Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? (5362 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. / Man 'Walks' On Water With His Bare Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 10, 2013
WELL I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS AS A SIDE ISSUE ON A THREAD BUT JUST THOUGHT IT WAS BIG ENOUGH TO DESERVE ITS OWN THREAD AS WELL AS TO CONFOUND GAINSAYING PHARISEES LIKE BOOKMARK AND DESIKA AS TO THE METAPHORICAL NATURE OF THE BIBLE. IN THIS THREAD I WILL DISCUSS AS WELL AS THE WALKING ON WATER ISSUE, THE REAL MEANING OF WHAT BAPTISM IS, AS WELL AS REITERATE WHAT FASTING REALLY IS. SO 3 ISSUES, 3 FALLACIES OF CHRISTIANS, 3 ERRORS OF CHRISTIANS.

ISSUE 1 - DID JESUS WALK ON WATER LITERALLY ? WHAT KINDA MAGIC TRICK IS THAT ? IS THAT WHAT THE BIBLE IS REALLY TALKING ABOUT ? NO IT IS NOT. WHAT IS WATERS ? LETS GO PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT
REVELATION 17 VS 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the LovePeddler sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. WATERS IS A MULTITUDE OF PEOPLES. SO THE WAVES WERE ROUGH AND ERRATIC MEANING THE PEOPLES HE WAS PREACHING TO WERE REPROBATE BELLIGERENT ROWDY SCOFFERS, HOWEVER HE WALKED OVER THE WATERS, HE CALMED THE WATERS, MEANING HE PREVAILED OVER THE PEOPLE AND CONVINCED THE GAINSAYERS AND SCOFFERS. HE WALKED OVER THEM. HE PREVAILED OVER THEM. HE CONVERTED THEM ALL. AND THATS WHAT THAT MEANS. HE AINT LITERALLY WALK OVER WATER. HE IS THE LORD BUT HE DONT DO CHEAP MAGIC TRICKS.

ISSUE 2- ALL THESE REPROBATE PASTORS DIPPING PEOPLE IN WATER THINKING THEY ARE BAPTIZING THEM DONE LOST THEY MINDS. JUST THE OTHER DAY ONE OF THEM MANAGED TO DROWN HIMSELF IN HIS BAPTISMAL WATER. THESE FOLKS IS CRAZY. SO WHAT EXACTLY DOES BAPTISM IN WATER MEAN ? 'WATER' IN THE SINGULAR IS A BIBLICAL WORD FOR 'DOCTRINE'. WHAT DOCTRINE ? IN THIS CASE THE WORD, THE BIBLE. SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BAPTIZE WITH WATER ? LETS LET THE DICTIONARY DO THE REST OF THE JOB FOR US
bap·tize (bp-tz, bptz)
v. bap·tized, bap·tiz·ing, bap·tiz·es
b. To initiate.

TO INITIATE ? WHAT DOES TO INITIATE MEAN ?
in·i·ti·ate (-nsh-t)
tr.v. in·i·ti·at·ed, in·i·ti·at·ing, in·i·ti·ates
a. Instructed in esoteric knowledge.

WHAT IS ESOTERIC KNOWLEDGE ?
es·o·ter·ic [es-uh-ter-ik] Show IPA
adjective
understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite:
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, TO BE BAPTIZED MEANS TO BE TAUGHT SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE WHICH IS MEANT FOR A SELECT FEW AND TO BE BAPTIZED WITH WATER MEANS TO BE TAUGHT THE SCRIPTURES. AINT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH DIPPING FOLK IN LITERAL WATER.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 10, 2013
ISSUE 3 - HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AT LENGTH IN ANOTHER THREAD. FASTING WHILE AMBIGUOUS IN THAT YOU CAN FAST FROM ANYTHING IN LIFE. YOU CAN FAST FROM S-E-X, YOU CAN FAST FROM FOOD, YOU CAN FAST FROM DRINKING ALCOHOL ETC ETC. YOU CAN FAST FROM ANYTHING. FASTING JUST MEANS 'ABSTAINING' FROM SOMETHING YOU DO ALL THE TIME. HOWEVER BIBLICAL FAST THAT DRAWS YOU CLOSER TO GOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOD. NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY ABSTAINING FROM FOOD DRAWS YOU CLOSER TO GOD. THE FAST THAT DRAWS YOU CLOSER TO GOD IS A HOLY FAST. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? IT MEANS YOU STOP DOING ALL THE WICKED THINGS YOU DO. YOU STOP BEING SINFUL. YOU FAST FROM YOUR SINS. THIS IS THE FAST THE BIBLE IS TALKING ABOUT. LETS GET PRECEPTS. JOEL 2 VS 15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast
JOEL 1 VS 14 Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:22pm On May 10, 2013
Staying tuned

That's all
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by AtheistD(m): 12:24pm On May 10, 2013
So how do we know he walked on water?

How can we be certain he did any of the thing mentioned in the bible?
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Staying tuned

That's all
YEAH WAITING ON THE PHARISEES. BOOKMARK AND DESIKA. LOL
Atheist:-D:
So how do we know he walked on water?

How can we be certain he did any of the thing mentioned in the bible?
HOW DO WE KNOW YOU EXIST ? HOW DO WE KNOW YOU ARE MORE THAN TEXT ON CYBERSPACE ? IN FACT HOW DO WE KNOW YOU HAVE GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS THAT DATE BACK TO 6000 BC AND YOU DIDNT JUST DROP OUT OF THE SKY IN RECENT TIMES AND STARTED YOUR FAMILY LINE ?

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by shdemidemi(m): 12:50pm On May 10, 2013
joker... if water means people, what will the boat in the water mean? what would you say the other disciples mean?
All the miracles Christ did was called a miracle for a reason, and all miracles were done primarily to convince the jews he is the son of God.If your interpretation is right, i see no wonder or miracle in converting people to prove you are the much awaited king.

WATERS IS A MULTITUDE OF PEOPLES. SO THE WAVES WERE ROUGH AND ERRATIC MEANING THE PEOPLES HE WAS PREACHING TO WERE REPROBATE BELLIGERENT ROWDY SCOFFERS, HOWEVER HE WALKED OVER THE WATERS, HE CALMED THE WATERS, MEANING HE PREVAILED OVER THE PEOPLE AND CONVINCED THE GAINSAYERS AND SCOFFERS. HE WALKED OVER THEM. HE PREVAILED OVER THEM. HE CONVERTED THEM ALL.

How the bolded make any sense to your spirit is beyond me. i know how much you adhere to your false belief that you masquerade under the gospel of Christ, i just felt irked after reading this false inferences.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Qkeyxyz: 12:53pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777:
ISSUE 1 - DID JESUS WALK ON WATER LITERALLY ? WHAT KINDA MAGIC TRICK IS THAT ? IS THAT WHAT THE BIBLE IS REALLY TALKING ABOUT ? NO IT IS NOT. WHAT IS WATERS ? LETS GO PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT
REVELATION 17 VS 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the LovePeddler sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. WATERS IS A MULTITUDE OF PEOPLES. SO THE WAVES WERE ROUGH AND ERRATIC MEANING THE PEOPLES HE WAS PREACHING TO WERE REPROBATE BELLIGERENT ROWDY SCOFFERS, HOWEVER HE WALKED OVER THE WATERS, HE CALMED THE WATERS, MEANING HE PREVAILED OVER THE PEOPLE AND CONVINCED THE GAINSAYERS AND SCOFFERS. HE WALKED OVER THEM. HE PREVAILED OVER THEM. HE CONVERTED THEM ALL. AND THATS WHAT THAT MEANS. HE AINT LITERALLY WALK OVER WATER. HE IS THE LORD BUT HE DONT DO CHEAP MAGIC TRICKS.

Bros this your interpretation in in error. First of all, if you are gonna believe in the jewish or christian god, then you must believe in miracles, else you don't really believe in this god, you are just like the new-age religions and "spirituals" who love to identify with Jesus but actively seek to appease popular culture because they are ashamed of being mocked as believers of fairy tales, therefore they resolve that the supposed miracles of the bible were mere symbolic expressions.

Now regarding the event of Jesus walking on water, the principal flaw in your analysis is that you equate this event to a parable of Jesus, or some prophesy. If this was so, then we could interpret as symbolic but this event was eye-witness accounts of activities and wonders performed by Jesus. They are 100-percent literal. Jesus did walk on real water, not symbolic water as in a parable or prophesy. The ministry of jesus is useless without power to back them up.

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 10, 2013
shdemidemi: joker... if water means people, what will the boat in the water mean? what would you say the other disciples mean?
All the miracles Christ did was called a miracle for a reason, and all miracles were done primarily to convince the jews he is the son of God.If your interpretation is right, i see no wonder or miracle in converting people to prove you are the much awaited king.

WATERS IS A MULTITUDE OF PEOPLES. SO THE WAVES WERE ROUGH AND ERRATIC MEANING THE PEOPLES HE WAS PREACHING TO WERE REPROBATE BELLIGERENT ROWDY SCOFFERS, HOWEVER HE WALKED OVER THE WATERS, HE CALMED THE WATERS, MEANING HE PREVAILED OVER THE PEOPLE AND CONVINCED THE GAINSAYERS AND SCOFFERS. HE WALKED OVER THEM. HE PREVAILED OVER THEM. HE CONVERTED THEM ALL.

How the bolded make any sense to your spirit is beyond me. i know how much you adhere to your false belief that you masquerade under the gospel of Christ, i just felt irked after reading this false inferences.
THE BOAT IN THE WATERS IS THE WORD AND THE DISCIPLES IN THE BOAT ARE THE VESSELS THROUGH WHICH THE WORD WILL GET INTO THE WATERS BUT THE WATERS WAS STORMY ( PEOPLE WERE RAMBUNCTIOUS AND ROWDY AND SCOFFING ) AND THEY GOT FRIGHTENED ( THEY LOST THEIR FAITH )

WELL HE MAY NOT HAVE CONVERTED THEM ALL IN THE SENSE OF THE WORD BUT HE CALMED THEM ALL DOWN. I AINT EXACTLY MEAN HE CONVERTED EVERY LAST MAN IN THE MULTITUDE. HOWEVER HE CALMED THEM ALL DOWN AND GOT THEM TO REASON WITH HIM HENCE WHY THE WAVES CALMED
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Qkeyxyz: 1:01pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: ISSUE 3 - HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AT LENGTH IN ANOTHER THREAD. FASTING WHILE AMBIGUOUS IN THAT YOU CAN FAST FROM ANYTHING IN LIFE. YOU CAN FAST FROM S-E-X, YOU CAN FAST FROM FOOD, YOU CAN FAST FROM DRINKING ALCOHOL ETC ETC. YOU CAN FAST FROM ANYTHING. FASTING JUST MEANS 'ABSTAINING' FROM SOMETHING YOU DO ALL THE TIME. HOWEVER BIBLICAL FAST THAT DRAWS YOU CLOSER TO GOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOD. NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY ABSTAINING FROM FOOD DRAWS YOU CLOSER TO GOD. THE FAST THAT DRAWS YOU CLOSER TO GOD IS A HOLY FAST. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? IT MEANS YOU STOP DOING ALL THE WICKED THINGS YOU DO. YOU STOP BEING SINFUL. YOU FAST FROM YOUR SINS. THIS IS THE FAST THE BIBLE IS TALKING ABOUT. LETS GET PRECEPTS. JOEL 2 VS 15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast
JOEL 1 VS 14 Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly

This is nice. The real fasting is to desist from your sins. But even what people regard as sins today are not the real sins that concerns god. The real sin to desist from is The Law of Moses because it has been legally fulfilled and abolished by Jesus through his death. So the only way to become a saint is to no longer be guided by the values and definitions of thus law. You are still a sinner for as long as you want to keep this law, ...for the power of sin is the law(1 Corinthians 15:56 )
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 10, 2013
Qkeyxyz:

Bros this your interpretation in in error. First of all, if you are gonna believe in the jewish or christian god, then you must believe in miracles, else you don't really believe in this god, you are just like the new-age religions and "spirituals" who love to identify with Jesus but actively seek to appease popular culture because they are ashamed of being mocked as believers of fairy tales, therefore they resolve that the supposed miracles of the bible were mere symbolic expressions.

Now regarding the event of Jesus walking on water, the principal flaw in your analysis is that you equate this event to a parable of Jesus, or some prophesy. If this was so, then we could interpret as symbolic but this event was eye-witness accounts of activities and wonders performed by Jesus. They are 100-percent literal. Jesus did walk on real water, not symbolic water as in a parable or prophesy. The ministry of jesus is useless without power to back them up.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MIRACLES AND MAGIC

PSALAMS 78 VS 2 I will open my mouth in a parable
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 10, 2013
Qkeyxyz:

This is nice. The real fasting is to desist from your sins. But even what people regard as sins today are not the real sins that concerns god. The real sin to desist from is The Law of Moses because it has been legally fulfilled and abolished by Jesus through his death. So the only way to become a saint is to no longer be guided by the values and definitions of thus law. You are still a sinner for as long as you want to keep this law, ...for the power of sin is the law(1 Corinthians 15:56 )
YOU ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. YOUR POINT ONLY APPLIES TO THE FIRST FRUITS FROM THE EARTH. NOT THE WHOLE EARTH. ONLY THE ELECT. THE REST OF US ARE STILL GUIDED BY LAWS UNTIL THE CORRUPTIBLE INHERITS INCORRUPTION IN THE SECOND COMING. UNTIL THE TERRESTRIAL BECOMES CELESTIAL. SEE, THE ELECT ALREADY HAVE THEIR CELESTIAL BODIES.

MATTHEW 27 VS 51-53 51 And, behold , the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake , and the rocks rent ; 52 And the graves were opened ; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose , 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. <<< THE ELECT GETTING THEIR CELESTIAL BODY
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Qkeyxyz: 1:13pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MIRACLES AND MAGIC

PSALAMS 78 VS 2 [size=13pt]I will open my mouth in a parable[/size]

precisely my point cool You are misinterpreting eye-witness accounts of wonderous events as some parable or prophesy told by jesus. These guys clearly [size=13pt]saw[/size] jesus walk on water, not that jesus [size=13pt]told them[/size] he walked on water.

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:14pm On May 10, 2013
Obadiah777

No debating issue number one.

The story unfolds at the Sea of Galilee which lies in the lower portion of the Jordan Valley in a mountain range that rises to 4,000 feet above sea level. The lake itself is 700 feet below the Mediterranean Sea. One of the more noteworthy aspects of this body of water is that is greatly susceptible to sudden and extremely violent storms. These storms are caused by the cold air rushing down from the mountains surrounding it, colliding with the warm moist air rising off the surface of the water itself.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by shdemidemi(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: THE BOAT IN THE WATER IS THE WORD AND THE DISCIPLES IN THE BOAT ARE THE VESSELS THROUGH WHICH THE WORD WILL GET INTO THE WATERS BUT THE WATERS WAS STORMY ( PEOPLE WERE RAMBUNCTIOUS AND ROWDY AND SCOFFING ) AND THEY GOT FRIGHTENED ( THEY LOST THEIR FAITH )

WELL HE MAY NOT HAVE CONVERTED THEM ALL IN THE SENSE OF THE WORD BUT HE CALMED THEM ALL DOWN. I AINT EXACTLY MEAN HE CONVERTED EVERY LAST MAN IN THE MULTITUDE. HOWEVER HE CALMED THEM ALL DOWN AND GOT THEM TO REASON WITH HIM HENCE WHY THE WAVES CALMED

can you please give me a scripture where the boat means the WORD and the disciples VESSELS in this context.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:17pm On May 10, 2013
Here is what happened;

“When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for Capernaum. By now it was dark, and Jesus had not yet joined them. A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. When they had rowed three or three and a half miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were terrified. But he said to them, ‘It is I; don’t be afraid.’ Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading” (John 6:16-21).
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Rapmaestro(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2013
Wow!!!
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Qkeyxyz: 1:23pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: YOU ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. YOUR POINT ONLY APPLIES TO THE FIRST FRUITS FROM THE EARTH. NOT THE WHOLE EARTH. ONLY THE ELECT. THE REST OF US ARE STILL GUIDED BY LAWS UNTIL THE CORRUPTIBLE INHERITS INCORRUPTION IN THE SECOND COMING. UNTIL THE TERRESTRIAL BECOMES CELESTIAL. SEE, THE ELECT ALREADY HAVE THEIR CELESTIAL BODIES.

Okay, fair enough. I was speaking as an ELECT. For me and my kind(fellow elects), the true fasting is to abandon the Laws of Moses. For everyone else, they can continue to follow fasting as defined by the traditions of the law. Mind you; even that version of fasting works quite well but it's effects and scope are limited but the effect and scope of true fasting(for the elects) has no limits.

for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come(1 Timothy 4:8 )
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:24pm On May 10, 2013
Reasons why he walked on the water:

“Mark tells us that when the disciples saw Jesus walking on the lake, they thought He was a ghost. They cried out, because they all saw Him and were terrified (Mark 6:48-50). And this brings us to the second significant point of this miracle. Jesus always comes to us in the storms of life. This is reminiscent of the words of God to Isaiah: “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you” (Isaiah 43:2). The Lord may not come at the time we think He should come, because He knows when we need Him the most. Jesus had waited until the boat was as far from land as possible, when all their hope was gone. In essence, Jesus was testing the disciples’ faith, and this meant removing every human prop. Why did Jesus walk on the water? To show His disciples that the very thing they feared, the raging, seething sea was merely a set of steps for Him to come to them. Often we fear the difficult experiences of life such as illness, loss of loved ones, and financial hardships only to discover that these experiences can bring Jesus closer to us.”

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 10, 2013
Qkeyxyz:

precisely my point cool You are misinterpreting eye-witness accounts of wonderous events as some parable or prophesy told by jesus. These guys clearly [size=13pt]saw[/size] jesus walk on water, not that jesus [size=13pt]told them[/size] he walked on water.
YOU DO ERR
ISAIAH 28 VS 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: <<< PRECEPT MUST BE UPON PRECEPT. THE BIBLE INTERPRETS ITSELF. EVERYTHING THAT IS USED IN ONE PART IS CONFIRMED IN ANOTHER PART >>> 2 CORINTHIANS 13 VS 1 In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by MostHigh: 1:27pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: WELL I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS AS A SIDE ISSUE ON A THREAD BUT JUST THOUGHT IT WAS BIG ENOUGH TO DESERVE ITS OWN THREAD AS WELL AS TO CONFOUND GAINSAYING PHARISEES LIKE BOOKMARK AND DESIKA AS TO THE METAPHORICAL NATURE OF THE BIBLE. IN THIS THREAD I WILL DISCUSS AS WELL AS THE WALKING ON WATER ISSUE, THE REAL MEANING OF WHAT BAPTISM IS, AS WELL AS REITERATE WHAT FASTING REALLY IS. SO 3 ISSUES, 3 FALLACIES OF CHRISTIANS, 3 ERRORS OF CHRISTIANS.

ISSUE 2- ALL THESE REPROBATE PASTORS DIPPING PEOPLE IN WATER THINKING THEY ARE BAPTIZING THEM DONE LOST THEY MINDS. JUST THE OTHER DAY ONE OF THEM MANAGED TO DROWN HIMSELF IN HIS BAPTISMAL WATER. THESE FOLKS IS CRAZY. SO WHAT EXACTLY DOES BAPTISM IN WATER MEAN ? 'WATER' IN THE SINGULAR IS A BIBLICAL WORD FOR 'DOCTRINE'. WHAT DOCTRINE ? IN THIS CASE THE WORD, THE BIBLE. SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BAPTIZE WITH WATER ? LETS LET THE DICTIONARY DO THE REST OF THE JOB FOR US
bap·tize (bp-tz, bptz)
b. To initiate.

in·i·ti·ate (-nsh-t)

adjective
understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest; recondite:
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, TO BE BAPTIZED MEANS TO BE TAUGHT SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE WHICH IS MEANT FOR A SELECT FEW AND TO BE BAPTIZED WITH WATER MEANS TO BE TAUGHT THE SCRIPTURES. AINT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH DIPPING FOLK IN LITERAL WATER.

The Most high God continue to guide you ma brother

Gives thanks for the light.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

can you please give me a scripture where the boat means the WORD and the disciples VESSELS in this context.
SURE. REVELATION 8 VS 9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. <<< THIS EVENT IS DESCRIBING THE BABYLONIAN TAKEOVER OF THE WORLD IN THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE GENTILE ERA ON EARTH. THE THIRD PART OF SHIPS IS THE DOCTRINE OF THE THIRD PART OS MEN WHICH IS ISRAEL. THE THIRD PART OF SHIPS DESTROYED WAS THE WORD OF GOD AND IT WAS FLOODED WITH BABYLONIAN DOCTRINE AND HENCE STARTING THE ERA OF MAN-RULE OF WICKEDNESS ON EARTH
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by MostHigh: 1:32pm On May 10, 2013
shdemidemi: joker... if water means people, what will the boat in the water mean? what would you say the other disciples mean?

Very poor response.

Try again.

shdemidemi you have openly denied Yashua the Christ as your king

Why do you insist on calling his name in vain.

Son of the Little horn that's what you are
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Qkeyxyz: 1:33pm On May 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Reasons why he walked on the water:
“Mark tells us that when the disciples saw Jesus walking on the lake, [size=13pt]they thought He was a ghost. They cried out, because they all saw Him and were terrified[/size] (Mark 6:48-50).

GBAM!!!
you see am @obadiah?? The event was clearly literal as to evoke the reaction as above.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by MostHigh: 1:35pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: SURE. REVELATION 8 VS 9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. <<< THIS EVENT IS DESCRIBING THE BABYLONIAN TAKEOVER OF THE WORLD IN THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE GENTILE ERA ON EARTH. THE THIRD PART OF SHIPS IS THE DOCTRINE OF THE THIRD PART OS MEN WHICH IS ISRAEL. THE THIRD PART OF SHIPS DESTROYED WAS THE WORD OF GOD AND IT WAS FLOODED WITH BABYLONIAN DOCTRINE AND HENCE STARTING THE ERA OF MAN-RULE OF WICKEDNESS ON EARTH

Sire.

SHDEMIDEMI HAS NOT A BROCKEN SPIRIT HE ONLY ASKES QUESTIONS TO SCOFF AND SCORN.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Obadiah777

No debating issue number one.

The story unfolds at the Sea of Galilee which lies in the lower portion of the Jordan Valley in a mountain range that rises to 4,000 feet above sea level. The lake itself is 700 feet below the Mediterranean Sea. One of the more noteworthy aspects of this body of water is that is greatly susceptible to sudden and extremely violent storms. These storms are caused by the cold air rushing down from the mountains surrounding it, colliding with the warm moist air rising off the surface of the water itself.

HUN 'SEA' IS A MULTITUDE OF PEOPLE. NOT ACTUAL SEA. LOOK AT THIS VERSE. REVELATION 21 VS 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. << DOES THAT MEAN WHEN CHRIST COMES THERE WILL BE NO MORE SEA ? NO THATS NOT WHAT THAT IS TALKING ABOUT. SEA IS AN ASSORTMENT OF PEOPLE CO-EXISTING LIKE YOU HAVE IN AMERICA. LIKE YOU HAD IN ANCIENT BABYLON. THATS WHY AMERICA IS ALSO CALLED BABYLON. IT COMES FROM THE ROOT WORD BABEL WHICH MEANS CONFUSION. WHEN GROUPS OF PEOPLE CO-EXIST TOGETHER IT BRINGS CONFUSION BECAUSE THEY ARE OF DIFFERENT LANGUAGES AND RACES AND CULTURE ETC. THIS IS MANS DOING AND IT IS WICKEDNESS. THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED 'SEA'. WHEN CHRIST RETURNS, EVERYONE WILL BE SEPERATED BACK INTO THEIR NATION OF PEOPLE AND THERE WILL BE NO MORE SEA.

THE SEA OF GALILEE IS THE MULTITUDES OF GALILEE
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 10, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Here is what happened;

“When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for Capernaum. By now it was dark, and Jesus had not yet joined them. A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. When they had rowed three or three and a half miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were terrified. But he said to them, ‘It is I; don’t be afraid.’ Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading” (John 6:16-21).
ITS ALL SYMBOLIC METAPHORIC ALLEGORIC AND PARABOLIC. CHECK THE OTHER GOSPELS FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 10, 2013
Qkeyxyz:

Okay, fair enough. I was speaking as an ELECT. For me and my kind(fellow elects), the true fasting is to abandon the Laws of Moses. For everyone else, they can continue to follow fasting as defined by the traditions of the law. Mind you; even that version of fasting works quite well but it's effects and scope are limited but the effect and scope of true fasting(for the elects) has no limits.

for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come(1 Timothy 4:8 )
AS AN ELECT YOU DONT NEED TO FAST BECAUSE YOU ARE SEALED. THOSE WHO NEED TO FAST ARE THE NON-ELECT
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by AtheistD(m): 1:41pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: YEAH WAITING ON THE PHARISEES. BOOKMARK AND DESIKA. LOL HOW DO WE KNOW YOU EXIST ? HOW DO WE KNOW YOU ARE MORE THAN TEXT ON CYBERSPACE ? IN FACT HOW DO WE KNOW YOU HAVE GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS THAT DATE BACK TO 6000 BC AND YOU DIDNT JUST DROP OUT OF THE SKY IN RECENT TIMES AND STARTED YOUR FAMILY LINE ?

Silly questions. I have ancestors because I am here. I exist because I communicate with people around me and have a presence. I can even go on youtube and post a video of me for all to see. If I said I flew to mars, would people not ask the same question I am asking now... think of it.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 10, 2013
MostHigh:

The Most high God continue to guide you ma brother

Gives thanks for the light.
I APPRECIATE YOU BROTHER MOSTHIGH. ALL THANKS AND PRAISES TO YAH FOR THE LIGHT
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 10, 2013
MostHigh:

Very poor response.

Try again.

shdemidemi you have openly denied Yashua the Christ as your king

Why do you insist on calling his name in vain.

Son of the Little horn that's what you are

YEAH HE SURE ENOUGH IS AN ATINOMIAN grin grin
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by tobechi20(m): 1:45pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: WELL I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS AS A SIDE ISSUE ON A THREAD BUT JUST THOUGHT IT WAS BIG ENOUGH TO DESERVE ITS OWN THREAD AS WELL AS TO CONFOUND GAINSAYING PHARISEES LIKE BOOKMARK AND DESIKA AS TO THE METAPHORICAL NATURE OF THE BIBLE. IN THIS THREAD I WILL DISCUSS AS WELL AS THE WALKING ON WATER ISSUE, THE REAL MEANING OF WHAT BAPTISM IS, AS WELL AS REITERATE WHAT FASTING REALLY IS. SO 3 ISSUES, 3 FALLACIES OF CHRISTIANS, 3 ERRORS OF CHRISTIANS.

bap·tize (bp-tz, bptz)
b. To initiate.

in·i·ti·ate (-nsh-t)

adjective

here comes this fellow who is talented at remixing bible to suit his own personal abstract idea. am not suprised at all.
Re: Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? by Qkeyxyz: 1:46pm On May 10, 2013
obadiah777: YOU DO ERR
ISAIAH 28 VS 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: <<< PRECEPT MUST BE UPON PRECEPT. THE BIBLE INTERPRETS ITSELF. EVERYTHING THAT IS USED IN ONE PART IS CONFIRMED IN ANOTHER PART >>> 2 CORINTHIANS 13 VS 1 In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Yes the bible follows precept upon precept, but it does not interpret itself. Understanding is given to the elects to find the true meaning of the "dark sayings, symbols and shadows" that are parables and prophesies. You my friend, are twisting literal works into symbols instead of vice versa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Journey To God Realization / "If You Do Not Use Jewelry, You Will Go To Hell " - Apostle Johnson Suleman / No More Christmas For Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.