Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,300 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:17 PM

Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? (623 Views)

Watch And Download All Foreign Movies, TV Shows And Series Online free / The Dumbest&most Annoying Foreign Movies/series U've Seen / Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? by tricosite(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2013
Did you know the movie Eye Wide Shut By Tom Cruise Ghana movies industry have copy the same idea and act the movie without a change and I believe there is no copyright involve. The Ghana copy of that same movies tittle the perfect girls...
No change to what tom do in his movies...
Africa need to beef up and see what is going on not this copy...

What the movie and have you say...
Re: Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? by VillageBoi(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2013
They do make changes... they use different actors hahahaha!
Re: Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? by tricosite(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2013
VillageBoi:
They do make changes... they use different actors hahahaha!

But to be faithful when is Africa going to BIG UP... rather than copy cat and the writer of that Ghana vision will be expecting glory for copy someones work... can"t they use their mind and their head to think...
Re: Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? by VillageBoi(m): 2:49pm On May 12, 2013
tricosite:
But to be faithful when is Africa going to BIG UP... rather than copy cat and the writer of that Ghana vision will be expecting glory for copy someones work... can"t they use their mind and their head to think...

Africa? Is Africa has always been seriously good when it comes to filmmaking... check the history. But I guess you mean Nigeria & Ghana...
A lot of the new crop of Nollywood films have been pretty good too. Still not a common thing but does happen and will continue to.
Re: Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? by bobdobbs: 2:17am On May 14, 2013
India and China do the same thing, because they can. No copyright law so can just word for word copy American movies.
The movie 'Barfi' which was huge in India, was basically hacked together all from stolen scenes of other movies. When they tried to submit it to the oscars it was rejected for obvious copying lol
Re: Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? by ijebabe: 10:48am On May 14, 2013
Nollywood doesn't copy foreign film exactly the same. Im yet to see that sha.

Bollywood does it plenty. Dialogue, scene and even outfits!!
Re: Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? by ijebabe: 10:51am On May 14, 2013
VillageBoi:

Africa? Is Africa has always been seriously good when it comes to filmmaking... check the history. But I guess you mean Nigeria & Ghana...
A lot of the new crop of Nollywood films have been pretty good too. Still not a common thing but does happen and will continue to.
Yeah, its not common but in getting inspiration for movies, we tend to see links to other western films. I think every film that can be made has been made. What we see are variations.
Re: Why Do Africa Usually Copy Foreign Movies Without Any Change? by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On May 14, 2013
Bollywood does it a lot too but the funny thing is that i always prefer the Bollywood version. I remember the bollywood version of a movie starring Jamie Fox and Tom cruise where Fox was a taxi driver. The Indian version was way better.

(1) (Reply)

#bbathechase Nominations: Five In Danger! / Funke Akindele Sets To Release Jenifa 4 / Who Is Best Suited For Hokage??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.