Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,928 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free (33860 Views)

Need Help To Get Cheapest Flight From Lagos To Trinidad And Tobago / Travelling To Trinidad And Tobago / Socail Visit Visa To Trinindad And Tobago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by bjokafor: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2006
plz could anyone tell me if ghanaian international passport is visa free to trinidad and tobago .

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by kiwibabe(f): 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2006
From what I can make out, you do not require a visa if you are from a commonwealth country. That surprisingly includes Nigeria. So I am assuming that you do need a Visa. Check out the information below, that should give you a bit more of a clearer idea. I can't believe I am saying this, But for the first time in History I think you would be better travelling with a Nigerian passport if you are trying to avoid getting a visa HINT! HINT!. But hey, thats only my advice. Anyways check out the link below:

Who requires a visa?

Required by all except:
(a) 1. nationals of EU countries for stays not exceeding 3 months;
(b) 2. nationals of Canada and the USA for stays not exceeding 3 months;
(c) nationals of Commonwealth countries, except Australia, Bonaire, Cameroon, India, Maldives, Mozambique, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tuvalu, and Uganda for stays not exceeding 3 months;
(d) nationals of Argentina, Aruba, Brazil, Colombia, Curacao, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Norway, Saba, Surinam, St. Eustatius, St Maarten, Switzerland, and Turkey for stays not exceeding 3 months;
(e) nationals of Korea (Rep) for stays not exceeding 90 days.

What documents will be required?

Valid passport required by all persons aged 16 years and over. Passport must be valid at least for the 6 months from date of return.

Note: All visitors must be in possession of a valid return ticket to their country of residence or citizenship and sufficient funds to maintain themselves whilst in Trinidad & Tobago.
Application requirements: (a) Completed application form. (b) One passport-size photograph. (c) Valid passport. (d) Letter of invitation or evidence of hotel booking. (e) Letter from employer. (f) Fee. (g) Travel itinerary.

Application to: Consulate (or Consular section at Embassy or High Commission); see Contact Addresses section.

Time required to issue visa:

Tourist visas will normally be issued within 10 working days. Applications from the following nationals may take up to 4 weeks: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, China, Croatia, Cuba, Macedonia, Korea (Dem Rep), Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, and Vietnam.

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/trinidad_and_tobago_visa.htm#req

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2006
u dey find awoof grin
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by jammin(m): 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2006
bet you gonna need one!!!! trini closing its borders like everyone else. incidentally if you can get a jcan visa how much you willing to pay? grin
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by LondonCool(m): 11:58pm On Dec 21, 2006
You can travel without a visa but you would need to give proof of invitation on arrival to the T & T Immigration there.
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by Tats(m): 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2007
You do not need a visa to travel to Trinidad with a Ghanaian passport. However, you need a visa with a Nigerian passport. Read this carefully:

http://www.immigration.gov.tt/applicationloader.asp?app=articles&id=694

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by K2: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2007
Na wa o. Common Trinidad dey disown us? I hope the Nigerian government is reciprocating likewise? All these countries should wait till our economy finally turn around, we'd make them pay through their noses.
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by princeonx: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2007
Reciprooo all you want! none of these citizens give a f**k about visiting 9ja!
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by travelxpat(m): 4:58pm On May 19, 2009
HI
LondonCool:

You can travel without a visa but you would need to give proof of invitation on arrival to the T & T Immigration there.
T ANDT HAS HER EMBASSY IN ABUJA NIGERIA.DONT BE DEICIEVED ABOUT THOSE WEBSITES EXEMPTING NIGERIANS .INFACT YOU ALSO NEED ADDITIONAL 560K AS REPARTRIATION FEE WHICH MUST BE PAID INTO THERE ACCOUNT AT THE APPROVAL OF YOUR VISA ,WETHER FOR STUDENT,TOURIST,BUSINESS VISAS ETC
HMM SO WHO AMONGS YOU SAID ITS VISA FREE?
THE PROCESSING PERIOD IS 4 WEEKS
PERIOD, GET UPDATED
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by noblegas2(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2009
travelxpat:

HI T ANDT HAS HER EMBASSY IN ABUJA NIGERIA.DONT BE DEICIEVED ABOUT THOSE WEBSITES EXEMPTING NIGERIANS .INFACT YOU ALSO NEED ADDITIONAL 560K AS REPARTRIATION FEE WHICH MUST BE PAID INTO THERE ACCOUNT AT THE APPROVAL OF YOUR VISA ,WETHER FOR STUDENT,TOURIST,BUSINESS VISAS ETC
HMM SO WHO AMONGS YOU SAID ITS VISA FREE?
THE PROCESSING PERIOD IS 4 WEEKS
PERIOD, GET UPDATED

Lol, those Abuja Stuff are Plain Thieves dat wants to Exploit ppl, U can simply Apply for a Visa Waiver Programme & it normally take less dan a week, u fax ur documents 2 dere Immigration and dey reply U as well men, wen u get to Port of Spain, U get ur Visa on Arrival, dats just anoda alternativ & more faster
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by Vicjustice: 12:28am On Aug 11, 2009
/ 11AUG09 / 0026 UTC
National Nigeria (NG)
Destination Trinidad and Tobago (TT)

Trinidad and Tobago (TT)

Passport required.
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
for the period of stay.

Visa required.
Visa Issuance:
- On arrival: if required, it is possible to apply for a visa
waiver provided For details, click here
Minors:
- Foreign minors must For details, click here
Additional Information:
- Visitors must hold the documents necessary for their onward
or return journey and a return or through ticket or
sufficient funds for their purchase in which case the
appropriate amount must be deposited with the immigration
officer. Moreover, any visitor must have a fixed address in
Trinidad & Tobago (hotel etc.).
- In connection with the outbreak of influenza A(H1N1), all
passengers and crew will be required to complete an "Acute
Respiratory Illness Surveillance declaration form.
- The wearing of camouflage clothing,
For details, click here
Warning:
- Non-compliance with the entry requirements, (e.g. expired
passports, missing return or through tickets, documents for
the next destination, visas or visa waiver approval) may
result in considerable fines for transporting carrier and
deportation of passenger.

CHECK TINEWS/N1 - GHANA: VISA ON ARRIVAL FACILITY

Timaticweb Version 1.3
11 August 2009
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by vikiviko(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2009
There is T&T embassy in Abuja.

Below are the various visa requirements;

Business/Vacation/Visit:
• Two (2) completed application forms (duly signed by the Applicant); Two (2) recent
coloured passport size photographs ( full face, no dark glasses);

• Passport valid for six months for the duration of intended stay in Trinidad and Tobago

• Non-refundable Visa Fee four thousand naira (N4, 000.00)

• Financial Statement (last three months before the date of application)

• Payment of SECURITY BOND DEPOSIT in the sum of five hundred and sixty
thousand naira (N560,000.00) (per applicant), this is refundable after the visitor
returns to Nigeria.

Refund is processed within one week of the request. Only the applicant can request
and collect a refund.

Please be informed that if application is made in person, the Mission will give the
applicant a letter of authorization to make the deposit of the BOND at Diamond
Bank. The deposit slip is to be returned to the Mission in exchange for the Mission’s
receipt. If the application is sent by courier, payment of Security Bond is still a
requirement.

The Mission accepts Diamond Bank Drafts payable to Trinidad and Tobago
High Commission

In a case whereby approval is granted by the IMMIGRATION DIVISION,
TRINIDAD and TOBAGO to waive the SECURITY BOND DEPOSIT, the
applicant will be required to be in possession of a valid return ticket with a
confirmed date of arrival to his/her homeland or country.

• Formal letter of invitation from persons to be visited in Trinidad and Tobago or a
confirmed hotel reservation. Formal letter of invitation must include document
showing the person’s immigration status in Trinidad and Tobago, if the person is not
a national of Trinidad and Tobago. Invitation letter should also clearly state the name,
address and contact details of person inviting applicant. Informal email invitations
will not accepted.
• Travel / Flight Itinerary

• Proof of business (if self employed) i.e. business registration document

• The original medical qualification and registration certificate with Medical and
Dental Board of Nigeria are required for Medical Practitioners visiting Trinidad and
Tobago. Certified copies will not be accepted.

• Introduction Letter from applicant’s employer valid 3 months before date of
application

• Monthly Pay-slip valid 3 months before the time of application

• Proof of business i.e. registration document

• If traveling on business, a letter from the applicant’s company detailing the purpose
of visit, duration of stay, name of contact at company/organization intending to visit
in Trinidad and Tobago is required.
Kindly note that traveling salesmen with no established agents in Trinidad and
Tobago require a license if they are entering for the purpose of receiving or
soliciting orders
Two (2) copies of all documents must be submitted with the originals
application forms can be obtained

Visa application forms can be obtained online at www.ttmissionsnigeria.com or
www.immigration.gov.tt

Forms MUST BE printed on both sides of the page.

Please note that applications are sent to Trinidad and Tobago for approval and that
applications should be submitted at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of intended
departure.

Persons who wish to study in Trinidad and Tobago:
• Two (2) completed application forms (duly signed by the Applicant and Two (2)
recent coloured passport size photograph (no dark glasses);

• Passport valid for at least six months for the duration of intended stay in Trinidad and
Tobago

• Current Financial Statement from parent/sponsor(s) for last three months before the
application

• Original copy of West African Examination Council (WAEC) Senior School
Certificate or University Degree, whichever is applicable

• A letter from the Ministry of Education stating that the degree to be pursued is not
available in Nigeria. This is applicable to students who wish to study at the Caribbean

Union College now University of Southern Trinidad
• Letter of Acceptance from educational institution in Trinidad and Tobago;

• Evidence of payment of School Fees

• Payment of SECURITY BOND DEPOSIT in the sum of five hundred and sixty
thousand naira (N560,000.00) (per applicant), This is refundable after the visitor
returns to Nigeria.

Refund is processed within one week of the request. Only the applicant can request
and collect a refund.
Please be informed that if application is made in person, the Mission will give the
applicant a letter of authorization to make the deposit of the BOND at Diamond
Bank. The deposit slip is to be returned to the Mission in exchange for the Mission’s
receipt. If the application is sent by courier payment of Security Bond is still a
requirement.
The Mission accepts Diamond Bank Drafts payable to Trinidad and Tobago
High Commission
• Proof of sufficient money to maintain yourself during the period of study

• Travel / Flight Itinerary

Two (2) copies of all documents must be submitted with the originals
Visa application forms can be obtained online at www.ttmissionsnigeria.com or
www.immigration.gov.tt
Forms MUST BE printed on both sides of the page.
Please note that applications are sent to Trinidad and Tobago for approval and that
applications should be submitted at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of intended
departure.
Payment for fees for certificates emanating from The Registrar General should be made
by a money order payable to the Registrar General of Trinidad and Tobago.
In the case of a request for a Certificate of Character, payment should be made to the
Commissioner of Police and that of Divorce Decree to the Registrar Supreme Court.
The Diplomatic Mail Service charge on these certificates is fixed at (N400.00)
FEES FOR PASSPORTS AND VISAS
PASSPORTS
RENEWAL
ADULT: N6,200.00 (Six thousand, two hundred naira) only
MINOR: N4, 600.00 (Four thousand, six hundred naira) only
STOLEN OR MUTILATED
ADULT: N6,200.00 (Six thousand, two hundred naira) only
MINOR: N 4, 600.00 (Four thousand, six hundred naira) only
LOST
ADULT: N13, 500.00 (Thirteen thousand, five hundred naira) only
MINOR: N12, 500.00 (Twelve thousand, five hundred naira) only
TAMPERED
ADULT: N20, 000.00 (Twenty thousand naira) only
MINOR: N20, 000.00 (Twenty thousand naira) only
VISA FEE:

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by noblegas2(m): 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
D best way for a Nigerian & d easiest is to Travel Under the VISA WAIVER PROGRAMME, saves time,mOney & stress
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by zewditu(f): 3:31am On Jun 22, 2010
yes thats why it have soo many naija people here once you open your mouth we recognize you
But we accept you nad still try to make you feel comfortable, until u start refererin to as small islanders who less than
if so dont bother comin here eh! Stay home if the glory of nigeria to sweet for you to part with and accept and be part of Trini culture
After all i know u not spendin naira here you comin to get trini money soo be nice nah and quit the patritism among us, u not soo different
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by snowdrops(m): 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
This must go down as the thread with the highest view to comment ratio. Over 12500 views and only 18 posts shocked shocked
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by marydre: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2010
please can someone help me with flight from nigeria to trinidad and tobago. i need cheap flights
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by Firefire(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
pls google to get the cheap flight
www.google.com
www.google.ca
www.google.co.uk
and other search engine
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by kennybuda: 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2011
trinidad and tobago, i hope your going there with a bag of garri and full sack of sugar once it get finish then return home, na must say everybody go live abroad ? wetin happen with our country oh God have your mercy embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by frank94(m): 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
Please I need info and advice about this country trinidad and tobago.what's the cost of flight and how's the country like.

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by frank94(m): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2013
So no one can give me info about this country,should I assume that their is no nairalander or nigerian in this part of the world:trinindad and tobago(west indies).
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by jamesife(m): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2013
You sound more like a lousy fellow. Imagine wink shocked Even if your dad is the consular of their embassy if @ all they have one here I expect you to act matured and not showw the obvious (desperate to scam). Thank God some dude who call them same know it all...V.......tice v not wiped your ass yet with some nasty words!!

weFly: you very lucky for me to come on here today ... cos you have just gotten your visa to TnT with my service .... thats what i do for living ... i can give you Visa to Trindad n Tobago in just 14days ..... i have sent lots of guys there in resent time ... i can show you the visa if you want .... call me on 07032606032 if you have interest
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by richlove29: 11:25am On Jan 03, 2014
Hello Friends Please I want to use this time to inform you that No body to should make any attempt to apply or planing,Preparing to visit Trinidad and Tobago, Because we were very arrrased Yesterday after all the money we have spent to get their Visa and they treated us Like a poo at the Port of Entry in Piarco Airport Trinidad And deport us back Imidiately with No reason Or questions from Us..
Please My fellow Nigerians Let have a good thought towards ourself and chase this Nonsence silly Naughty Person Trinidad and tobago Emabassy Away From Our country They are Using us to make money And I am even crying Now Brother sisters.. Please let stop Nonsence and let look better forther I have wasted over 1million 2hundred thousand And me my friend was deported without reason No crime And nothing allowed.... Please say somethings brother.. this ppl need to be stop before is too late the embassy need to be burnt away ....Everyone here should use my own to learn a lesson.... Never ever Travel to T and T they are really Bastardly sucks... thank you
Re: Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free by richlove29: 11:28am On Jan 03, 2014
Please Nigerians Dont waste your money to Travel to that very stupid Trinidad because they will deport you back home...ooooooooooooooooooo let listen uppppppppppppppppppppppppppp I have wasted all my money now

(1) (2) (Reply)

BRT Driver Faints While Driving In Oshodi, Lagos (photos) / Caterpillar Accident Hits Agulu, Anambra State - Pictures / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.