Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" (1917 Views)

Amaechi, Pastor Bakare, And Farouk Adamu On Buhari's 18 Man Delegation To The US / Orji - My Commissioners, Permanent Secretaries Are Rogues / National Assembly Is A Den Of Rogues & Armed Robbers - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 11, 2013
Pastor Tunde Bakare made the following statements with regards to Tinubu's APC and the so called "progressives" in March this year during an interview with National Mirror:

"Who are the progressives in Nigeria; mention their names? Are you persuaded that they are progressives, progressive where, taking you where.....The collection of rogues, right, left and central?....Some of these governors are far richer than their states, because they are looting their states dry.
I read in the newspaper that former of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu do not own Oriental Hotel, Shoprite and others.
Who is interested in this in a decent society? Something is wrong; do they say Obafemi Awolowo owns the Cocoa House in Ibadan? Has anybody alleged that? Do they say that his wife owns the Premier Hotel in Ibadan? The reason why you have to deny this is that your hands are not clean....But I don’t see the difference between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors and the so-called progressive governors. You can ask question how much is the kilometers of road awarded as contract in Oyo State and who is doing the road...."- Pastor Bakare, March 19, 2013
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nigerian-governors-are-richer-than-their-states-bakare/
https://www.nairaland.com/1230600/bakare-speaks-apc-merger-party

The SHOCK of the century is that this same Pastor Bakare suddenly turned 360 degrees to embrace the same "progressives" he called "rogues". Pastor Bakare was reported to have moved the motion for dissolution of CPC and merger with APC in the convention that held yesterday
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/133802-jonathans-transformation-agenda-has-destroyed-nigeria-buhari.html

This further confirms the FACT that Pastor Bakare and his APC "collection of rogues" are indeed ROGUES and CONFUSED strange bird fellows, who are only interested in grabbing power for selfish gains

7 Likes

Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by koruji(m): 12:42am On May 12, 2013
OK, Amebo.
U na well done - we don hear.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Afam4eva(m): 12:50am On May 12, 2013
Was Pastor Tunde Bakare left behind by Buhari because i've not heard about him as it relates with APC.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 1:39am On May 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Was Pastor Tunde Bakare left behind by Buhari because i've not heard about him as it relates with APC.

No, hypocrite, you can tell from his interviews that while he desires a better Nigeria he doesnt really care too much about the intrigues of politics.

Oya, lets talk about South East Nigeria and why nothing seems to work there, why the Govts of that Region mistreats its citizens, and why the citizens seek solace outside their home enclave--- even fleeing to war ravaged Northern Nigeria--- in large numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 2:10am On May 12, 2013
I had a lot of admiration for this man but since he messed with Buhari,I have kept him where I kept Buhari
He lost my respect politically speaking
Why people sit and listen to his hate filled speeches on Sunday morning is what I can't fathom
I hope the sensible ones have changed Church

2 Likes

Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by kunlekunle: 2:59am On May 12, 2013
A just man is a lonely man.
Ask fela Anikulapo........
till he died
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by awodman: 6:31am On May 12, 2013
I hardly comment on all this core political topics..but this one simply cannot be ignored..
BAKARE made those statements and he didn't make them under duress..the words where strong and now here he is making a HUGE u-turn..simply a HYPOCRITE!

2 Likes

Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Gamji007: 6:46am On May 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Was Pastor Tunde Bakare left behind by Buhari because i've not heard about him as it relates with APC.
I ll advise you to hide this your post,because it will further expose your hypocritic tendency.

@op, there is no U turn in Bakare's actions at the CPC convention. CPC, his party,made a resolution to join APC, and Bakare,as a high ranking member honoured the resolution. Do you think Bakare is a chalatan like the PDP members who don't honour and respect agreements?

1 Like

Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 7:04am On May 12, 2013
kingoflag:

No, hypocrite, you can tell from his interviews that while he desires a better Nigeria he doesnt really care too much about the intrigues of politics.

Oya, lets talk about South East Nigeria and why nothing seems to work there, why the Govts of that Region mistreats its citizens, and why the citizens seek solace outside their home enclave--- even fleeing to war ravaged Northern Nigeria--- in large numbers.

I bet it that you havent been to the south east before, when it comes to development which south west state is developing pass any eastern states except Lagos and we all know is because of the formal status of the capital even at that, lots of street in that state are no go area even the roads in my village are better than it. you can talk trash about Abia state and i will agree with you?. which governors mistreat their people or do you think igbos worship their governors as you guys do? go and ask ohakim and rochas, unpon the work they are doing still ohakim has to go because of one statement he made, ask sullivan or peter obi how he is loved by his people. T.A Orji gets melted with water sachets anyday he touches Aba. here in the south east no one worships any governor no matter how you are doing..

when it comes to enclave as you put it, is not a new thing that igbos loves travelling which has made it that there is no where in the world you will go to where you wont see an igbo man so because the leave east to anyother place doesnt mean the are runing away or something like that is in their nature to travel out and live in places..

3 Likes

Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by gramci: 7:53am On May 12, 2013
gboss4sure:

I bet it that you havent been to the south east before, when it comes to development which south west state is developing pass any eastern states except Lagos and we all know is because of the formal status of the capital even at that, lots of street in that state are no go area even the roads in my village are better than it. you can talk trash about Abia state and i will agree with you?. which governors mistreat their people or do you think igbos worship their governors as you guys do? go and ask ohakim and rochas, unpon the work they are doing still ohakim has to go because of one statement he made, ask sullivan or peter obi how he is loved by his people. T.A Orji gets melted with water sachets anyday he touches Aba. here in the south east no one worships any governor no matter how you are doing..

when it comes to enclave as you put it, is not a new thing that igbos loves travelling which has made it that there is no where in the world you will go to where you wont see an igbo man so because the leave east to anyother place doesnt mean the are runing away or something like that is in their nature to travel out and live in places..

You shouldn't have dignified him with a response

3 Likes

Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 8:16am On May 12, 2013
The Democratic Party in the US counts among its constituent-members blue-collar union groups, feminists organisations, and also Dixiecrats, who harken back to the pre-segregation era both in thought and deed. In the same vein, one does not need to look far to see the Labour Party in the UK encompasses tendencies which span a left-leaning militant wing, a middle-of-the-road entity known as NuLabour, and a legion of other interest groups.

Closer to home, since it is equally clear that the PDP provides an "umblerra" for interests that are ethnically, politically, culturally, religiously, and ideologically even more diverse than the ones I have already mentioned, why should anyone expect less of the new mega party?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with drawing attention to contradictions as @OP has done in this instance, but it is the height of intellectual dishonesty not to provide an appropriate context.

1 Like

Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 8:55am On May 12, 2013
Gamji007:
I ll advise you to hide this your post,because it will further expose your hypocritic tendency.

@op, there is no U turn in Bakare's actions at the CPC convention. CPC, his party,made a resolution to join APC, and Bakare,as a high ranking member honoured the resolution. Do you think Bakare is a chalatan like the PDP members who don't honour and respect agreements?

Its either Bakare is a relative, benefactor or you have been brainwashed or probably need to be re-schooled to see the handwriting on the wall
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 8:55am On May 12, 2013
gboss4sure:

What is all this story and why bring South West into the discussion? Your whole country is one big pile of shiyyyt but some piles of shiyyyt in that hell hole stink more than others... and whether you like it or not---based on the Pictures we always see on NL and other web sites---- South East Nigeria is the stinkiest, dirtiest shiyyt in the toilet called Nigeria.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by bodejohn(m): 9:14am On May 12, 2013
Like many Nigerians, Pastor Tunde Bakare is dieing to see a Nigeria of our dreams, for this reason you see fire in many of his outburst.

But i think he is often weakened when the road to our recovery seems like a long tunnel without a light at the end, this reality makes him say or do things that make him look as a hypocrite.

How do we change the course of our nation if people with little integrity do not join political parties and contest elections? But Nigerians are quick to cast aspersions on the few with a dot of integrity as soon as they join politics.

Even Gani couldnt bring together those who could change the course of our country for better. Why couldnt people who spoke against injustice and fought for the rights of Nigerians form formidable political organisations to better the lots of Nigerians?

If you belief the all the political parties we have are worthless and cannot bring the required change we desire, how about starting one that can?
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by touch4mony: 9:14am On May 12, 2013
kingoflag:

the south east ppl are no seek solace in northern war zone those ppl their have lived there for more 20yrs or more and developed that area while ur useless progressive thiefs where busy looting ur ppl dry.I blame them for planting flowers is anoda man's house where u no say the landlord can evict u anytime.they fined it difficult to leave their wealth but my prayer in church today is for this nation to divide so all this tribalism and earthnic nonesense will stop.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by kokoA(m): 9:21am On May 12, 2013
Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with TB's position. He has his personal opinion but the his party thinks otherwise. There is no political party in the world where all her members agree with the party, but they forge ahead for the greater good.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by EMMABC1(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2013
Why is it that south westerners enjoy slavery. They know it and everybody knows, but they have refused to come of their cocoon and challenge their slave masters. The question I wud like to ask: is slavery their nature or their nurture? I need a critical.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by koruji(m): 10:19am On May 12, 2013
You need a critical lobotomy.

EMMA BC: Why is it that south westerners enjoy slavery. They know it and everybody knows, but they have refused to come of their cocoon and challenge their slave masters. The question I wud like to ask: is slavery their nature or their nurture? I need a critical.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 10:50am On May 12, 2013

Moderator indeed! You are just so biased and a lot of people know it.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by kokoA(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2013
EMMA BC: Why is it that south westerners enjoy slavery. They know it and everybody knows, but they have refused to come of their cocoon and challenge their slave masters. The question I wud like to ask: is slavery their nature or their nurture? I need a critical.
slavery that gave them the presidency for 8 solid years and speaker of the house for a good number of years while some "non-slaves" keep begging for such positions for years without getting. Politics is a game of alliances.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by kunlekunle: 12:29pm On May 12, 2013

The SW is a free nation with a defined identity and purpose in life.
When you know the truth it will set you free, stop decieving yourself.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 12, 2013
kingoflag:

What is all this story and why bring South West into the discussion? Your whole country is one big pile of shiyyyt but some piles of shiyyyt in that hell hole stink more than others... and whether you like it or not---based on the Pictures we always see on NL and other web sites---- South East Nigeria is the stinkiest, dirtiest shiyyt in the toilet called Nigeria.

Sorry, no time for bitter souls. What you claiming to know is even based on hearsay and internet pics. Sorry na ur name
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by biafransoul: 1:53pm On May 12, 2013
kingoflag:

Lol... have you ever been to the east? Just asking cos your ignorance no get part two. Bro, pls travel and see.
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by ayox2003: 4:15pm On May 12, 2013
babyosisi: I had a lot of admiration for this man but since he messed with Buhari,I have kept him where I kept Buhari

So Buhari is a man Bakare must not work with, right? He should work with GEJ who gave him N8million transport fare (bribe) from Lagos to Abuja, abi? He should work with the OBJ who enthroned an unprepared leader, abi?

babyosisi:
He lost my respect politically speaking

While he gained my respect for leading the rally that made sure the VP (GEJ) become president after the death of Yar adua. Not only that, he also led the rally against the same GEJ who removed subsidy like a dictator. He has always been with the people.

babyosisi:
Why people sit and listen to his hate filled speeches on Sunday morning is what I can't fathom
I hope the sensible ones have changed Church

If only sensible christians could be politically sensitive like Bakare, if only christians could care about national issues like Bishop Desmond Tutu, Bishop Jo Soeka, Rev Martin Luther King or even Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi of Ondo state - men who have called for change and spoken the truth about national issues.

Docility among we christians has been taken advantage of by politicians who come to christian gatherings for 'indirect' campaign.

Ma'am, Bakare has been talking about national issues since the military regime and I dont think he's gonna shut his mouth anytime soon.

Frawzey
Re: Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" by solaabujan(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2013
It isn't all that call ma name shall enter the kingdom ...saith the LORD of HOST !!!!!!!!!!wif all due respect ....I'm ashamed I used to love u talk !!!!

(1) (Reply)

The U.S And Nigeria 2015 / EXCLUSIVE-Jonathan,Muazu,Okonjo,FFK wooing Ribadu To PDP / 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.