Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month (8841 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nemeziz9ja: 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2008
[color=#990000][/color]
The sad irony of life is that while most of you have the privilege of getting an entry visa to the UK and hence an opportunity to experiencing another dimension of life outside the box and vicious cycle called Nigeria, the British High Commission in Nigeria has turned the visa application process to One Big Money Spinner; no thanks to our ignorance and perception of a made up paradise without effort.

However, the sad reality is that these guys that sit in one room; faceless and cannot be questioned already have a pre-conceived notion that Nigerians should not visit the UK; either for genuine purposes or not and when you really deserve it, why don't you pay Charles Mum twice in the process.

If you have ever been burnt by the UK visa refusal that is purely a foolhardy or malicious in nature, please JOIN me in calling on all Nigerians to BOYCOTT the UK Visa for one month starting from January 20, 2009 and lets see if they will not have a major loss,

You can scan the refusal reason page (no personal details please!!! and its usually the 2nd page) and post here for the world to see the subtle greediness of the cheesy Briton.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by AKO1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
How many of you? Aren't you thinking about the amount of money Nigerians would lose? What about students?

This boycott is already a failure in my books.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Pennywise(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2008
Nemeziz9ja:

[color=#990000][/color]
The sad irony of life is that while most of you have the privilege of getting an entry visa to the UK and hence an opportunity to experiencing another dimension of life outside the box and vicious cycle called Nigeria, the British High Commission in Nigeria has turned the visa application process to One Big Money Spinner; no thanks to our ignorance and perception of a made up paradise without effort.
However, the sad reality is that these guys that sit in one room; faceless and cannot be questioned already have a pre-conceived notion that Nigerians should not visit the UK; either for genuine purposes or not and when you really deserve it, why don't you pay Charles Mum twice in the process.
If you have ever been burnt by the UK visa refusal that is purely a foolhardy or malicious in nature, please JOIN me in calling on all Nigerians to BOYCOTT the UK Visa for one month starting from January 20, 2009 and lets see if they will not have a major loss,
You can scan the refusal reason page (no personal details please!!! and its usually the 2nd page) and post here for the world to see the subtle greediness of the cheesy Briton.

Personally I would request that you rephrase the above highlighted before I decide whether to join in or not
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by bronxdog: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2008
you are a goat- what r u going to do in the UK? Join the bandwagon of suffering people?
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by damiso(f): 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
bronx_dog:

you are a goat- what r u going to do in the UK? Join the bandwagon of suffering people?
na wa for this guy?why the goat insult now?and who told you that everybody in the UK is suffering?and does everybody that applies for a uk visa intend to live there?

1 Like

Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by AngieFan(f): 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2008
I support this boycott 100% and then some. cheesy

Just let me know how I can help and I will put my all in to stopping Nigerians from immigrating to the to the UK. grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by tpia: 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
AngieFan:

I support this boycott 100% and then some. cheesy

Just let me know how I can help and I will put my all in to stopping Nigerians from immigrating to the to the UK. grin

you again?

oya, start running your mouth anyhow on this thread.

"Your all" is how much exactly? fifty pounds? If you had more than that you wouldnt be so bitter and frustrated.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2008
AngieFan strikes again.

*Sighs.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by landis(m): 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2008
@poster,

answer this question and it will provide insight if your idea will work or not:

why are BRITS not coming to Nigeria in droves??

grin cheesy grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by AngieFan(f): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2008
What have I done wrong now? cry

For once I am in support of a full boycott of the British, specifically the visa and I'm still getting flack grin grin grin

@Poster.  .  . I propose an extension of the boycott, lets make it one year instead of a month then the British will really feel it where it hurts.  grin cool
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Treetop20(m): 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2008
guy, na you go lose. ride on grin grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by chyk91(m): 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2008
i doubt if this will work.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by tpia: 6:30am On Dec 30, 2008
landis:

@poster,

answer this question and it will provide insight if your idea will work or not:

why are BRITS not coming to Nigeria in droves??

grin cheesy grin

Are you African at all? I doubt you're Nigerian.  undecided

helloo- are you familiar with the history of the continent?
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by landis(m): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2008
helloo- are you familiar with the history of the continent?

atleast, I know 'kiwi-land' is the end of the world.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 30, 2008
Tpia, relax! I suspect Brother Landis is winding you up. cheesy smiley
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by igbogolo: 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2008
This is a losers forum. Just that you were denied visa you sulk on the web. Na by force? Na by force say you must go to the UK? How can you fight to enter someones house when the owner of the house doesnt want you there. If you intended going to the Uk for visit why not go somewhere else more welcoming and friendly. AH!!!
Boycott ke?? LOL!!
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nemeziz9ja: 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2009
Thank you all for your posts.
My post is a call to people that see the UKVisa business beyond the reason of ethical practice in content delivery and not for those that are in their comfort zone because getting into the UK has not pose any problem to them till now, it might just happen to anyone soon enough.
From entry clearance refusal to entry refusal at LHR to cancelled entry and deportation, the UK authorities sure know how to run a diplomatic money spinners on the wheels of our ignorance.

@ A K O: Bros, how is UK life these days? I am thinking about the amount of money the Britons will lose, the amount of change it will effect in the visa processing transparency and the degree of change that the sacrifice from Nigerians will effect, afterall UK is not the only Study Abroad destination available.
It might look like a failure now, but soon you will see,

@ Pennywise: Wise choice of words for your advise. Advice under consideration,

@ Bronx Dog: This Dog again, I am sure you have a mental limitation to express yourself with words that are either insulting or denigrating. Anyway, what is to be expected from a Dog, bark. A meaningless effort of frustration at vituperations.

@ Damiso: Abeg leave the Dog alone jare. All critters see everyone else at their own level of perception. Maybe, if he is on 2 legs, he will see, act and speak differently.

@AngieFan: Thank you. I will let you know when proper modalities are in place but I am not against Nigerians going to the UK but rather the illegality of the so called visa processing whereby a numb skull might just be the ECO looking at your application. Lets have some transparency and reduce the visa fees being collected by reason of subtlety through visa denials.

@Treetop20: I have nothing to lose my brother. Traveling to UK did not develop me to my present state of consciousness,it only made me pity the "I want to travel to UK" die hards and their ignorance is the poorest state of mind.

@Chyk91: Do not doubt, anything can work, all it takes is desire to see the reality.

@Igbogolo: Man, you don come again with your subjective assessment of the situation.I wonder when we will all learn to use the proper choice of words to reply issues and present ourselves as reasonable.

For UKVisas, lets wait and see what 2009 will give us, Happy New Year to you All.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by felifeli: 12:26am On Jan 09, 2009
LOL at this thread
tpia , angiefan I love you both ; pity online romance doesn't work ; neither does online marriage  grin Peace nevertheless.

You know Nigerians are still the most fascinating people in the world whether you like this or not. It is only in  Nigeria - well, most of Nigeria- that 2 (or more) people can actually stand and insult one another for hours and eventually go their separate ways without anyone getting physically hurt .
Why do people ever think of living outside Nigeria ? Hmnn.
No photos angiefan, I warn you.
grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by blonde1(f): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2009
Oh this one made me laugh.

go to http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/statistics/ - they say the income from visa applications worldwide (of which Nigeria is only a small part) was 190 milion (pounds) for the year.

Now, the UK budget (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_budget) is 519229 million pounds. The visa application income is only 0.00036 of this. And that's the income from all the world, before expenses - they pay from it for the people who process the applications, the buildings and all. If Nigeria boycotts UK visa - UK will go bankrupt indeed! cheesy

They won't even notice. It looks like big money to you, but it is insignificant for them.

Also, it's not that bad - http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/2958881/stats2006-07 here on page 7 you can see that about every second application gets accepted in Lagos. In stats further down you can find countries with a 100% refusal rate!
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nemeziz9ja: 11:45am On Jan 09, 2009
Thank you blonde1.
Statistics is the name of the game. If they won't miss the income from Nigeria, then let them move it online then.
Whereby you will submit all your documents online (without payment of course) and if they are satisfied after their evaluation that you qualify for a visa, then they can invite you for interview or processing.
That way, they won't collect twice and treat us nice.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by blonde1(f): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2009
Nemeziz9ja:

Thank you blonde1.
Statistics is the name of the game. If they won't miss the income from Nigeria, then let them move it online then.
Whereby you will submit all your documents online (without payment of course) and if they are satisfied after their evaluation that you qualify for a visa, then they can invite you for interview or processing.
That way, they won't collect twice and treat us nice.

What, you suggest they pay with their own money for people who would read the applications? That's hard work. What sane person would pay from their own pocket for supplying a service the "customers" are willing to pay for? You'd pay somebody you don't know for the privilege of preparing a meal for him? If you have something people are willing to pay for, you don't give it away for free to strangers. That's how the market works, everywhere.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nemeziz9ja: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2009
Yeah right.
That's hard work. What sane person would pay from their own pocket for supplying a service the "customers" are willing to pay for?
So we should pay for easy work for them abi? Thats exactly my point. Why would I have to pay twice for something as silly as what an intelligent ECO could have gone through and be done with at once?
Because, its a market, right? and the more you use subterfuge to charge people, the more "illegal" money you make. O pari!
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by DisGuy: 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2009
what will happen after the one month, re-apply?

One month is too short, make it One Year grin
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by cvibe: 6:43am On Jan 10, 2009
One thing sure.

@ poster if you are called upon to submit your passport for visa issuance during this boycott will you refuse?
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by AngieFan(f): 3:15am On Jan 11, 2009
felifeli:

No photos angiefan, I warn you.
grin

Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by insight04: 12:12am On Jan 12, 2009
I'm ready to boycott.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nemeziz9ja: 9:59am On Jan 15, 2009
A boycott is a boycott. Even if they invite me to come and kiss the Queen.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 15, 2009
Regardless of whether applications are made in paper, or online, it still cost money to process.

At a call centre, staff still need to be paid to man phones and work stations. They also have to return calls, and make further calls to check credentials, sometimes these calls are not local or national.

Same applies to online applications.
A site still needs to be maintained, if you imagine the amount of traffic they receive, you'll understand why.

When folk make applications, they're paying for the processing in all ways - making an application does not guarantee it'll be successful, and when applicants decide to go ahead, they're confirming acceptance of the rules governing payments.
These are clearly laid out, it's not compulsory to apply for a visa anywhere, and of course, applications will not be processed if not paid for, regardless of the outcome.

Pretty much like sitting for an examination, taking your driving test, taking your PPL / CPL licence test etc.
Payment does not constitute a pass, it's up to individuals to do their homework prior to making applications.
You don't pay - you don't get the service, simple.

I think generally it's a Nigerian thing - wanting to receive goods / services before making payment, I get enquiries from Nigerians in Nigeria all the time - wanting to purchase goods from me, but wanting me to ship to them prior to them paying for said goods.
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by oludimuni: 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2009
There is still more to import into Nigeria, lets continue to lobby and go there. Do you get it, even if am silent?
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by danedrol: 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2009
Why?, before calling for a
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by danedrol: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2009
In a way, I also doubt if this call will work.
Just visit the VACs to see the number of
Visa Applicants. Many have no business
applying in the first instance but they just must
leave the Country.

Before this call works, may be we should look at
the negative factors responsible for making
UKVisa Applicants in this country
want to travel to the UK at all cost- A reduction
in these factors could help tone down the
number of Applications and I dare say refusals too.

I work with UKVisa Applicants
on their application and documentations.
Sometimes I am amazed at some of the applications -
You would find that these Fellows have set themselves up for
a refusal on first attempt - Big Time!

Their applications show that they have no business
applying for a UKVisa!

And the annoying part is that they can't see this and
they expect you to work out some miracle to help
them get past the ECO's refusal stamp with such applications- How?!
Re: Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month by FBS: 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2009
I wont lie London (just like any other place on earth you need money to survive and most especially the grace of God, ) is fun but it feels really bad when you are denied visa of any country. Most especially if you are going there for genuine reasons. Can this boycott really work?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Study In Latvia 2015 / St.kitts And Nevis (visa Free) / Airport Safety: FG Happy With Measures Taken By Enugu Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.