Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" (17348 Views)

8 DISTINCT Differences Between ISLAM And BOKOHARAM / Who Can Diffrentiate Between ISLAM OR MUSLIM?? / A Comparison Between Islam, Christianity And Judaism And The Choice Between ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by igomen: 7:40pm On May 10, 2013
By their fruits you shall know them. The religion you claim is just a label. Your character says a lot about you..
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Ikenganri(m): 7:45pm On May 10, 2013
Rubbish! There is no difference. Without muslims, islam wouldn't have existed. It would have died with mohamed. Have u wondered why out of thousands of religion in this world islam is always singled out for violence?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 7:55pm On May 10, 2013
cold:
Bruva puleeze!This defence is so feeble it's not even funny.No doubting there are Muslims in the JTF make up but are they the only ones in the CT (counter-terrorism)force?Not to talk of being in the majority.But I digress.The op was desperately trying to extrapolate Islam from Muslims & i reiterate the fact that is simply not possible.You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.No religion exists in a vacuum,people practise religion.What we have today with the Islamic faith is a lot of rotten wood & some mahogany.

Strawman arguments all the way. As unstable as the North is at the moment, it is clearly obvious that majority of the population who are Muslims don't support Boko Haram. If they did, Boko Haram would not rely on Guerilla tactics, it would have an army larger than the Nigerian Armed Forces.

If you say I am wrong, do the maths. What is the population of the North, what percentage is Muslim?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by lanrexlan(m): 7:58pm On May 10, 2013
Ikenga nri: Rubbish! There is no difference. Without muslims, islam wouldn't have existed. It would have died with mohamed. Have u wondered why out of thousands of religion in this world islam is always singled out for violence?
That's the mistake many people do make brother,prophet muhammed(pbuh) isn't the founder of Islam.Islam has been in existence since the first man adam(pbuh) set foot on earth.Islam is derived from the arabic word 'salam' which means 'peace,and also the word 'selem' which means to submits one's will to ALLAH(swt).In short,Islam is peace acquired by submitting one's will to ALLAH(swt),the creator and cherisher of humans.A muslim is someone that submits his/her will to the creator(ALLAH).Every religion has its bad sheep,so don't judge Islam by its followers,judge Islam by its scripture The glorious QURAN......Peace.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 8:07pm On May 10, 2013
It is quite funny that people who would not pass Islamic Religious Studies at Primary 1 level, come to Nairaland and claim to be experts.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by cold(m): 8:09pm On May 10, 2013
maclatunji:

Strawman arguments all the way. As unstable as the North is at the moment, it is clearly obvious that majority of the population who are Muslims don't support Boko Haram. If they did, Boko Haram would not really on Guerilla tactics, it would have an army larger than the Nigerian Armed Forces.

If you say I am wrong, do the maths. What is the population of the North, what percentage is Muslim?
I think you're the one hanging unto straws here.The crux of the argument is...is there a difference between Islam and Muslims?The obvious answer to that is a capital NO!Islam is a religion practised by Muslims,no?At the risk of sounding repetitive,you cannot separate a religion from the practitioners.A religion without its followers is deemed extinct.It is the enthusiasm,perseverance and dedication of the holders of such faith that keeps the religion alive.You get the point now?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Ikenganri(m): 8:17pm On May 10, 2013
lanrexlan: That's the mistake many people do make brother,prophet muhammed(pbuh) isn't the founder of Islam.Islam has been in existence since the first man adam(pbuh) set foot on earth.Islam is derived from the arabic word 'salam' which means 'peace,and also the word 'selem' which means to submits one's will to ALLAH(swt).In short,Islam is peace acquired by submitting one's will to ALLAH(swt),the creator and cherisher of humans.A muslim is someone that submits his/her will to the creator(ALLAH).Every religion has its bad sheep,so don't judge Islam by its followers,judge Islam by its scripture The glorious QURAN......Peace.
stop being an extrimist! Adam was never a muslim neither were his children. Islam started with mohamed. Again, there is nothing like good muslims, all muslims are the same only that some don't have chance to show the stuff they are made of. Egypt,morroco,algeria,libya,somalia,sudan,pakistan,syria northern nigeria,iran,iraq are always in war and violence every time. So where are the good muslims located?. This thread is like a school whom students have been performing very poor in every exam for years coming out to tell the public that they should not mind the poor students, that they are a quality school with best teachers. Where as it doesn't reflect in their students' performance.

4 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by MrAlfa: 8:17pm On May 10, 2013
Op, firstly, I have a problem with your moniker.

Secondly, your post makes no sense. Muslims all over nl supported the quarantining of their section. Infact it is called Islam for Muslims. Your religion does not make any difference between the two. I agree that people may not always reflect their religion but where a distinct majority, (about 99%) behave in a particular way, I will say that that way is that religion.

In my place, there is a saying: As you behave, so are you called.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nonybb: 8:18pm On May 10, 2013
cold:
I think you're the one hanging unto straws here.The crux of the argument is...is there a difference between Islam and Muslims?The obvious answer to that is a capital NO!Islam is a religion practised by Muslims,no?At the risk of sounding repetitive,you cannot separate a religion from the practitioners.A religion without its followers is deemed extinct.It is the enthusiasm,perseverance and dedication of the holders of such faith that keeps the religion alive.You get the point now?
u are correct bro

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 9:06pm On May 10, 2013
Mr4tunate:

That's a lie, tell anybody dat says that to give u evidence either from the Qur'an or Hadeeth. In fact the rule in Islam is that whoever kills a soul is like someone who killed d whole human race nd will be punished by his creator as such. When the prophet Muhammad (SAW) was asked to explain d meaning of this statement he simply replied "just imagine if Adam had been killed". Brother hope i've answered u question

That yarn no make sense...Adam was the first man, now tell me which other man was there that would have killed him? And if there were others that means his killing would have nothin to do with the human race...my guy Imagine your prophet yarn. The thing no arrange well..
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Ardedaryor(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2013
@op ....i cnt figure out d diffrence from your post...as the topic stated
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Ardedaryor(m): 9:13pm On May 10, 2013
@op ....i cnt figure out d diffrence from your post...as ur topic stated
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by lanrexlan(m): 9:20pm On May 10, 2013
Ikenga nri: stop being an extrimist! Adam was never a muslim neither were his children. Islam started with mohamed. Again, there is nothing like good muslims, all muslims are the same only that some don't have chance to show the stuff they are made of. Egypt,morroco,algeria,libya,somalia,sudan,pakistan,syria northern nigeria,iran,iraq are always in war and violence every time. So where are the good muslims located?. This thread is like a school whom students have been performing very poor in every exam for years coming out to tell the public that they should not mind the poor students, that they are a quality school with best teachers. Where as it doesn't reflect in their students' performance.
Brother,where's your proof that adam(pbuh) and his children weren't muslims? Every prophet is a muslim,muhammed(pbuh)wasn't the founder of Islam,he's the last and final messenger of ALLAH.If every muslim is the same,causing violence they should have killed you too.The media will just portraits the bad sheep of islam to the people,don't follow what the media says about islam or people,go and study islam yourself....Peace

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Kairoseki77: 9:22pm On May 10, 2013
AbdH:
If true, I can't help but wonder why you haven't been killed yet.

I am well armed.

If Boko boys come after me, I'm sending some of them to meet Allah.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 9:24pm On May 10, 2013
AbdH:

You make it sounds as if the killer cannot be killed...abeg reason well.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by krones: 9:26pm On May 10, 2013
Invalid!
AbdH:
Because you are a killer doesn't imply that you can kill everybody. Use ur sense puleese!
*no offense intended*

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 9:28pm On May 10, 2013
AbdH:
i love your reply smiley

As in if non-muslims believes that all muslims are killers then i wonder how my christian neighbours are still living...

Preists molest boys, agreed on gay marriage... Christians fought wars called crusading, now are all christians molester and murderer?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Abrakhan: 9:32pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=tspun]we known there is difference btw both. D problem i am having is tring to understand y any religion (islam) will promise is people (muslim) a reward for killing innocent people.pls Explain if u can.[/quote
Reference? plz
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 9:36pm On May 10, 2013
Kairoseki77:

I am well armed.

If Boko boys come after me, I'm sending some of them to meet Allah.
if all muslim are sucide bomber you shouldn't be typing now grin

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Cocodiva: 9:36pm On May 10, 2013
Kairoseki77: A Muslim is the person that kills you, Islam is the reason.

So why haven't you been killed ever since? Are there no muslims in the community you reside in? Same goes for those people that "liked" your post
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by lanrexlan(m): 9:38pm On May 10, 2013
tintingz: i love your reply smiley

As in if non-muslims believes that all muslims are killers then i wonder how my christian neighbours are still living...

Preists molest boys, agreed on gay marriage... Christians fought wars called crusading, now are all christians molester and murderer?
Don't mind them jare,they have no point.Most of them are living very close to muslims and they are still alive,if all muslims are the same,causing violence and killing innocent human beings,then there should no non muslims living on earth.Most don't even know killing of innocent souls is forbidden in islam...Peace

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Ikenganri(m): 9:39pm On May 10, 2013
lanrexlan: Brother,where's your proof that adam(pbuh) and his children weren't muslims? Every prophet is a muslim,muhammed(pbuh)wasn't the founder of Islam,he's the last and final messenger of ALLAH.If every muslim is the same,causing violence they should have killed you too.The media will just portraits the bad sheep of islam to the people,don't follow what the media says about islam or people,go and study islam yourself....Peace
prove to me that adam is a muslim. Only prophets in the koran are muslims and not the ones in the bible or else where.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 9:47pm On May 10, 2013
MrAlfa: Op, firstly, I have a problem with your moniker.

Secondly, your post makes no sense. Muslims all over nl supported the quarantining of their section. Infact it is called Islam for Muslims. Your religion does not make any difference between the two. I agree that people may not always reflect their religion but where a distinct majority, (about 99%) behave in a particular way, I will say that that way is that religion.

In my place, there is a saying: As you behave, so are you called.

Simple maths, how many Muslims are there in the world? How do 99% of us behave? Please prove it to us after you have defined the behaviour.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Cocodiva: 9:48pm On May 10, 2013
Bonapart: Muslim? Terrible religion

Going by your post, your religion is worse.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 9:58pm On May 10, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Coco diva:

So why haven't you been killed ever since? Are there no muslims in the community you reside in? Same goes for those people that "liked" your post

Back in 95 one of your brethren (northern muslim) tried to bury his dagger in my chest..because I made a joke about his prophet. Is that not enough reason to be on guard around Muslims? Including southern Muslims ...

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Abrakhan: 9:59pm On May 10, 2013
ddippset: what difference are you looking for again na? they are both nouns. islam is the abstract noun, muslim is the proper noun. islam is the religion, muslim is the person.
Check your Grammar what is Proper noun? you said muslim is PROPER noun. Chineke!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Abrakhan: 10:07pm On May 10, 2013
Ikenga nri: prove to me that adam is a muslim. Only prophets in the koran are muslims and not the ones in the bible or else where.
Prophet Adam is muslim because he worshipped only one and TRUE God according to Quran chapter 2.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 10:08pm On May 10, 2013
Abrakhan.:

Check your Grammar what is Proper noun? you said muslim is PROPER noun. Chineke!

This is just an example you have pointed out. Too many inept minds trying to run wild here. They will find me here to handle them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband / Eid-adha 2022: Post The Prices Of Animals At Your Location Here / Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.