Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? (12102 Views)

Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. / Which Songs/Music Videos Pisses You Off Bigtime? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by bidis: 4:56pm On May 11, 2013
those girls dat shake thier yanch on videos ar indecent no decent girl wil subsribe to dat
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by dozymars(m): 5:22pm On May 11, 2013
This feelings comes up when you start becoming conscious of the world we live in as you grow.

This phenomenon have long existed before you were born.

You only have to wish it doesn't get worse than you met it.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 11, 2013
Your opinion makes no reasonable sense. Why? Well my answer is simple and brief. Those girls in question were never forced to shake their yansh in any music video they intentionally made up their minds to feature in a "supastar" video for what so ever reason best known to them. So dont write an article that makes guys look bad , we (guys) have done nothing wrong we decided to make music and a bunch of girls came and decided to shake their yansh nobody forced any body you girls are the soul architect of your own degradation. Bye.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by pryd(m): 6:24pm On May 11, 2013
some do it for peanuts; most do it for free. It only goes futher to prove one thing: it's a man's world.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:45pm On May 11, 2013
soccerinfo9ja: Your opinion makes no reasonable sense. Why? Well my answer is simple and brief. Those girls in question were never forced to shake their yansh in any music video they intentionally made up their minds to feature in a "supastar" video for what so ever reason best known to them. So dont write an article that makes guys look bad , we (guys) have done nothing wrong we decided to make music and a bunch of girls came and decided to shake their yansh nobody forced any body you girls are the soul architect of your own degradation. Bye.

Seconded
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by maclatunji: 8:01pm On May 11, 2013
ItsModella: it's not just in naija videos, it's a global phenomenon.

That is very appalling. Funny thing is that you see young teenagers avidly consuming such videos. Yet, the society expects to make decent ladies and gentlemen out of them.

#Hyprocrisy

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by vanstanzy(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2013
jasper7:
If you find your sister, daughter, Mother, girlfriend in a por.no video. Trust me, you'd be mad at the lady not the video. you cant blame a video for being Nude or Por.n. You blame the actors/actresses involved. a typical Nigerian will always blame the system and not the components. Forgetting that a system dosn't exist at all without the components. that's the only problem with the OP's post. She should have been advising her fellow ladies to stop selling their Nudity.

U know, now that u ve mentioned this, i've to get something off my chest. I find it difficult to understand

why women will rather blame the men folks when women are caught in a "tangle" with the

men folks rather than blame the women that allowed themselves to be used. Beats me really! undecided undecided
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by vanstanzy(m): 8:55pm On May 11, 2013
maclatunji:

That is very appalling. Funny thing is that you see young teenagers avidly consuming such videos. Yet, the society expects to make decent ladies and gentlemen out of them.

#Hyprocrisy

Beats me too! undecided
Well enough of all this "indecency this, indecency that", a word is enough for the wise. Next Topic please!!! undecided
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Policewoman(f): 9:02pm On May 11, 2013
WE SHOULD RESPECT OURSELVES FIRST BY NOT GOING AROUND NAKED AND THE MENFOLK WILL RESPECT US IN RETURN.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by Chregor(m): 10:24pm On May 11, 2013
Hahaha; i can't stop but laughing.
In the world where girls have an insatiable desire to remain relevant & sexy at all cost?
In the first place, what makes a video more exciting to watch and listen to than the audio?
Is't the stony faces of our musician , or abi na their "see-my-underwear" trousers?
Women naturally are pleasant to watch(someone is smiling), hence, they used them to compliment the outlook of the video; otherwise it wud be somewhat dull & drab. Business is to men as fun;excitement,name them, is to women, jst as a saying "If u got it, flaunt it." nothing is as soothing as getting paid for what u've loved doing; dat makes it a dream of course.
What do u make of a female celebrity then,e.g. Nicky minaj, lady Gaga and host of others. Are they still being used in this case as per say?
Lol ! Let get things straight here;
a highly lucrative sector/business or service, do comes with a high level of impunity.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by beeboy09(m): 9:01am On May 12, 2013
This simply shows that you love to be in those ladies shoes. Its your wildest dream simply put. Change your taste of genre of music from afro pop to soul or classics. I'm sure you won't see ladies disrespect themselves there. But because u love to dance, and to dance you must shake your booty there is no other sex that does booty shaking better than ladies.
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by bidis: 9:15am On May 12, 2013
what of female artiste themselves exposin dier bodis wit felow female yancn shakers in music what of dos stripers in clubs the bottom line is dat they are indecent girls they acepted to do it
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by bidis: 9:27am On May 12, 2013
u hav to tell ur female folks to dress decently nobody forced them to do it after rocking thier life away they stil want a decent man to marry them
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by AGgal(f): 10:00am On May 12, 2013
Ur question shld be,"Are nigerian gals forced to dance naked in music videos"?

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by coolruler(m): 1:00pm On May 12, 2013
Dis bootie thing sef don tire me. I think its so boring when musical videos have nothing sensible to teach except hips, thighs and booties. The artistes know that they are very weak lyrically, so they compensate by showing us a lot of bouncing booties(yanyan et al,), hoping we wouldn't notice. This is why I would take oritsefemi's "better remix" over wande coal's "kick" any day.

1 Like

Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by simdam500(m): 2:21pm On May 12, 2013
It is an interestin topic but our thought can never be dsame. Some ladies find it fun, some to earn finance, etc... Rememba dey are not compelled to, it their choice...
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by alosiby92(f): 6:05pm On May 12, 2013
I get that it is a thing of choice and noone forced these ladies but at the same time, the exposure of these videos are to just about everyone in Nigeria. Five year old kids are watching these videos and singing and dancing...teenagers are consuming them, irregardless of the lewd lyrics....by the time they grow up, what else will they know if not that bum bums are supposed to shake vigourously?
I agree, our music artistes are getting lazy. its about time they became original and stopped with the bum bum videos and put more effort into telling a story with the song so everyone can watch and be happy?
I mean, is it every video that must be banned for them to sell their music?
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by alosiby92(f): 6:07pm On May 12, 2013
At the same time I am seeing an overpopulation of men commenting on this thread topic. Obviously you guys are steered in the same direction...
*shaking my head.
Nairaland women, where art thou?
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by lalaboi(m): 4:27am On Aug 15, 2013
Well, i wouldn't call it disrespect per se, these ladies know fully well well what they were getting into for accepting to play whatever role they signed up for. Also it would be kinda bad to blame it on the male specie cos it really has nothing to do with them. It has always been like this as far as i remember. The sexy/lust feature brings people's attention to whatever video. It could be done in a classy way sometimes and most times its the goodies on display that make people watch these vids.

Some may call it talent!
A perfect example would be Wande coal's rotate video! There was no semi nude girls but there were sexy girls wearing tights and had awesome sepesepe figure 8 shape! the 2 that flanked wande coal and performed some insane rotation of their respective yarnshes grin . THAT got most people's attention. it was done it a sort of "classy way" and i would never call that disrespect to women! it was appreciating talent! cool and i'm sure some ladies express suitable awe by the performance.

'Most' of these video vixens are professional sluts(not street) of the highest order anyway! proof in the current nigerian representative in BBA. She's only 21, and she's a video vixen who has confessed nasty craps she's done for the sake of money and its not only her who has done that type of stuff in her line of work, trust me.

Another popular one was seen boasting about smoking weed and loving sex in a youtube vid and appeared to have been high on something. These girls are models, models sometimes have to do professional ashewo to get what they want. Away from the camera in the real world, captured on camera, it really does not matter cos they will dress that way everyday to parties and what not!. Absolutely nothing wrong with that to them so there shouldn't be a fuss about it!
Re: Are Ladies Respected In Nigerian Music Videos? by nadialogy007(f): 3:59am On Jan 07
IMO it really pisses me off to feel like the representation of women in these music videos only focuses on their sex appeal, and it's not like it's getting better either. Most of the time, a song's theme has no connection to women, but they manage to sneak in a scantily-dressed or even half-naked woman or women in their videos, and it raises lots of questions about the industry's approach to showcasing women. These portrayals not only encourage harmful stereotypes but also limit the representation of diverse and talented women who could contribute meaningfully to the music scene. So I think it is very crucial for artists, especially male artists, to consider the impact of their visuals on a broader audience and strive for more respectful and inclusive representations.

Also, it might depend on the record label or agency that hires their models or video vixens to feature in a music video, but I think they're being treated a little bit better than before. Don't get me wrong: not all Nigerian music videos follow this trend, and there are artists who prioritize more positive and diverse representations of women. But it's very rare nowadays to see that online (as I stated earlier, it's pretty male-dominated.) It also doesn't mean there isn't pressure to strip down [almost] naked for the male gaze.

I appreciate you asking these questions because we get criticized or turned down for even mentioning what you have to say because, like I saw in one of the comments, it's "better for us to invest our time on something more profitable than writing about gals in the music or movie industry". I call it bullshit!

Unfortunately, that's the reality we have to grow up with, and it sucks. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saint Haywhy "Picker Die Ft Mohbad Uchaylee (mp3 Download Audio) / My Backyard Crew presents “Tonto Dikeh – Get High” Video / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.