaaaa!!! Huaaaa!!! Huaaaaaa!!!
Re: Our Original INEC Registration Certificate Has Been Stolen- CPC by omenka(m): 5:36am On May 09, 2013
badmrkt: I sometimes read news like this for comic RELIEVE.
grin tongue
na me steal ooo crying babies.

Rules:
21. Always post in proper English. The use of
correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is
compulsory.

Mods!!

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Nl's USA Has Done It Again, A Lesson For Nigeria. / Plans To Impeach Amaechi: How Far With The Prophesy Of Sahara Reporter Of Lies? / Nelson Mandela - RIP - What Can We As Nigerians Learn From His Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.