Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? (26870 Views)

Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? / Can I Travel 2 Weeks Before Visa Expiration? / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by amayoyo: 11:59am On Jun 07, 2011
please i need some one to give me a candid advice on this. i am here as visitor and had a baby few weeks back. i actually came in around May. i will like to leave the uk by the end of july. i have my passport and a valid visa but how do i get my baby home with me. some say i need a travel certicate for him, i've checked the website but didn't find anything about travelling with a baby. thanks
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Xtfield(m): 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
Why make a mountain out of a mole hill? Just strap the baby to your back. Chikena. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by amayoyo: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
very funny please i need a serious answer
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by bcsman: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2011
I believe you can get your baby a Nigerian passport, at least he wont need a visa to enter Nigeria
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by KennyG6(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
Speak to someone in Nigerian House
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by busybody20: 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2011
Get his Long Birth certificate
Have him put on your passport (if its d old one) at d nig embassy
with that u shd be able to fly -Though i m not sure oo, GO to Nig embassy London for more details, DONT bother ringing their tel no, it hardly gets picked.
Just Visit them at the office for your enquiry
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by TeeJay6(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^and make sure you are prepared to pay your NHS bill, no such thing as free healthcare sad
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by fireline: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
Sounds like baby has not been registered or you would have no problem.
Have you had baby here & not paid health care bills.
Now cannot register and want to run away like so many others.
Speak truth now.
If you get caught at airport they may put you and baby in dettention center till you pay.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by amayoyo: 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2011
i do not understnd what you mean by baby did not register do you mean birth registration. actually no bill was paid because am a regular caller to this country and have registered with a surgery a long time so hen i became pregnant i just came and was reffered to the hospital. no one asked me to pay any bill.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by amayoyo: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2011
tee jay are you saying i should go now pay the bills? which i was not billed.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by busybody20: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
amayoyo:

tee jay are you saying i should go now pay the bills? which i was not billed.

Mu hehehhee No wonder you have been adviced straight by Dodgy Nigerians in London to go straight for Travel certificate. grin

Now i understand better mu hehehehe grin

Do you have d Long birth certificate?
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by busybody20: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
amayoyo:

i do not understnd what you mean by baby did not register do you mean birth registration. actually no bill was paid because am a regular caller to this country and have registered with a surgery a long time so hen i became pregnant i just came and was reffered to the hospital. no one asked me to pay any bill.

Are you kidding me?

Is this another opportunity to test the waters on the forum to gain more knowledge by deceit or what?

***Why do I feel you are lying***? like https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-677369.0.html
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by TeeJay6(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
amayoyo:

Being a regular visitor does not entitle you to free healthcare, do you pay NI? are you normally resident in the UK> if the answer is no then start saving some dosh because HMRC and NHS will hunt you down for that bill! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by fireline: 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2011
It was obvious from the start.
Most people rush to register birth in Uk to gain any benefit or passport.
Poster is regular visitor but pays no UK taxes so has STOLEN care from NHS.
She knows very well that she should pay for birth and wants to get out of the country before being caught.
What this will lead to is Nigerians being made to pay up front for medical care to stop fraud.
This woman should be caught and imprissoned for fraud by nhs
Baby will be put in care while she is in prison then deported.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by paris10: 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
fireline:

It was obvious from the start.
Most people rush to register birth in Uk to gain any benefit or passport.
Poster is regular visitor but pays no UK taxes so has STOLEN care from NHS.
She knows very well that she should pay for birth and wants to get out of the country before being caught.
What this will lead to is Nigerians being made to pay up front for medical care to stop fraud.
This woman should be caught and imprissoned for fraud by nhs
Baby will be put in care while she is in prison then deported.

You sound too wicked to me though!

Prison? no, what about firing squad?!!! Anywaz, @poster listen, Your child can not travel out of the country without a valid passport (British or any valid stamp) because she was born here. Best option, get her a Nigerian passport then leave her with a relative or friend that's got a British passport or ILR to be her legal guardian.

By doing this, your friend or relative would then register the child as a British citizen by birth. You can visit anytime to see your child. if you want your child to come with you to 9ja  as a visitor, you have to get a written permit from the legal guardian. Make sure you return her back not more than 90 days. She's still your child as long as you don't declare it wink
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
paris10:

You sound too wicked to me though!

Prison? no, what about firing squad?!!! Anywaz, @poster listen, Your child can not travel out of the country without a valid passport (British or any valid stamp) because she was born here. Best option, get her a Nigerian passport then leave her with a relative or friend that's got a British passport or ILR to be her legal guardian.

By doing this, your friend or relative would then register the child as a British citizen by birth. You can visit anytime to see your child. if you want your child to come with you to 9ja  as a visitor, you have to get a written permit from the legal guardian. Make sure you return her back not more than 90 days. She's still your child as long as you don't declare it  wink
Are u for really? Leave a new born baby in the UK and travel back to Nigeria cos she want to dodgy paying for child birth? Are u not wicked? How can the 'legal guardian' register a child without the authority making inquiry about  who the real parent are?
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
Not sure what's being asked here. What's the rush to travel so soon, as your visa's still valid? At a few weeks old, I believe your baby's too young to be subjected to an 8-hour flight. Some adults really suffer with the pressurised cabin in a modern airliner, especially during the initial ascent. Do you want to put your newborn through that?

Amayoyo, you can't add your baby to your passport, regardless of which one you have, that was stopped many years ago. Babies need their own passport to travel. You can apply for a passport for your newborn, but bear in mind, the form has a lot of questions you'll need to answer, so be prepared. There's also a section for the father's details to be input, if he's British, his passport number will also be needed. Is your baby's father still in the picture? Is he in the UK or Nigeria?

There may be details asked about your own nationality, I can't remember it all, I applied for my baby daughter's birth certificate 2 weeks after her birth, and her British passport shortly after. You need to tread carefully, before you get yourself into a situation you don't want to be in.

Have you applied for the long version of your baby's birth certificate? Has the birth been registered? There's a small fee to pay for the long version of the birth certificate, I think it's about £5. The short version's free, but you can't apply for a passport with it.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by paris10: 1:42am On Jun 08, 2011
justwise:

[/b] Are u for really? Leave a new born baby in the UK and travel back to Nigeria cos she want to dodgy paying for child birth? Are u not wicked? How can the 'legal guardian' register a child without the authority making inquiry about  who the real parent are?

Sorry, ma bad! 4got the child is weeks old. Regarding the authority, leave that one!. I will suggest @poster that you obtain a 9ja passport. It now take up to six months to get an interview date, but don't worry, after printing your payment and acknowledgement receipt (it shows your interview date), go straight to the embassy and tell them you have an emergency at home. They'll allow you in and you can then either seek for a TC or passport for your child.

I suggest you go for the TC because you might not have enough days on your visa to stay behind for the passport processing. More so, because you're leaving for Nigeria, you won't be questioned as such. They already wants you and your child out in the first place.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Busybody2(f): 4:41am On Jun 08, 2011
amayoyo:

please i need some one to give me a candid advice on this. i am here as visitor and had a baby few weeks back. i actually came in around May. i will like to leave the uk by the end of july. i have my passport and a valid visa but how do i get my baby home with me. some say i need a travel certicate for him, i've checked the website but didn't find anything about travelling with a baby. thanks

You could either:

* You could apply for a Nigerian Passport for your lil bambini (horrendous waiting list, 6 months and beyond at the last check), once you get the passport, and then apply for FLR(O) for your baby to make it easier for them to come back to UK with you next time wihout needing to apply for a visa.

* If you have the old Machine Readable Passport, have your baby endorsed onto it at the Nigerian High Commission in London for £25. (b)When you get to Nigeria, apply for the baby's passport and go to the UK High Commission in Lagos to request for a dependant visa for the baby, within 2 years of his/her departure from the UK, he/she would be entitled and be automatically granted the visa based on your current visa status. You are required to hand in your own visa too, because your baby's visa would be endorsed with the same remaining length of time as yours.

* Call the IMMIGRATION ENQUIRY BUREAU on 0870 606 7766, to enquire if they can allow you to apply for a FLR(O) for your baby on a Travel certificate, and if they say yes, you can apply for a travel certificate from the Nigerian High Commission in one day. If the answer is no, you can still use the travel certificate for the baby and then get to Nigeria and repeat (b) as above.

* Stay back in UK, your child is not entitled to automatic citizenship and a British passport, but the child is always entitled to everything a British citizen is entitled to. Before you would have had to go underground, now with the recent Zambrano case, you have the right to raise your child and reside in his/her Country of birth.

amayoyo:

I am not one to judge, I leave that to God, afterall its His job, but hope you have heard the saying that "Ignorance is not an excuse in law".

You might get away with it. . . but if push comes to shove and you are found wanting, you would not expected to fork out more than £1,200 for normal delivery.

Stay safe and still feel free to come back to seek further clarification, bet you have heard about sticks and stones too wink
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by amayoyo: 10:09am On Jun 08, 2011
thank you very much i find your advice very useful. it seems more reasonable and time saving to get the child endorsed on my old passport.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by worry246(m): 11:20am On Jun 08, 2011
You should go to the health authority and tell them that you are not a UK tax payer.
Get a bill and pay it.
At the moment your child has been born with a CRIME OF THEFT on it's head.
Your child will bear this criminal curse which will not be forgiven by God (Thou shalt not steal)
Nor can the curse be lifted by whichcraft.
A village whichfinder will smell out the CRIME on your child
You must clear this blight or your child will allways be doomed.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by juzme: 11:28am On Jun 08, 2011
Busy_body:

* Stay back in UK, your child is[b] not entitled to automatic citizenship and a British passpor[/b]t, but the child is always entitled to everything a British citizen is entitled to. Before you would have had to go underground, now with the recent Zambrano case, you have the right to raise your child and reside in his/her Country of birth.

Did you actually read the Zambrano ruling? I will advise that you go back and read the judgment very well again and comprehend it. Because you may be leading people who don’t understand into wasting their money with a solicitor and/or taking a risk that will never benefit then.
You just said that the child will not be granted automatic British citizen and at the same time you said the mother will benefit under Zambrano ruling. Sorry, but that is not correct. Zambrano ruling is ONLY applied to parents that their child(ren) are EU citizen.
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:62009J0034:EN:HTML
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
amayoyo:

thank you very much i find your advice very useful[b]. it seems more reasonable and time saving to get the child endorsed on my old passport.[/b]

Go back and read Siena's post. Child endorsement on to parent's passport has been stopped.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by MPEROR: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2011
This is so sad we have to get citizenship of other country for our children because of the likes of bankole
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Busybody2(f): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
amayoyo:

thank you very much i find your advice very useful. it seems more reasonable and time saving to get the child endorsed on my old passport.

It is good you still have your old passport, so i guess you can go for this route as this is the most convenient and cheapest option. I went to endorse my lil rugrat on my old Machine Readable Passport at the Embassy last month and realised it had expired last year so was told to pay £40 and it was extended till 2015, and I got my pickin endorsed for an extra £25 on the same pali.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by omo9ja1(m): 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2011
take the child with you to Nigeria house in london they will point you to the right direction, also take some relevant document they will help you there
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Busybody2(f): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
juzme:
Did you actually read the Zambrano ruling? I will advise that you go back and read the judgment very well again and comprehend it. Because you may be leading people who don’t understand into wasting their money with a solicitor and/or taking a risk that will never benefit then.
You just said that the child will not be granted automatic British citizen and at the same time you said the mother will benefit under Zambrano ruling. Sorry, but that is not correct. [size=14pt]Zambrano ruling is ONLY applied to parents that their child(ren) are EU citizen. [/size] http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:62009J0034:EN:HTML

I would not rise to the bait about the snide insinuation about my reading and comprehension skills. No offence intended and I don't mean to be rude, but for want of a better way to put it - Does the part I highlighted in your post make sense to you or anyone else for that matter? Or to paraphrase this "why do children who are EU citizens need a Zambrano to allow their parents to stay when these same children's citizenship was solely gotten by virtue of their parent's or atimes grandparent's status

To clue you in a bit, those parents in the Zambrano were illegal immigrants, so how did their children obtain citizenship

To help you connect the dot, what the Zambrano ruling did was confer the right to automatic citizenship on these children, because they did not have this right before, as well as give their Parents the right of residence to allow them raise these children in their Country of birth.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by busybody20: 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2011
naijababe:

Go back and read Siena's post. Child endorsement on to parent's passport has been stopped.

It HASN'T stopped
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Busybody2(f): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
busybody20:

It HASN'T stopped

angry Have you knelt down to greet me this morning angry No be ya fault, na my pikin wey come ya back garden come pluck beautiful flower i blame angry

Anyway, we can no longer wait till she is 16 years old, so send her over rightaway, summer is over and my son is feeling cold, y'know cheesy Oh and you have to pack your bags too, you would come in useful, see told you, you had some use grin You don't expect me to be washing two sets of nappies and minding two drooling babies, did ya, don't worry, we will treat you well as our inlaw, I will get the maiguard to quit his boysquarter for you, and don't worry about inconveniencing him, he will be away on holiday in his village, so you can also occasionally stand in as our gatekeeper tongue Looking forward to seeing you cheesy
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Pafuri(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
Ever heard of the Nigerian High Commission or Embassy or even Consulate depending on what country you are writing from? Seems you dont wanna be bothered by the loud, lazy, obnoxious, and thieving officials who man these establishments. If that is the case, just strap the cute little one on your back and swim to Nigeria. BTW, what has the "daddy" got to say about this? Or are you one of the "proud single mothers"?
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by seyibrown(f): 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
busybody20:

Get his Long Birth certificate
Have him put on your passport (if its d old one) at d nig embassy
with that u shd be able to fly -Though i m not sure oo, GO to Nig embassy London for more details, DONT bother ringing their tel no, it hardly gets picked.
Just Visit them at the office for your enquiry

The above is what you need to do, if you need to get back home before you can get a passport for the baby. They will most likely ask you questions (nothing really serious )at the immigration desks on your way out of the country but I promise you, they do not want to keep you and your baby. They will be quite happy that you are leaving of your own accord! Just make sure you have the baby's details entered on your passport at the Nigerian Embassy. I think it can be done in one day on the old passports  . . . . . . .  don't know about the new ones! The forms you need should be available on the Nigerian High Commission website. I think they will ask for a signature from the baby's father as consent to have baby's details on your passsport but this doesn't apply if the dad's details is not on the birth certificate.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by busybody20: 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2011
Busy_body:

angry Have you knelt down to greet me this morning angry No be ya fault, na my pikin wey come ya[b] back garden come pluck beautiful flower[/b] i blame angry

Anyway, we can no longer wait till she is 16 years old, so send her over rightaway, summer is over and my son is feeling cold, y'know cheesy Oh and you have to pack your bags too, you would come in useful, see told you, you had some use grin You don't expect me to be washing two sets of nappies and minding two drooling babies, did ya, don't worry, we will treat you well as our inlaw, I will get the maiguard to quit his boysquarter for you, and don't worry about inconveniencing him, he will be away on holiday in his village, so you can also occasionally stand in as our gatekeeper tongue Looking forward to seeing you cheesy

I nor get flower /tree for my garden o, b4 council cum carry me  lol grin

If he feel cold nko? wetin consign mi, my pikins dem luk like duvet blanket to you?  angry U beta start behavin yasef like an I-L. Iya oloko bournvita  grin

You get Maiguard for house in UK  undecided ? YOu way neva see moni chop first  grin   cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emirates Makes U-turn, Suspends Nigerian Flight Until Further Notice / Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada / Lagos Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.