Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,582 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:39 PM

Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar (16708 Views)

Okagbare Clinches Third Position IAAF Diamond League Zurich / Okagbare Jumps 7.04m To Win Diamond League In Monaco / Okagbare Wins 200M In London Diamond League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Dhelake: 6:42am On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Congrats to Okagbare. For her to beat Chioma Ajunwa's record shows that she has a bright future in long jump.

I wonder what happened to Olusoji Fasugba. I just stopped seeing him. He was really good and was heading for the top. I also miss Uchenna Emedolu. If we can groom Obinna metu, i think he can go really far cos i saw what he did at the Beijing olympics.
fasuba now works in the british military
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Jidefido(m): 7:29am On May 14, 2013
CFCfan:

the 2.2m/s is the tail wind (wind pushing the athletes). According to the IAAF, any 'record' that was created by tail wind higher than 2m/s won't be recognized or made official. hence, Ajunwa's 7.12m still stands as the African record.

Tnx bro for d clarity. I get it bt one more tin, ow do they know her jump is wind assisted? Ow is dat measured? And wats m/s? Sorry am askin 2 much
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 7:31am On May 14, 2013
Jide fido:

Tnx bro for d clarity. I get it bt one more tin, ow do they know her jump is wind assisted? Ow is dat measured? And wats m/s? Sorry am askin 2 much

Oh yes, the wind level is measured by a wind gauge. m/s stands for metres per second.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by sandrapower(f): 7:35am On May 14, 2013
She has made us proud

Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Nobody: 7:36am On May 14, 2013
sandrapower: She has made us proud
You can say that again! cool

BTW, is that u in the profile pic?
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by Madawaki01(m): 10:53am On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Congrats to Okagbare. For her to beat Chioma Ajunwa's record shows that she has a bright future in long jump.

I wonder what happened to Olusoji Fasugba. I just stopped seeing him. He was really good and was heading for the top.
olusoji fasuba is now a british soldier..,he joined the british navy..i tink early last year
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by toprealman: 3:31pm On May 14, 2013

I wonder what happened to Olusoji Fasugba. I just stopped seeing him. He was really good and was heading for the top. I also miss Uchenna Emedolu. If we can groom Obinna metu, i think he can go really far cos i saw what he did at the Beijing olympics.
Fasuba is now with the British Royal Navy.
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by ddeola: 4:21pm On May 14, 2013
Nice one !
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by tglobal(m): 1:38pm On May 18, 2013
So she came second in Shangai, behind Shelly-Ann and ahead of Jeter smiley
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by deene: 1:00pm On May 20, 2013
CFCfan:

She tried her best. Heck, she won her heats and came 2nd in the semifinal.

I believe she would do better at this year's world championships.

Actually she won her semifinals also ... beating Tianna Maddison
she set her PB in that race. 10.92!
Re: Okagbare Jumps 7.14m At Diamond League In Qatar by deene: 1:08pm On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Now i see why Falilat Ogunkoya is always been mentioned in Nigeria. Before now, i was always thinking she was been hyped and stuff.

ahhh over hyped ke?
she probably won every 400m meets in africa in her days ....
she and Mary Onyali wer goddesses in africa ...
... and they rubbed shoulders with the best in the world just like Okagbare is doing now!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Beat Mexican Club, Tigres To Win The FIFA Club World Cup / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 / World Cup: Inmates To Watch Matches In Enugu Prisons – Controller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.