Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. (17065 Views)

Nigerian School Lunch Box Tips For Mums / World's Top 10 Youngest Mums / Strictly For Mums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by mymz(f): 3:17pm On May 14, 2013
I'm so sorry and my heart breaks for all of you who've lost one of the most precious gifts life, in its stingy mercy bestows on us. May their souls all continue to rest in perfect peace. Amen!

To those who still have theirs, please cherish them and remind them every single day how much better, stronger and whole you are because of their sacrifice.

Long live Mothers. smiley

3 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by inme: 3:18pm On May 14, 2013
R.I.P Sweet mother

I miss you soo much
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by ehiblessing(f): 3:28pm On May 14, 2013
Mummy its been 2yrears and 3months since u ve been gone,God I can hardly 4get u a day without me thinking of u, death u re so wicked,just at d age of 47 u stole her away, its so painfull dat u re nt among dis passage of my life. Love u momma. Mrs felicia my luvly mummy
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by ecolime(m): 3:31pm On May 14, 2013
2 years gone and the pain is still fresh in my heart. Thank God all your children are doing great as you've always wanted us to be. I love you so much Mrs Ayodele Cecilia
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by aparo(m): 3:41pm On May 14, 2013
RIP Mummy Diana Oluwafunmilayo 21 July 1945 to 19 Jan 2002
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by ng4am(f): 3:52pm On May 14, 2013
I miss u mum, I miss u more now that u could ve been doing omugwo for me, we love u, but God loves u more, July 23 will make it 16yrs u left dis earth, but ur memory remain fresh with us. Rest on mum.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by raod(f): 3:53pm On May 14, 2013
Rest in peace my sweet mother mrs kafayat olanrewaju sanni nee odu. It's bin 22 years dat u'v bin gone, I wish I could do something to bring u back bt I can't. Continue to rest in the bosom of the lord.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by shadrach77: 3:56pm On May 14, 2013
to my mum Olushola Adenike - RIP sad sad sad
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by wilxz(m): 3:56pm On May 14, 2013
Sweet mother, Mrs felicia Efobi, Adadioramma, the International mummy, Omam white-white, After 7months, I am yet to accept d fact that you are gone. Nneoma, I miss you so, so much. U were definitely d best.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Sheybor(f): 3:58pm On May 14, 2013
i miss u maami.....d swit memories of u r locked up in my heart,i will neva 4get u..*sniffs* sad i kno u r always wit me.rest in peace mummy.i will always luv u. ;(
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Lilimax(f): 4:00pm On May 14, 2013
I am moved to tears after reading some of the comments.
So touchy... embarassed embarassed
RIP to all the dead.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Exponental(m): 4:11pm On May 14, 2013
I will simply call u "iya Seun".
20yrs ticked on Feb 16 2013. Life has not been easy but thank God for d lives of ur children and all those u left behind.
Keep resting in d bosom of d Lord.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by msakhere(f): 4:25pm On May 14, 2013
Mrs Alice Odion nee Omozokpia.

Its been 26 years since you left at my tender age of 7. Hmm, never enjoyed having a mum as ur demise was too early,but it still hurts sometimes and I cry when people share and talk abt their mums, I take comfort always in God cos I know God knows best and ur resting in peace in heaven.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by babaireti(m): 4:25pm On May 14, 2013
May Allah grant my MOTHER,Alari Ojigobi,Iyeru okin,Oloffa mojo,Aljan-nat firdawz,Aamin,I shall forever hold her in high esteem.Suunre o,all your children and grand children will continue to remember you.

1 Like

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 14, 2013
Thank you Mum for bringing me to this world even though,that cost you your Life.I wish you are alive today to see how much success we have become. My dad said you were a great Mum. My Grandmother said you were the most beautiful thing she has ever seen.Thank you for training my elder brothers who eventually gave me all the discipline that helped me to become who i am today.I am grateful to you Mum.At first,i was feeling guilty that if i wasnt born,maybe you wouldnt have to die so early at the age of 38,But is 23 years now,I have come to realize that you paid the price for everything.Thank you for everything Mum.

2 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 14, 2013
It's been 12 years now Mum. May Almighty God grant you eternal rest. i know how it feels not 2 have you around Mum. I miss u so dearly. No one on this earth can take your place. Love U loadz Mum.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Merrymaker: 4:36pm On May 14, 2013
3rd of April 2012 will 4ever remain a great day.MARGARET OLUSOLA AJAGBONNA u left dis world in a way dat i'm begging God to let me die.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by funshint(m): 4:37pm On May 14, 2013
To my mum Mrs Alice Temilade Famuyiwa Nee Adenigbagbe. 13years gone just like yesterday. U̶̲̥̅̊'re forever in our hearts. Continue to rest in heavenly bliss; love U̶̲̥̅̊!!!
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by ojj(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2013
Rest in Peace Mrs Margaret Owotor Oboh for since you left us on March 23 2012 its not been easy. the pain of your departure knows no bound.we miss you so much.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Eagle75: 4:48pm On May 14, 2013
Dear Mama I appreciate
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by cherry24: 4:58pm On May 14, 2013
I was just a teenager,the 1st daughter with so many younger ones.I had just finished secondary school and got admission to study medicine/surgery.That was when death struck,taking a young mother and leaving behind 6 little children plus a one-week old baby.The pain was unbearable.It felt like the end of the world.Dad took it so bad we feared he would commit suicide.I was not given a chance to weep and to mourn you,mum.I was told to take care of the family,and so I forgot about being a child and became a mother to the 6 little ones after me,plus my father.8 years on,the story is pretty much the same.....the pain,the sense of loss,the yearning,the sadness.But,RIP Mummy,your little ones are doing well....you now have a medical doctor,a barrister,undergraduates etc,and lil chubby is now 8yrs old and about to finish primary school,though he keeps wondering why he doesn't have a mummy like his friends.Looking forward to seeing you again on the last day,mom.

8 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by andyanders: 5:21pm On May 14, 2013
With tears, I say adieu mum.May the Lord be with you. 7 yrs gone,too soon.RIP. We missed you.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Fixed: 5:25pm On May 14, 2013
This thread is too touching for me and drove me emotional.
I guess I am still lucky to have a mother! I sympathize with everyone on this thread and at the same time thanks for making me appreciate my mother more and more.

@Cherry24: Thanks for being there for your siblings.

3 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Ayowumie(m): 5:31pm On May 14, 2013
To my dearest mum, a mother without an equal, Oyebisi Oladiti nee: Opadere. It's 3 months 21 days that you left. I will always be strong because so I did promise you. I will keep the promise of always making you proud. I will never make a promise that I wont fulfill. I was a year older when I lost you but I take courage in the fact that I knew you loved me beyond what could have been measured. For the love that knew no bound, I just want to say once again that I am grateful that I had you. I couldn't have asked for a better mum. If at all, there is an incantation, I would be privileged to be your son once again. I love you Oyebisi and you will live on in my heart.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by olupatito(f): 5:49pm On May 14, 2013
I celebrate ma mum,been the last kid inda house made me feel as if mothers are ment to live forever but mine didnt,i always remember u mum
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by hardbody: 5:56pm On May 14, 2013
Make i just post, this one no too concern me.

I thank God that he has continued to preserve my mum and Dad alive for me. I should continue to make them happy all the days of their lives, that i promise.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by TeemahFashion(f): 5:58pm On May 14, 2013
It was like a dream, i just wanted to wake up and see u beside me, i kept praying it was really a dream, was screaming NO and struggling to wake up, but all to no avail mum. You were gone, felt like a sharp knife pierced my heart, i still remember the cold, the rain, the shivering. I felt empty immediately... 12th of Oct 2002 was an unforgettable day for me. It was just three months, after my 18th birthday. You meant the whole world to me but u left me all alone in this world... Read an article on nairaland two days ago of a 29years old lady sleeping on the same bed with her mother and guess what mum, i'll be 29 by June and since i'm still single i wished you were still alive to share the same bed with u. I'm yet to see my dad but i kno i will someday. I love u so much mummy, you were the best mum in the world, my first love. May your gentle soul continue to rest in the bossom of the Lord. MRS MUTIAT OTUN GBADAMOSI. Till we meet to part no more.

1 Like

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by jumeks: 6:02pm On May 14, 2013
Oh how I missed you Mum, may your gentle soul continue to rest in peace until we meet again. Love you

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Cool: 6:03pm On May 14, 2013
It's now one year and four months.
With each day that passes, I realise even more, that I've lost an irreplaceable gem. The tears still flow but I'm okay with that.
I just wish I could have my mum back.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by akinboyepelumi(m): 6:19pm On May 14, 2013
Why not dedicate a song to your mother now. Maybe her favourite song or the one 0u Listen to and remember her. Visit www.unlimitedmusicandnews..com
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by RichDad1(m): 6:32pm On May 14, 2013
Seems like yesterday since your tragic& untimely death, but its been 24 years. RIP MOM. I missed and I'll forever miss you. * sobbing*
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Soflex(m): 6:34pm On May 14, 2013
Inspite of my James bond swag and Apostle Paul's admonition that u are in a better place, I don't know why I still cry for u: is it because u died few days after my birthday and three days after my "introduction" party? Or because we slept on d same bed and gist all night a day before your death and u didn't even give me a clue? Or maybe because I promised to call u back few hours to your death due to bad network, which I never had chance to do. Abi na because u no dey my wedding ni, or maybe because u are not here to help take care of my new "maami". I know u have forgiven me; but really, i'm so sorry for not helping to complete your building before u left, sorry for not buying u d new walkman u requested, sorry for procrastinating on changing your glasses frame, sorry I can't keep all d promises I made to repay u back all your care, kind gestures and sacrifices. i'm sorry mum but more than that, I LOVE U MAAMI, love u more than a mouse love its cheese. Continue to rest till we meet to part no more....good to know that u came, u saw and u conquered.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Fails To Remember His Father & Daughter’s Names In Abeokuta Court / Joro: "Ladies, If You Are Not A Millionaire Don't Think Of Marriage In 2022" / Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.