Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? (16651 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by vikel2104: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
I have noticed that kids of nowadays tend to grow up too fast. My neighbour's 2-year old daughter speaks words that are beyond her age. She can make complete sentences and follow conversations. In fact I had to confirm from her mum if she's really just 2 years old. Sometimes I feel it is not safe to discuss secrets when these kids are around. The other day, my friend's daughter who is also 2 years and some months walked alone all the way from their house through a somewhat lonely path to meet her dad somewhere in the neighbourhood. These days you see 10 year olds talking and behaving like 15 year olds. I am sometimes amazed at what goes on in the heads of these kids. I just think that these kids are going up at a faster rate than their parents when they were their age. Have you noticed this? What do you think?

31 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by eleojo23: 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
I think the kids of today are more exposed than their parents were during their time. I recently met my 10 year old cousin for the first time and I was suprised at what she knows and says. She also looks bigger than her age. Nevertheless, even though they may look and act all grown up, they still possess the vulnerabilities of children.

54 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
yea I saw a three months old baby growing teeth , I was surprised

9 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by crackhaus: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
I believe early education has a major role to play.

Did you know there was a time when kids would be admitted into primary/elementary 1 only if they can touch an ear on one side of the body using the hand from the opposite side crossed over their head?
These days, even kindergarten/day-care classes already teach kids how to count up to 200 and make correct sentences.

Then there's also the media and internet.

19 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by pickabeau1: 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
eleojo23: I think the kids of today are more exposed than their parents were during their time. I recently met my 10 year old cousin for the first time and I was suprised at what she knows and says. But nevertheless, even though they may act all grown up, they still possess the vulnerabilities of children.

true.... emotional maturity is still behind

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by bintudon(f): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yes it really good for then to be sharp in a positive way, these can help ur baby in different way, call 07031085295/ email: ogboi.bintu@yahoo.com
Ad details
UNLEASH THE GENIUS IN YOUR CHILD !!
Our kids KOBO Android Educational Tablet is a perfect tool for
your child. It comes with different apps that
makes learning fun for your child/Ward. From
different learning apps to educative games like
kids learn maths,
Kids learn english, kids learn french, kids phonetic, kids word pronounciation
Kids letter words, animal world, kids animal play, kids 123 connects, kids Bible stories,
kids Quran, Kids Bible, Piano and Guitar, adult maths formulary, kids science,
Kids multiplication, kids memory tester, meaning of names, kids first aid learner, kids lab, kids colour identifier, human body's
, Nigeria food preparation, talking sataclus, talking Tom, talking Agella
lessons, Montessori apps, Geography for kids,
and lots of over 50 exciting apps, our KOBO Android
Educational tab is truly a tool to unleash the genius in your
child/ward. By letting your kids play
educational games, they will be able to acquire
new skills or improve the skills they already
have and use the skills they newly learned.
Our Android tab for kids allows your child to
learn
- Colors
- The musical notes
- Numbers - Memory, with the memory cards
- The logic to solve puzzles
- The animals, their names and sounds
- Paint, to be creative, with a simple game
suitable for children
- Distinguish and associate forms
- Responsiveness, psychomotor apparatus
- Apparatus psychomotor and spatial vision,
usingthe labyrinth with accelerometer
- Associate and relate
- Distinguish shapes and colors
Thinking of what to make your child busy or a
way of unleashing the hidden potential in you
child, our kiddies android tab is the best
solution.
Ad details
designed to aid the improvement of intelligence quotient in kids between 2-14 years through highly educational android apps. it comes in 4 colours (blue,pink,red,yellow,orange,purple)
ram:512mb
flash:4gb (extendable to 32gb)
camera:front 2mp,rear 4mp.
Google play store
Whatsapp

Google play store, WiFi, whatsapp, Skype, twitter etc 07031085295

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by KanwuliaJara: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
How else would they grow up? undecided
Signs of the times. . . get with the program or DIE OF STROKE! kiss

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
Maybe its due to the genetically modified chemicals all in the name baby food,and early exposure to gadgets also a major effect. My two years old nephew knows how to pick a call when a phone rings,and he will be shouting "hello". He knows how to press the TV remote,and how to dispense water from the dispenser..I find all these amazing.

12 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Mutuwa(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
My four year old dota manipulates android: she knows where d pix are,d vids and d games,infact she uses d camera for a selfie.
She knows how to put on d dvd disk to play her favourite toons.

8 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by greatgod2012(f): 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
Early education, media/gadgets and level of exposure are the main causes of this seemingly speedy growth with our urban/city kids, go to a remote village and see where a 10-12 years old kid still in his/her pants and delights to play with sand, uses bottle crown as a pot, while the content being cooked is leaves soaked in sandy water and broken brooms/match-sticks as firewood.......lol.......

I was at a place with my daughter in my profile pics, she's just 5.5 years old, and was referring to a girl of almost double of her age a "small girl" because the said girl was eating rice with bare hands......lol, i quickly shut her up, so that the other girl won't feel bad........ Abeg, exposure ni jare.
Our kids are exposed to too many things that are supposed to be acquinted with adults and that's why they reason like adults when they are still suppose to be kids.
May God help us and our kids jare.

3 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by greatgod2012(f): 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mutuwa: My four year old dota manipulates android: she knows where d pix are,d vids and d games,infact she uses d camera for a selfie.
She knows how to put on d dvd disk to play her favourite toons.

can you believe that my 8+ years old have once told me that he also want to be a registered NL member,,,,,,,,,he knows how to access the internet..............chai.......awon omo ode iwoyi, they are just too exposed.............may God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Caracta(f): 12:09am On Aug 18, 2014
@OP, very true. My nephew just clocked one year and he understands "come", "go", "clap for yourself". He has started forming words too. He knows what a mobile phone is used for and smiles for photographs.

Children learn faster these days. Quite impressive.

22 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by chuqudy(m): 3:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Yep, they are growing fast, Another form of Evolution.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by MrDoGood(m): 4:01am On Aug 18, 2014
Caracta: @OP, very true. My nephew just clocked one year and he understands "come", "go", "clap for yourself". He has started forming words too. He knows what a mobile phone is used for and smiles for photographs.

Children learn faster these days. Quite impressive.
u said d truth and no lies in it. if na some people dey go add dia own join

9 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by MrDoGood(m): 4:04am On Aug 18, 2014
the same thing our parents said too while we were growing up.
it's normal.
change is d only constant thing in life.
this is another generation.

13 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by gbaskiboy: 4:24am On Aug 18, 2014
End time children......

12 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 18, 2014
I think its a sign you are growing old, sorry.

5 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by sunnywhyt(m): 4:38am On Aug 18, 2014
I think yes...nt sure oo, coz i have none for now to b sure of it.

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 18, 2014
My 3 year old nephew can sing chris browns part in LOOK @ ME NOW. . #SupaWeired

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by flowjoe: 4:53am On Aug 18, 2014
Thanks to technology ..when my 2 year old cousin can play motion detector car race on iPad & my 13 year old bro can drive (automatic tho) grin
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by alentyno: 5:08am On Aug 18, 2014
greatgod2012:

can you believe that my 8+ years old have once told me that he also want to be a registered NL member,,,,,,,,,he knows how to access the internet..............chai.......awon omo ode iwoyi, they are just too exposed.............may God help us.
This one is serious o!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Ptoocool(m): 5:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Well, if u've said its all due to technoloqy, u miqht be riqht. Nevertheless, environment also play an active role in all these..
Cos u cant see α child qrowinq up in α slum possessinq some of dis attributes..

U cant expect a child who hv never seen α fone beinq used b4 sayinq 'eyo' like some people claim..
Also, ah been dey suspect say all dis modern baby food been qet NPK in dem, so diaz dis tendency for α 2yr old pikin to look like α 12yrs somebody, am i exaqqeratinq?

5 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by chimexcomm(m): 5:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Hmmm, Odikwa Egwu
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Edipee(m): 5:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Why wont they grow? Too much of indomie and egg.

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 5:15am On Aug 18, 2014
end time tinz i guess. undecided
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by kobonaire(m): 5:25am On Aug 18, 2014
It's a cycle ... our parents said the same of us .... Our grand parents said the same of our parents ....

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Aromas: 5:27am On Aug 18, 2014
greatgod2012: Early education, media/gadgets and level of exposure are the main causes of this seemingly speedy growth with our urban/city kids, go to a remote village and see where a 10-12 years old kid still in his/her pants and delights to play with sand, uses bottle crown as a pot, while the content being cooked is leaves soaked in sandy water and broken brooms/match-sticks as firewood.......lol.......

I was at a place with my daughter in my profile pics, she's just 5.5 years old, and was referring to a girl of almost double of her age a "small girl" because the said girl was eating rice with bare hands......lol, i quickly shut her up, so that the other girl won't feel bad........ Abeg, exposure ni jare.
Our kids are exposed to too many things that are supposed to be acquinted with adults and that's why they reason like adults when they are still suppose to be kids.
May God help us and our kids jare.
Amin o
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by NaLaugh: 5:28am On Aug 18, 2014
You gotta keep up.

Then again, Naija kids are a little slower to develop coherent speech, and they speak soooooooo slow. Like person wey drink palmi cheesy

The other time wey i enter Naija, one of my 5 year old cousin was like:

"myyyyyy muuuummmyyy sayyyyyy thaaaaatt yoouuuu shool com an' eaaaaaaat"

18 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 18, 2014
My neighbour's kid, though he has grown tall, seem to be in his own world where nothing happens. Infact ignorance dey worry the boy! He hates school like his grand father and prefers to sit out by their gate with their security man.

He knows how to fix cars though...

8 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Godfullsam(m): 5:48am On Aug 18, 2014
It is due to the consumption of highly chemicalised baby foods. Baby foods containing alot of calcium and potasium enhances the growth of bones and promote shaper brain. There is also early exposure to gadgets, technology and enducation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Puma Slides Available For Sale. 100% AUTHENTIC. / Parenting In The Digital Age / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.