Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? (17809 Views)

Ear Piercing? / Ear Piercings! / Piercing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 12:32pm On May 15, 2006
piercing is meant for gals

not guyz

it's the most unecessary thing a guy can do

ignorance is crap
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by idiotboop(f): 1:03pm On May 15, 2006
smiley Fair dos Bolex

I like your attitude, ballsy and stick to your guns regardless, I agree with some of your points (not all sad)
But can you tell me where in the bible it says women can't pierce too?without making it a religious thing only, its for my own interest just not come across it.

Naughty naughty saying they are Gay though , come on embarassed you know thats wrong right?
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 1:06pm On May 15, 2006
well

i dont have bible quotes rite now

but someone wd help me out

cool

am sure someone here will

what is the decency in extra piercings
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Christino(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2006
Bolex, i'm i allowed to pierce my (), do people pierce their () as well or am i heading for the GBOR?
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:16pm On May 15, 2006
Christino:

Bolex, i'm i allowed to pierce my (), do people pierce their () as well or am i heading for the GBOR?
whats() cheesy cheesy
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2006
where is ya'll shout outs ?

christino

where is ur voice shout

"!!!!!

we need all voice shouts ASAP

Seun would please have to make the singature allowed characters longer for this purpose

back to topic:

don;t pierce your dick you weirdo  grin
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by beyunce(f): 1:17pm On May 15, 2006
Oh so it means private.
no one should do that
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Christino(m): 1:18pm On May 15, 2006
@ Rhod,
Do i need to tell you that 2+2 = 4? You know now!
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:20pm On May 15, 2006
whatever dude, whatever! tongue
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by shadex1(m): 2:16pm On May 15, 2006
Rhodalyn:

yeah!! we don't give a fxxk do we Cutie cheesy cheesy kiss

Hell No Sweetie cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by my2cents(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2006
I say, if it isn't something that is part and parcel of our culture, whatever it may be, if it goes against the grain, then don't do it. That to me also includes hair braiding by men, etc.

I ask a question that I asked on another post loooong time ago - y do we seem, *generally speaking*, to copy those aspects of another's culture that is either controversial or plain negative?

Something to chew on, and perhaps get you spinning on your eye brows grin
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Rottweiler(m): 4:11pm On May 15, 2006
Pierce my body, my ear, my nose? Men, I feel like puking! Yak! When I see guys with ear rings, I just look at them at AGBEROS, pure touts!
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2006
@ ma 2 cents

Ma e-father just gave you ma 14th cent

cool

It's all VANITY
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Christino(m): 5:59pm On May 15, 2006
If you pierce everything and you don't pierce your brain then there's no sense in it cos thats where the sense actually is.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by chinani(f): 2:40am On May 16, 2006
I don't see the problem with ear piercing especially on women. In fact when I have my baby girl (distant future) I will have her ears pierced w/in the 1st year as mine were. It needn't be a sign of vainty or vainty upon vainty. For instance, I wear earrings but no make up. That's just how I roll. I don't have a make-up taboo. Haven't we been piercing ears & wearing ear rings since pre-Biblical times and/or before "we" heard the Gospel? Ehnnn! So forget this vainty biz - no I don't care for that characterization at all - and think of it as a cultural practice.

Recently my cousin who is 17 had both his ears pierced. He knew it was inevitable for his mother to see him but he tried to avoid her at the house anyway. When she saw him she said "Why?" really sad. Then she was like "You like those, what do they call them? gay-got!" And they both started laughing b/c of the way she said that word. When I heard about it I was like "Aunty, who taught you such a word?" Yep, that's nothing endorsed in the Bible either.

Anyhow, Bolex, let this brother be o! You are his keeper sha. There's nothing wrong w/ young men piercing their ears though it doesn't always look as nice. Also they tend to want to "Bling! Bling!" But to each his own. Everyman makes his own bed.I will not make prohibitions. People are free to look as fine or foolish as their heart desires. Peace. kiss
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by sade511(f): 2:52am On May 16, 2006
I dont have a problem with it.
Madda fact I like it.
I find it sexy on some guys.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by BellaRouge(f): 5:02am On May 16, 2006
Body piercings, regardless of if they are on a male or female, are a means of self expression, like tattoos. Guys with earrings are non-conformists because they dont mind deviating from society's set norms of the "typical guy." I really do applaud them for that because not conforming to what the soceity expects of you promotes individuality. Personally, I dont have a problem with piercings except when it becomes very distractive to other people.

Am I going to get my eyebrows or lips pierced? Absolutely not, because I dont care much for the pain involved.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by chinani(f): 5:32am On May 16, 2006
BellaRouge:

Guys with earrings are non-conformists because they don't mind deviating from society's set norms of the "typical guy." I really do applaud them for that because not conforming to what the soceity expects of you promotes individuality.
I don't know. Some men get pierced to conform to the thug or pretty boy image. Everyone has their own reason.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2006
If I tell you ma bro now looks filthy to me now

Would you believe ?

He has started to irritate me

How will I be able to preach to people when the person right under ma nose has f**ked up already

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

arrggghhhhhhh
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Reba(f): 12:31pm On May 16, 2006
I got my ears pierced last year when I was 23, its because my mom never allowed me to get pierced when I was young but now I got my ears pierced as an udult and she has no say to my life and I can do what ever pleases my life.When she first saw me she just asked, so u got ur ears pierced than I said yes mother, so that was it.

Now this winter I want to get another (upper ear) and may b toungue.I don'nt see it as a big deal thou especial to the ladies.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2006
yer sure

she got no say in your life

you disobeyed her

and you seem so happy to have disobeyed her

karma rules
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by dominobaby(f): 12:40pm On May 16, 2006
I bet we r used 2 female ear piercing, abi? 4 da g.u.y.s, i must confess, it luks real G O O D on a few while for majority it is Y U C K!!!
Take it easy on ur bro, bolex. Try make him understand y he shudnt have it, it will take tym though.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 12:52pm On May 16, 2006
I warned him last year

& he did it this year

he had his way

angry angry angry angry angry

crap

vanity

am pissed

angry angry angry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13000.0.html

ma new topic
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Reba(f): 12:57pm On May 16, 2006
@ Bolex

I just pierced my ears because I felt like its what I need to do and it pleases my life,So its not like I disobeyed my mom.Becuse I did as an Udult and she had no control of me then.I was olready free from her instructions and her rules so I disobeyed no body.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2006
good for you

Ask her next time you see her if she is pleased with what you did or not

Then you can justify yourself

You are still under her instructions

be you 40

As long as she remains your MUMMY
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:12pm On May 16, 2006
Hell No Sweetie cheesy cheesy kiss

yeah!! we dont! cheesy cheesy thats why we gotta move in together soon. kiss kiss cheesy
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by Reba(f): 1:26pm On May 16, 2006
bolex:

good for you

Ask her next time you see her if she is pleased with what you did or not

Then you can justify yourself

You are still under her instructions

be you 40

As long as she remains your MUMMY

Bolex dear I am no longer under her instructions ok period , and by the way I am 24 living on my own not with her.and there is no need to justify.Its my life and no body can justify about it.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by shadex1(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2006
Rhodalyn:

yeah!! we don't! cheesy cheesy thats why we gotta move in together soon. kiss kiss cheesy

yea baby.we got so much in common we gotta do something real quick kiss kiss cheesy cheesy
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by 2nde(m): 9:35pm On May 16, 2006
I'll still say if you are a busy man who has much more thing to think about, you wont be thinking of piercing.
I dont even have that patient or to allow one person to be messing with my body.
Those who says is good, it is wrong according to Nigeria culture and if you want to turn your culture down and follows others, then, good for you but remember those whom you are emitating dont even see you as part of them even if you act like them. My WORDS
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by bolex(m): 9:36pm On May 16, 2006
2nde:

I'll still say if you are a busy man who has much more thing to think about, you wont be thinking of piercing.
I don't even have that patient or to allow one person to be messing with my body.
Those who says is good, it is wrong according to Nigeria culture and if you want to turn your culture down and follows others, then, good for you but remember those whom you are emitating don't even see you as part of them even if you act like them. My WORDS

word !!!

cool
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by hotangel2(f): 10:46pm On May 16, 2006
Are u people even hearing urself?

U mean even a girl with her ears pierced is bad? Egbami?? If u are talking stomach/belly button piercing, i understand. But ears?? A GIRL?? Fxck that shiit mehn.

Guys with piercings are not gay. They look cute with rocks/ice on their ears. Just cause it don't fit u dont mean u should criticize.

People sef. Holier than thous. Una don dey tire me small small oo.
Re: Ear Piercing: Good Or Bad Thing? by sade511(f): 10:48pm On May 16, 2006
I know. . . most girls have thier ears pierced within the third day of thier birth.
I thought it was like a tradition in Nigeria cause every baby girl i say already had thier ears pierced.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rate This Pic. / Face Of Omambala And Miss Orumba 2018 Contestants (Photos) / Rita Dominic's Outfit To Ebony Live TV Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.