Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,752 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (21930 Views)

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by danielmichael(m): 7:34am On Feb 22, 2015
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.
God has been so faithful to me.

So please i wana know if they will be effect of this in a longrun!!

Cool comments pls

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by gilgal7(f): 7:36am On Feb 22, 2015
Busy sleeping while am FTC...#hangover tings
They are many...u miss attendance,notices,sermons,comunion etc Jesus said were two or more are gather in my name i am with them....christians must go to church...its a constant will
NB....
My dp wont stop me from going to haven when God wishes...all dos pretenderd guys following me and sending me pm ...am not ur class of market better backoff before u commit sins...dnt blame me if u not on haven list...mstchew...lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 22, 2015
First of all op, the bible says that iron sharpeneth iron. This means that when you go to church and see fellow brethren like you worshiping God and doing his work, your faith tends to be galvanized.
Also don't forget about the word of God that is preached every time in the service.

Asides this points, I don't think there is any repercussion so far as you don't live God's presence, while you are away from the church.
Meaning that you make sure to read your bible and pray always.

Also you know by not going to church, you tend on missing out on offerings which is a huge way of getting blessings from God.
So make sure you find time to give some money to the poor or to those in need. For if you give to the poor, you are giving to God. It doesn't mean you must give to a pastor.

Its not stipulated anywhere in the bible that not going to church, is a sin. Apostle paul only said we should not forsake the assembly of the brethren.

So op, I don't think you get any repercussions from not going to church for a couple of months. Just make sure you don't break your connection with God. And the only thing that can breach that connection is sin.

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by phlamesG: 7:44am On Feb 22, 2015
Repent and go 2 church

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by pussypounder(m): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2015
No repercussion, if you dont want to go to church then go to mosque or shrine....the last time i was in church was october 22 1696

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 22, 2015
The only repercussion is that you won't be paying tithe,and offering,and the numerous money taken in the church..

Aside that,you aren't missing anything.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by promisechild(m): 8:26am On Feb 22, 2015
Why thou border on worldly things?

Do you think God is interested in us?
If you think so, u are wrong

God is a perfect Being and the things of this world are all imperfect if God that is a perfect Being is now interested in imperfect things and thus making God to be imperfect and God can not stoop so low to be imperfect.

Cc: Aristotle

religion was invented by man and not by God so u not going to church doesn't have any repercussion on you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by BUSHHUNTER: 8:26am On Feb 22, 2015
Nothing no repercussions.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by mako007(m): 8:27am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.
God has been so faithful to me.

So please i wana know if they will be effect of this in a longrun!!

Cool comments pls
Mehn bro welcome to the club, I stopped attending church since tym immemorial.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by realGURU(m): 8:27am On Feb 22, 2015
Pls is today sunday?

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by sammieguze(m): 8:27am On Feb 22, 2015
Lol.... Expecting to hear hell tinx

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by xamiel: 8:27am On Feb 22, 2015
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 22, 2015
Not good o I know wat I am saying
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by CrazyMan(m): 8:27am On Feb 22, 2015
Salvation is found in Christ.

John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

God gave His Son so that we may have eternal life, thus destroying the need of good works, including going to church, to go to heaven. Eternal life is attained by faith alone in Christ alone.

See also..

1 John 5:12. “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life”

Those who believe in Christ, who have accepted His sacrifice in payment of their sins, will spend eternity in heaven. Those who reject Him will not.

To your question No amount of church attendance will earn you eternity in heaven, and no lack of church attendance will result in the loss of your salvation. However, church attendance is important.

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by akashi01(m): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2015
death undecided
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by iceberylin(m): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2015
Only months undecided

Have been Away for years grin

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Setaje(f): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2015
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed

25 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Rajjah(f): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2015
nop
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by englishmart(m): 8:28am On Feb 22, 2015
church is in the heart

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by IamOpemipo(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2015
mako007:
Mehn bro welcome to the club, I stopped attending church since tym immemorial.

Lol..awon badoos..form stl remian?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by holatin(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2015
it makes you go deeper into sin.
staying away from church may make you do some sinful act expecially if the reason is not about "WORK"

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 22, 2015
Joining ya soon cos I ain't going to church today.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Rajjah(f): 8:30am On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed
God wil grant ur heart's desires.

11 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by nairaman66(m): 8:30am On Feb 22, 2015
One of the most sensible thread in months on Nairaland!!

I see a follow up thread for Muslims!! grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:31am On Feb 22, 2015
You'll conserve your money.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 22, 2015
none
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by seuncyber(m): 8:32am On Feb 22, 2015
Hell
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by skubido(m): 8:33am On Feb 22, 2015
u may think u are ok, but if God open ur inner eye and c tinz dat is happening dat ordinary eye can't c. broz u we knw dat u need 2 go 2 church nd pray 2 ur God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by olayincar(m): 8:33am On Feb 22, 2015
Itz good to be in the house of the Lord always

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ozubulu Youths Protest, Demand To Know The Cause Of The Catholic Church Killings / Winners Chapel Church In Kenya On Fire (Video, Photo) / Kenyan Bus Preacher Angry For Getting Little Offering From Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.