Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,300 members, 7,867,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

Look Away From Yourself Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Look Away From Yourself Part 1 (511 Views)

6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Look Away From Yourself Part 1 by charisville: 8:12am On May 13, 2013
After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward”. Genesis 15:1

Charis Ville Capsule

Beloved, our daddy God is a good God. We can't fully wrap our minds around the goodness and graciousness of our Abba Father. God told Abram; "I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward". It wasn't a promise but a statement of fact. He said "I am that I am" not "I will be". At certain instances in our lives, when things go wrong, it's not that the mind of our Daddy has changed towards us. It's just that our mind and focus have shifted from Him and what He told us. When we begin to sink in life's storm, it's a clear indication that our eyes and focus have shifted from our source.

Many times, it's not that our eyes shifted to our problems or the storm; our eyes usually shift to ourselves. After God assured Abram that He was not only his shield but his great reward, Abram still asked God in the next verse, in Gen 15:2; "Lord what will you give me?" God was trying to point Abram to Himself (our daddy God) but Abram was too engrossed in himself.

Saints, God has given you His gift of abundant grace and righteousness to reign in life (Romans 5:17). But you still look at yourself and your self righteousness. The Lord is calling to you today; that you partake in all His benefits i.e. His reward. Brothers and sisters, let's look away from ourselves, our self effort and flesh. Let's look up to Him alone who is our great reward.
*To be continued*

Prayer: My daddy God, You are my shield, my exceeding great reward. I look away from myself, in Jesus Name.

Email: charisville@gmail.com

CVM Blackberry Pin: 26655112

Shalom,

Charis Ville Ministries.
Please Share.

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion Xtians / Any Logical Explanation For This? / Atheists? Can You Explain How Religious Peeps Are Ok With Dregs Of Society?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.