Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Shettima Adopts Kids Of Slain Policeman, Gives Victims With N5m - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Shettima Adopts Kids Of Slain Policeman, Gives Victims With N5m (599 Views)

Danish Woman Adopts 'Witchcraft' Boy And Gives Him A New Name (Photo) / Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shettima Adopts Kids Of Slain Policeman, Gives Victims With N5m by kolaunited(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2013
Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State yesterday adopted three children of one of the 22 policemen killed during Tuesday
morning coordinated attacks by Boko Haram insurgents on various security formations in Bama Local Government area of the state.
The adopted kids, Saviour, Emmanuel and John lost both parents in the bloody attacks
when the invaders raided the Bama mobile police barracks.
The siblings were presented to the governor by top police officials when he visited various scenes of the incident as well as 35 mobile squad base, where families and
relations of slain police personnel are being accommodated following the destruction of
their barracks by the rampaging insurgents.
At the refugee camp, where 300 Internally Displaced Persons, (IDPs), mostly women and children were being sheltered, the
governor, who was visibly piqued by the onslaught, urged the bereaved families to consider the ugly trends as an Act of God.
Shettima, who was led by the Bama Police Area Commander, ACP Sagir Abubakar, gave the assurance that government has adopted concrete security measures to forestall recurrence of the incident.
While appealing to them to remain calm, Shettima equally donated N5 million to the relations and families of the slain police officers as a palliative intervention to cushion their sufferings.
He also told families of the victims that he decided to adopt the three orphans to offer meaningful contributions to their up-
bringing.
The governor said: “It is not easy to lose a soul, but the case of these children is quite different as they lost their parents. For this, I
am personally adopting them and will treat them as my own children. In fact from now on, they will be under my care, their feeding, education, shelter and other needs will be under my responsibility.”
The Police Area Commander, however, thanked the governor for the gesture, saying police are ever ready to continue partnering with the state government to
end the insurgency.
He also told the governor that the
whereabouts of the Divisional Police Office (DPO) remained unknown as he was neither found dead or alive and that contact with him was still not established.
The governor also visited the palace of the Shehu of Bama, Alhaji Kyari Ibn Ibrahim El-Kanemi, which shares fence with the Bama prison yard where 14 prison personnel were killed in the onslaught.
Shettima later returned to the Government House in Maiduguri in the evening in company of the adopted kids.
Re: Shettima Adopts Kids Of Slain Policeman, Gives Victims With N5m by obyrich(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2013
the
governor, who was visibly piqued by the onslaught, urged the bereaved families to consider the ugly trends as an Act of God.

Please FG should ban this god whose act leaves untold hardship, death and woes among Nigerians. When the chips are down, we shall know if it is God or you, that is behind the bloodletting.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Children's Day To All 25years And Above Staying In Their Fathers' House / To The Married Ladies In The House. / 10 Funny Things I Usually Do When I Was Small

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.