Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? (12103 Views)

Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. / Which Songs/Music Videos Pisses You Off Bigtime? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:24am On May 11, 2013
ocelot2006:

No one forced/coerced these ladies to dance on TV. Maybe you should direct your question to your fellow women.
gbam
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by bashorunbazok: 11:27am On May 11, 2013
Its a sad situation, and its not only in music industry. Even mere advert of car tire, there has to be an naked lady to grace the clip. One begins to wonder what the correlation is between car tire and naked gal.Its definitely worst in music videos tho.I pity the upcoming generations.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by MumZ(f): 11:28am On May 11, 2013
Money ke, hw much r dey paid? Most of dem beg 2 b featured wit no amt sef, as long as den show 4 d videos.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by naijathings(m): 11:29am On May 11, 2013
[size=16pt]i am sure one or more of those VIDEO VIXEN CHICS would slap the shieet out of your head
if you ever walk up to them and talk about this respect on video thing..
dey are not on the street furking like ashieyy or being used as drug envelope.
they are shaking their booty and some of them are professionals with this thing
so whats ur furkkin problem?
eh?
*slaps the op and walks back to the remote control to watch "Take Banana by The Prince"*[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 11, 2013
tjskii: My sis,d matter tire me,therez dis video,forgoten d artiste,but d chorus was"na which kain kaka we never see"meeen twas horribl,d girls had leggings on and u cud see all d wobbly fat shaking up and down,bleurghh

Twil realy be nice to see a clean video lik u said,I'm sure thatz one of d reasons a lot of peopl fell in love with banky w's yes/no video
The problem doesn't lie with the videos per se but the lyrics. The videos are only a visual representation of the lyrics. It was easy for Banky W's Yes/No to be clean because there was nothing in the lyrics that suggested lewdness and it was different from the regular songs we're used to hearing, in every way. Lyrics these days have become pretty redundant, it's either about dïck or äss or money or partying so videos have to tow on that line.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by madeinnigeria: 11:30am On May 11, 2013
@ op u just dey wake? Who is disrespecting who did they force them or what exactly are you talking about..how can this kind of thread get to d front page..very soon d owners of nairaland will sit up when they realize d blog is gettin less attractive and intelligent day by day..even if it is d joke section let us see not dis kinda thread..

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:31am On May 11, 2013
ocelot2006:

No one forced/coerced these ladies to dance on TV. Maybe you should direct your question to your fellow women.
U spoke my mind nobody force them or are they not aware of what they will do in those videos. Place an advert that gals are needed to dance nude in Psquare, Wizkid or Tubaba videos u will be suprise that more than one million gals will apply nation wide. If gals want to be respected they shall respect themselves first, those gals lack self respect.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Orikinla(m): 11:33am On May 11, 2013
Majority of them are sexually abused and misused.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 11, 2013
topmostg: I doubt it... Ladies are taken as ßitches in videos...
are they not bitches in real life. The ones in music videos have gone past the stage of pretence and trying to be decent like the ones in life do.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 11, 2013
Its everyhwere na. All those American rappers, who slap women's backsides in their video and call women 'b!tches'. We seem to have no problem with that undecided Yet when it comes to nigeria, we all start shouting tongue
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by caukerzee(m): 11:38am On May 11, 2013
Another feminist. Mtcheww....are they forced to do it? And it is not a Nigerian thing.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:38am On May 11, 2013
Plus these girls signed up for it, so they should know whats down. Each to their own.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by BankuTilapia: 11:44am On May 11, 2013
alosiby92: Although the modern music videos by Nigerian artistes have improved in quality, quantity has worsened in terms of the ladies in the music videos.
In my opinion, they are not respected AT ALL. All I see when I watch these videos is sex and sex appeal being sold.
It disturbs me in that as a female, I feel like I am being objectified and that these girls are treated like crap and are seen as nonentities.
To all the music artistes, when will we see a clean music video where we can enjoy the song without thinking of the girl vigorously vibrating her nyash in the video?
It makes me mad to think that even when the song has nothing to do with a girl, one girl must feature half clothed in the video.
These videos are spoiling market for all the decent girls out there.
I may be wrong. Perharps there is another reason why there is so much disrespect in Nigerian music videos.
What is your opinion?
Another useless topic.............. 419land is a complete joke cheesy grin
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by batstan(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2013
yuzedo: op, bro, is sooooo truth 1000.5%!! How can u respeted a womens wen dey don hav big brezz, big nyash or ice crim lap?!!! angry undecided Mo chedar did vidoe wit gra not brezz. Tiwwer sewage did vidoe wit her tin nyash, very ugly tin! angry can't dey bee like beyansy? kiss ali sha kiss? kiss or jada fire?? tongue grate america babes to respet issily. Not all this naija mushin macket babe dat does vidoe! angry
you have murdered it on point angry
yuzedo: op, bro, is sooooo truth 1000.5%!! How can u respeted a womens wen dey don hav big brezz, big nyash or ice crim lap?!!! angry undecided Mo chedar did vidoe wit gra not brezz. Tiwwer sewage did vidoe wit her tin nyash, very ugly tin! angry can't dey bee like beyansy? kiss ali sha kiss? kiss or jada fire?? tongue grate america babes to respet issily. Not all this naija mushin macket babe dat does vidoe! angry
you have murdered it on point
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 11, 2013
Ladies in turn should learn to drop so much doe to hav men waving their joy-sticks in the music vidz
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by esere826: 11:47am On May 11, 2013
Ok I have this habit of viewing the profile of anly lady that say something extremely intelligent or extreme crap

I viewed yours
It was not of someone wearing a suit NO
It was also at least subtly suggestive (going by your complaint)
So who's making who a sex object? tongue

(I get ur point sha)
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by RickyRoss1(m): 11:47am On May 11, 2013
alosiby92: Although the modern music videos by Nigerian artistes have improved in quality, quantity has worsened in terms of the ladies in the music videos.
In my opinion, they are not respected AT ALL. All I see when I watch these videos is sex and sex appeal being sold.
It disturbs me in that as a female, I feel like I am being objectified and that these girls are treated like crap and are seen as nonentities.
To all the music artistes, when will we see a clean music video where we can enjoy the song without thinking of the girl vigorously vibrating her nyash in the video?
It makes me mad to think that even when the song has nothing to do with a girl, one girl must feature half clothed in the video.
I may be wrong. Perharps there is another reason why there is so much disrespect in Nigerian music videos.
What is your opinion?

Bro change is the only thing that is constant in life. The world has changed. Sexxx sells. Nigerian musicians are copying from the west. I can assure you we still dey learn. Watch American rap/hiphop, the ladies clap with their arssses and the rapper calls them hoez and bitchess.

IMO people like Guci maine, Ludacris, Lil Wayne, Meek Meel and over 80% of American rappers should be jailed for abusing women, but no this is what the world wants to see. Any music video that doesn't have explicit contents wont sell these days. Maybe you need to to go Francophone countries and appreciate that our girls are even kinda reserved.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 11, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Another useless topic.............. 419land is a complete joke cheesy grin
You need to start typing like someone with a functional brain. Now tell me, how does this useless comment of yours relate to the thread? oshi omo.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 11, 2013
Jada Fire Ke? shocked

Abeg We dat know Jada knows her value.. Leave us out of dis!!!
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Reference(m): 11:48am On May 11, 2013
What is your opinion?

My dear how do girls treat themselves. Is it not the same or worse. 'Oh, it is my body I have a right to flaunt it.', 'It makes me feel good, what is your business'. And other defenses girls and women submit.

Are these videos part of modern day slavery or simply the expression of what women generally believe - that sex sells and shaking your wares attracts customers. Even you poster look in the mirror at your enhancements. For what na.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Freiburger(m): 11:48am On May 11, 2013
Those music videos are going nowhere without the ladies.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:48am On May 11, 2013
What is your opinion?

Another dumb(feminist) African women on the loose...

Get a life, I bet you are too ugly and fat to feature in one of those music videos , so don't worry no one is going to ask you to shake ur booty

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Dewze(m): 11:49am On May 11, 2013
This phenomenon is not a global one like a lot of comments as pointed. Rather it is a black man thing. Bum shaking in music videos started with African Americans. They introduced it to their music by bringing prostitutes from their ghettos into their videos (it was a very cheap and less mind tasking way to sell records and it still is) especialy at the rising time of HIP HOP.

We embraced the idea here because as they say 'like minds think alike'. Birds of same feather and of same womb will always fly in thesame direction.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 11, 2013
Dewze: This phenomenon is not a global one like a lot of comments as pointed. Rather it is a black man thing. Bum shaking in music videos started with African Americans. They introduced it to their music by bringing prostitutes from their ghettos into their videos (it was a very cheap and less mind tasking way to sell records and it still is) especialy at the rising time of HIP HOP.

We embraced the idea here because as they say 'like minds think alike'. Birds of same feather and of same womb will always fly in thesame direction.
that's false, take any African traditional dance and tell me, not only most of our dancers are naked/half naked but there is a lot of booty shake. Go and check for yourself.
I don't know if you know: leumbeul, bobaraba, wolosso(you can check them on YouTube) , they all existed way before what our youths today call twerk/twerking.
In few words we shouldn't blame people from what we have done for centuries
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Reference(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2013
ItsModella: it's not just in naija videos, it's a global phenomenon.

Exactly. It is generic. Hard wired into women that they are sex objects. Its origins are biblical. A curse for leading creation astray so they have to pay the price by being in submission to the vanities of creation.

Once a girl is born her body becomes a god and she slaves to satisfy it and man with it. Pity.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by jasper7(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2013
ocelot2006:

By far the best comment so far. Truth of the matter is most women like to be objectified, Most women will spend a fortune to change their looks (Plastic surgery, Bleaching e.t.c), than they will spend on getting an education or acquiring a skill. Just watchout for their monikers, you'll see usernames like, se.xychic, sweetlemon, s.exysugar e.t.c what's that all about? what impression is she creating? tomorrow the same E-diot would come out and say they don't wanna be objectified. They should deal with themselves first before they come to talk about music videos.
Men are not even left-out, always trynna portray the Hulk or Big Daddy or Boss or orlando Bloom figure, what's that all about? Very annoying little things human beings do angry

2 Likes

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Israel5(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2013
if atall that is a question worth answering, i will say, honour ati respect is given to whom it is due! simple!
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 11, 2013
What is your opinion?

The truth is that these girls don't shoot these videos for the respect, it`s for the cash; and we all know sex sells (when men are the ones buying). It`s not just the music industry, any product (photocopiers, booze, cars, even bread) gets noticed if you slap a naked woman on top - it`s simply a marketing strategy. Remember most movies of the eighties? Full frontal nudity, a few lame catch phrases, obscene cussing and sylvester stalone - and the movie was ready!

I can understand how it could be embarassing for a regular girl when you see these indescent gyrations on tv (especially when a guy is also watching) but you shouldn't feel responsible for another girl`s poor choices. Thanks to the easy girls, women of virtue stand out - so you see, they do have their moral importance in the grand scheme of things.

If it makes you that uncomfortable though, don't watch those videos - they're mostly trash anyway.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by IleIfe2(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2013
how do i explain this without sounding like a sexist?
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by abes(m): 12:06pm On May 11, 2013
If a lady respects herself, people will respect her.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by dmitroika(m): 12:08pm On May 11, 2013
I think these musicians uses unclad ladies to compliment the nonsense music they are producing, or how else will they sell. Michael Jackson is a good example, he doesn't show nonsense in his videos- very decent guy. his kind of videos are such that you can watch with your grandma without either of you feeling awkward. yet he was/is the best selling artist of all time, best entertainer of all time.

Alicia keys is a good example too, yet she sells her albums 'conveniently'. My stand is that 'birds of a feather flocks together', if you're cheap you are cheap, the artists showing these unclad ladies off are no different from the unclad ladies, they are equals in everything.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 11, 2013
I dont really want to make a comment because i will just start ranting. The thing is that Nigerian music directors are not creative enough. Just finished watching wande coal's and don jazzy's song "The kick" Now compare that to Justin timberlake's mirrors video. It's easy to put big bootie girls in a video, have them shake it and zoom in and out. But to shoot a quality video that will touch people's hearts is not quite easy. The first day we watched mirror's video in my house, nobody spoke a word till the video ended. The tale was so engaging.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saint Haywhy "Picker Die Ft Mohbad Uchaylee (mp3 Download Audio) / My Backyard Crew presents “Tonto Dikeh – Get High” Video / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.