Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? (45745 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 12, 2013
do they even still transport people via sea?? I tot its only cargo.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Vincent41(m): 1:32pm On May 12, 2013
Hahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....Nairaland is de best place ro come and ve joke....men u guys are killing here with laugh,i just wish am with any of una number i will just call de person,i don laugh tire...

@poster...de best way to travel is by Witchcraft...lozzzz.....laughing and dancing mtn i don port by saka

3 Likes

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Vincent41(m): 1:34pm On May 12, 2013
temiosunrinde: Hi nairlanders,
i really need a detailed info on how to travel by sea from Lagos to united states of america by sea . I want to know how much it costs and what it entails because google has failed to provide info on this all am seeing is air air air air air....

What does it entails to travel to Los Angeles by sea and how much, where can one find those shipping people>>>>

Please sensible replies alone from adults kids please stay off this thread thanks alot

de best way is by Witch craft..lozzz
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Denn(m): 1:34pm On May 12, 2013
So why do you guys call GEJ clueless with all these responses?

7 Likes

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 12, 2013
It really depends on what area of the U.S you are going to but....I'll break it down for you though.... When I was in the Navy.. we left from San Diego, CA, it took us about a month and some days to get to the African sea....but we also stopped at couple of other places....traveling by sea can be f-ing awesome but..it depends on what type of ship you are traveling on...people you are traveling with....whether or not the are properly stocked with food and drinks....and how many stops they make at other locations.......but I would advice you to take a plane instead because a round trip plane ticket is only about $880-950..which is not much at all.......but I love the sea

5 Likes

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by leonshom(m): 1:41pm On May 12, 2013
Guy, google no go fit answer cuz e get brain pass u nd e no dey even xpect dat kai question 4rm any1, i go advice u make u 4low desert enta, jez get a Camel nd begin d Journey. I no knw mayb dem swear 4u make u die nii ! Shebi garri don tire u, dey go USA naa!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by pendo89(f): 1:44pm On May 12, 2013
By the way do cruise ships dock in Nigeria? Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by ZACHIE: 1:47pm On May 12, 2013
Cruise ships and boats abound
From Liverpool under bridge you find them in their hordes, ready to cruise you to anywhere
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by churific(m): 1:55pm On May 12, 2013
I don't think you'll ever find a commercial ship that goes from Nigeria to the United States. That makes no sense at all given the ridiculous distance and time.

Your best bet would be to get in touch with a cargo ship and ride as a crew member and maybe you'll have a chance.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by chlowi(f): 2:01pm On May 12, 2013
Swim

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by WarriBoyz: 2:07pm On May 12, 2013
By sea? On a boat? Nah slave journey be that now. Or shey na 'historical re-enactment'?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by sucessful1: 2:09pm On May 12, 2013
Titanic is d way 2 go Man.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by idriis: 2:10pm On May 12, 2013
youngay: U may travel by hole. undecidedU may travel by hole.
hole? Lmao! Hin na mole?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by ojjp: 2:11pm On May 12, 2013
D rate at which some ppl re desperate is quite unimaginable. If u can be desperate 4 d things of God dis way, even US ll be lookin 4u.
OP is frm ... (A) North (B)East (C) West (D) South.
Let's knw ppl who re psychologicaly inclined.
D game is up.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Afritop(m): 2:11pm On May 12, 2013
If Nigerians can't be issued visa to travel by air, they should at least be given visa to travel by sea. Besides it is much easier to smuggle yourself into the ship without getting caught rather than the aeroplane where measures will be taken to prevent your exit to the US. And if you are caught in the plane the humiliation is so much than the ship. Its just that they might throw you inside the water if you are caught in the ship and there you can continue the rest of the journey to the US.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by lacicrips(m): 2:13pm On May 12, 2013
I'm sure people traveled overseas regularly before airplanes were made.

@OP, if its for adventure as you rightly pointed out, why not travel smaller distances/route? But if you insist, your best bet would be to travel with one of the numerous cargo companies as part of the crew members. I doubt if you'll find a commercial shipping company solely dedicated to transporting of passengers.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by idriis: 2:16pm On May 12, 2013
Bros...go back and ask google very well. If u no get di answer carry bible read Matthew chapter 21:10 goodluck!
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by roughdiamond(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2013
pls how much does cost by air cos i want to travel soon
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Policewoman(f): 2:27pm On May 12, 2013
Go to Nigerian Ports Authority and ask them. Stop bothering us here.

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 12, 2013
...the cost to travel by sea to the U.S. is #Death....please don't try it.the voyage is not glorious....
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by pappykay360: 2:37pm On May 12, 2013
:travelling from nigeria to d united state by sea Dats another easy way of committing suicide cry

2 Likes

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by AK481(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2013
Uchenna42: My candid advise to you is to travel through jungle........trust M̶̲̅ε̲ on this.....travelling through sea can be harzardous....when compared to travelling through jungle grin

Lol.if him be 25yrs old, by the time him reach america him go don reach america him go don reach 95 yeard.so op travel tru the jungle wit you galfriend,so incase you die you children will inherit the journey.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by FreeWill01: 2:41pm On May 12, 2013
Check well, the OP is from your village

ojjp: D rate at which some ppl re desperate is quite unimaginable. If u can be desperate 4 d things of God dis way, even US ll be lookin 4u.
OP is frm ... (A) North (B)East (C) West (D) South.
Let's knw ppl who re psychologicaly inclined.
D game is up.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 12, 2013
if you want to take a cruise ship, you will have to fly down to europe first but you wont be able to get off the ship in America because u no get visa
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by delors(m): 2:45pm On May 12, 2013
wbankz: See wetin dey make front page nw 4 nairaland!!! Nawa o o 4dis seun self. Beta topics full ground o
Thank you my bros...na so so yeye irrelevancies dey make FP when my story plenty inside there Seun with him 3 3 belle no gree send dem go FP....instead, dem just dey remix my story give credit to someone else.
And to imagine I log on to this site every hour of the day to check whatsup when i for just use my time do something else cry
As for that kolo guy wey wan travel by sea go USA, go Tincan Island, ask those agent guys, dem fit get idea as to how many years e go take dem cargo u to US...hopefully, less than 3 years all things being equal. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by peruso: 2:45pm On May 12, 2013
Richy.:
I know that in life we take big risk to survive but why do you want to travel by sea? is it that you are trying to be economical or you enjoy the sea breeze or that you enjoy 50days journey

My tots exactly
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by solomon111(m): 2:54pm On May 12, 2013
Why do you want to travel through sea?
Are you trying to depict the trans-atlantic slave trade?
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by BusHouse(m): 2:54pm On May 12, 2013
op, my advise is for you to go to badagry. Ask for mr livinstone, he is the m.d of black star liner owned by the late marcus mossiah garvey, give him your particulars & sign all doted lines, just negotiate because there is no fix price, but make sure you carry at lest 20kg of GARRI & 5kg of KULI KULI along. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 12, 2013
Chillypelly: I can assure you, the hand of God is not in this one.
Same here. Really God is not awear of this his plean.
Re: Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? by wakes: 2:56pm On May 12, 2013
i.meller:
Firstly, you shouldn't think of sea travel as a way to beat an air fare - it isn't. Unlike flying, it can be a richly rewarding experience. You should expect to pay a minimum of about $1,500 per person each way, depending on the route and the cabin.

Sea travel is only cheaper than flying when you consider the many days you will spend on board (which has to be compared to a hotel stay ashore) with three full meals a day and a private cabin. And drinks on board cargo ships are not only tax and duty free, but also profit free (what is call bonded stock).

You can search for Lucan Travel cruise line and write them an Email.
meaning it's possible to travel by sea to the US?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Middle East-bound Cargo Ship Capsizes With 4,200 Hyundai And Kia Cars On Board / Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 / Opebi Lagos Helicopter Crash: Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu Condole With Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.