Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,724 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Revisiting The LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, And Transgender) Debate - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Revisiting The LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, And Transgender) Debate (491 Views)

Raffi Freedman-Gurspan, First Transgender White House Official (Photos) / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revisiting The LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, And Transgender) Debate by jeffer1122: 7:04pm On May 11, 2013
The volume of responses generated by my last article entitled, “Gays and Lesbians, We Will Not Keep Quiet!” has put me under responsibility to write a sequel to address genuine concerns raised by some of my readers. First of all, I want to state that my position on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) matters is not based on dogmatic religion, popular culture or subjective morality. Rather, my stance is founded on the universal principles of conscience, common sense and character as supported by scientific and medical research. Against this background, I intend to address issues ranging from instances of homosexuality in animals to questions of individual liberty and challenges with heterosexual marriage as they affect the LGBT debate.

Incidence of homosexuality in animals is no basis for its expression in man. Unlike other members of the animal kingdom which are mainly creatures of instinct, Homo sapiens (man with intelligence) has an intellectual and a spiritual side to him. Man as an intellectual and spiritual being is expected to demonstrate a sense of good judgement beyond instinctive behaviour. Homosexuality is a primordial instinct of animality (the animal side of man as opposed to the intellectual and spiritual) which must be subjected to the higher principles of commonsense and conscience.

Happily in love: British Gay Priest Rev. Colin Coward with Nigerian Gay Fiancé Bobby Egbele

Read more:http://naija366.com/revisiting-the-lgbt-lesbiangay-bisexual-and-transgender-debate/

(1) (Reply)

Barack And Michelle Obama Top List Of Forbes World’s Most Powerful Couples 2013 / Egyptian Army Oust President Morsi After Deadline Given To Hinm To Resolve Civil / Breaking News-morsy Overthrown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.