Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped (9463 Views)

Another Lawyer Bribed Nigerian High Court Justice Yunusa With $5,000 / Jonathan Okays Sanusi As Supreme Court Justice / Senate Passes Criminal Justice Bill, Confirms Nweze Supreme Court Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Nobody: 6:42am On May 12, 2013
unmen on Friday night, abducted the wife, daughter, and driver of a Supreme Court Justice, Bode Rhodes-Vivour.

The victims were travelling to Edo State, ahead of the Justice’s daughter’s wedding ceremony.

It was learnt that they were kidnapped between Ekiadolor and Okada along along the Ore-Benin Expressway.

When contacted on the telephone, Edo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Moses Eguavoen, said he was unaware of the development.

He said, “I am not aware of that, but let me call the control room and get back to you.”

When one of our correspondents contacted, the Media Assistant to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mr. Isah Ahuraka, he confirmed the development.

He said, “Justice Rhodes-Vivour’s wife, daughter and driver were kidnapped in Benin.”

The CJN’s aide could not confirm whether the abductors have contacted the Supreme Court Justice as at the time of filing this report.

He added that the kidnapped daughter’s “marriage is coming up next weekend.”

Meanwhile, the Special Anti-Robbery Squad in Anambra State has killed seven suspected kidnappers and arrested two others.

The Public Relations Officer of the Anambra State Police Command, Mr. Emeka Chukwuemeka, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Awka on Saturday.

Chukwuemeka said the incident took place at Aguleri, Anambra-East Local Council Area at around 4.00pm on Friday.

The spokesman said two of the suspects were captured at the point of collecting a N5m ransom. He added that the suspects later took security men to their hideout, where some kidnap victims were rescued unhurt around 8.30pm.

Chukwuemeka said the ransom was recovered when the suspects engaged security men in a shoot-out.

He said one of the rescued victims, identified as Anthony, was kidnapped in Onitsha a week earlier, before he was taken into a building belonging to a Lagos-based businessman.

Another recued victim, a Lebanese contractor with Consolidated Construction Company, Mr. Roumauos Marroun, was also kidnapped at the gate of the Igbariam Campus of the Anambra State University on May 7.

SOURCE - www.punchng.com
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by eagleeye2: 6:50am On May 12, 2013
A week to her wedding...... Am thinking this kidnapping may be conncted to the wedding..... who knows if it is a jilted lover.....

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Nobody: 6:55am On May 12, 2013
I rily tink ds spate of criminal activities in Nigeria should be checked...Haba..a whole Justice of the Supreme court! And then what were his armed guards looking at? Is it only to protect him alone but his entire family? I tire for our obodo Nigeria!
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Pennywise(m): 6:59am On May 12, 2013
eagle,eye:
A week to her wedding...... Am thinking this kidnapping may be conncted to the wedding..... who knows if it is a jilted lover.....

The area mentioned is a known dark spot for arrned robberies. The boys may have chosen to diversify.

And they will kidnap you too if u are considered 'ransom worthy'. I hope they leave the bride 'untainted'. It wont be an easy thing for a young groom to take.
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by vallycan: 7:30am On May 12, 2013
Nigeria got talents an i guess kidnapin is one of d genuine talent,
it's only kidnap why not fadanap or mothernap an leave d kids alone

3 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Symphony007: 8:47am On May 12, 2013
Babymumsy: I rily tink ds spate of criminal activities in Nigeria should be checked...Haba..a whole Justice of the Supreme court! And then what were his armed guards looking at? Is it only to protect him alone but his entire family? I tire for our obodo Nigeria!
nigerian supreme court justices don't have elaborate protection, am sure if they had a moved in motorcades, nigeria will cry waste of money and corruption, futhermore last year justice bayer of the u.s supreme court was robbed in his house by a gun man so it's not something alien to nigeria alone.
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by eriegua83: 9:27am On May 12, 2013
I Pity the bride-to-be nd her mother, what a trauma before the wedding. I pray they realise them b4 d wedding.

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:05am On May 12, 2013
Symphony007: nigerian supreme court justices don't have elaborate protection, am sure if they had a moved in motorcades, nigeria will cry waste of money and corruption, futhermore last year justice bayer of the u.s supreme court was robbed in his house by a gun man so it's not something alien to nigeria alone.

I blv they need more protection than our lawmakers cos their daily lives revolve around criminals...

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Ogbuefienubiaka: 10:31am On May 12, 2013
What a pity?
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by BabaAlabi: 10:32am On May 12, 2013
Na wa o...Hope she is not too beautiful sha...R@P-
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:33am On May 12, 2013
Bad biz. Kidnapped a week to the wedding?
Kidnapping so rampant.
I hope they are not harmed before gaining their freedom, especially the bride.
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by grandpoh(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2013
D CJN no rememba wen hd dy sentence ppl 2 death by hanging,by firing squad or life imprisonment 4 no unjustly.....him own don come be dat.....Wot goes around comes around....!!!!
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by ijawkid(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2013
Na wa......
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by quest003: 10:38am On May 12, 2013
rhodes vivour??
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by alphaconde(m): 10:39am On May 12, 2013
Shouldn't we give the kidnappers amnesty?
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Nten: 10:39am On May 12, 2013
Kidnapping in Nigeria has assumed a different dimension were the ransom negotiator or the victim or even both are killed and money carted away. I hope this time around molestation wuldnt be inclusive cos the victim live with the trauma psychologically 4 long
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by yuzedo: 10:41am On May 12, 2013
grandpoh: D CJN no rememba wen hd dy sentence ppl 2 death by hanging,by firing squad or life imprisonment 4 no unjustly.....him own don come be dat.....Wot goes around comes around....!!!!
Re-read what you wrote. Ruminate on it for a minute. If it still makes sense to you, I have nothing more to say to you and rest my case. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:41am On May 12, 2013
Jonathan's Nigeria is an insecure Nigeria where all manners of crimes are committed with brazen impunity.
It's a government for the terrorists, kidnappers, militias and convicted felons.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Chinwem(f): 10:43am On May 12, 2013
Nigeria is imploding as a country

Only God.......

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by jmoore(m): 10:44am On May 12, 2013
Kidnapping is one of the easiest crime to deal with.
Use the ransom as a bait and take out the criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by bunchyproject(m): 10:48am On May 12, 2013
God Pls Intervene
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by hardbody: 10:48am On May 12, 2013
grandpoh: D CJN no rememba wen hd dy sentence ppl 2 death by hanging,by firing squad or life imprisonment 4 no unjustly.....him own don come be dat.....Wot goes around comes around....!!!!

Please read what you just posted. If it makes sense to you, then you are wise, if however for any reason you think it was a silly post, then............

You may wish to know however that judges are the ones empowered under the law to pronounce death sentence on people and they do this on behalf the state meaning you and I and that also explains why do not easily pass death sentences. Finally, the chief Executive of the state is the only person that signs the death warrant . Just so you learn.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by hardbody: 10:50am On May 12, 2013
yuzedo:
Re-read what you wrote. Ruminate on it for a minute. If it still makes sense to you, I have nothing more to say to you and rest my case. undecided

Lol@ yuzedo, if I had read our post I wouldn't have posted mine. It's nice to see we spoke or rather wrote alike on that point

2 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Artistree: 10:56am On May 12, 2013
The trauma alone is traumatizing I only hope they are not assaulted I fear more when females are abducted, the Ohio case in point.
In another news, have I ever told you how much I luv u, Yuzedo? Dat was so on point with dat creaminal grandpah making dat cynical remark...How ur Plantain Hiland neighbours 2day?
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by antifat(m): 10:58am On May 12, 2013
FG Insecurity,Boko Boys,amnesty,and now kidnappers!!!!......where are we going,those guys wud av make necessary preparation ahead of d marriage,chai!!!!
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by eagle999: 10:58am On May 12, 2013
Nigerians are a dynamic set of people. We only think about social ills that affect us at D moment without thinking about its effects on our children and our and their future. We as citizens of this country must come together as 1. We should all be interested in how we are governed, whom our elected reps in public are, what are their manifestos apart from the parties they represent. We can all do this collectively by ADOPTING A POLITICAL PARTY different from the ruling PDP or the opposition MERGING APC, they have nothing new to offer. We have LABOUR NCP ETC to pick from, get interested in Neighborhood Politics and educate ourselves why things have to change by means of the ballot and not by a bloody revolution which is being favored by the ELITES to cover their crimes against FUTURE PROSECUTION. YES WE CAN................

6 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by tspun(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2013
God answer my country prayer na. When will all this rubish stop ?

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by Nobody: 11:02am On May 12, 2013
One tragedy too many.
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by slimfit1(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2013
The driver should be released please if he is not part of the kidnappers.
Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by mekaboy(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2013

You must be a criminal and very soon u will be sentenced.

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Justice's Wife And Daughter Kidnapped by mekaboy(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2013
Prof Corruption: Jonathan's Nigeria is an insecure Nigeria where all manners of crimes are committed with brazen impunity.
It's a government for the terrorists, kidnappers, militias and convicted felons.

How this one take concern jonathan? Is he the state governor where the pple were kidnapped?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Will Continue Biafra Course If Released, Kanu’s Wife Declares / FFK: 99% Of Buhari's Supporters Will Kiss His Old Arse If He Wanted Them To / Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.