Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari (44323 Views)

Jim Iyke Gets Tattoos Of Nadia's Twins On His Arm? / Beautiful Faces Of Nadia Buari / Holiday Photos Of Nadia Buari Looking Super Fit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Ogonimilitant(m): 4:39pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Shut up. You think hating light skin ladies translate to a strong african mentality?
You're just as worse off as another asshoe hating darkskin ladies.
Africans come in every shade, loving them all is mandatory for our self-identity.
I don't have time for low life hur like you
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by supaeagles(m): 4:39pm On May 10, 2013
Orikinla: Ghanaian divas are advertising themselves on Nairaland for Nigerian guys, because we are hotter than their guys.
Ha ha - think of what you just said..... If Ghanian girls are advertising themselves on NL it is because there are looking for the real men since they are probably frustrated with the fellas back in Accra (or any other town.gh)
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Ironi: 4:40pm On May 10, 2013
Orikinla: Ghanaian divas are advertising themselves on Nairaland for Nigerian guys, because we are hotter than their guys.

...Ghanaian divas advertising themselves for Nigerian guys with small dicks? Naaaaah. hehehehehe.

True talk, that is what the studies say. cheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

So that you can have a free pass to insult that ethnicity?
Nah dawg.....

, are u all right?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

You should at least give us one ethnicity? Or you weren't listening in class? I think light worship is in Asian culture not African.

There were surveys conducted in several west african countries such as Senegal and Nigeria.

Also Cameroon, Somalia, Kenya. Can't recall specific groups.

Congo is one of several countries though were darker skin and fuller facial features were favored prior to colonialism.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 10, 2013
shymexx:

I doubt that. Perhaps, they were alluding to African Americans and Africans in the new world. And obviously, that's understandable.

However, pre-colonial Africa never had that mentality. The use of black make-up et al also prove your assertion wrong. You need to understand that most of these anthropology books were written by racists to intentionally mis-educate people. These were the same people who wiped Africa and its achievements off the history books. And that's more reason why we need more unbiased books about pre-colonial Africa.

You may be right.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
, are u all right?

undecided undecided undecided

Don't question me before I have a cup of my coffee, boy!
In 20 mins.....
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 10, 2013
In Nigeria, pretty much all the major ethnic groups favored light skin and/or thin facial features.

I am typing from my phone and can't copy/paste studies.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:
In Nigeria, pretty much all the major ethnic groups favored light skin and/or thin facial features.

I am typing from my phone and can't copy/paste studies.

Doesn't explain why the likes of Omotola are married more than the likes of Genevieve.
Gene with her think features and dark skin finds it hard to pull men, unlike the likes of Omotola with her light skin and thick features.
Yea yea, there are other extraneous factors.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

There were surveys conducted in several west african countries such as Senegal and Nigeria.

Congo is one of several countries though were darker skin and fuller facial features were favored prior to colonialism.

Are they recent? Because she said the study is in his anthropology book, also can you provide a link? And what were the questions?

Because if you show me a beautiful white girl and an ugly African girl, I'm not going to pick the African girl for the sake of it.

Also white are object of curiosity in some remote parts of our countries, so one can pick a "white" not because he favors white things/people but because he is curious and it is his first time to see someone/something different.

And I don't think Cameroon was involved ,never heard about that survey
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by legendarysegzi(m): 4:47pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

I'm also tired of seeing Nadia's thread on FP.
The Mods have now realized that like Tonto's threads, Nadia's threads are getting unnecessary attentions.
Believe it or not, Nadia has now become a NL household name.
it's like were on the same page.leave those freakin mods,they keep fantasising about d b##
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Don't question me before I have a cup of my coffee, boy!
In 20 mins.....
you need 20min to drink a cup of coffee? Wow
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: lmao, I won't stalk you , but I'm sure we will meet on another thread. cool cool don't have time to stalk people, lol talk less about stalking them on a faceless forum

Ok, no problem smiley
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you need 20min to drink a cup of coffee? Wow

Yea, it's that good. Gotta savor every drop.
You gotta try it.

OFFTOPIC: I wonder why the western media don't emphasis on non-african traditional cultures who darken their skin as a form of power and beauty. Mehn, these European turkeys really damaged worldwide beauty perspective.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 10, 2013
Well, as you say Omotola is relatively lighter-skinned compared to genevieve. She has a one-up "advantage" looks-wise.

In her younger and thinner days she had a tyra banks type of look.

EDIT: I don't think that Genevieve lacks male attention though. Marriage may be another topic if we want to discuss it.

Texas.Cowgirl:

Doesn't explain why the likes of Omotola are married more than the likes of Genevieve.
Gene with her think features and dark skin finds it hard to pull men, unlike the likes of Omotola with her light skin and thick features.
Yea yea, there are other extraneous factors.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Yea, it's that good. Gotta savor every drop.
You gotta try it.

OFFTOPIC: I wonder why the western media don't emphasis on non-african traditional cultures who darken their skin as a form of power and beauty. Mehn, these European turkeys really damaged worldwide beauty perspective.

I don't drink coffee.

And good point, but they(Western medias) are not going to promote what they are not , you don't except Nigerian media to promote Cameroonian culture etc so the question should b what are we doing to promote ourselves, our features, etc ....the funny part is when you speak about promoting African features, the people putting you down are African they even call u racist blah blah ..so
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Rossikk(m): 4:55pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Who said she was white?

Oh what colour was she then? Care to share?

You think we take classes without books like in Nigeria?

Save your dumbness and stupidi.ty for your siblings on your level. I read a Masters degree in the UK and they were hardly any books as such used for lectures. Book are old hat.

You want to start this mental slavery nonsense shoit with me again?
Bring it on......
If you wish to perpetrate mental slavery by white skin worship bordering on your lies and inventions of lecturers' supposed claims, be ready to be spat on here.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 10, 2013
The surveys I read were dated in the 30's-50's, to be honest.

CAMEROONPRIDE:

Are they recent? Because she said the study is in his anthropology book, also can you provide a link? And what were the questions?

Because if you show me a beautiful white girl and an ugly African girl, I'm not going to pick the African girl for the sake of it.

Also white are object of curiosity in some remote parts of our countries, so one can pick a "white" not because he favors white things/people but because he is curious and it is his first time to see someone/something different.

And I don't think Cameroon was involved ,never heard about that survey
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:
The surveys I read were dated in the 30's-50's, to be honest.

lmao , I understand what I never heard about that lol..anyway when you can provide a link.thanks
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Rossikk(m): 4:59pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

SHOW US THE STUDIES LET US SCRUTINIZE THEM. WE DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR CLAIM WITHOUT EVIDENCE.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 10, 2013
Rossikk:

Oh what colour was she then? Care to share?

Save your dumbness and stupidi.ty for your siblings on your level. I read a Masters degree in the UK and they were hardly any books as such used for lectures. Book are old hat.

If you wish to perpetrate mental slavery by white skin worship bordering on your lies and inventions of lecturers' supposed claims, be ready to be spat on here.

Will telling you her color help you sleep better in your own skin?

You read what? You? Mtchewww *sips my coffee*

You're just as mentally enslaved as Airforce1
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

I don't drink coffee.

And good point, but they(Western medias) are not going to promote what they are not , you don't except Nigerian media to promote Cameroonian culture etc so the question should b what are we doing to promote ourselves, our features, etc ....the funny part is when you speak about promoting African features, the people putting you down are African they even call u racist blah blah ..so

Understandable.

Why Africans bring down black/dark skin women is oblivious to me. I think you're guilty of it too, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Hating light skin does not make you more African.

We come with every shades.....dark, light, caramel, inbetween, blond hair, brown hair, etc.

One African hates light skin and another hates black skin, ultimately hating ourselves in the end.

Makes no sense.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by crisycent: 5:06pm On May 10, 2013
Yea! We all know you are in business class....next pls.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 10, 2013
Rossikk:

SHOW US THE STUDIES LET US SCRUTINIZE THEM. WE DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR CLAIM WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

Ok...will do as soon as I have the chance.
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Understandable.

Why Africans bring down black/dark skin women is oblivious to me. I think you're guilty of it too, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Hating light skin does not make you more African.

We come with every shades.....dark, light, caramel, inbetween, blond hair, brown hair, etc.

One African hates light skin and another hates black skin, ultimately hating ourselves in the end.

Makes no sense.

I guess you aren't done with your cup of coffee.

Anyway I don't hate anyone, I love African girls regardless the shade of their skin.

If you care to know, I have dated more dark/Brown than light skin .

I don't bring them down, lol, if you go by my online rants I don't discriminate , I put down dumb African women esp feminist(which means dumb) .regardless the color of the skin
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Touche. I'm almost done
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Anyway I don't hate anyone, I love African girls regardless the shade of their skin.

If you care to know, I have dated more dark/Brown than light skin .

I don't bring them down, lol, if you go by my online rants I don't discriminate , I put down dumb African women esp feminist(which means dumb) .regardless the color of the skin

wink wink
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 10, 2013
[size=14pt]Nigeria's dangerous skin whitening obsession[/size]

Nigeria has the world's highest percentage of women using skin lightening agents in the quest for "beauty".

Lagos, Nigeria - After carefully washing her face, legs and arms, Taiwo Solomon vigorously rubs cream over her body. She is meticulous and makes sure she covers her entire face. Soloman, 32, is bleaching her skin. She believes fairer skin could be her ticket to a better life. So she spends her meager savings on cheap black-market concoctions that promise to lighten her pigment.

This has been a daily routine for the past 15 years. Now several shades lighter she says her new skin makes her feel more beautiful and confident.

“Bleaching just makes me feel special, like am walking around in a spotlight,” she told Al Jazeera. “I am not seeking to be totally white, I just want to look beautiful. I cannot stop using the lightening agents,” she adds.

Solomon is not alone. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 77 percent of women in Nigeria use skin-lightening products, the world’s highest percentage. That compares with 59 percent in Togo, and 27 percent in Senegal. The reasons for this are varied but most people say they use skin-lighteners because they want "white skin".

In many parts of Africa, lighter-skinned women are considered more beautiful and are believed to be more successful and likely to find marriage.

It's not only women though who are obsessed with bleaching their skins. Some men too are involved in the practice.
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/04/20134514845907984.html
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by smoothcrim2014: 5:21pm On May 10, 2013
Ghanaian here. Why are Nigerias always talking about Skin color! Many of you need some very serious psychological help. This type of talk is common among new world blacks but, they have been under European rule for over 300 years so, what is your excuse for being so obsessed... How many threads are you going to create about this Ghana lady?? She's cute but she probably would not be interested in any of you(I'm just being honest)... She wants a good looking guy! She wants a Ghanaian!!! She wants a Ghanaman!!! grin grin grin By the way her color is natural and not bleach unlike many Nigerians who look like her!! Bleaching is part of the reason why Ghanaian me don't go for Nigerian women. Why go for the bleached face when you can get the real thing if not in Ghana in areas like Brazil, the Caribbean,North America, the UK etc etc !!! In these areas there are numerous people who look like Nadia and she would be nothing special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=illl92AMxTA

[size=24pt]Nigeria disgraced!!![/size]
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 10, 2013
[size=14pt]Africa: Where black is not really beautiful[/size]

'I don't like black skin'
The World Health Organization has reported that Nigerians are the highest users of such products: 77% of Nigerian women use the products on a regular basis. They are followed by Togo with 59%; South Africa with 35%; and Mali at 25%.

Studies have found that men are also beginning to bleach their skin
South Africa banned products containing more than 2% of hydroquinone - the most common active ingredient in in the 1980s. But it is easy to see creams and lotions containing the chemical on the stalls here. Some creams contain harmful steroids and others mercury.

While skin-lightening creams have been used by some South Africans for many years, they have become more common recently with the influx of people from countries such as Nigeria and Democratic Republic of Congo, where they are even more widespread.

In a bustling African market in the centre of Yeoville in Johannesburg, it is skin lighteners galore.

Walking through this community is like walking through a mini-Africa: you can find someone from any part of the continent here.

I notice that many of the women have uncharacteristically light skin faces while the rest of their bodies are darker.

Some even have scabby burns on their cheeks from the harmful chemicals used to strip the skin of pigmentation.

They don't want to speak openly about why they bleach their skin, or even have their pictures taken.

Psychologists say there are also underlying reasons why people bleach their skin - but low self-esteem and, to some degree self-hate, are a common thread.

But skin-lightening is not just a fascination and obsession of women. Congolese hair stylist Jackson Marcelle says he has been using special injections to bleach his skin for the past 10 years. Each injection lasts for six months.

"I pray every day and I ask God, 'God why did you make me black?' I don't like being black. I don't like black skin," he tells me.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20444798
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 10, 2013
I'm about to create a thread for Nigerian/Ghanaian female celeb bleachers.....or whom I suspect is a bleacher.....
Re: Beautiful Pictures of Nadia Buari by smoothcrim2014: 5:22pm On May 10, 2013
shymexx

Some of those creams were originally designed for scars I guess she considers her whole face to be a scar! What a shame!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Wale Ade, Dayo Amusa's Fiance / Kcee Buys New Prado Jeep (Photos) / Ngozi Ezeonu's New Slim Figure (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.