Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,843 members, 7,851,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon (71990 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Bamz(m): 10:47pm On May 12, 2013
Coldfeet: I will say wait and be patient! But I don't think that's what u want to hear at this point! So maybe u should do what my "ageing" friend did! Look for a guy with a sweet gene! A man that can give u sweet looking baby and get pregnant for him! My friend is now married. They say the trend now is 30s baby mamas are more lucrative than non baby mama in dia 30s. Cant believe I am going to post this sorta bs!

Oniranu!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 12, 2013
I've taken my time to go through every post on this thread,and I arrived to one and only conclusion; Men of today are shameless.damn! Check out the way they are advertising themselves, running their resume, posting their digits, just because of a vulnerable self made woman.
That’s sad how plastic and artificial life has become. It gets harder and harder to find something…real.The supposedly immaterial men, we now know, can be bisected with a woman's good job, fantanstic and consistent salary, unlimited trips to abroad.The real opposition is that between the ego-bound man, whose existence is structured by the principle of having, and the free man, who has overcome his egocentricity.

Seriously shaking my head at some men on this thread, eg, truelove.com.
If I hear 2moro that women are materialistic eeeeh......

3 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by 60Nine: 10:49pm On May 12, 2013
HARDDON:

Nope. Just make sure you get a male dog, very large TV and ofcos your palm top and you get uя pizza and coke supplies on da double.

Only God ĸпoωs what dose r ƒoя .

Death cudnt come any sooner

Actually, back to the thread and to HARDON's comment

What do you mean by the above?

What has male dogs etc got to do with single life?

It's obvious that you think that without marriage the lady can't live a happy life.

And no, I'm not married. I'm in my early 20s, so this has nothing to do with a personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by truelovecom: 10:51pm On May 12, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Sharrap! Y u dey beef her preference? Bcus dem reject u for embassy 11 times? Guy, na one woman for ya village dey do u. fast and pray!
i cant stop laughing, Lol. why u dey tackle me, babe wetin i do you....LOL
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 12, 2013
ROSYL: I've taken my time to go through every post on this thread,and I arrived to one and only conclusion; Men of today are shameless.damn! Check out the way they are advertising themselves, running their resume, posting their digits, just because of a vulnerable self made woman.
That’s sad how plastic and artificial life has become. It gets harder and harder to find something…real.The supposedly immaterial men, we now know, can be bisected with a woman's good job, fantanstic and consistent salary, unlimited trips to abroad.The real opposition is that between the ego-bound man, whose existence is structured by the principle of having, and the free man, who has overcome his egocentricity.

so going by ur premise,what will we call women of today?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 12, 2013
ROSYL: I've taken my time to go through every post on this thread,and I arrived to one and only conclusion; Men of today are shameless.damn! Check out the way they are advertising themselves, running their resume, posting their digits, just because of a vulnerable self made woman.

Intelligent observation. I would be shocked if you respond to meaningless questions posed after this.

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 12, 2013
20 pages - poster you should never have posted this topic

from the married and unmarried who want to insult your situation to the male gold diggers - na wah o!!!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Slim101(m): 10:58pm On May 12, 2013
Happyness_Chima: I'm 31 And Nobody Is Asking My Hand In Marriage

Good day nairaland. I'm 31 years old female, single and unmarried. I want to get married by the end of this year by Gods grace.
I don't think you shd be overtly desperate @ 31 and setting a date for urself could end push you to making a silly decision.

[/quote]
All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. At first I wasn't desperate, but I don't know what im doing wrong.[/quote]
*unsettled yet* you seem to have diagnosed your problems urself: u're looking for a made man. You're not perfect urself and therefore don't expect to find a perfect man to marry. Have an open mind and be ready to settle with someone you could grow together. Not a ready mad material.
[/quote]
I have a good job and travel to the UK often but still haven't met any man that's prepared for marriage.[/quote]
The digits of ur salary or foreign trips can't guarantee u a happy marriage so cut that out.

[/quote]
When I go out to have fun, my siblings start complaining that im attending parties and staying out late too much. Is it in our parlour a man will marry me? I'm trying to enjoy life by looking on to the bright side but still feel empty inside of me. What else can I do to get married at least by the end of the year? Any others I my shoes can input as well.[/quote]
I hope u're not thinking that night paroles and clubbing will fetch u a life-time partner??! Don't get me wrong, u could meet a responsible man to marry even in the most sultry club but the percentage is low.
Advice: *Be open minded *dont set a date for yourself *carry yourself like a 'marriageable' woman and pray God gives u the bone of ur bone.
Do all these and all will be well.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by free2ryhme: 11:00pm On May 12, 2013
the persin wey start this thread done sleep and it is funny to find little lasses running all around the thread make una go sleep
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by 60Nine: 11:00pm On May 12, 2013
If women like ROSYL are still single and women like babyhoesisi are married, why should someone like I, see marriage as a goal?

Subject of well being is subjective......

Marriage won't affect your happiness in the long run kiss

Be happy with yourself before you can be happy with another, else you'll make both of you two miserable

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 12, 2013
Good luck
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by truelovecom: 11:01pm On May 12, 2013
ROSYL:
Pls beware of this nairalander,truelove.com. He's a gigolo.

Lol, do you know me, what makes u think am a gigolo?. @happynes chima pls dont take her serious, she just kidding...@happynes pls am still waiting for your reply
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 12, 2013
truelove.com:

Lol, do you know me, what makes u think am a gigolo?. @happynes chima pls dont take her serious, she just kidding...@happynes pls am still waiting for your reply
this guy go and sleep naa. do u think u're settled ni
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Decryptor(m): 11:05pm On May 12, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Thats what my supervisor did but i cant do that. I get a lot of attention and feel like its from people i dont want. I look younger than my age but i think my problem is that I dont give some men the chance. How many men will I try out before meeting the one. I don't want to date around. I may start telling them i want marriage from the beginning so i dont waste my time.
OP, let's just face it! You WILL NEVER GET MARRIED cos you are to proud and i sense arrogance in your comments. Give it up!! Marriage is not the likes of you because i see you as a woman who will fight your man instead of fighting for your man
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by gramci: 11:05pm On May 12, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Thats what my supervisor did but i cant do that. I get a lot of attention and feel like its from people i don't want. I look younger than my age but i think my problem is that I dont give some men the chance. How many men will I try out before meeting the one. I don't want to date around. I may start telling them i want marriage from the beginning so i don't waste my time.

I understand your situation, speaking from experience, there is no magic bullet, church, club, indoor, outside, people hook up everywhere. So forget about what they tell you about the kind of places to meet prospective suitors, the bottom line is you don't know where to meet yours, so yours might be different the conventional norm, just be yourself, never appear desperate because at 31 you are still at your prime to attract your right kind of man.

lastly, understand that there's nothing wrong with you being choosy less you fall for anything.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nwekeemmanuel: 11:06pm On May 12, 2013
Plz call me 4 real.07031098644
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 12, 2013
(60)Nine%:
If women like ROSYL are still single and women like babyhoesisi are married, why should someone like I, see marriage as a goal?

Subject of well being is subjective......

Marriage won't affect your happiness in the long run kiss

Be happy with yourself before you can be happy with another, else you'll make both of you two miserable

grin grin
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 12, 2013
Who's the owner of this site? Segun or Seun? OP has received enough contacts, and advice as well.Can we pls have this thread closed, before it turns to something bloody.
It's not good when pple e-fight themselves, instead of making constructive criticism.

Goodnight internet bunnies.. shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

My Husband Allows Another Man To Make Love To Me,”.... Wife / 40 Hilarious Memes That Perfectly Sum Up Married Life / Cheating Husband Chats With Wife On Her Fake Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.