Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,941 members, 7,838,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! (13596 Views)

Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday / Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production / PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Vado(m): 10:57am On May 10, 2013
Oh boy, these people just call billions trillions like it's chump-change when many nigerians out there haven't seen half a mill before in their life. Protests and mere talks won't solve corruption in this cuntry. We need a revolution (french revoluntion of 1789 style). A cleasing right from the top to the bottom is the deal. These old educated professional civil robbers aint ready to go. angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by batstan(m): 10:59am On May 10, 2013
tomakint: Adoke is finished on this one!
it all depends on certain political factors, my dear broda
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by burkutu: 11:03am On May 10, 2013
wrong heading. the headline is misleading. the police invited dino to answer questions about his allegations against the agf.gej did not order the police.the way i see it dino would be warned to stop peddling unverifiable allegations against adokie.then he would be asked to reveal his sources or else......anybody thinks gej is gonna move against adokie should think again. adokie help launders money for gej. everybody knows that in abuja
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 11:11am On May 10, 2013
cant we have a corrupt free individual in govt.....abi den do us juju...tufiaaa
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by HezronLorraine(m): 11:16am On May 10, 2013
WTF seun with the whole nairaland decree 2013 above the post box.
On allegations of corruption let investigations surface and the truth be revealed,but I know adoke is shady and ain't clean.on terms of misuse of power,wat do u expect when u fuse judicial and executive powers together.I see no reason why the office of the AGF shouldn't be distinct from that of justice minister,he wields too much f.ucking power which he consequently abuses.Adoke feels he's above the law.let's watch and wait and see what comes to play.from head to toe of the Nigerian governmental structure nobody is clean,if adoke has malaria,dn oga jona has typhoid,david mark cancer,tambuwal leprosy,all of them have dirty secrets,the funniest part they don't give a f.uck who finds out cause dy'll buy their way out.the day of reckoning awaits where ds emperors of rulers would be washed and forgotten like a used tissue paper.smh.
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by camelus: 11:24am On May 10, 2013
[quote author=CFCfan]
Similarly, in a report published in January 2012, iReports-ng.com accused Mr. Adoke of secretly operating four secret accounts in which he had $40 million US dollars, 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds and N6.2billion Naira. The Minister denied the reports.

Can Someone tell me y Nigerian Public Servants are ammassing Wealth..
See below 7 Powerful Quotes from World Billionaires;

Bill Gates
Microsoft founder Bill Gates, the world’s second-richest man, told The Sun in 2010 that he will donate most of his money to charity and “give the kids some money but not a meaningful percentage.” He said on Reddit in February: “I definitely think leaving kids massive amounts of money is not a favor to them.”
Warren Buffett
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett plans to donate most of his fortune to charity. Peter Buffett, Buffett’s second-oldest son, told DailyFinance in 2011 that his father “transferred values to me, and not wealth.”

Ted Turner
CNN founder Ted Turner, who has donated $1 billion to the United Nations, doesn’t have much money left for his kids. He told MSNBC in 2010 that he is “almost to the edge of poverty” — that is, his net worth is only $2 billion, according to Forbes.
Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs, the late Apple CEO who revitalized the company, said in an interview with Playboy in 1985: “If you die, you certainly don’t want to leave a large amount to your children. It will just ruin their lives.”
George Lucas
George Lucas, the writer-director behind the Star Wars series, doesn’t plan to leave much money for his kids; he is giving most of it to charity. He wrote in a pledge letter that he is “dedicating the majority of [his] wealth to improving education” because “it is the key to the survival of the human race,” according to The Wall Street Journal.
Graham Tuckwell
Graham Tuckwell, the founder and chairman of ETF Securities, who has donated $50 million to Australian National University for scholarships, told the Sydney Daily Telegraph he does not plan to give much money to his kids because “lots of money is poisonous to have.” “If you just give them stuff, it almost destroys their desire to do things and you actually end up with kids who are a lot worse off.” (Hat tip: CNBC.)
Steven Hayworth
Steven Hayworth, ex-CEO of Gibraltar Private Bank, told the New York Times in 2010 that he was glad his daughter was going to work at a clothing store that summer because he wanted her to learn “the value of a dollar.”

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by back2sender: 11:52am On May 10, 2013
Mr president should not shield his ministers anymore. most of the attachks on him is because of his attitude towards his ministers.he should let them feel the heat as well because if not the bulk will stop at his table.
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Dee60: 1:42pm On May 10, 2013
Please investigate Abati as well! let us see if he will come clean!
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Dee60: 2:01pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=camelus][/quote]

Nigerians leaders remain VERY POOR students of history!
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Profshyna: 2:11pm On May 10, 2013
I doubt, if dis man is nt even more wealthier dan is oga @d top. Olohun baba gba waaaa!
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by 3kay945(m): 2:33pm On May 10, 2013
bros, i doubt it,,, jare.
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by nerodenero: 3:17pm On May 10, 2013
The man is simply mad to have stolen so much money while so many Nigerians are living in abject poverty.When the chips are down,nothing will be heard from the President's probe.Shaking my head for this corruption-infested country!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by muredo(m): 3:27pm On May 10, 2013
THEY HAVE MILKED THE COUNTRY DIE,WONDERFUL,JUST A PERSON[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by ini4brandon(m): 3:56pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=camelus][/quote] tell them o
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by OmoTier1(m): 4:20pm On May 10, 2013
Like He does not have dossiers on GEJ and Madam Patience's looting Abeg park well before I samatulize you cool
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Mustymohd2: 4:35pm On May 10, 2013
[quote
author=gboss4sure]No be that man follow sell our bakassi to Cameroon?
Why wont he get such amounts of money plus the ones he gets from the
corrupt Judiciary.......................Thunda Fire dem there.[/quote] amen oooo my bros
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by persop2: 6:21pm On May 10, 2013
Adoke is still suffering 4rm poverty is the outcome of the investigation is true. Poverty of the MIND.
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by ami4u(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2013
Na wa oooo! Sum times you read sum kind gist and you jos dont know where to put the blame.

Yet ppl de gre dië to collect Two degrees, go service two times but yet sum 'microscopic few' jos de cart away the whole tin to sum foreign land way go in turn still carry this money borrow una, still call you 'under-developed' join.

I DON VEX, WHERE I KIP THAT HYPO SEF... angry
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by armadeo(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2013
NO LONG TIN: hmmmm!!! see as people they shout. so because they said he has large amount of money(to which he denied), y'all are acting like its true. i am not For or Against him, infact, i don't give a damn about him, but we shouldnt jump to conclusion because someone said something, we need facts/proof.

With this our attitude if someone says my father has 30 million USD in a swiss acount, y'all would sentence him as charge without proof/evidence

Summary, We need evidence to back-up this claim against Bello Adoke

Want to know Y everyone is shouting.its because the only evidence that is needed is glaring back @ us. He is a public officer. If ur father is a public officer and its said he has 30milla pounds I'll believe it before hearing his name that's what nigerian public officials are known for.
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by dederocs(m): 12:49pm On May 11, 2013
Mr President corruption is the cause of our problems in Nigeria-corruption eats away available resources that we ought to use in boosting our economy,creating more jobs and welfare systems and boosting our security and National defences.
Corruption cases should be handled like murder cases and armed robbery offences.If you love this country,if you want this country to survive you must Fight corruption seriously and consciously.
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 11, 2013
Now that we've got the AGF teleguiding a probe against himself, we all know how it's going to pan out.

Allegations of corruption: I am ready for probe – AGF

ABUJA —The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN, yesterday, expressed his readiness to submit himself to the Police to be probed over his alleged complicity in acts of corruption.

In a press statement he issued through his lawyer in Abuja yesterday, Adoke, said he had already written to the Inspector General of Police, urging him to go ahead and investigate the veracity of allegations that were leveled against him by a Non Governmental Organization, the Anti-Corruption Network, led by a former member of the House of Representatives.

He however refuted insinuation in the media that it was President Goodluck Jonathan that directed his probe, saying his traducers should forthwith seek the face of God.

It will be recalled that on April 4, the Anti-Corruption Network sent a strong worded petition to President Jonathan, wherein it accused the Minister of massive corruption, abuse of office and gross incompetence.

The petitioners urged President Jonathan to confirm his willingness to fight corruption in the country by sacking the Justice Minister from office for allegedly “aiding and abetting corruption.”

Besides, the group, on April 11, wrote another petition in which it reminded President Jonathan that he was yet to take any step with regards to the sundry acts of corruption it chronicled against the AGF.

Likewise, it was alleged that the AGF was operating four secret accounts in which he was said to have deposited the sum of $40 million US dollars, 5.3 million Great Britain Pounds and N6.2billion Naira, an allegation the Minister has since denied as false and malicious.

A further response the AGF made through his lawyer Mr Ahmed Raji, SAN, yesterday, reads: “We are issuing this statement on behalf of our client, Mr. Mohammed Adoke, SAN, CFR, the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice.

[b]“Following the tendentious allegations made by one Mr. Dino Melaye against the person of our Client, we wrote a letter dated 23rd April 2013 to the Inspector General of Police, wherein we requested the I.G to cause an investigation to be carried out in respect of all the allegations made by the said Mr. Dino Melaye.

“We therefore dispute the headline in the publication contained in the Sahara Reporters of today 10thMay 2013 to the effect that: PRERSIDENT Jonathan Initiates probe of AGF Mohammed Adoke.

“A copy of our letter to the Inspector of General police is herewith attached. We refer to the last but one paragraph where we stated as follows:

“Accordingly, we have our Client’s instructions to request you to kindly cause an investigation to be carried into all the allegations by promptly inviting the said Otunba Dino Melaye to come and justify all the allegations he has made which we hasten to say are nothing but Criminal libel”.

“The current exercise being embarked upon by the police is therefore at the instance of our Client and not the President as being insinuated.

“We want to place on record that this is not the first time our Client will be submitting himself to a public enquiry because he has nothing to hide. On a past occasion when our Client submitted himself, his accusers came apologizing as they admitted that they were misled into publishing what was and is still patently false against him. While our Client concedes the right of every individual to freedom of speech, it is our contention that the freedom goes with a duty. It is not a licence for anyone to make any unsubstantiated allegation against any individual
.[/b]

“And this is why our Client has deemed it fit to invite the police authority to look into the allegations and make appropriate findings.

It is therefore very astonishing to read that the President has initiated a probe of our Client.

“Perhaps it may be desirable at this juncture to advise the traducers of our Client to seek the face of God in seeking whatever office they desire to occupy rather than engage in an ungodly act of maligning our Client.”

Source
Re: Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! by iamtheprincipal: 2:55pm On May 11, 2013
The last person in the world I will accept his words is GEJ.
Never take that guy serious for anything.
Every member of his Cabinet is swimming in one high lever corruption allegation or the other and GEJ has kept a sealed leap in all these. Is in Amaechi's Case that he will display his CinC muscle.
Rubbish!

(1) (2) (Reply)

EndSARS: Lagos To Compensate Victims Of Police Abuse / Reps Fume As FG Borrows ₦5.62 Trillion To Fund 2022 Budget Deficit / 2023 Presidency: Hafizu Kawu Declares Support For Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.