Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. (17076 Views)

Nigerian School Lunch Box Tips For Mums / World's Top 10 Youngest Mums / Strictly For Mums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by cherry24: 6:46pm On May 14, 2013
@Fixed thanks;it was really rough for us,still is.But I thank God for being there for us every step of the way.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by movado19: 6:51pm On May 14, 2013
@ goodsegs, I am deeply sorry for your loss and please, it was never your fault. All you can do is to keep being your best in all spheres of your life and remember your mum in your prayers. To all those who have lost their mothers, I say sorry and may God rest their souls in eternal peace, Amin.

1 Like

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 14, 2013
7 years after and is just like yesterday cos your memories are still fresh in us. I have tried so hard to let go but I still find myself deep in thought about you and your promises to us. I really wish it never happpened. That void is still there.
Chy and Emy are grown-ups now and is not been easy controlling them, sometimes I feel like allowing them to . . . but the promise I made to you . . .
Mum, I miss you. Am very sure you are UPSTAIRS pls continue to interceed for and watch over the family you love so much.
RIP Mrs. Fidelia Obioma A.

2 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by 4teelaw(f): 7:17pm On May 14, 2013
January 13th, 2008, I came home and met you cleaning up the room, I joined you and helped you finish up cooking the stew and rice.
We ate and gisted till 2am in the morning, I slept off, my head on your belly, my usual sleeping position anytime I visited you.
I woke up at 7am in the morning and had to rush somewhere, but alas! Mummy, You were gone...you did not even give me a chance to say goodbye.
Today, 5 years, 4 months after, I still ask the same question...what went wrong within those 5 hours? I still wander about in limbo, because as far as I am concerned, you are still asleep, one day, you will wake up and tell me I have lived 5 years so far in a bad dream.
I married that boy, and his mother took your place, but you gave me 21 awesome years with you, a beautiful soul, your name ONOLUNOSEN..the one who never did anyone any wrong...

...and I may never know why and how you died, but until we meet again in the skies, sleep on beloved.

1 Like

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Emeralddan(f): 7:43pm On May 14, 2013
Sweet mother it's two years already,but it still hurts so much.....ur exit came so swiftly nd i didnt have time to tell u so many thing....mother u're my hero,my pillar,my role model,nd most of all i think u're super human!!
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Nonkit(m): 8:31pm On May 14, 2013
It's already 17yrs but the memories are still very fresh. I miss u so much, Mum.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by eforce: 8:34pm On May 14, 2013
My beautiful mum, i wrote this article on the last mother's day in march, only for you to depart suddenly in April , now i understand why i ended the article the way i did.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/03/letter-to-my-mother.html
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by ellawify: 9:01pm On May 14, 2013
Mum, it's 3 yrs since u were gone bt ur memories ar still evagreen in our hrts. I really cnt xplain why death had to tk u away wen we needed u most. I luv u so much mum bt I believe God luvs u more. U now av 1 more grand daughter frm Nneka (cos she is now married) and a grand son frm Chibuzo! I really wish u re here mummy. RIP Mrs Obiageli Udechukwu, Nee Odimbite (1968-2010)
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by hombre(m): 9:15pm On May 14, 2013
27 years ago u left me in ds wicked world.Gosh!How could u?I was just 2yrs old na.So naive and vulnerable. U didnt make me feel d Love of a mother enough.Mum,I miss u everyday tho God has been there for me.I fell in luv wt a lady hoping Ill get loved in return,but i was wrong.That relationship was a fraud.I just ended it after 3 painful years.I know u wished u were here with me to cuddle me and dress my wounds.I miss u momma. *groans*
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 14, 2013
i cried for the first time in my life when i saw you at luth that night. with all those oxygen and funy gadgets we see in sci-fi films. its been two years since you left us, but the vaccum remains larger than life. I still love you, Afua Adetoun Charlotte. sleep on Oye mama.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by tyson99(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2013
Rest in peace my sweet mum mrs felicia omoyeni orekoya,14yrs now dat u left us,may your soul rest in peace.amen
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by joboy834: 10:49pm On May 14, 2013
Its exactly 2 months ago since the cold hands of death claimed you, I still can't sleep at night. Its like I will hear you call me from the next door. Mum, you were the best ever. I love you.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by vingi(f): 12:33am On May 15, 2013
Hmmmm! Mami! U left wen I needed u most. We were planning for my wedding n u had travelled to Dubai to shop for me,n oh Yes! had told all who cared to listen dat u were planning ur daughter's wedding.u were so full of life n up to d task.u had made ur unending list of pple to invite,things to do,aso ebi,event planners n all.hmmmm! U left 2days aftr my introduction,hmmmm!. Mami d weddin didn't hold n I dnt regret calling it off,of wat use is a big wedding wen u wil nt b present to share in my joy.had it quiet at d registry wit only Dad as a witness.you hav d most adorable grand sons eva,n a handfull too.pple say they both luk like gurls n I somtimes wonder if they got d luks frm u.I cried my heart out wen I had my first child n was discharged frm d hospital wit no one to receive me, hmmm! No one to bath me n d baby.you,would hav had all things planned out cos dats ur calling as we always tel you lol! U wil b 3yrs gone dis year bt u remain eva green in our hearts. Rest on Mrs Jacinta Vingi Longe, lastly,excuse me for using ur name as my ID on Nairaland. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by binhozie(m): 1:03am On May 15, 2013
so people still miss a loved one after so long? sad
i see people here saying 7 years, 11 years, 24 years!!? sad embarassed cry
and here i am allowing people deceive me that the pain will pass, as i was looking forward to at least the 5 year mark
I am doomed to perpetual sadness cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by justmenoni: 1:09am On May 15, 2013
To My Mum also may Her Gentle Soul Rest in Perfect Peace..
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by thoniann(m): 1:20am On May 15, 2013
May the Good Lord Heal Us All aand Give Us Grace to Pull Through Life. I see smiles on our mothers' faces... Heavenly smiles because we shared their heroic lives and moments with the world. No better tributes than these. God Bless Us All.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by tunaps(m): 3:54am On May 15, 2013
Maami owon, thanks for everything. U will forever be cherished.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by omenala(m): 6:24am On May 15, 2013
Its been two years since you passed, Mrs Keziah Chiagorom Ogbonna Nee Akagha, i miss you each passing day, freaky that i can still remember the sound of your voice. Every morning i pass by your grave i keep wondering if i'll ever get used to your not being around.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by aquabeing: 6:29am On May 15, 2013
To my late mum Mrs Dorcas Iyabode Ogundiya nee Odeniyi.Its been 17years gone mum and your little boy is a grown up man now.Guess you are smiling down from heaven on your boy now.Thanks for all your teachings Love you ma.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by enyhss(m): 7:01am On May 15, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Dear Mama, On February 14th 1990, you left this sinful world. You knew me too well even before I discovered myself. You labored so much from the very first day you brought me to this world, just to give me comfort. You were the only one when no one else cared. Mummy, I took lot of things for granted while you were here. You worried so much about me, even till your last breath. I wish you were here to reap the good seed you sow.
I miss you everday!. My sweet mother & enforcer, Continue to rest in the bosom of Our Lord.
Mrs. Mary Titilayo Ajoke Adesanya (nee Aina) June 1st 1947--February 14th 1990.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 8:02am On May 15, 2013
vingi: Hmmmm! Mami! U left wen I needed u most. We were planning for my wedding n u had travelled to Dubai to shop for me,n oh Yes! had told all who cared to listen dat u were planning ur daughter's wedding.u were so full of life n up to d task.u had made ur unending list of pple to invite,things to do,aso ebi,event planners n all.hmmmm! U left 2days aftr my introduction,hmmmm!. Mami d weddin didn't hold n I dnt regret calling it off,of wat use is a big wedding wen u wil nt b present to share in my joy.had it quiet at d registry wit only Dad as a witness.you hav d most adorable grand sons eva,n a handfull too.pple say they both luk like gurls n I somtimes wonder if they got d luks frm u.I cried my heart out wen I had my first child n was discharged frm d hospital wit no one to receive me, hmmm! No one to bath me n d baby.you,would hav had all things planned out cos dats ur calling as we always tel you lol! U wil b 3yrs gone dis year bt u remain eva green in our hearts. Rest on Mrs Jacinta Vingi Longe, lastly,excuse me for using ur name as my ID on Nairaland. Lol.
She was beautiful

2 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by olayanju22(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2013
mum left us 20 years ago! omobola idowu olayanju- the only mother that ever came to this world!

4th jan 1993 would never be forgotten.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by matthew80(m): 11:48am On May 15, 2013
Dear mother of universe, 60days ago u were here, but 2day u're no more. The legacy u left behind will speak for u in days to come. Dear humble mother of 9, we miss u. Rest in the bossom of your Maker till eternity. Madam Priscilla Oruohu ANDREW, nee Ogbor. Yours sincerely, Sam.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by bvc(m): 12:32pm On May 15, 2013
Mrs. Elizabeth Ogomegbunam Bioseh nee Ugboko passed on on the 12th of april, 2007. She is my mom! I'm so proud of the woman she was; a single mother that took the sole responsibility of taking care of 3 children.I was never driven out of school for reasons relating to money. I always had access to the basic 3 square meals. I even had the luxury of excessive extra cash I schemed off her when I was in uni, just so I could match up to the fly boys. I once told her I would buy her a helicopter that she could go to the market with,..I was going to...death was quicker.

I extorted so much funds from this single mom with the hope that I will pay her back, even a thousand folds...I meant it. But I didn't have a chance to buy her anything.

...When she laid on that sick bed, I adored her so much, there was nothing to compare to her. She was my only joy; my heart; my love. I saw my mom's health deteriorate, I didn't know pastors(have a catholic background); didn't believe priests could help, it was cancer. I went to a cafe with tears in my eyes, I wrote to ministries ran by Benny Hinn, T. D. Jakes etc. Of course they didn't get the mails directly.

I was helpless. Money couldn't solve it...she died. I died too(not literally). I asked GOD why; What I didn't do right; so many questions. HE is GOD regardless.

She gave up comfort so I could be accomodated; she gave up luxury so I could have a better future.I could swear I owed her all my life, but I know better now.

Yes! I still miss her.
Yes! I still want her back.
At least, to say thank you!
Thank you ma!

4 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by nembenama: 4:13pm On May 15, 2013
Mrs Woripre Wodi nee Abadi. You were so hard working and strong willed. You always achieved what ever u put ur mind to. Strict and tender at the same time,ur smile was heart warming. You left cause u were in too much pain. Its 7yrs since u left us mum,we are all doing fine and our school finally got accreditation and I have been called 2 d Bar,married and u have a grandson now. If you were here,he would have stayed with u while I go 2 work but,its fine,cause he stays with maama and Rebecca is now an accountant too. Oh how I wish this will get to you. I miss u mum(aunty). Rest on my sweet mother.

1 Like

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by justcallbuki(f): 6:07pm On May 15, 2013
malle
i will forever miss u....we luv u but God luv u more.
Its been 2yrs u left us,many things happend after u left,out of ur 6 children 3 got married. And 2 with kid.
To mai dearest mother:mrs florence oluwatoyin Ajayi(Iya ibeji)
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 15, 2013
You were my emblem of hope but now, as long as I live I hope. Rest on dear mama... Farewell my good friend... Goodnight my love... Till we meet to part no more. Mrs P.E AMIANDAMHEN NEE EBHODAGHE (1958-2008)..
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Peaches90(f): 10:53pm On May 15, 2013
I miss my mom Florence Omoboja. I tell my friends that still have moms, all the time, to show as much appreciation, love and care, to their moms, as they can. I started appreciating moms a great deal after I lost чσu! Who would be there to plan my wedding with me? Who would be there for/with me when I start having kids? Who would I leave my kids with and not have to worry if they're well taken of? I wish I could get another chance with чσu, noone's there to pray for/ with me, to share my thoughts with! Чσu'll forver be in my heart! Noone can ever love me, pamper me or take care of me the way чσu did, omoboja mee! Sun re oo!
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Tinkybabe(f): 12:14am On May 16, 2013
This is a really touching thread.I sympathize with everyone that has lost either of their parents to the cold hands of death..Do take solace in the hope that they are in a better place and probably looking down with a smile on their faces.

To all of us that still have our mother/parents.May the lord keep and guide them .May they live long to eat the fruit of their labour.

5 Likes

Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by 4teelaw(f): 1:50pm On May 26, 2013
binhozie: so people still miss a loved one after so long? sad
i see people here saying 7 years, 11 years, 24 years!!? sad embarassed cry
and here i am allowing people deceive me that the pain will pass, as i was looking forward to at least the 5 year mark
I am doomed to perpetual sadness cry cry cry cry

The pain will never pass... it is new every morning!
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by Nonkit(m): 9:27am On Aug 29, 2013
It's 18 yrs, mom. I pay you another tribute today. May God bless your soul.
Re: For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders. by buklan4realyah(f): 10:48am On Aug 29, 2013
OMG!!!!!! cant control d tears rolling down from my eyes.....

so sorry for those dat lost deir loved ones.. may d Lord heal ur wounded hrt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joro: "Ladies, If You Are Not A Millionaire Don't Think Of Marriage In 2022" / Urgent Advice / How Can I Handle An Intruding Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.