Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Too Programmed To Be An Accident - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Too Programmed To Be An Accident (3391 Views)

Why Has God Programmed The World To Have Such A Violent End? / Angel Caught On CCTV Saving A Man From An Accident / Deepsight: Is Consciousness A Divine Attribute Or An Accident Of Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2013
wiegraf: Op, you've heard of natural selection?
No no no u are missing the point,i'm talking about origin(the first man)not adapting to your enviroment and the changes thereof
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 5cassavasticks: 11:40am On May 13, 2013
musKeeto:
Every responsible troll knows that. It's the first rule taught in troll school. Some are born trolls, others learn to be trolls...

With the latter though, I have to admit, the line between troll and plain stupid isn't quite distinct..
What are you doing here? don't you have christians to bully and lie against?
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by wiegraf: 1:55pm On May 13, 2013
2nedo: If cars,houses,computers even cloths can have a maker then Human being can never be an accident as proclaimed by some groups. Like begets like,accident can only beget accidents,only the programmed can programme.There is surely a maker you may call HIM whatever name u like all i believe is HUMANS are too programmed to be an accident.I dont know about some animals who believe they evolved from apes.For me im specially and wonderfully made.So called atheist think now HABA!!!

The bold, humans, were 'programmed' by evolution, so your problem is with evolution, do you get it? Evolution explains the genesis of homo sapiens. Like you note, the theory is man evolved from apes, see?

Life as a whole is generated via abiogenesis. The universe by the BB + xx.x. All our unique traits and whatnot, our brains, hands etc that make us "specially and wonderfully made" humans, are explained via the processes of evolution, not say abiogenesis or BB.

2nedo: No no no u are missing the point,i'm talking about origin(the first man)not adapting to your enviroment and the changes thereof

Again, first man came about via evolution. He 'adapted' from an ancestor to eventually homo sapiens. Life as a whole on the other hand came about via abiogenesis.

Anyways, assuming your issue is with life as a whole, good, so you have no problems with evolution? You understand how evolution works, how it explains speciation, yes? Assuming you understand how evolution works, why do you have problems with abiogenesis?

Now note, I'm no biologist and there are many different theories out there, but from how I understand (which should be well known to anyone interested in the subject, except of course our foolish troll) most of the candidates are similar to evolution. They evolve with time. It is not an immediate process, the 'mud' doesn't just become alive. Chance combinations occur until eventually nature shapes a self replicating molecule, just as natural selection weeds out genetic mutations and produces more successful lifeforms. If you have no problem with natural selection, I can't see why you would have a problem with abiogenesis.

Now note, the chances of these combinations are likely extremely low, just as say the chances of jumping from single cell to multicell are low as well, but given that these combinations take place at any given time, simultaneously, trillions of times, and the availability of a few hundred million years, well, do the math. Despite all this though, they still remain unlikely, and thus we have explanations for things like shared ancestry and the apparent paucity (so far, and it's extremely early days) of other (especially intelligent) life in the cosmos.

Verify with a biologist or something, but I think that's the gist of it, obviously without any specifics.

Where we may have problems proper may be (especially) with the physical constants and some areas of the BB. Basically the genesis of the whole system itself, ie the universe. This is a beast of a fairly different nature though, as it's foundational. For instance, evolution and abiogenesis build on an environment engendered BB, while BB as far as we know is the base. We also simply do not have enough data (yet) to explain a few things.

Anyways, for humans and life, problems? No, not really. Natural explanations are available, even if details require some work.
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by plaetton: 2:10pm On May 13, 2013
Kay 17: A platform/environment (an existential primary) is necessary upon design can take place. As I always say, a designer merely alters/manipulates his environment to his desires/wishes/needs.

A designer does not stand alone, he necessarily requires an enivronment with rules he understands/appreciates, and thereafter manipulates.

We humans do design our machines and fashion tools that work in line with the present physical laws. A knife is pointed for the obvious reason of resistance. Our cars move faster by abiding to the laws of motions. We adjust our space gadgets to the demands and specs of outer space.

My point is God as a designer is not the root cause of our cosmological trauma, rather questions should be focussed on the existent primary platform. "Why is there Something rather Nothing"

Also, humans dangerously project themselves as an anthropomorphic God, with equal desires and wants and motives.

Profound!.
I always say that clinging to the notion of a grand designer is a copout for minds too tired or too lazy to extend their thinking.

1 Like

Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by plaetton: 2:15pm On May 13, 2013
Kay 17: ^^^ hence we can dispense with the necessity of God.

Indeed.
The pre-occupation with god robs humanity of so much energy and potential.
It robs humanity of creative potentials.

Has everyone not noticed that human potential and creativity has taken an exponential leap forward over the last few hundred years with the gradual but steady emasculation of religion and god from our lives?

2 Likes

Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 6:21pm On May 13, 2013
If the evolution is genuine.Why one ape?and how did apes come into existense?there are still many apes in the bush,the evolution suppose to continue all these craps are fiction
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 6:35pm On May 13, 2013
What gives any living thing meaning is life.And how can u explain d spirit attached to human so complex that u'll just be assuming crap and still believe in those craps
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 6:54pm On May 13, 2013
If this abiogenesis is true a least we must experience some in our time or is there explanation for the halt
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by plaetton: 7:00pm On May 13, 2013
2nedo: If the evolution is genuine.Why one ape?there are still many apes in the bush,the evolution suppose to continue all these craps are fiction

Ignorant.
While in school, Played hookie on biology days and now prentending to ask serious questions.
Get acquainted with your local public library.
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by Kay17: 7:52pm On May 13, 2013
2nedo: What gives any living thing meaning is life.And how can u explain d spirit attached to human so complex that u'll just be assuming crap and still believe in those craps

Meaning of life is defined by the existing being.
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 8:06pm On May 13, 2013
plaetton:

Ignorant.
While in school, Played hookie on biology days and now prentending to ask serious questions.
Get acquainted with your local public library.
I know u unstd me u just dont want to agree that the theory behind evolution is fake.Y one ape when there are many apes.I believe u wont tell me that the evolved one is special.Y the halt?we suppose to witness at least one in this our time
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by plaetton: 8:22pm On May 13, 2013
2nedo: I know u unstd me u just dont want to agree that the theory behind evolution is fake.Y one ape when there are many apes.I believe u wont tell me that the evolved one is special.Y the halt?we suppose to witness at least one in this our time

Rolling on the floor with laughter.
This is why the educational system desperately needs to put a lot more emphasis on science than the usesless bible/ religious knowledge crap.
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by wiegraf: 11:17pm On May 13, 2013
2nedo: If the evolution is genuine.Why one ape?and how did apes come into existense?there are still many apes in the bush,the evolution suppose to continue all these craps are fiction

If god created us from mud, why is there still mud?
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 11:48pm On May 13, 2013
plaetton:

Rolling on the floor with laughter.
This is why the educational system desperately needs to put a lot more emphasis on science than the usesless bible/ religious knowledge crap.
You can laugh and roll on interlock all i care is HUMANS are not and didnt relate to chimps in anyway unless u choose personally to be their relatives,i cant arrest u for that cos everyone have right to his/her opinion.
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by ooman(m): 9:38am On May 14, 2013
2nedo: You can laugh and roll on interlock all i care is HUMANS are not and didnt relate to chimps in anyway unless u choose personally to be their relatives,i cant arrest u for that cos everyone have right to his/her opinion.

there is genetic proof.

fusion of chromosome 13&14 to make human chromosome 2.

all living apes have 48 chromosomes, we have 46 because of that chanced but natural selected fusion.

that is why only humans are intelligent in our lineage.

tongue
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by ooman(m): 9:40am On May 14, 2013
2nedo: I know u unstd me u just dont want to agree that the theory behind evolution is fake.Y one ape when there are many apes.I believe u wont tell me that the evolved one is special.Y the halt?we suppose to witness at least one in this our time

olodo, fossil record show about 30 different manlike apes that are already extinct.

we survived cos of our intelligence.

so, nature didn't start with one ape that led to us, we survived because we can

tongue
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 6:27pm On May 14, 2013
ooman:

olodo, fossil record show about 30 different manlike apes that are already extinct.

we survived cos of our intelligence.

so, nature didn't start with one ape that led to us, we survived because we can

tongue
Mr intelligent baboon.If charles darwin can frame this crap means i can come out with my piece 2moro that apes evolved from monkeys.I wonder y u cant see the clear differences btw the two parties.apes cant talk we have languages.(cont..next page)
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2013
@ooman apes have visible soft hair all over their body but humans have thick hair on our head and some part of our body.As we grow sophisticated our hair suppose be more soft but strong.No matter the years,the climate change.A fish will always be a fish,goat can never become a lion lailai.If no evolution can happen in our time then all ur theories are fake.And y the apes that are intelligent to become human are unable to survive but the dum apes are still many in the bush?see!!! u no get point
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2013
@ooman 30 manlike intelligent apes are already extinct only human survived but there are still many dum ape jumping around in the bush.Guy,if someone is fooling u just dont fool urself.
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by Kay17: 9:29pm On May 14, 2013
DNA tests for ancestry use the same principles to test for homo sapiens link to other apes. Man is scientifically classified as ape.

It is more or less a game of similarity.
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by wiegraf: 10:06pm On May 14, 2013
2nedo: If this abiogenesis is true a least we must experience some in our time or is there explanation for the halt

You know for sure we don't?
You missed the low odds?

But more importantly, you realize that any other sort of nascent life that evolves via abiogenesis is going to end up in the tummies of the already myriad other established lifeforms? In other words, interference. It would require a lot of luck for any species to evolve via abiogenesis in this environment, as sophisticated competitors (already well hardened by natural selection) are very readily available.

And different conditions. Even if we did confirm it taking place recently, conditions then were different from now. What would work today would not necessarily have worked then, and what worked then would not necessarily work now, freely in nature ie. Conditions could possibly replicated in labs, and that's what most try to do.
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by wiegraf: 10:07pm On May 14, 2013
2nedo: If the creationism is genuine.Why one mud?and how did mud come into existense?there are still many mud in the ground,the creationism suppose to continue all these craps are fiction

Fixed
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 1:31am On May 15, 2013
wiegraf:

Fixed
Why did u edit my post?so when u realise ur theories are not tangible enough to convince me u help me conclude abi?O ti shii.Ape can look like human in structure but can never be a man.They are two different things
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 2:06am On May 15, 2013
@wiegraf'condition could possibly replicated in labs' well quoted,Any evolution in our time must be by human ie dogs.We are made to make things,that potential is deposited in us since inception.So if science really want to proof evolution they should search for apes that carry same gene with human nutured it till it become human.Law of cloning says'sheep from a sheep'cat from a cat' make dem clone man from chimpanze na make we know ao far grin
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by wiegraf: 2:23am On May 15, 2013
2nedo: Why did u edit my post?so when u realise ur theories are not tangible enough to convince me u help me conclude abi?O ti shii.Ape can look like human in structure but can never be a man.They are two different things

You opened this thread, not me. You are seeking to convince us people with actual brains, not the other way round. Yet I've addressed your points, yes? Have you addressed any of mine?

I've shown you why I think your reasoning is shallow and you have basically come back with "I am right BECAUSE I SAY SO!!". The, as is usual, pompous sense of entitlement of religious sheeple. It seems you think yourself the local beauty every villager in town wants to ban.g. If I were kind, I'd say you're more of local champion, mind you.

And if you're too dense to decipher what the edits imply, well. Then again...
Re: Too Programmed To Be An Accident by 2nedo(m): 8:00am On May 15, 2013
@wiegraf All those complimentaries are urs check my last post and lets see what u gat,back to the topic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shouldn't We Hear Lucifer's Side Of The Story? / Rccg: Impoverishing The Parish; Embellishing The Hq / Who Exactly Am I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.