Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency (16267 Views)

Harassment Of PDP Leaders Is Buhari’s Achievement – Fayose / ‘Harassment Of National Assembly May Lead To Buhahi’s Impeachment’ - Agbazuere / I Was Told To Warn Amaechi By Aso Rock But... - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Nobody: 9:59am On May 09, 2013
OWERRI — Governors bound for All Progressives Congress, APC, have decried the continuing harassment and intimidation of Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State by The Presidency and agencies of the Federal Government.

This was part of the communiqué issued after their closed door meeting in Owerri and read by the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomole.

They also described what was happening in Rivers State as an assault on the Nigerian Constitution and and sovereignty of the nation.

“We are concerned about the development in the polity of Rivers State. What is going on in Rivers State, in our own view, is an assault on the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” the governors stated.

The governors condemned what they called “the open assault”, pointing out that the government formed by the democratic system could not be arbitrarily harassed or intimidated out of office.

“We call on the President to stop the unwarranted harassment of the sovereignty of the nation,” they pleaded.

Reviewing the progress made so far in the planned merger of the federating political parties, the governors expressed satisfaction that APC will give Nigerians an alternative government that will address the problems facing the nation and its citizens.

They enjoined party members to remain resolute, pointing out that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was still plotting fervently to disrupt the merger plan.

“We have noted the development strides going on in Imo State under the rescue mission of Governor Rochas Okorocha in the past two years,” the governors stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/govs-decry-harassment-of-gov-amaechi-by-the-presidency/

2 Likes

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by nep2ra(m): 10:10am On May 09, 2013
wow
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Nobody: 10:12am On May 09, 2013
LOL.......... They are looking for more customers. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by PapaBrowne(m): 10:14am On May 09, 2013
When a President persecutes a Governor, it is sacrilege and desecration of our constitution.
But when a Governor does same to a Local Government Chairman, it is very alright.
Because Governors see themselves as what? Some kind superhuman?

Most of these Governors strangulate our development on the Local Government Level by preventing LGA elections in thier states.

60 Likes

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by headtoto: 10:15am On May 09, 2013
"And Nigerians are a very funny people. They call Jonathan ‘Jonadunce’ ‘weak’ ‘clueless’ and so on. When Amaechi was talking tough, they said “see o, Ordinary Amaechi, Jonathan cannot handle”. Now that Jonathan wants to show Amaechi small pepper, they are calling him a despot!

I heard that the ACN are saying the President is being ‘despotic’ (I wonder if they know the meaning of the word). I feel they have no moral grounds here. Bola Tinubu when he was Lagos State Governor removed 2 deputy governors: Akerele Bucknor and Femi Pedro for standing up to him and questioning his authority."

36 Likes

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Ukpahj: 10:17am On May 09, 2013
how is Amaechi being harrass?
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Nobody: 10:17am On May 09, 2013
Make him try jump ship na e go dey like film for em eye.
PH go dey like self contain
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Joyfullyme: 10:19am On May 09, 2013
Good question my brother how is Ameachi being harassed ?
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by darlynlara(f): 10:20am On May 09, 2013
"Assault" it wuld soon be molested, but when a governor would do that to a local government chairman it wuld b right before hes eyes,Amaechi has started gathering followers abi?

1 Like

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by aminho(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2013
#21rulesofnairaland on twitter
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Dondbuzor: 10:22am On May 09, 2013
amaechi just lyk u where told earliar, u cant be both in ruling and opposition d same time.
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Scarpon(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2013
they should leave my guy alone
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Joyfullyme: 10:34am On May 09, 2013
Scarpon: they should leave my guy alone
Thats what Lucky has done. He has left him alone to face his goliaths.
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Nobody: 10:35am On May 09, 2013
Amaechi, you dey form sharp guy?

So you be APC all these while ?

Do you think PDP would ever want to loose Ph? You think they don't regret they don't have Lagos?

Amaechi ,you can't eat your banga and still have it!
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Jilo83(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2013
Jona should leave dis man alone, e don do
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Gamji007: 10:37am On May 09, 2013
PDP is gradually loosing Rivers state, one of the three most important states for political calculation. That's good news for the opposition.

More states to follow.
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by oloriooko(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2013
what good are these bunch of money-mongers to Nigerians.

rubbish over nonsense angry angry angry
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by classyS: 10:40am On May 09, 2013
What eva is happening,they al deceive it,I don't see anything rung wit What GDLUCK is doin,because when a governor wants to take his actions he doesn't ask for permission or d consequences,in dis country they made us believe anything goes.Funny undecided
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Nobody: 10:42am On May 09, 2013
no weapon fashioned against amaechi shall prosper. he did it before and he will do it agn!!....#this 21 decree still send shivers down my fingers as i type, i just hope i didnt break any of them#

4 Likes

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by theripper3: 10:43am On May 09, 2013
Is this some kind of pity party or what?
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Maxymilliano(m): 10:45am On May 09, 2013
Funny bunch of strange bedfellows using Amaechi's travail to attract sympathy from Nigerians.

Oshiomole that couldn't guarantee one-man-one-vote in the last Local council election in Edo is talking about an assault to the constitution.

Yeye ...

9 Likes

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:49am On May 09, 2013
Whom the gods will kill, they first turn mad!
Jonathan.....hmm
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Ozonna(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2013
Maxymilliano: Funny bunch of strange bedfellows using Amaechi's travail to attract sympathy from Nigerians.

Oshiomole that couldn't guarantee one-man-one-vote in the last Local council election in Edo is talking about an assault to the constitution.

Yeye ...

I wonder my brother!!!

These Men have no moral right to talk about whatever is happening between Presidency and Amaechi. They're no better than President GEJ

1 Like

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by Kingslaw(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2013
Hahhaaa! grin
somehow they are begin our presido...to free amaechi for them-the same amaechi wey de form lord of ph.abeg jor.

To U Seun,so u don finally remove that your mohamed law of the gentiles hmm!
Please make sure your quotes is not ofensive to Christianity(I LOVE JESUS).

1 Like

Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by ckkris: 10:56am On May 09, 2013
Gamji007: PDP is gradually loosing Rivers state, one of the three most important states for political calculation. That's good news for the opposition.

More states to follow.
Hallucination
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by max1113(m): 10:56am On May 09, 2013
Imanuelle: Amaechi, you dey form sharp guy?

So you be APC all these while ?

Do you think PDP would ever want to loose Ph? You think they don't regret they don't have Lagos?

Amaechi ,you can't eat your banga and still have it!
Tanx bro. He thut he's gonna hv it. Snitch ameachi mctheeeeeew
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by vlove1: 10:58am On May 09, 2013
Jilo83: Jona should leave dis man alone, e don do

Spare Jona alone

AMECHI MUST ANSWER WHAT HE DID WITH RIVERS ALLOCATION THAT LED TO HIS BORROWING FROM BANKS, THE AIRCRAFT REGISTRATION,
AMECHI HAS FINISHED RIVERS PEOPLE, DAT THE NEXT GOVERNOR WILL BE SETTLING DEBTS ALL THRU HIS TENURE.

GOD HAS ARISEN TO DISGRACE THE THIEF
Re: Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency by abagoro(m): 11:01am On May 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: When a President persecutes a Governor, it is sacrilege and desecration of our constitution.
But when a Governor does same to a Local Government Chairman, it is very alright.
Because Governors see themselves as what? Some kind superhuman?

Most of these Governors strangulate our development on the Local Government Level by preventing LGA elections in thier states.

The Governors have actually killed the Local Government system. I think we should make all the 3 tiers independent or operate a federal system with each State being almost independent.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teachers Begin Strike In 11 States / 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping / EFCC Re-arraigns Timipre Sylva For N2.45bn Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.