Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,831 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (20175 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2012
The debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney today marks the first time the two candidates will be able to challenge each other directly on the economic issues that have been the focus of the presidential campaign.

determine how each candidate will fare. Romney will be on offense while Obama will be on defense

TV Channels – Each debate will be broadcast live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, as well as all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC among others.

Live Stream – Each debate will be streamed live online. Check back here for the live stream.
Topic: Domestic policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time (2am Nig Time)
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Moderator: Jim Lehrer (Host of NewsHour on PBS)

The debate will focus on domestic policy and be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on topics to be selected by the moderator and announced several weeks before the debate.

The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the topic.
http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2012-presidential-debate-schedule/
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by k2039: 9:20am On Oct 03, 2012
[size=13pt]
Live from denver.
Definately Obama all the way.

I want to see the next Romney gaffe(Romney is an accident waiting to happen).
Obama will win with ease(walk over).
[/size]
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by brightmon: 9:25am On Oct 03, 2012
Romeny have already lost it. Well cant wait to hear him.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by kenlash1(m): 9:25am On Oct 03, 2012
Call him illuminati , call him muslim call him anyfin but obama is sure taking dis man down
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by bid4rich(m): 9:27am On Oct 03, 2012
OBAMA = Original Black African Managing America.

It doesnt matter how well you speak or address people, the will of God will surely stand. Im speaking in respect of end time though

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2012
i love both candidate but i am sure Obama will beat him hands-down this guy is good a motivational speaker. When Obama is speaking, he is communicate's directly with your mind that makes him stand out.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by nonen(m): 9:49am On Oct 03, 2012
NEPA/PHCN, abeg, I take God name beg una. My Generator just broke down, needs electric coil replacement/recoil, no be moi-moi matter, but I have it on budget. I can't afford to miss this debate, and worst still, can't watch it in somebody's house. Na una hand I dey oooo!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by brightmon: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2012
nonen: NEPA/PHCN, abeg, I take God name beg una. My Generator just broke down, needs electric coil replacement/recoil, no be moi-moi matter, but I have it on budget. I can't afford to miss this debate, and worst still, can't watch it in somebody's house. Na una hand I dey oooo!
lol, i think say una say light don dey 247 now. 9ja.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2012
bandiejay: i love both candidate but i am sure Obama will beat him hands-down this guy is good a motivational speaker. When Obama is speaking, he is communicate's directly with your mind that makes him stand out.

U cant be too sure. Romney is a competent debater. At least this debate willl be more heated than the ones of 08 with mccain.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by NET1(m): 10:08am On Oct 03, 2012
nonen: NEPA/PHCN, abeg, I take God name beg una. My Generator just broke down, needs electric coil replacement/recoil, no be moi-moi matter, but I have it on budget. I can't afford to miss this debate, and worst still, can't watch it in somebody's house. Na una hand I dey oooo!

Lolest......very funny.

.NET
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Todaynatoday: 10:30am On Oct 03, 2012
I will like to see GEJ & Obama slug it out just for the fun of it. Do we have this sort of presidential debates in Nigeria?
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by slimming: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2012
Todaynatoday: Do we have this sort of presidential debates in Nigeria?

I doubt it for now.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by idmanzik: 10:38am On Oct 03, 2012
TV Channels – Each debate will be broadcast live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, as well as all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC among others.

Live Stream – Each debate will be streamed live online. Check back here for the live stream.
Topic: Domestic policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time (2am Nig Time)
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Moderator: Jim Lehrer (Host of NewsHour on PBS)

The debate will focus on domestic policy and be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on topics to be selected by the moderator and announced several weeks before the debate.

The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the topic

University is the venue...but in Nigeria, they will look for International Conference Centre, Transcorp, Eko Hotel etc to showoff. Whatever happened to Trenchard (UI), Amphi Theatre (OAU) or UNILAG Auditorium. SMH for 9ja

6 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by dasparrow: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2012

You are not an american and don't live in america either. Why are you so interested in the US presidential debate? Will Obama or Romney eventually preside over Nigeria as president? Will Nigerian leaders take note on how a proper democratic election is conducted? Will those of you back home insist that your presidential candidates in 2015 engage in a public debate before you go to the polls to vote for them? Because the last time I checked, Jonathan Goodluck refused to engage in a public presidential debate with other presidential hopefuls but granted D'Banj an entertainer an interview instead.

Yet, you people back home went to the polls enmasse to vote for GEJ and now you wonder why the man does not know what the heck he is doing as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The average Nigerian residing in Nigeria seems more concerned about the affairs of a foreign country millions of miles away on another continent than what obtains in Nigeria. Yet, you wonder why Nigerian leaders dey take una dey play yeye while you continue to suffer and smile and live in perpetual darkness without those noisy generators when you should be holding your crookish looting leaders accountable for their actions or send them packing.

8 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Mojibola(m): 10:55am On Oct 03, 2012
^^Dude, the guy want to listen to an intelligent debate, simple! Dont make a mountain out of a molehill abeg!

13 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by zeefa: 10:59am On Oct 03, 2012
idmanzik:

University is the venue...but in Nigeria, they will look for International Conference Centre, Transcorp, Eko Hotel etc to showoff. Whatever happened to Trenchard (UI), Amphi Theatre (OAU) or UNILAG Auditorium. SMH for 9ja

Mr man, can you compare the facilities there with what we have in Nigeria. Common, don't be nutty! Try and visit d white man country and see how things work accordingly.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by KayDee4: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2012
bandiejay: i love both candidate but i am sure Obama will beat him hands-down this guy is good a motivational speaker. When Obama is speaking, he is communicate's directly with your mind that makes him stand out.

It's not going to be an easy victory for Obama, Romney has been prepping hard for this, he knows what questions to anticipate and has probably been preparing for the best ways to address them. However, if he (Romney) is caught flat-footed by an unexpected random question and he's forced to go off script, then we can expect some stammering and fumbling.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2012
. Bros,PLs buy one cheap TECNO phone with TV receiver.Its between 5k and 12k.It will serve u for this debate and future levels.Cheers.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by ayobase(m): 11:29am On Oct 03, 2012
Kay-Dee:

It's not going to be an easy victory for Obama, Romney has been prepping hard for this, he knows what questions to anticipate and has probably been preparing for the best ways to address them. However, if he (Romney) is caught flat-footed by an unexpected random question and he's forced to go off script, then we can expect some stammering and fumbling.

Obama is still gonna mess the guy up....havent u listened to the guy during interviews....more of Obama, and less of himself!
It will be a traumatic nightmarish mess for him if they are to come for ransom questionings....hmmm!
And whats it with desparrow's sermon. That a man shouldnt participate in the making of a world class history?
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by ayobase(m): 11:30am On Oct 03, 2012
Kamanda: . Bros,PLs buy one cheap TECNO phone with TV receiver.Its between 5k and 12k.It will serve u for this debate and future levels.Cheers.

Channels on Local level also?
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by means(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2012
It's always interesting to watch American politics so its not a matter of of how it affects us Nigeria. Most nations of the world are always interested in American politics.
I put my money on Obama to win both the debates and the election in November

[b]You are not an american and don't live in america either. Why are you so interested in the US presidential debate? Will Obama or Romney eventually preside over Nigeria as president? Will Nigerian leaders take note on how a proper democratic election is conducted? Will those of you back home insist that your presidential candidates in 2015 engage in a public debate before you go to the polls to vote for them? Because the last time I checked, Jonathan Goodluck refused to engage in a public presidential debate with other presidential hopefuls but granted D'Banj an entertainer an interview instead.

Yet, you people back home went to the polls enmasse to vote for GEJ and now you wonder why the man does not know what the heck he is doing as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The average Nigerian residing in Nigeria seems more concerned about the affairs of a foreign country millions of miles away on another continent than what obtains in Nigeria. Yet, you wonder why Nigerian leaders dey take una dey play yeye while you continue to suffer and smile and live in perpetual darkness without those noisy generators when you should be holding your crookish looting leaders accountable for their actions or send them packing.[/b]
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by idmanzik: 11:56am On Oct 03, 2012
zeefa:

Mr man, can you compare the facilities there with what we have in Nigeria. Common, don't be nutty! Try and visit d white man country and see how things work accordingly.

Mr Man, you are the one who is nutty here cos you failed to understand my point. We are not talking about how things work or don't work. My point is clear, we can also host our debates in the University community. When we do this, then our leaders will appreciate the academic community. Students will also be happy to see their future leaders seated and drilled! #just_saying!!!

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by silvernus0: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
brightmon:
lol, i think say una say light don dey 247 now. 9ja.

off course there is light now in naija am even amazed to see that for the past 8 months when power goes off it dosent last mre that 10 min and comes back in my area before we hadlly see light.
am aslo amazed on this development and wondering what relly has hapened and what policy is resposibible for this steady power now
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
silvernus0:

off course there is light now in naija am even amazed to see that for the past 8 months when power goes off it dosent last mre that 10 min and comes back in my area before we hadlly see light.
am aslo amazed on this development and wondering what relly has hapened and what policy is resposibible for this steady power now

Romney is alredy messed up with the 47% issue, even republicans know they dont have a commendable candidate.
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by SEGAD: 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
silvernus0:

Are you sure? Please which area or part of the country?
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by nonen(m): 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
dasparrow:

You are not an american and don't live in america either. Why are you so interested in the US presidential debate? Will Obama or Romney eventually preside over Nigeria as president? Will Nigerian leaders take note on how a proper democratic election is conducted? Will those of you back home insist that your presidential candidates in 2015 engage in a public debate before you go to the polls to vote for them? Because the last time I checked, Jonathan Goodluck refused to engage in a public presidential debate with other presidential hopefuls but granted D'Banj an entertainer an interview instead.

Yet, you people back home went to the polls enmasse to vote for GEJ and now you wonder why the man does not know what the heck he is doing as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The average Nigerian residing in Nigeria seems more concerned about the affairs of a foreign country millions of miles away on another continent than what obtains in Nigeria. Yet, you wonder why Nigerian leaders dey take una dey play yeye while you continue to suffer and smile and live in perpetual darkness without those noisy generators when you should be holding your crookish looting leaders accountable for their actions or send them packing.

Na wetin DASPARROW say I do am under this hot sun? What's the time now in USA? Guy, you better wake up?

I'm a global citizen and not just a Nigerian citizen! I strieve to be a holistic person, well rounded-up in versatile fields of endeavor and knowledge. To achieve this, I follow positive things as far as I can-Obama being one of them! I've had him as a role model and mentor, I've learnt a whole lot from him, tho never met him. He is a prof, while other global leaders are students in his class.

I cant wait to see what he brings to the table this time around!
I dont have to be an American or live in American to be interested in American politics. I wouldn't want to say what your argument defines you as, in my encyclopedia; you really wont like it. However, check the meaning of GLOCAL in your own encyclopedia.

6 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by jaja77: 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
nonen:

Na wetin DASPARROW say I do am under this hot sun? What's the time now in USA? Guy, you better wake up?

I'm a global citizen and not just a Nigerian citizen! I strieve to be a holistic person, well rounded-up in versatile fields of endeavor and knowledge. To achieve this, I follow positive things as far as I can-Obama being one of them! I've had him as a role model and mentor, I've learnt a whole lot from him, tho never met him. He is a prof, while other global leaders are students in his class.

I cant wait to see what he brings to the table this time around!
I dont have to be an American or live in American to be interested in American politics. I wouldn't want to say what your argument defines you as, in my encyclopedia; you really wont like it. However, check the meaning of GLOCAL in your own encyclopedia.

My brother I love your response to that idiotic question that was posted!!! Tell em o!!!
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Benito69(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
Believe it or not, this is the most important debate in the world at the moment...the U.S.A is still a super-power and whoever leads it, is the most powerful man in the world.
Obama would be on the defensive, he now has a record he can't deny.
Romney would be on the offensive, he is the challenger.
The differences between this men is like left and right.
I support Romney though, Obama has not lived up to the hype.
After all, Obama did say if he couldn't fix the problems, he would gladly be a one-term president. grin

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by wewe1(m): 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
waiting........ what time is it right now?
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by wewe1(m): 1:06am On Oct 04, 2012
One Hour to go.......
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 04, 2012
yup still up, 2am cant come soon enuf wink
Re: Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 by drumma(m): 1:38am On Oct 04, 2012
I'm so tuned in I don't care if I get sacked for going to work late in the morning....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

U.S Supreme Court Allows The Release Of Trump's Tax Returns / Your Mouth Is Meant For Eating, Not MouthAction – Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni / Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.