Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Reno Omokri Replies Guardian UK Piece On Jonathan's Performance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Replies Guardian UK Piece On Jonathan's Performance (9888 Views)

Agatu:Reno Omokri Replies Adesina:U Remind Me Of Malu Who Laugh At Odi Genocide / Reno Omokri Replies Osinbajo's Road Assertion / Jonathan Is Not To Blame, Reno Omokri Replies Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Guardian UK Piece On Jonathan's Performance by graphicsplay: 11:47pm On May 09, 2013
israel ben-zion:
I don't have all d facts that the interlocutors have at their disposal and so I shall limit my comment to what is pleaded b4 us(court of public opinion). And in my own very considered judgment, I find it hard to discountenance d well-appointed response of Mr. Reno Omokiri, Counsel to d allegedly defamed party. He succeeded in setting forth a very strong and irresistible rebuttal to d piece by Mr. Adekoya, an aggrieved party who has approached this Court for judgment. Mr. Omokiri not only presented a palatable and tasty rendition of d facts as he knws dem, but he did so in a literary manner and style that many writers only aspire to. In fact, one may be forgiven for giving him judgment based only on d neatness and structure of his compelling logic and writing style, while ignoring d substance of his argument itself. I was almost carried away in admiration of his style, a ready reminder of the verbal exploits of Daniel Webb.
And so I shall proceed to give judgment on two very vital fronts: substance and style.
Without much ado, I readily uphold d claims of Mr. Omokiri as to substance and facts presented herein and hold same to be true for lack of any credible contrary averment or proof of same.
In the same vein, I also award judgment on d basis of style and logical presentation to Mr. Omokiri, and state without equivocation that even if all d substance of his averments as above were false in themselves, any Judge would also have been hard-pressed to deny Mr. Omokiri judgment owing solely to the aesthetics of his powerful presentation.
This is my own judgment. I await the judgment of my brother judges on this issue with anticipation. Dated this 8.5.2013.

Counsel to Mr. Adekoya: "the learned judge erred in his judgement by allowing himself to be easily swayed to the wrong side of justice by mere verbal gymnastics from the defendant's counsel.High worded appeal to the higher court will be considered after a tete-a-tete with my client" grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnpc: Auditor General Is Wrong On N3.2t Allegation / The Most Powerful Words Nnamdi Kanu Said In The Courtroom. / GEJ Media Chat Vs Euro 2012: Which Will You Watch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.