Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. (1178 Views)

Ghastly Accident Along Jos-bauchi Road - Warning Graphic Photos / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad / Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by admin2008(m): 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2008
BA has relocated all their flights to Terminal 5 which means that every passenger is required to submit their fingerprint or iris scan. Human rights activists and lawyers have warned BA and BAA that it could be illegal, but they insist it needs to be done for security reasons.

Most people in Britain are not in favour of being issued with ID cards or having their fingerprints and iris scanned because they feel it violates their human rights and because the government can be careless with such sensitive data.

So not only are BA going to lose the custom of most people in Great Britain, but also Nigerians in great multitudes. Besides, how many Nigerians are ready to submit to biometric analysis  wink?   
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by Vicjustice: 1:27am On Apr 21, 2008
admin2008:

BA has relocated all their flights to Terminal 5 which means that every passenger is required to submit their fingerprint or iris scan. Human rights activists and lawyers have warned BA and BAA that it could be illegal, but they insist it needs to be done for security reasons.

Most people in Britain are not in favour of being issued with ID cards or having their fingerprints and iris scanned because they feel it violates their human rights and because the government can be careless with such sensitive data.

So not only are BA going to lose the custom of most people in Great Britain, but also Nigerians in great multitudes. Besides, how many Nigerians are ready to submit to biometric analysis  wink?   

Man, this is madness, these people are taking it too extreme.
  Does this regulation apply to everyone, or it applies to people flying in from visa required countries?
  And, does it apply to BA passangers only, or it applies to all aircraft pasangers?
  And also, is it practiced in every airport or just some selected ones?
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by 4Him1(m): 1:30am On Apr 21, 2008
vic, we know u're married to a white woman . . . please e don do haba!  grin
You behave as if she's not from this planet.
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by ztyle(m): 1:32am On Apr 21, 2008
Vic, Wetin happen? embarassed
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by admin2008(m): 1:34am On Apr 21, 2008
Vicjustice:

Man, this is madness, these people are taking it too extreme.
Does this regulation apply to everyone, or it applies to people flying in from visa required countries?
And, does it apply to BA passangers only, or it applies to all aircraft pasangers?
And also, is it practiced in every airport or just some selected ones?

For now it only applies to all flight originating out of Terminal 5 which is currently all BA flights, the other airports are interested in this too but are looking into the legal aspects of things.

Nemesis don catch up with BA, how many of their own people want to travel with them now talk less of Nigerians.
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by Vicjustice: 2:14am On Apr 21, 2008
4 Him:

vic, we know u're married to a white woman . . . please e don do haba!  grin
You behave as if she's not from this planet.
   My G, what has my marriage got to do with this thread, or is the thread in romance section?

ztyle:

Vic, Wetin happen? embarassed

Pal, how you dey? I swear, i don't know what happened, yet, i'm not surprised that some people could team up to destroy my image with reviling accusations, i know that these people would have loved me if i were a visa applicant complaining to them that i was refused a visa, that is when they would love me: and give their "advice", but because i revealed that i am Irish citizen, i'm a physician, i'm married to an American they now hate me and are ready to do anything to tarnish me.
    Can't you guys see that my haters only show love toward the people who cry to them that they've been denied the UK visa, how would they love me when i'm immune to such problem?
     There's a Greek saying which goes thus: "Kapios pou s'agapane alithino, den tha s'agapene mono otan klaiis mesa ta problemata sou, tha s'agapane kai otan hamouyelas" Meaning: S/he who really loves you, does not only love you when you cry due to problem, s/he will also love you when you smile due to success.
      Also, "H agape, den deixnei mono otan eisai kato, deixnei kai otan eisay apano". Meaning: Love does not only reaveal itself when you are down, it shows also when you are up.
    But like i said before, my reputation does not hang here, i'm just here for the fun, i'm on holidays hence. . . : i don't care what they framed up against me because, it doesn't affect my life. peace cool
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by 4Him1(m): 2:23am On Apr 21, 2008
vic take am easy. grin
I must confess you also fuel the fire of resentment by some of your comments, just let sleeping dogs lie.
you really dont have to show us your credentials before we can respect you eh. wink
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by ztyle(m): 2:28am On Apr 21, 2008
True Talk @ 4 Him, Bros Vic abeg no mind the haters na jealousy dey worry them.

BTW Why did you sign out yesterday without telling me? embarassed
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by Vicjustice: 2:35am On Apr 21, 2008
ztyle:

True Talk @ 4 Him, Bros Vic abeg no mind the haters na jealousy dey worry them.

BTW Why did you sign out yesterday without telling me? embarassed

If that was offencive to your sensibility, then, i apologise. But i don't remember whether i was the first to log out or you were. Anyway, i'm sorry.
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by chika98: 4:30am On Apr 21, 2008
Dude, why do you give a shit about what people are saying about you? It is the internet and it isn't that serious!
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by Vicjustice: 4:32am On Apr 21, 2008
chika98:

Dude, why do you give a shit about what people are saying about you? It is the internet and it isn't that serious!
Appreciated, i take this as a thought of the day. Thanks smiley
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by ty4real(m): 7:00am On Apr 21, 2008
Siena:

I'll continue to patronize BA.

What have I got to worry about?

Ododo Oro! grin grin
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by bigbumper(f): 9:35pm On Apr 22, 2008
Siena:

I'll continue to patronize BA.

What have I got to worry about?

ty4real:

Ododo Oro! grin grin

speak for yourselves . . .
Re: Warning: Boycott BA Unless You Want To Be Fingerprinted. by Vicjustice: 1:13am On Apr 23, 2008
The effects of these and other developments are already on British airways, there are lots of report about the chaos in its administrations, and a lot of British Airways flights have been reported to have flown almost empty, and some others have been confirmed to have flown trans-Atlantic destinations completely empty.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/travel/2004013474_webbritishairways14.html

Watch a video of BA with very few passangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvLhkCqzk0Y

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=493357&in_page_id=1770

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visa Application Period / All About Nigeria. A Land You Love Or Hate. / Nigerian Tourist/visitor Visa Extra Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.