Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,903 members, 7,952,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! (13660 Views)

Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday / Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production / PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 12:01am On May 10, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan may have taken the first anti-corruption step of his presidency against a highly placed government official: Mohammed Bello Adoke, Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation.

In a letter to Otunba Dino Melaye, Executive Secretary of the Anti-Corruption Network, the Nigeria Police Force announced that it is investigating the allegations of corruption, abuse of office and incompetence leveled against the Minister last month in a petition his group sent to the President.

The letter invites Mr. Melaye, to the Police Force Headquarters tomorrow, May 10, in connection with the investigations.

Signed by Commissioner of Police Alli Amodu, it says that theInspector-General of Police directed that a full-scale investigation be conducted into the allegations by the X-Squad which he leads.

It would be recalled that on April 4, the Anti-Corruption Network sent a petition to President Godluck Jonathan in which it accused the Minister of massive corruption, abuse of office and gross incompetence, and asked the President, if his war against corruption was serious, to fire him. The petition contained a lengthy chronicle of allegations against the Minister.

On April 11, the Network wrote another petition in which it reminded President Jonathan of its original petition, and again called on him to get rid of the Minister.

Prior to those activities, in February, another group of anti-corruption campaigners, the Anti-Corruption Coalition, called on Mr. Adoke to resign his office or be prosecuted for “aiding and abetting” corruption in the country.

Similarly, in a report published in January 2012, iReports-ng.com accused Mr. Adoke of secretly operating four secret accounts in which he had $40 million US dollars, 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds and N6.2billion Naira. The Minister denied the reports.

If rumours of the police investigation are true, this will be the first time that Mr. Jonathan is initiating the probe of a member of his cabinet, several of whom faced massive allegations of corruption and are publicly derided by the public.

While this police investigation will be a major boost for the legion of anti-corruption campaigners in the country, one of them raised an immediate flag this evening.

“If Mr. Jonathan actually intends to be taken seriously, he ought to have suspended the Minister while these investigations are going on,” he said. “You cannot leave him in a position where he can influence, and will most likely influence this so-called investigation. Besides, what is the structure of this investigation? Will the public be invited to testify? Will whistleblowers be encouraged? Where do people who have information send it?”

While it seems the police will question Mr. Melaye and askedhim for documents during their meeting tomorrow, it is important to remember that the former federal legislator does not enjoy the best relationship with them. Only last month, he reported that he had been the victim of an assassination attempt in Abuja.

The police denied the claim.

link: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-initiates-probe-agf-mohammed-adoke

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:16am On May 10, 2013
The level of corruption in this country called nigeria stinks to high heaven. angry

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by SLTTM: 1:26am On May 10, 2013
Similarly, in a report published in January 2012, iReports-ng.com accused Mr. Adoke of secretly operating four secret accounts in which he had $40 million US dollars, 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds and N6.2billion Naira.

Pls someone should tell me the truth, am I dreaming?? shocked shocked shocked

omg! it is finished!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Sec5(m): 1:31am On May 10, 2013
story story=story

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 1:32am On May 10, 2013
SLT™:

omg! it is finished!

That is truly mind-boggling!
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 8:05am On May 10, 2013
SLT™:

omg! it is finished!

You are definitely not - a search through NL archives will remove all doubt grin

Nigeria’s Attorney General, Bello Adoke’s Mansions In London, Dubai Uncovered…Sends Security Agents After iReports-ng.com Editors

A week after controversial Nigerian Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke assured that the Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim has been mandated to investigate his bank accounts and make his findings public, mum seems to be the outcome of the police probe.Even as they have failed to make public their findings, further investigations by ireports-ng.com have revealed that the embattled minister is not only tucking some stupendous wealth in Nigerian bank accounts and bluechip companies, he has locked up mansions wasting away in highbrow areas of London, United Kingdom and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Not pleased with our initial reports on his hidden wealth, Mr Adoke has also sent security agents after our correspondents in the nation’s capital, Abuja. In the last one week, state agents have moved round hotels and media gatherings in Abuja trying to source for information about journalists working for ireports-ng.com. They have also continued to harass our office in the United States with threat messages and calls.

Undeterred,our team was able to dig out more information about the unbelievable wealth of a serving Nigerian public official. Our findings have revealed that Mr Adoke has a locked up luxury apartment worth over 2 million Great Britain Pounds at Pinnacle House,in highbrow Colindale area of London(NW9 5FY). He owns Apartment number 42 in the luxury mansion which picture is shown above and below.

To satisfy his insatiable thirst for luxury, Mr Adoke also moved over to the United Arab Emirates where he bought yet another luxury apartment worth over $5 million USD in the prestigious Princess Tower, located in Dubai Marina along Al Sufoul Road, Dubai. This like the one in London, he also locked up.

iReports-ng.com is also on the trail of another mansion in London which was said to have been bought by Adoke for the just retired former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu. In fact, information has it that the former CJN presently lives in the house in London. Kaksina-Alu was the one who nominated Adoke as President Goodluck Jonathan’s Justice Minister.

A source close to security agents in UK and US also told ireports-ng.com recently that law enforcement agencies in the two jurisdictions are also on the trail of Mr Adoke’s assets scattered across the world.

In our earlier postings, we had reported that “Weeks of underground investigations by ireports-ng.com have however revealed more shocking details about Adoke’s secret bank accounts in the nation’s federal capital territory, Abuja. One of such is an account number 002228052782 at a branch of First City Monument Bank located at Plot 252 Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Area Abuja. In the account is a stunning sum of $16 million US dollars.

Further investigations revealed that Adoke is keeping yet another $24 million US dollars in account number 041152000428 with Diamond Bank located at Plot 117 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Wuse 2 while another 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds is also kept in the same account with Diamond Bank.

As if that was not enough, ireports-ng.com also revealed that Nigeria’s Justice Minister operates another secret account with the Ahmadu Bello Way branch of Zenith Bank, Abuja where a whooping sum of N6.2 billion is being kept.”

We had also reported that “A rundown of the documents made available to ireports-ng.com indicate that Adoke is a major investor in Oando Oil which has taken over N228 billion out of the N1.4trillion shared by about 100 oil marketers between January and August, 2011. The Minister has about N1.5 billion investment tucked in Oando Oil PLC. Apart from Oando, available documents also show that Adoke is equally a major investor in Eterna Oil which has within the same period benefitted about N5.57 billion from the fuel subsidy cake. He is said to have about N1 billion investment in the company, with another N2 billion tucked in a company called Novasys Ltd.

It has also been discovered that the Minister has his hands and hidden investments in major banks in the country. Some of them include about N400 million in Oceanic Bank; aboutN200 million in UAC properties; about N20 million in Guaranty Trust Bank; about N360 million in Access Bank; about $400,000 US dollars in MTN; about N1 billion in Japaul Oil& Maritime; about N15 million in Bank PHB; about N100million in First Bank; about N20 million in FCMB and aboutN6 million in Unity Bank PLC among others.”

Source: http://ireports-ng.com/2012/01/22/nigerias-attorney-general-bello-adokes-mansions-in-london-dubai-uncovered-sends-security-agents-after-ireports-ng-com-editors/

https://www.nairaland.com/852340/nigeria-attorney-general-bello-adoke

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by ikweremilitant: 9:16am On May 10, 2013
SLT™:

omg! it is finished!
for Gods sake wat did dis man need dis samount of money for

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 9:36am On May 10, 2013
I yaff heard
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Capnd143(m): 9:40am On May 10, 2013
I am a good fan of Gej bt if this ba.s..tard is not sacked then i wil never vote Gej in 2015. Let me watch
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by dominiceze: 9:46am On May 10, 2013
Chei, am speechlessly, with this kind of wealth his tenth generation to come wil neva be poor, may God help us.
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 9:47am On May 10, 2013
No be that man follow sell our bakassi to Cameroon? Why wont he get such amounts of money plus the ones he gets from the corrupt Judiciary.......................Thunda Fire dem there.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by nep2ra(m): 9:48am On May 10, 2013
A God worshipping country. That tells you a whole lot.

Let the deception continue.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by dridowu: 9:52am On May 10, 2013
If ds probe occur, dn ds is real anti-corruption move but i doubt it
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Jaideyone(m): 9:55am On May 10, 2013
Fingers crossed. Let's pray something good will come out of the probe
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 9:58am On May 10, 2013
Corruption is the only language all Nigerian understand
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by lacasa: 10:00am On May 10, 2013
All na wash. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 10:01am On May 10, 2013
dominic eze: Chei, am speechlessly, with this kind of wealth his tenth generation to come wil neva be poor, may God help us.

That is what they think. Well we will see how they will all end. Half of the money will end up in the hands of people they dont know. Nigeria cannot continue on this track, something just has to give way.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Tinyemeka(m): 10:08am On May 10, 2013
From i-Reportsng:

'In our earlier postings, we had reported that “Weeks of underground investigations by ireports-ng.com have however revealed more shocking details about Adoke’s secret bank accounts in the nation’s federal capital territory, Abuja. One of such is an account number 002228052782 at a branch of First City Monument Bank located at Plot 252 Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Area Abuja. In the account is a stunning sum of $16 million US dollars.

Further investigations revealed that Adoke is keeping yet another $24 million US dollars in account number 041152000428 with Diamond Bank located at Plot 117 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Wuse 2 while another 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds is also kept in the same account with Diamond Bank.

As if that was not enough, ireports-ng.com also revealed that Nigeria’s Justice Minister operates another secret account with the Ahmadu Bello Way branch of Zenith Bank, Abuja where a whooping sum of N6.2 billion is being kept.” '

http://ireports-ng.com/2012/01/22/nigerias-attorney-general-bello-adokes-mansions-in-london-dubai-uncovered-sends-security-agents-after-ireports-ng-com-editors/

Hmmm... These bankers have really goofed. When the chips are down, Adoke might even turn around to sue the banks for breach of fiduciary trust, if the allegations are true.

I guess those are more reasons why these looters prefer Swiss and Cayman Island bank accounts.

But what does one plan to do with all these money bikonu?

Is he an atheist? undecided
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by searay(m): 10:08am On May 10, 2013
CFCfan: President Goodluck Jonathan may have taken the first anti-corruption step of his presidency against a highly placed government official: Mohammed Bello Adoke, Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation.

In a letter to Otunba Dino Melaye, Executive Secretary of the Anti-Corruption Network, the Nigeria Police Force announced that it is investigating the allegations of corruption, abuse of office and incompetence leveled against the Minister last month in a petition his group sent to the President.

The letter invites Mr. Melaye, to the Police Force Headquarters tomorrow, May 10, in connection with the investigations.

Signed by Commissioner of Police Alli Amodu, it says that theInspector-General of Police directed that a full-scale investigation be conducted into the allegations by the X-Squad which he leads.

It would be recalled that on April 4, the Anti-Corruption Network sent a petition to President Godluck Jonathan in which it accused the Minister of massive corruption, abuse of office and gross incompetence, and asked the President, if his war against corruption was serious, to fire him. The petition contained a lengthy chronicle of allegations against the Minister.

On April 11, the Network wrote another petition in which it reminded President Jonathan of its original petition, and again called on him to get rid of the Minister.

Prior to those activities, in February, another group of anti-corruption campaigners, the Anti-Corruption Coalition, called on Mr. Adoke to resign his office or be prosecuted for “aiding and abetting” corruption in the country.

Similarly, in a report published in January 2012, iReports-ng.com accused Mr. Adoke of secretly operating four secret accounts in which he had $40 million US dollars, 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds and N6.2billion Naira. The Minister denied the reports.

If rumours of the police investigation are true, this will be the first time that Mr. Jonathan is initiating the probe of a member of his cabinet, several of whom faced massive allegations of corruption and are publicly derided by the public.

While this police investigation will be a major boost for the legion of anti-corruption campaigners in the country, one of them raised an immediate flag this evening.

“If Mr. Jonathan actually intends to be taken seriously, he ought to have suspended the Minister while these investigations are going on,” he said. “You cannot leave him in a position where he can influence, and will most likely influence this so-called investigation. Besides, what is the structure of this investigation? Will the public be invited to testify? Will whistleblowers be encouraged? Where do people who have information send it?”

While it seems the police will question Mr. Melaye and askedhim for documents during their meeting tomorrow, it is important to remember that the former federal legislator does not enjoy the best relationship with them. Only last month, he reported that he had been the victim of an assassination attempt in Abuja.

The police denied the claim.

link: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-initiates-probe-agf-mohammed-adoke
k
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2013
hmmmm!!! see as people they shout. so because they said he has large amount of money(to which he denied), y'all are acting like its true. i am not For or Against him, infact, i don't give a damn about him, but we shouldnt jump to conclusion because someone said something, we need facts/proof.

With this our attitude if someone says my father has 30 million USD in a swiss acount, y'all would sentence him as charge without proof/evidence

Summary, We need evidence to back-up this claim against Bello Adoke

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Tintinix: 10:18am On May 10, 2013
And this is the Attorney General of the Federation! Nigeria my country!

If these ireport did a thorough investigation how much more investigation does any committee or police need to do?

else they (ireport)should brace themselves for the litigations from the AGF!
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by DonaldGenes(m): 10:20am On May 10, 2013
oh my goodness.(faints)
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Ferdinandu(m): 10:28am On May 10, 2013
Kai chineke meee!!1
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Parnassuss(m): 10:31am On May 10, 2013
If this is true, every member of the NASS should give this guy a resounding slap for making their hard work look like child's play in comparison! See amount biko, a haf dye!
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by batstan(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2013
Next stop, Allison- madcake! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 10:34am On May 10, 2013
NO LONG TIN: hmmmm!!! see as people they shout. so because they said he has large amount of money(to which he denied), y'all are acting like its true. i am not For or Against him, infact, i don't give a damn about him, but we shouldnt jump to conclusion because someone said something, we need facts/proof.

With this our attitude if someone says my father has 30 million USD in a swiss acount, y'all would sentence him as charge without proof/evidence

Why did Adoke not take action against ireports at the time the allegations were first tendered, if he felt his reputation had been unjustly besmirched?

Those of us who followed events closely at the time, vividly recall his rather terse defence, which did little to dampen the import of these allegations or even assuage concerns harboured by the Nigerian public.

That it has taken this long to even get to the point where a "probe" is initiated simply goes to show how matters relating to corruption continue to be treated with levity in our society.

Mr. Adoke told Pointblanknews that he indeed owns the accounts, but claimed the deposits in the said accounts were not up to the amounts published by Ireports-ng.

“I have accounts with FCMB and Diamond Banks. I have a salary account with Intercontinental Bank and these are the only accounts I have been operating since I was appointed Attorney-General,” he told Pointblanknews.com. Then he added: “But the accounts in the said banks are far, far lower than the figures they are peddling.”

But the minister’s attempt to understate his staggering cash holdings has triggered more revelations of his financial shenanigans.  iReports.ng has released more devastating information about Mr. Adoke’s ties to and financial involvement with several companies that have ripped Nigerians off in fuel subsidy scams.

The site reported that some of Mr. Adoke's close allies, infuriated with his despicable role to put down the on-going nationwide strike in the country, have provided documents that lay bare the minister's stupendous wealth hidden in over 25 blue chip companies in Nigeria – including firms that have reaped fraudulent profits from the contentious oil subsidy funds.

A rundown of the documents made available to ireports-ng.com reveal that Mr. Adoke is a major investor in Oando Oil, a firm that gulped down more than N228 billion out of the N1.4 trillion shared by about 100 oil marketers between January and August, 2011. The website’s investigation indicated that the Justice Minister owns an investment of about N1.5 billion in Oando Oil PLC.

Other documents also show that Mr. Adoke has a major investment stake in Eterna Oil which raked in about N5.57 billion from the fuel subsidy bonanza. In addition to N1 billion investment in Eterna, the minister also has N2 billion tucked in a company called Novasys Ltd.

A top-level political source in Abuja who is close to President Goodluck Jonathan told SaharaReporters today that the attorney general’s cozy relationship with some of the oil marketers was the reason the government has refused to pursue the option of prosecuting fraudulent profiteers who have cheated Nigerians of hundreds of billions of naira in the name of fuel subsidy.

Source: [url]http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria%E2%80%99s-attorney-general-adoke-web-corruption-admits-ownership-bank-accounts[/url]
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 10:38am On May 10, 2013
Absolutely no shaking! AG gets no wiggle room grin

BY EDITOR · 14 JANUARY 2012
We Stand By Our Reports On Adoke, As Presidential Spokesman Spins Watery Defence Of AGF

Reluctantly, Nigeria’s controversial Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke has authorised a watery defence against our reports detailing his multi-billion dollars hidden bank accounts and investments in about 25 bluechip companies in Nigeria. The defence which lacks facts and figures was written by presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati and being circulated by him through a designated points man with a promise of ‘brown envelope’ rewards for newspaper editors that will promote the story on their cover page tomorrow, Sunday. The name of the Chief Press Secretary to the Justice Minister, Ambrose Momoh was however put on the statement as part of the deceit game.

Though the Minister admitted operating the bank accounts quoted in our earlier report in his statement of defence today, he however failed to disclose how much money is in those accounts now, confirming our reports of Friday that efforts were on going to deplete the balances in the accounts as it is the tradition of Nigerian banks to cover tracks for their high net worth customers.

In the statement, the Minister also woefully failed to refer to, confirm or deny his investments in bluechip companies listed in our second report especially on his link to Oando Oil and Eterna Oil that have both benefitted more than N230 billion between January and August, 2011 from the nation’s contentious fuel subsidy funds.

We therefore wish to state emphatically that we stand by the two reports published by us in the last 48 hours on the Minister and challenge him to step down for a proper investigation by reputable civil society groups and professional bodies like the Nigeria Bar Association, NBA.

Though Mr Adoke has invited the police to probe his accounts when he’s still in a position to influence their investigation, we will however ensure further details still held back now will be published if they make further attempts to twist the facts and figures of already published reports. grin grin grin
More: http://ireports-ng.com/2012/01/14/we-stand-by-our-reports-on-adoke-as-presidential-spokesman-spins-watery-defence-of-agf/
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by omo9ja1(m): 10:39am On May 10, 2013
well is oga at the top clean

in 9ja anything I say anything can happen
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by batstan(m): 10:43am On May 10, 2013
NO LONG TIN: hmmmm!!! see as people they shout. so because they said he has large amount of money(to which he denied), y'all are acting like its true. i am not For or Against him, infact, i don't give a damn about him, but we shouldnt jump to conclusion because someone said something, we need facts/proof.

Who is your father "daddy's boi" and how much do U have in your own account?
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by overdrive(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2013
This man is richer than some states in nigeria.I doubt if the government can recover d whole money haven't u guys heard of plea bargain he will refund 2% and told to go and sin no more afterall its a family affair. Pdp share d money

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 10:46am On May 10, 2013
Sec5: story story=story
Hey we're here for serious business, not a child's play.
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by tomakint: 10:52am On May 10, 2013
Adoke is finished on this one!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi Vows To lead Protest Against FG & The CP / FG Signs Extradition Treaty With Italy / Atiku: Tinubu Jostled To Be VP On Muslim-Muslim Ticket To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.