Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,873 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" (17345 Views)

8 DISTINCT Differences Between ISLAM And BOKOHARAM / Who Can Diffrentiate Between ISLAM OR MUSLIM?? / A Comparison Between Islam, Christianity And Judaism And The Choice Between ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by pure123: 5:23pm On May 10, 2013
ddippset: what difference are you looking for again na? they are both nouns. islam is the abstract noun, muslim is the proper noun. islam is the religion, muslim is the person.

LOBATAN!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Tolexander: 5:25pm On May 10, 2013
trux: nice one every father has the right to be a good father if a paticular father did not be good to his chieldren you cannot blame the etire fatherhood.

21. Please spell words correctly
when you post
, and try to use
perfect grammar
and
punctuation.

OP!
Nice write up.
But wanna know the differences between the two words apart from the alphabetical characters.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nonybb: 5:25pm On May 10, 2013
One thing i also knw is that problem with muslim is islam

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by pure123: 5:26pm On May 10, 2013
Nonybb: One thing i also knw is that problem with muslim is islam

3000 LIKE

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by AbdH: 5:27pm On May 10, 2013
musKeeto: What are this people talking about? So the Muslim that rules this section, does He ban people because of Islam or because HE's Muslim?
undecided

Good point.
The only TRUE christian was CHRIST. The only true Muslim was Mohammed. End of story.
Error! Jesus was not a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by bishop4life(m): 5:28pm On May 10, 2013
How many pages will it take you to differenciate between them? Why dont you go ahead and do that?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by AbdH: 5:28pm On May 10, 2013
tspun: we known there is difference btw both. D problem i am having is tring to understand y any religion (islam) will promise is people (muslim) a reward for killing innocent people.pls Explain if u can.
Innocent? You are wrong there.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tspun(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2013
musKeeto:
Um, Yahweh also does the same in the Bible. Infact, Yahweh wasn't happy when one of his kings spared someone's life..

come on man. We both know u r just being setimental, quote the verse in the bible were it was writen that there is a reward for killing innocent pple.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by WukedP(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2013
I think The movie 5 MINERETS IN NEW YORK explains better, i mean wat d Op is tryna make us understand, The Sectarian was a Muslim while the gud one was practicing islam, n i ll recomend dat movie to any Muslim i come accross, Repent n be converted to Islam o yeah Muslims, But me na Christian for life
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tspun(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2013
AbdH:
Innocent? You are wrong there.
and i am waiting for ur correction.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by inme: 5:34pm On May 10, 2013
Looking for the "difference" with kakabulaka
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by AbdH: 5:36pm On May 10, 2013
tspun: and i am waiting for ur correction.
You already have it.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 10, 2013
tspun: come on man. We both know u r just being setimental, quote the verse in the bible were it was writen that there is a reward for killing innocent pple.

“Only in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes. But you shall utterly destroy them: the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that they may not teach you to do according to all their detestable things which they have done for their gods, so that you would sin against the Lord your God” - Deuteronomy 20:16–18
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Walexz02(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2013
Lilimax: The last time I checked, a person that practise Islam as a religion is a Moslem.
Also a person that practise Christianity as religion is a Christian.
Why the noise?
so the actions of few pastors that molest young childrens and use human parts for rituals[their are proofs if you need them] should be extended to all christians? What is worrying you is hatred,and untill you stop it you would always be doomed. Sorry eh?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mishydoo(m): 5:40pm On May 10, 2013
I believe many persons know this. my question however is why d higher propensity for Violence than others...I came too know Islam as a religeon of Peace.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by ITbomb(m): 5:40pm On May 10, 2013
*about to type reply , sees the number of hidden post , wonder what happened to the posters, remembers the hidden 17th commandment, type my thoughts and close the tab*
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by mike404(m): 5:43pm On May 10, 2013
**Yawn** I guess I don't belong here
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 10, 2013
#Carry my bible#...runing 2 church

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by sauceEEP(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2013
this thread lacks BEARING...
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by XtremelyCoded(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2013
Engr+alfa:
Greetings to whoever is reading this at this moment. I joined nairaland for sometimes now and I have been enjoying the forum greatly, but my only disappointment is whenever I go through peoples comment, especially on sensitive issues like religion and politics. The consolation I give to myself is that "well, this is a social media,anybody can express an opinion". But my major problem is the perception of the religion Islam.
At this point before I continue, let me quote something Ahmed Deedat once said "Thank God I knew Islam before knowing muslims". Please my point is, there is a great difference between a muslim and Islam, so please what you should seek to know is Islam and not a muslim and you can do this by knowing the scriptures and seeking explanations where you get confused but never and never look at a person's action and conclude about the religion (this applies to every religion) and furthermore do not interpret the message of a scripture just literally, try to find out more and deeper explanation about why and when it was revealed (some scriptures are strictly for just some circumstances which may have nothing to do with you).
Reason I am writing this is because I can not and will not guarantee you that in this present age there is a human who is a complete reflection of his or her religion (even if there is, you may never come across such around you). So please people you should know that "ISLAM AND A MUSLIM IS NOT THE SAME"
as 4 me dere is no diff. Btw islam and muslim because it is d doctrine dat a muslim man gets 4rm islam dat cordinates him 4 all actions undecided
Engr+alfa:
Greetings to whoever is reading this at this moment. I joined nairaland for sometimes now and I have been enjoying the forum greatly, but my only disappointment is whenever I go through peoples comment, especially on sensitive issues like religion and politics. The consolation I give to myself is that "well, this is a social media,anybody can express an opinion". But my major problem is the perception of the religion Islam.
At this point before I continue, let me quote something Ahmed Deedat once said "Thank God I knew Islam before knowing muslims". Please my point is, there is a great difference between a muslim and Islam, so please what you should seek to know is Islam and not a muslim and you can do this by knowing the scriptures and seeking explanations where you get confused but never and never look at a person's action and conclude about the religion (this applies to every religion) and furthermore do not interpret the message of a scripture just literally, try to find out more and deeper explanation about why and when it was revealed (some scriptures are strictly for just some circumstances which may have nothing to do with you).
Reason I am writing this is because I can not and will not guarantee you that in this present age there is a human who is a complete reflection of his or her religion (even if there is, you may never come across such around you). So please people you should know that "ISLAM AND A MUSLIM IS NOT THE SAME"
as 4 me dere is no diff. Btw islam and muslim because it is d doctrine dat a muslim man gets 4rm islam dat cordinates him 4 all actions........
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by usayab(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2013
This is ridiclous!. 'Ahmed deeda' no any verse from quran or any hadith to support this fact. What a rejected fact!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Walexz02(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2013
tspun: we known there is difference btw both. D problem i am having is tring to understand y any religion (islam) will promise is people (muslim) a reward for killing innocent people.pls Explain if u can.
The ignorance of you guyz that we have been trying to correct. Did you catch that from the air? Or you think you will still be living(talkless of typing that hoax here) if what you typed there is true?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by dulaman: 5:49pm On May 10, 2013
thats the message th op is trying to pass. Find out. not what you hear
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2013
Op good one!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Jankoller(m): 5:56pm On May 10, 2013
AbdH:
Error! Jesus was not a Christian.
Explain what you mean before i ban you for life.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by AbdH: 5:56pm On May 10, 2013
guonno: You just come here they come talk rubbish? Islam is the father of violence, ask mohammad in ur prayers and he shal reveal it to u. Every peaceful muslim does not practice islam, their peaceful nature could be because of their tribal culture or fear.
No! On the contrary, every violent Muslim doesn't practise Islam as it should. The peaceful nature of Muslims is as a result of what the Prophet Mohammad SAW preached while the violence in some Muslims are due to many factors but definitely not religion unless they want to hide behind it as an excuse.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by AbdH: 5:58pm On May 10, 2013
Jan koller.:
Explain what you mean before i ban you for life.
Disprove it first.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by safarigirl(f): 5:58pm On May 10, 2013
Why was my post hidden? It's in contradiction to the second rule of the NL constitution. Bullying me by hiding my post ain't gonna change my opinion or that of millions of others. And neither will this thread, stop wasting time and mb with your twisted explanations.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by banislam: 5:58pm On May 10, 2013
i just dey luk una angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband / Eid-adha 2022: Post The Prices Of Animals At Your Location Here / Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.