Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? (1293 Views)

Is A Woman Suppose To Claim The State Of Origin Of Her Husband? / I Am Dying Silently, What Am I Suppose To Do? / Who Is Suppose To Ask My Father How Much My Bride Price: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by jmason: 10:46am On May 13, 2013
Hi peepo, I never thought I'll become one of those people feeling a little bit wary about my wife's failtfulness to me, here is my story:

My wife is still a stay at home mum since she is still raising our 8 months old baby, and I since I lost my job have been running business here and there so sometimes am always at home, and attimes I am not. Now whenever my brother wants to come to the house, he actually doesnt call me or needs to call me. All of a sudden, he started calling, he'll go by saying ' you dey house'? I'll be like no if am truly not, and yes if I was. I was never having it in mind if he was trying something fishy with my wife when he started calling to ask if I was home, not until it became very frequent, then I started having the thought, and also my brother is well known to sleeping with house-helps no matter how good looking or bad looking they were, so that alone made me up my guard and I became so wary but was taking it easy.
It finally became more of a worrisome circumstance to me when I went to a friends place not too far from my house, that very day, my brother has called also to know if I was home, I told him no, and then my wife called me and asked if I was close to the house, I said no, I was then gonna ask why she was asking, she had hung up without me finishing the statement because I heard some1 knocked at the door, I immediately called her back,and asked who was at the door, she said it was my brother, at that moment I asked her again why she was asking, she said I shouldnt bother, I demanded that she tells me, she replied again by saying I shouldnt bother, I then suggested if she had wanted me to get her something, she now said yes I wanted you to help me get something, I asked what that could be, my wife couldnt give me an instant response until after at least 20 seconds, I found that weird to be precise, and I found it even more weird that she said she wanted chicken wings from KFC.I sent a txt message saying ‘be careful’ though in order not to make the issue more obvious that am being suspicious, I resent another txt saying sorry message was not meant for you, but at least if something was actually gonna go down, that txt may have avert it one way or the other.

Peepo, I know my wife well, and I know things she likes and what not to ask me to buy, although that faithful day, she might have had a different stuff she wanted truly, but those few details makes me feel there might be going on in agreement between the two of um. I told her immediately that I am coming home now, but didnt go back until like an hour cos I was having a business meeting with my friend.

when I got back home, she was quick to brng up counter accusations such as me being too private with my phones, that have been deleting messages etc etc, I found it weird because she wouldnt bring up issues up like that all of a sudden, I started feeling like shes countering me with somewhat of a guilty conscience inside of her, she wanted to know who I actually sent the 'be careful' message to.

This situation started to draw things of the past back, the way he always talk about my brother, how she feels bad for him when she overhear girls calling him and asking for different things and how he's always very quick to answer them, saying they are taking him for granted, also said he is the only one out of my siblings that she likes his lifestyle, saying he doesnt worry himself or give a Bleep about any worries. Those compliments and concern which I didnt take serious wayback, now seems something important to me, infact yesterday my brother was asking me when my wife's birthday's date is, I asked why he was asking, he said I wanna get ger something she likes for her bday, it may be a normal statement, but my brother isnt that nice to that level or would actually think about getting someone something for a birthday. Am I overthinking? or I have every reason to be wary at this moment?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by Nobody: 10:50am On May 13, 2013
oh god. Not again. cry
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by greatgod2012(f): 11:23am On May 13, 2013
You have the right to wary, but i believe you can actually know what is happening between them if you want to.
May God help you.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by Nobody: 11:29am On May 13, 2013
greatgod2012: You have the right to wary, but i believe you can actually know what is happening between them if you want to.
May God help you.

Exactly, why do you want us to help investigate what you can find out for youself easily. When next they call you, tell them you are in Ibadan and then give them the shock of their lives by coming in 30 mins later. At least then you will have an idea of what is really going on.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by biolabee(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2013
Another story of marital infidelity undecided

i weak
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by obyrich(m): 12:02pm On May 13, 2013
Set a trap for them. But prepare for the worst.If you know that you would commit suicide if you catch them red handed, better lock up. Just assume your wife is practising polyandry.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by breathless(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2013
@op, pls b VERY wary. Things are happening these days that are not 2 b taken 4 granted. Just do all u can to allay or confirm ur suspicions. God help u.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by Winneygirl(f): 7:50pm On May 13, 2013
biolabee: Another story of marital infidelity undecided

i weak

Biolabee, I weak too o.
Infact, I'll stay off all these marital drama threads 4 a while.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by biolabee(m): 8:15pm On May 13, 2013
Winneygirl:

Biolabee, I weak too o.

i think i wll join u on that fence
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 13, 2013
Winneygirl:

Biolabee, I weak too o.
I can't help but laugh at ur statement.
This shows that marriage no be for d faint hearted.
Pls don't stay off.somebody might be benefitin from ur posts w'out u knowing it.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 13, 2013
biolabee:

i think i wll join u on that fence
Don't join too.at least I like ur posts cos u always make sense.I think some others like how u analyse things too
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by biolabee(m): 8:43pm On May 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Don't join too.

thanks ma.. but i weak seriously for the wahala on this cyber land
that is why i am waiting for Baba's fresh air to spice up the family seksion
grin grin
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by Godmother(f): 8:01am On Jun 12, 2013
OP d way I see this u are overthinking and because yo already have a warymind u tend to over-analyse evry single words or action these two people do.

I'm sure ur wife must already know ur schedule. If they were cheating ur bro wouldn't need to call u to find out ur whereabout, he would get that detail from ur wife. You are just playing FBI without pay and giving yourself hypertension in the process
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by bellong: 9:20am On Jun 12, 2013
Simple advice: secretly put surveillance camera in your house #only advisable if you can handle whatever comes along with the findings#

2. Plant bugs on your wife to monitor her movement #If you do not trust your wife enough#

3. Plant bugs in your brother's house to monitor if your wife do pay unholy visit #At your own risk, not recommended#

The recommended....

Be patient and tact, you will eventually find out IF she is having extra-marital relationship. Meanwhile, If the case is true, be preparing your mind on what you will do to handle the situation well so as to result in a win-win for both parties.

It is well with you
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by causewahala: 11:08am On Jun 12, 2013
bellong: Simple advice: secretly put surveillance camera in your house #only advisable if you can handle whatever comes along with the findings#

2. Plant bugs on your wife to monitor her movement #If you do not trust your wife enough#

3. Plant bugs in your brother's house to monitor if your wife do pay unholy visit #At your own risk, not recommended#

The recommended....

Be patient and tact, you will eventually find out IF she is having extra-marital relationship. Meanwhile, If the case is true, be preparing your mind on what you will do to handle the situation well so as to result in a win-win for both parties.

It is well with you

LMAO @ all 3 points! grin You want turn the guy to covert agent ni? Surveilance camera would be a dead give-away, even if wifey doesn't notice, brother might (not saying anything is going on oooh!)

The best you can do is plant bugs in ur own house and not on ur wife(u be CIA?).

Something tells me ur wife is already wary if she's truly guilty cos u waived the red flag too early! lipsrsealed
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
Too bad undecided Some women sha!

(1) (Reply)

How To Help Your Kids Do Well In Maths In This Incoming Session / Love During Relationship And Love During Marriage / Family 'beat Pregnant 13-year-old And Try To Burn The Miscarriage Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.